GUILTY NC - PFC Kelli Bordeaux, 23, Fayetteville, 14 April 2012 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still for the life of me not understand why Hubby never ever called her all weekend!
NOT ONCE!

and not even Monday morning!

maybe he didn't need to - maybe he already knew where she was :( maybe the search needs to turn to florida.

This is why the idea of tracing the social media outlets of the missing women is so important. Warner's idea is that roaming predators (truckers) may have found a way to locate their type via social media sites in the area they're at and/or headed. It's random but not totally because the perp already has someone picked out if all goes well according to his plan.

Someone told me it's the GPS one has to turn off on their phone before taking and posting pictures or tweeting them. The GPS will show the location and someone potentially could find the person at that location.

If this trucker is someone who has gathered victims he may have left evidence on his computer that the authorities are exploring. They are known to keep momentos, pieces of jewelry and driver's license. Maybe the creep has notes or directions in his computer or some clue that the Fayetteville police have been advised of? These are things I've seen time and time again on the real case shows that review crimes. The media connection, if used, is a newer possibility and it seems possible to me.

48 hrs. featured a show not long ago where the wife and mother of two kids killed her ex husband and his gf. Drove all the way to Colorado from Kansas or the other way around and shot them eleven times in their bed. Then drove back again.

As they grew, the kids knew their mother murdered their father because she had been obsessed with him and stalked him even though they lived in different states. Anyway, ten years went by and finally she was tried for their murders. She was found guilty and sentenced to 100 years in prison.

The investigator worked on the case so hard but hit a roadblock earlier on because someone above him said the evidence wasn't strong enough. Years later it was picked up again and miraculously got to trial. So there are detectives and law enforcers who take cases very seriously and don't just forget them forever even when it seems like that to us. But ten years that woman walked free after she took two lives in cold blood of which one was the father of her children.

I think it only appears to us that LE had tunnel vision because MSM mainly talked about NH. I don't think LE necessarily had tunnel vision. I'm would be fairly confident that they took a good look at the husband, even going so far as to spend a week in Florida if I recall correctly. I do agree though, if he is in any way connected, I think LE would be able to determine his whereabouts with enough certainty to say if he was in Florida or North Carolina.

Not really!
Hubby could have had his phone turned off that evening or left it home.
If thats the case this is premeditated IF its him.
He could have borrowed Dads car and not used his own.
We do not know his father was home at the time we have really not seen nor heard from his dad or his mom.

I dont think they will find Kelli in the Fayettevill area I think she was driven far away!

I dont think a stranger did this i do believe its someone she knows.

JMO

This is why the idea of tracing the social media outlets of the missing women is so important. Warner's idea is that roaming predators (truckers) may have found a way to locate their type via social media sites in the area they're at and/or headed. It's random but not totally because the perp already has someone picked out if all goes well according to his plan.

Someone told me it's the GPS one has to turn off on their phone before taking and posting pictures or tweeting them. The GPS will show the location and someone potentially could find the person at that location.

If this trucker is someone who has gathered victims he may have left evidence on his computer that the authorities are exploring. They are known to keep momentos, pieces of jewelry and driver's license. Maybe the creep has notes or directions in his computer or some clue that the Fayetteville police have been advised of? These are things I've seen time and time again on the real case shows that review crimes. The media connection, if used, is a newer possibility and it seems possible to me.

Is it claimed this guy was in his truck when in Fayetteville? If so, aren't most of those trucks equipped with GPS now days? If so, how detailed of a location do their GPS's give? Just some thoughts/questions.

Not really!
Hubby could have had his phone turned off that evening or left it home.
If thats the case this is premeditated IF its him.
He could have borrowed Dads car and not used his own.
We do not know his father was home at the time we have really not seen nor heard from his dad or his mom.

I dont think they will find Kelli in the Fayettevill area I think she was driven far away!

I dont think a stranger did this i do believe its someone she knows.

JMO

All I was saying is that LE would be able to look at so many different things, they would get a good sense of whether he was in Florida or North Carolina. Between witnesses, his phone, phone calls made, vehicles, credit cards, videos if he went somewhere with cameras, any number of things. I'm not saying he was in one or the other, but I think they can pretty quickly determine if it was even possible for him to be in North Carolina.

Andalso, I am so glad you brought up that Facebook comment! I totally meant to make a post about that- I even wrote up something for it on Word but I guess I forgot to post it!

I cannot agree with you more! There was definitely something going on that triggered that person to comment on seeing him smile again. This implies he had been upset for some length of time, and I cannot help but tie that to his relationship with Kelli.

I really cannot say this enough- I am no expert! That being said, I have seen a few trends that come up quite frequently, one of which being the importance of patterns of behavior. If Mike was rather consistent with keeping in contact with Kelli, what happened the weekend she disappeared? It could be a total coincidence, but I do not believe that he went from consistent contact to total silence for over 2 days without a major trigger. It's just not typical behavior for anyone, let alone a husband/wife.

I wish we knew more about his alibi in Florida! Maybe they haven't released much info pertaining to it because they are still investigating it for weak points? I think I heard he was supposed to have been at his dads, who just happened to have been out of town. If Mike was in town visiting his father, why was his father out of town? And why was he "visiting" for such an extended length of time? This comes back to the typical human behavior concern. You do not typically see a husband leave his wife for over 2 weeks to visit his family. And if you do, there is a good reason why- illness or marital problems.

This doesn't necessarily signify foul play, but I would spend some serious time picking apart every detail of Mike's story. I'd bet the the strength of his alibi is inversely related to his level of involvement in Kelli's disappearance.

Between witnesses, his phone, phone calls made, vehicles, credit cards, videos if he went somewhere with cameras, any number of things. I'm not saying he was in one or the other, but I think they can pretty quickly determine if it was even possible for him to be in North Carolina.

-Witnesses; Unreliable, easy to avoid if you try hard enough.
-His phone/phone calls; Left it in FL for alibi purposes. Any calls or texts received would have pinged in FL. Also, if he had a smartphone a near constant stream of data could mimic active use in FL.
-Credit cards; Use cash to avoid tracking, or even let someone borrow his card so it would be active in FL. Or just avoid purchases outside of FL.

I think the best bet would be random security cameras or traffic cameras. In CA you can go online and see real time video feeds of the various freeways. There are A TON of these and most jurisdictions not only allow law enforcement to have access, but they receive funding on the state and federal level in return for their cooperation.

Other possible video sources- ATM cameras, toll booths, weather monitoring stations,red light cameras...etc

I sure wish the family or LE would let us know if she was wearing her wedding ring the night she went missing. I just feel that would be telling of the true status of Kelli and Mike's relationship. I just can't figure out why, if she was wearing it, it is not mentioned as something to be on the lookout for.
Just a re-occuring thought I have had throughout this case.

That data is being gathered. Also, this trucker hauled snowbird cars; people who move to Florida from up north during the Winter. He had keys to their cars, so he could have back one off and drove that car around town. He also moved military people cars throughout the USA.

Is it claimed this guy was in his truck when in Fayetteville? If so, aren't most of those trucks equipped with GPS now days? If so, how detailed of a location do their GPS's give? Just some thoughts/questions.

Sundrop...I have been hesitant to ask...but are you and insider in this case?
Please don't feel you have to answer, but I have been getting that sense. Either way, I have greatly appreciated all your posts/input. Many Thanks!

-Witnesses; Unreliable, easy to avoid if you try hard enough.
-His phone/phone calls; Left it in FL for alibi purposes. Any calls or texts received would have pinged in FL. Also, if he had a smartphone a near constant stream of data could mimic active use in FL.
-Credit cards; Use cash to avoid tracking, or even let someone borrow his card so it would be active in FL. Or just avoid purchases outside of FL.

I think the best bet would be random security cameras or traffic cameras. In CA you can go online and see real time video feeds of the various freeways. There are A TON of these and most jurisdictions not only allow law enforcement to have access, but they receive funding on the state and federal level in return for their cooperation.

Other possible video sources- ATM cameras, toll booths, weather monitoring stations,red light cameras...etc

How do you know if they're reliable or not? I have no idea. All I was saying was LE surely would have looked into who saw him and when while in Florida. Regarding the phone, I was saying if he made a call to John Doe and his phone pinged in Florida and then they question John Doe and he confirms the story, then he was likely in Florida. All of those things COULD have pointed the investigation away from him. Now, if none of those things exist to confirm his presence in Florida then there is reason to keep digging as far as he goes, along with the others.

