GUILTY NC - PFC Kelli Bordeaux, 23, Fayetteville, 14 April 2012 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is nice to finally have some closure on the July 25th remains, my thoughts are with the family and friends of Paula McLaurin.

Let's keep the hope alive for Kelli! Elizabeth Smart was returned to her family 9 months later, and Jaycee Dugard 18 years, anything is possible!

So it took just under two months for the remains to be identified - noting this as a reference in case other remains are discovered in the future - not that all remains that are found will take the same amount of time but we were especially wondering about the ones found behind the medical building.

I'm sorry for the family and the woman identified who was left there. It's good she was discovered though.

When I saw the Kelli's case on top with red, I got so excited hoping something new had happened directly related to finding her - so disappointed that there are no new developments here.

I wish I could be as optimistic as chellebelle71. I hope she's right.

I've wanted to post this for a few days now but didn't know where to post it. Considering Kelli sent a picture of herself earlier in the evening before going out, I'll post it here.

Last Saturday my TV was tuned into 'Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders 2011'. For some reason I had just watched an episode of the 2012 season of the same. I had never heard of or watched the show before that. I left the TV on that channel as I was doing some file cleanup and organization. I heard the leader who heads the cheerleading team talking about social media safety. They were going to conduct a class about it for the team. She said something about if you send a picture tweet and don't shut off or disengage something (?) anyone can figure out your exact location. She also mentioned another risk peeps may not be aware of when using social media.

Since I was involved in a task, I wasn't paying close enough attention but caught her point about tweeting pictures. Is there any chance Kelli tweeted her picture that night?

Excellent point Woe. And in that pic she is cute as a button. I'll say no more about that.....sigh.

As far as we know, Kelli did not have a Twitter account, therefore "tweeting" anything, let alone pics of herself, would have not been possible. Further, she did not post that picture of herself on her Facebook. She allegedly sent the pic of herself directly (allegedly to her sister, and possibly also or to Justin). However, that is not using social media. That's using either email or MMS from her phone. Only the person(s) she sent that photo to would have seen it.

As far as we know, Kelli did not have a Twitter account, therefore "tweeting" anything, let alone pics of herself, would have not been possible. Further, she did not post that picture of herself on her Facebook. She allegedly sent the pic of herself directly (allegedly to her sister, and possibly also or to Justin). However, that is not using social media. That's using either email or MMS from her phone. Only the person(s) she sent that photo to would have seen it.

BBM: The key here is the bolded. Most her age absolutely tweet. If she was tweeting that pic (or anything else that evening)...that would surely be of interest to me.

BBM: The key here is the bolded. Most her age absolutely tweet. If she was tweeting that pic (or anything else that evening)...that would surely be of interest to me.

"15 percent of online adults use Twitter in the 18-29 age category and the typical Twitter user skews towards an 18-29 year-old non-white male. 29 percent of adults 18-29 have a Twitter account" (source: PewInterest.org) let's round that up to 30%. 30% =/= "most."

Kelli didn't 'tweet' the pic or it would have been mentioned. It was said she sent the pic directly to her sister and/or Justin from her cell phone. That's not tweeting. If she had tweeted the picture it would be on Twitter and a record of her having a Twitter account would be there as well. Further, she did not post the picture on her own Facebook. The only activity on her facebook from that evening is the FB DJ (a female) friending her or being approved as a friend by her. The picture, her sending it, her facebook activity was all discussed back in April/May. Kelli's facebook account is still there and 'live.' I could find no Twitter account for her.

Do we know what ever came of the bloody khakis/shirt that were found, according to NH?

Did the "owner" (or whatever he really was) of Froggy Bottoms have his name on any of the legal documents? I don't recall it being on the liquor license or any other paperwork I've come across. I am asking because I am having some trouble accepting him just now being arrested for outstanding warrants if his name was registered along with any business documents. Am I the only one getting a shady vibe from him?

Do we know what ever came of the bloody khakis/shirt that were found, according to NH?

Did the "owner" (or whatever he really was) of Froggy Bottoms have his name on any of the legal documents? I don't recall it being on the liquor license or any other paperwork I've come across. I am asking because I am having some trouble accepting him just now being arrested for outstanding warrants if his name was registered along with any business documents. Am I the only one getting a shady vibe from him?

I would really like to know about the bloody clothes NH mentioned...I have heard nothing more of them. Would be interesting to know if LE did indeed find bloody clothes. And if so, where.
Oh yes...I too get the shady vibe from SC, the 'owner' of FB. But I get a shady vibe about NH too, and I am on the fence about MB, and then there is the guy with the glass eye who visited FB a week after Kelli went missing, and was claiming to be her father. Many shady characters abound.
Personally, I think Klaas kids or Tim Miller would be useful assets in this case...nothing against the current searchers and I mean no offense, they have been relentless and great, but IMO perhaps additional eyes could potentially aid this.
The lack of news on this case is sad...too bad I am becoming accustomed to that in so many missing persons cases.

I could be way off but I thought he had all the paperwork filed in someone else's name. He definitely sounds shady but I don't know of anything that ties him to Kelli other than owning FB.

I've said it before, if not here, then in other threads, but at some point doesn't holding back evidence for the sake of maintaining the integrity of an investigation give way to solving the case at all? I mean, if the case is never solved, what good does it do to keep things close to the vest. At some point, that approach has to give way to solving the case and maybe releasing more info will re-vitalize the public, may lead to more tips etc...This case and so many others just seem to wither away, the whole time things are kept close to the vest. I don't know the magical time, but at some point, what does it hurt to clue the public in and ask for their help?

I've said it before, if not here, then in other threads, but at some point doesn't holding back evidence for the sake of maintaining the integrity of an investigation give way to solving the case at all? I mean, if the case is never solved, what good does it do to keep things close to the vest. At some point, that approach has to give way to solving the case and maybe releasing more info will re-vitalize the public, may lead to more tips etc...This case and so many others just seem to wither away, the whole time things are kept close to the vest. I don't know the magical time, but at some point, what does it hurt to clue the public in and ask for their help?

i agree with you. there's a difference between trying to prove someone committed a crime and trying to find a missing person. it seems the priority should always be to recover the missing person and in cases like these the onus should be on le to not let the information go cold. once you've established that no more good tips are coming in then you start to release a bit of information or ask the public for corroboration on tips that didn't pan out (maybe four people call in to say they saw a suspicious model car). it's like the mentality is that you have to be able to arrest someone if you find a body and, while that's important, it shouldn't be at the expense of finding the body. some of the cases on ws go back forty or fifty years. it's ridiculous that even in those cases the general public can't have access to the information. we'd solve a lot more crimes if the sop changed. just my 2 cents.

I agree with you. The silent epidemic continues in missing person cases. For example, law enforcement has just this week finally released the clothing description in the Holly Bobo case. That case is 17 months old.:banghead:

I asked about the khaki shorts and was basically informed the Fayetteville PD did not release information to the media pertaining to any such items. So that could mean Nick H was questioned about these items and they truly were recovered and he shouldn't have mentioned it publicly, or this was just a tactic used to evaluate his response. OR it could have been completely fabricated by Nick H. We have heard accounts of him that indicate he could be pathological liar... Maybe he made the whole thing up?

Either way, we just have to remain optimistic! They withhold information for a reason so just consider every bit of info we don't know as being another nail in the coffin of the person responsible for Kelli's disappearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maylon