Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #7 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On a fund, when all the bills are paid, does the family keep the rest?

Would this system help explain why they bothered to charge him with the theft of two cheap dressers? Some here have been confused by that, and have used it as a basis for thinking that the dressers themselves were somehow part of the crime, while others of us have believed they very well could be unrelated and just part of stacking the charges.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

The two larceny related charges that are felonies assured LE that the could get a higher bond being more likely to keep him incarcerated until the complete the investigation. IMO

With all that has come to light recently, why in the HELL would Mariah's mom even think she has a chance at retaining custody??? She truly must be out of her mind.

Or just plain selfish. I can't help but think that it's always about her in her mind - not about what is best for her children. Like it or not Mariah died in her care regardless of what the circumstances are surrounding it. She has exposed her children to EK who smashed up her vehicle. I would never allow some one with that sort of instability or temperament NEAR my children especially when they have already been victims of abuse.

A loving mom would step back and evaluate what is best for those two boys and a loving mom who isn't full of herself might realize those boys might be better off else where for now.

Thanks to everyone for backing up my EKs younger daughter comment. The newbie can't post a link, but last I checked his Facebook photos show him cradling the infant with a young Mariah looking on too.

Thank you! I just saw looked it up!

The only problem I have the child in panties only is if the story changed - she was in pjs no she was just in underwear. I don't think it is that big of a deal for a 3 year old to sleep in just panties or run around in the privacy of their own home in just panties. Some little ones just don't like clothes - I know from experience as I had one of those children lol.

I noticed the obituary noted Mariah passing in Jacksonville. Guessing that was just information obtained from the family. It doesn't appear that she died where she found, since we know he moved her. Looking more and more like it happened in the home, but when??? Could forensics on site give an accurate time?

LE stated Mariah was deceased prior to her being found. Evidence meaning forensic evidence must have pointed to this. And lots of it. IMO

nintchdbpict000370074610-e1512037395773.jpg

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5028957/missing-toddler-marines-mariah-woods-north-carolina/

Thinking bad thoughts here. [emoji22]

Very bizarre stuff.

I don't get this. Why would a social worker's child be anywhere near a client? Why would a social worker be hanging out with clients and their families?

I agree with another poster who said it may be the unclear writing, but it also occurred to me that it may be because that area is so small. Maybe the kids went to school together?

Yes, he has a 2 year old daughter (seen holding her in the infamous Thanksgiving pic missing KW and Mariah). Baby's mama was also in the pic and now I'm beginning to see why. It appears this woman does have a relationship with EK's family, so understandable she would want them to see their granddaughter on Thanksgiving. Understandable why the mother would be present. MOO
Given how jealous she appeared to be of AW's partner, (allegedly trying to run her over, refusing to let her children stay with their dad past year), she must have been seething about EK being at Thanksgiving with his ex. and his baby. Did she do something to grab attention? Did she do something out of anger about not having control over EK? I think jealousy is written all over her.

How old are they?

I looked at the picture. It looks like white powder to me, that could have been pushed to the side of the table. But it could also be milk, or some other type of stain. What stands out to me the most is the disorganization of the household, run by careless adults.
If I saw that photo without knowing who he is I wouldn't think much of it. It doesn't look significantly dirty and just that single snapshot didn't show me anything unsafe or unsanitary. I wonder if some of us are seeing things that aren't there based on our emotions about little Mariah.

Well...that's kinda creepy looking. It looks like a little girl's hair bow. I'm a guy so I'm not over familiar with women's hair bows but does that look a little too juvenile to anyone else?

Yes! Yes it does.

I'm new too, we'll see if that worked. This was the pic in question (that I'm totally not obsessed with, I swear). Clearly not nodding off here, so unlikely the possible mess/reflection on the near corner of glass table is drug residue (esp pot, heroin or meth in my humble undereducated in this regard opinion). But you are absolutely right that when one is nodding off, or even "higher than a Georgia Pine", there would be more possiblity of a half-used stash being left out to be accessed by little ones. Again, IMHO.

ETA: I don't think Mariah got into drugs in this case at all and don't intend to bring the pic endlessly. I am just a long time lurker who was also once upon a time a local to this area; so this picture conversation prompted me to register finally.

Welcome! I don't think she got into drugs either. Now, if they had some cannabis edibles that they'd carelessly left out, sure, but that wouldn't kill her. As OP said, Heroin or Coke or Meth, is going to taste just plain nasty, to a child. I think one of them either struck her, and she died, or he escalated the sexual assault, in some sort of meth fueled craze, and she died, as a result (sorry if too blunt, I tried various wordings, but this was the best I came up with). Meth is known for fueling strange sexual proclivities.

Asked by a child welfare worker what taking meth was like, a user responded: “Imagine the most pleasurable experience you have ever had. Now multiply that times ten.”

Abuse. Exposure to parents intoxicated by meth may compromise child safety: when high, users often exhibit poor judgment, confusion, irritability, paranoia, and increased violence. Given the effects it has on libido, children of meth-using parents may be at greater risk for sexual abuse (Swetlow, 2003; Riverside DEC, 2005), either by parents themselves or by other adults coming in and out of the home (NCDOJ, 2004).

Meth: What Child Welfare Workers Should Know
http://www.practicenotes.org/vol10_n2/know.htm

Given how jealous she appeared to be of AW's partner, (allegedly trying to run her over, refusing to let her children stay with their dad past year), she must have been seething about EK being at Thanksgiving with his ex. and his baby. Did she do something to grab attention? Did she do something out of anger about not having control over EK? I think jealousy is written all over her.

I want to make it very clear I am in no way defending the mother here - but we have a problem with mom letting a boyfriend move in and be around the children - why do we not have a problem with bio dad moving in with a girlfriend and being around the children. The papers stated she did not want his girlfriend to watch the kids while he was at work. I think that is a legit reason - though of course we don't know if that was really a truthful reason on her part or not.

You might me onto something here. IMO

NOVEMBER 19?????? and she deleted this post pretty quickly, right? I know her mom died a year ago, in Nov. It could be related to that. Similar to Lisa Irwin - her g'mother died within a year or so before baby Lisa disappeared, IIRC.

Her Mom is dead? Isn't it the maternal grandma the children were placed with following Mariah's disappearance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste