Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #7 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I don't think there is any way CPS will give the children back to her at this point. I am hoping that the children are placed somewhere away from all this where they can feel safe, loved, and get the counseling they will need.

With all that has come to light recently, why in the HELL would Mariah's mom even think she has a chance at retaining custody??? She truly must be out of her mind.

I am just going to throw this out there. Looking at the severe dysfunction that appears to be rampant in this "family" it seems to me that there isn't an acceptable custody option for the boys with any of them. Foster care in a loving home may or may not be available.

About 40 years ago or so, the prevailing sentiment evolved that "the worst home is better than the best institution".. Orphanages closed their doors. I really believe we may need to take a long hard look and think about some kind of group living facility for children whose lives have been ruined by all these crazies. Something that would provide comprehensive psychological help, loving and nurturing staff and would truly be a SAFE HAVEN.

The need is absolutely there........JMO

There is so much NEED out there... where is the beginning? So, many children are exposed to things they never need to know about. The crime, abuse, drugs, etc. is unfortunately becoming so wide spread and especially in strained homes. The generational issues are compounding.

The unfortunate reality for these boys is daunting. The fate Mariah has suffered, unimaginable to so many. Question is, how do we start to change this. There is so much talked about after such tradgety but what about before. It's obvious that many adults failed these kids. With that said idk what the less of two evils is for them. There are lots of stats but truly every case has individual specifics. Are these boys best suited to stay with family or are they better off removed from the dysfunction of family and have a new start. The information that has come out regarding the boys is certainly not in their best interest.

Hopefully, counseling, therapies, etc will be part of their future. In an intense way with specific modalities.

I just can't imagine how many suffer that are never helped given what I know about our systems and cultures that just don't work.

true, but they wont leave any crumbs behind! to the gums!

BBM

I tend to agree that it is not, as I said, I couldn't really tell, but I do have to disagree on where they'd chop out lines. Folks will do lines off of the floor, the back of their hands, the top of the toilet tank, and yes, the edge of a table , after they've become higher than a Georgia Pine. Once they become ripped, they become a little careless. Hence folks trying to snort substances out of carpeting with a dollar bill... I've seen some strange things in my life.

I agree with you on all other points (talking to Mariah, the DA).

Yes, he has a 2 year old daughter (seen holding her in the infamous Thanksgiving pic missing KW and Mariah). Baby's mama was also in the pic and now I'm beginning to see why. It appears this woman does have a relationship with EK's family, so understandable she would want them to see their granddaughter on Thanksgiving. Understandable why the mother would be present. MOO

Thanks for asking! I am so confused! I thought they were with KW's mother, Also, someone posted that EK has another child younger than Mariah.....is that true?

LE stated Mariah was deceased prior to her being found. Evidence meaning forensic evidence must have pointed to this. And lots of it. IMO

I'm trying to organize a time line for all the events surrounding Mariah's life, disppearence, and death.

This is what I've got so far as it is a work in progress and I need to revisit a lot of sites for accurate info. If anyone would like to add to it or correct it, feel free.

Mariah Kay Woods Case

Full Time Line of Events (as far as I know)

April 2, 2016, the note “Kimrey and Woods” crossed over with a white-out pen where the address should be listed, for assault in which “juvenile” is listed as the victim and states the juvenile suffered minor injuries.

May 2016 KWH charged with misdemeanor simple assault (Victim being HC who alleges her ankle was broken)

June 2016
Last time AW & HC saw the 3 Wood's children (including Mariah)

July 2016
Charges against KWH dropped (HC did not show up to court)

November 26, 2017
11 pm last alleged siting of Mariah

November 27 2017
911 call to report Mariah's disappearance was placed. Records indicate that Kimrey placed this particular call.

December 2 2017
Mariah's body was found apox 25 miles from her home in neighboring Pender's County

Sources:
http://www.jdnews.com/news/20171205/mariahs-father-speaks-on-cps-documents-memories-of-his-daughter

They have said before that her disability didn't stop her from chasing her brothers.

I would assume they meant while she was wearing braces. I had a good friend in childhood who wore leg braces for polio and she was quite fast in them. But without them, walking was a struggle.

lol ok... I worj full time as does my partner and my house isn't spic and span. I also suffer from extreme ADHD/ODD and organization is NOT my strong point. my house is sanitary but clutter abounds and it tends to be on tabletops and shelves. im a good and loving mother and my kids have a stable home. my step kids mom is show ready and neat as a pin, it is only a nod to her control freak tendencies. she doesnt even try to see her teenage son who lives w us fulltime.

I know that messes also come w careless adults as well but just had to point that out.