I sure wish the family or LE would let us know if she was wearing her wedding ring the night she went missing. I just feel that would be telling of the true status of Kelli and Mike's relationship. I just can't figure out why, if she was wearing it, it is not mentioned as something to be on the lookout for.
Just a re-occuring thought I have had throughout this case.

So true. I would assume if she wore it, LE checked with pawn shops but just didn't release it to the public.

That data is being gathered. Also, this trucker hauled snowbird cars; people who move to Florida from up north during the Winter. He had keys to their cars, so he could have back one off and drove that car around town. He also moved military people cars throughout the USA.

Is there anything in his past to indicate he's violent? As in, assaults, rapes etc... I know about looking at child *advertiser censored* on the internet or whatever, but I mean physical confrontations with people. TIA

So true. I would assume if she wore it, LE checked with pawn shops but just didn't release it to the public.

That could be...but I just keep thinking that if she was wearing the ring it would/should be on the missing poster as something to look for...and I can't figure out...why wouldn't it be realeased to the public by LE?

That could be...but I just keep thinking that if she was wearing the ring it would/should be on the missing poster as something to look for...and I can't figure out...why wouldn't it be realeased to the public by LE?

I don't disagree with you but the flip side is if the perp doesn't know that everyone and their brother is looking for the ring maybe the perp will be a little bit more careless with it. Maybe take it to a pawn store whereas if they release that info, no way in the world is the perp going to pawn it now.

Based on the last photo taking of Kelli right before she went out that night she did not have her wedding ring on.

Based on the last photo taking of Kelli right before she went out that night she did not have her wedding ring on.

It was determined, in earlier threads, that you can not see her left hand in that photo. Although it appears to be her left hand in the photo...the pic is in a mirror and therefore it is actually her right hand you see holding the phone/camera.

I just took a picture of myself in the mirror and confirmed this to be true...it is her right hand holding the phone.

Image can be seen here...sorry don't know how to attach it. http://www.findkelli.com/

I've never seen jewelry mentioned on any missing person poster. Clothing last noted the person wearing, yes. Tattoos, yes. If someone finds a body they're hopefully going to report it to 911. They're not going to first determine if the corpse is wearing a specific jewelry item and then decide if they're going to call police. Plus, jewelry can fall off as a body decomposes. And of course it can be stolen by the perp or anyone. I see this whole jewelry thing as a non-issue.

I've never seen jewelry mentioned on any missing person poster. Clothing last noted the person wearing, yes. Tattoos, yes. If someone finds a body they're hopefully going to report it to 911. They're not going to first determine if the corpse is wearing a specific jewelry item and then decide if they're going to call police. Plus, jewelry can fall off as a body decomposes. And of course it can be stolen by the perp or anyone. I see this whole jewelry thing as a non-issue.

IMO, I respectfully and totally disagree. I know in the Michelle Parker case they definitely let the public know what necklace she was wearing and included photos of the exact necklace! Also, I am pretty sure that jewelry (particularly a belly piercing) was part of the descriptive in the body parts washing ashore during the Jaren Lockhart case. And, Mickey Shunick's nose ring likely would have been an identifier in her case too. I would think the public should be made aware of any last known jewelry in every missing persons case in case it turns up somewhere and the path of it's new existence can be traced. That would be a lead, IMO.
I never said that if someone finds a body they should try to identify the jewelry they were wearing prior to calling 911. Really? No, obviously not. But, I will say, that specific jewelry can help LE identify a body/person prior to DNA tests being completed and that could mean a family would not have to wait as long to identify a loved one. Your statement/argument about jewelry possibly falling off when a body decomposes only solidifies my thought that jewelry could be a great identifier when other means of ID will take time.

IMO, a missing persons jewelry IS an issue. And, IMO, a big one at that.

Also, on this website http://www.hope4themissing.org/cfh/page.php?5 on of the list of to do items please note:

What clothing and jewelry was the missing person wearing when they went missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Where is Jennifer*