Deceased/Not Found NC - Monica Moynan, 23, mom of 2, Holly Springs, 7 Apr 2019 *GUILTY*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Jarlyn_Sluss-DMID1-5mt898etd-640x360.jpg

I hope HPD can convince Jarlyn now that she has been arrested, to tell where Moni's body is located. Not sure what her potential prison time will be, but she has two boys with Sluss. Maybe that will motivate her to cop a plea deal? Will she permanently lose her kids?
Sadly, I don’t think he told her. Unless she helped dispose of her but more likely she watched the girls. I think BS is the only one who knows. Maybe after some time in jail he’ll talk?

I honestly don't understand how she was okay with him killing his daughter's mother, didn't she really stop and think "oh boy, if he killed her, he might as well just kill me too"? Come on. It's disgusting.

Interesting. After her arrest yesterday, I looked at Jarlyn Lisbeth’s Facebook page. The most recent post was last Saturday praising her brother in law for remodeling her bathroom. Today, that post and all others are gone.

N.C. Mom Has Been Missing Since 2019 — and Her Ex-Boyfriend and Man's Ex-Wife Are Charged

A second arrest has been made.
Jarlyn Lisbeth Sluss has been charged with obstruction of justice and accessory after the fact for her alleged connection with the murder of the 23-year-old Monica Moynan.
Sluss is the ex-wife of Brian Sluss, 44, who is Moynan's ex-boyfriend.

Police say Moynan may have been pregnant at the time she was killed.
Investigators further suspect her probable pregnancy likely played some part in her death.

Did a Missing Woman’s Ex Fake Her Texts to Trick Her Family into Thinking She Was Alive?

In April 2019, MM’s texts kept up a steady pattern that felt utterly familiar. But from then to late July 2019, countless number of phone calls went unanswered and the hundreds of texts sent had replies filled the excuses or reasons for putting things off.

“Who would think it's not your daughter contacting you from her own phone?" MM’s mother says.

Police now say it wasn't.

Brian Sluss, 44, allegedly admitted to impersonating her with those messages, according to search warrants, but not to the reason police believe he did it: to hide his alleged murder of Moynan on April 7.

In the texts Sluss admitted to sending to Moynan's family over those months, "he talked like Monica," says Tucker. "He sounded like Monica. It was elaborate. Great detail. We're talking hour-long text conversations."

Inmate Detail
Name:
SLUSS, JARLYN LISBETH

Race / Sex: WHITE / FEMALE
Arrest Date: 5/12/2020
Release Date:
Next Court Date: 6/3/2020
Mug.aspx

Charge Status Docket # Bond Amount
ACCESSORY AFTER THE FACT (F) AWAITING TRIAL 20CR207605 ELECTRONIC HOUSE ARREST - SECURED BOND $750,000.00
OBSTRUCTING JUSTICE AWAITING TRIAL 20CR207605 ELECTRONIC HOUSE ARREST - SECURED BOND $0.00
Total Bond Amount:$750,000.00

So where did she fund $75k? Pledged her house?

Hope she doesn't sleep a wink :)

According to a post on Big Mad True Crime, Jarlyn didn't make bail and based on the post, she can kiss that hope goodbye. I think only the sister would have been able to come up with the cash for her.

Big Mad True Crime
Yesterday at 9:27 PM ·
Jarlyn Sluss has a bearing where she tried to reduce her bond. And the judge SHUT THAT *advertiser censored* DOWN. She tried to argue that she was a mother of two, and the judge was like - WE’RE TALKING ABOUT TWO MOTHERS OF TWO HERE. NOT ONE. #justiceformoni #monisarmy #monicamoynan

Her and Brian hadn’t talked in a month until the day Moni died....they talked every day after.

Turns out, she was also having an inappropriate relationship with her sister’s husband - which she tried to cover up by calling her mother from jail and asking her to delete a bunch of *advertiser censored* off her phone.

Her sister was the one who told Moni’s mom that she saw Brian with Moni’s phone. And was working hard to try and raise bail money for her sister. Her husband confirmed.

According to a post on Big Mad True Crime, Jarlyn didn't make bail and based on the post, she can kiss that hope goodbye. I think only the sister would have been able to come up with the cash for her.

Big Mad True Crime
Yesterday at 9:27 PM ·
Jarlyn Sluss has a bearing where she tried to reduce her bond. And the judge SHUT THAT **** DOWN. She tried to argue that she was a mother of two, and the judge was like - WE’RE TALKING ABOUT TWO MOTHERS OF TWO HERE. NOT ONE. #justiceformoni #monisarmy #monicamoynan

Her and Brian hadn’t talked in a month until the day Moni died....they talked every day after.

Turns out, she was also having an inappropriate relationship with her sister’s husband - which she tried to cover up by calling her mother from jail and asking her to delete a bunch of **** off her phone.

Her sister was the one who told Moni’s mom that she saw Brian with Moni’s phone. And was working hard to try and raise bail money for her sister. Her husband confirmed.
Wow, what a sweetheart she is.

When is Sluss' next hearing?
Brian Sluss is due in court on 8/27/2020 for a different case - Failure to Appear on a Domestic Violence charge. No court dates for the murder charge are pending at the moment.

Scroll down and search here by defendant name.
Court Dates | North Carolina Judicial Branch

No upcoming dates for Jarlyn Sluss are pending.

Heather Ashley did a phenomenal job, and definitely did Moni's case a lot of justice. I am glad you all tuned in to listen! am I am new to Webseluths actually. I am a local & I had the pleasure of making Moni's acquaintance in High School for a brief period of time. I have been following the case via facebook for the duration she has been missing. It is truly heartbreaking, but i think we are close to some closure & its truly wonderful that there are people out there who care and devote their time to helping. I am happy to be apart of this amazing community of Sleuths.
bbm
So glad to have you with us! The local touch is always a help with a case as well. Good post!
And this --

Welcome to Websleuths,
DWatson !!

Brian Sluss is due in court on 8/27/2020 for a different case - Failure to Appear on a Domestic Violence charge. No court dates for the murder charge are pending at the moment.

Scroll down and search here by defendant name.
Court Dates | North Carolina Judicial Branch

No upcoming dates for Jarlyn Sluss are pending.
Thank you!

I wonder where they are on the murder charges? Think they are trying to get him to tell where our sweet Moni's remains are?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95
Back