I looked at the picture. It looks like white powder to me, that could have been pushed to the side of the table. But it could also be milk, or some other type of stain. What stands out to me the most is the disorganization of the household, run by careless adults.

In a press conference the FBI agent said the case is now a homicide. They must have evidence to come to this conclusion, IMO. Though, I guess an accident can be classified as a homicide.

Technically, homicide just means death at the hands of another human being. It doesn't speak to if it was accidental, intentional or otherwise.

Thanks for asking! I am so confused! I thought they were with KW's mother, Also, someone posted that EK has another child younger than Mariah.....is that true?
He has a daughter about a year younger than Mariah.

Oh I don't think there is any way CPS will give the children back to her at this point. I am hoping that the children are placed somewhere away from all this where they can feel safe, loved, and get the counseling they will need.

I think AW also is going to have trouble because he released the confidential CPS documents.

I'm trying to organize a time line for all the events surrounding Mariah's life, disppearence, and death.

This is what I've got so far as it is a work in progress and I need to revisit a lot of sites for accurate info. If anyone would like to add to it or correct it, feel free.

Mariah Kay Woods Case

Full Time Line of Events (as far as I know)

April 2, 2016, the note “Kimrey and Woods” crossed over with a white-out pen where the address should be listed, for assault in which “juvenile” is listed as the victim and states the juvenile suffered minor injuries.

May 2016 KWH charged with misdemeanor simple assault (Victim being HC who alleges her ankle was broken)

June 2016
Last time AW & HC saw the 3 Wood's children (including Mariah)

July 2016
Charges against KWH dropped (HC did not show up to court)

November 26, 2017
11 pm last alleged siting of Mariah

November 27 2017
911 call to report Mariah's disappearance was placed. Records indicate that Kimrey placed this particular call.

December 2 2017
Mariah's body was found apox 25 miles from her home in neighboring Pender's County

Sources:
http://www.jdnews.com/news/20171205/mariahs-father-speaks-on-cps-documents-memories-of-his-daughter

May 2016 - the ankle being broken wasn't a result of alleged assault, just her excuse for not making it to court. In addition KW stated HC assaulted her - then HC went to magistrate and filed a claim for assault after the fact.

Yea. Agreed she does seem very well put together in pictures. So u think that because KW is attentive to detail (looks) that would be the reason she remembers her daughter's underwear she was wearing? Not arguing just curious. I still am a bit perplexed over that detail. I realize my thought was pretty far out on a limb, just. Came to mind was all, since that's not uncommon for child sex offenders to be over focused on minute details...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or maybe they had one of those households where children were allowed to run around in their underwear vs pj's/play clothes. I say this b/c I have a family member I regularly reported on social media for posting pics of their two young girls only in panties. I realize money for "play clothes/laundry" was likely an issue, but family had sent them clothing and numerous members had discussed the dangers of posting pics like that. *Sigh* The children now live with a grandparent- very happily.

Thanks to everyone for backing up my EKs younger daughter comment. The newbie can't post a link, but last I checked his Facebook photos show him cradling the infant with a young Mariah looking on too.

With all that has come to light recently, why in the HELL would Mariah's mom even think she has a chance at retaining custody??? She truly must be out of her mind.
I posted this morning the name of her lawyer. Now I'm wondering if he is acting for her in relation to the custody matter or the criminal matter. Actually, thinking about it, it was on the NG podcast, so it must be for the custody hearing.

She has no chance.

May 2016 - the ankle being broken wasn't a result of alleged assault, just her excuse for not making it to court. In addition KW stated HC assaulted her - then HC went to magistrate and filed a claim for assault after the fact.

Thanks busylady. I'm making the changes to my time line surrounding the May 16the events.

Positive ID on Maria Wood's body as public visitation begins

ONSLOW COUNTY, NC (WITN) - Authorities have positively identified the body of Mariah Woods, ten days after the three-year-old was last seen alive.

The Onslow County Sheriff's Office confirmed that this afternoon as mourners are gathering at a Jacksonville funeral home.

The public visitation for Mariah will is taking place until 6:00 p.m. at Jones Funeral Home on Chaney Avenue in Jacksonville.

Co-workers of the child's father today set up "The Mariah Woods Fund" to help the family with upcoming expenses.

People can make donations to the First National Bank, 2445 Onslow Dr., Jacksonville, NC. 28540. Payments should be made out to "The Mariah Woods Fund."

A public visitation for Mariah will be held Wednesday from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. at Jones Funeral Home on Chaney Avenue in Jacksonville.

http://www.witn.com/content/news/Pu...oods-memorial-fund-established-462129153.html

bows were "in style" a few years ago.

nintchdbpict000370074610-e1512037395773.jpg

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5028957/missing-toddler-marines-mariah-woods-north-carolina/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member