GUILTY NC - PFC Kelli Bordeaux, 23, Fayetteville, 14 April 2012 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well you have to figure the message was "getting" a ride home and not "got" a ride home otherwise there is no reason to send the got home message.So you have a certain amount of time between when the message was sent and when they left,then the ride and then the walk from where she was dropped off to her apt.Just amazing the timing of these messages seam to fit with NH story of that night.

Yes and please notice that so far, well into thread 5, the first text sent that we're aware of is when she tells Justin that she is getting a ride home with a man. Those are the words Kelli's brother used to describe the contents of the text but the exact words used in the text have not been directly quoted by any source.

Matt says the text was sent an hour prior to the 'got home safely' text so it seems to me Kelli (or whoever) was answering a question, 'how are you getting home?'.

I'm not in thinking things through mode yet - just searching for all info related text messages in the order that they were revealed. That said, it seems awkward that Kelli did not say to Justin something like, 'Nick, the guy we met last week (or whenever), is giving me a ride home'. Unless she was playing games with Justin or didn't want him to know it was specifically Nick who agreed to drive her home.

LE knows if there was ongoing dialogue going on and the timing of the texts, etc. When did Justin return to Florida?

I will have to ask my friend about the time period that LE released. I was informed that fayobserver.com is the best/most reliable source to use because the department hands info to them directly.

I'll be posting the info when I get to it - working on it now and I'll link all sources here on thread 10 that were posted previously on WS.

Here's a good synopsis that curiousjo posted on April 24.

The only info left out is John B's claim that when he continued to call Kelli's number, on a later date ~ (unclear of the exact date but if we can confirm the day he was interviewed by Fox News it was the day before that because he says 'yesterday, when I . . .) ~ it rang and then went to voicemail (versus going straight to vm as it had on previous days).

Also curiousjo puts the 'getting a ride home with a man' message in quotes and that text has never been directly quoted so we don't know the exact words that were used in the text.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - NC NC - Fort Bragg soldier PFC Kelli Bordeaux, 23, Fayetteville, 14 April 2012 - #5 /thread 5/#680

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7834520&postcount=238/thread 6,#238

The fact that Mike claims that he and Kelli had been texting back and forth all Friday afternoon totally slipped by me earlier.
Must mean that their last text was exchanged at 3PM then. :waitasec: Wonder what they talked about all afternoon.

Maybe I'll run across the transcript from the JVM show. If I do, I'll post it here.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1204/25/ijvm.01.html (scroll down past first interview to find JVM's phone call wil MB)

"The last time I even talked to her was Friday afternoon and you know, we were just talking and texting and everything was fine, and I just let her go for the rest of the day because, you know. She has friends and she does things and I was in Florida visiting my parents so I didn't think anything of it. . . .

. . . I mean, the only friends that I know are mine and her friends. I don't know of any other friends that she might have made in the past couple of weeks, you know?"

Wish there was an I'm not worthy smiley right now. Wow, WBG just wow.

Wish there was an I'm not worthy smiley right now. Wow, WBG just wow.

You are worthy, we are all worthy!
I should have been a researcher - I like it!

Taking a break now to watch the closing ceremony and review of the Olympics.

There's some WTFudgery going on here imo! Back to lurking while all you well respected Big Brains on all sides get it sorted!

Who first mentioned a man who claimed to be KB Dad, described with a glass eye and a companion, who was questioning the patrons of FB?

Sorry I was going off memory on the times. 12:46am - 1:24am came from a direct statement LE made to the FayObserver. LE didn't specify what texts were sent within that window.

As for NH's estimate of leaving the bar after 1am...that's his estimate. Unless he was looking at a clock as he left, which I doubt, he's just as inaccurate as anyone else at the bar trying to guess times. That's why cell company logs are crucial.

Was NH back at the bar in the 10 mins he said? If not, what was he doing? Did NH see anyone approach or any vehicle follow KB? He said she was spooked. Did he watch to see if she was okay? If not, why not?

Excellent post, Mad74.

Will we ever get answers to questions such as yours? It seems more doubtful by the day, IMO.

Hi Borndem,

We'll get answers to the questions when/if this case is ever solved and the info comes out as part of the litigation process. Or maybe someone in KB's family or a close friend will spill the beans at some point, if they have these details. Other than that, it's a waiting game, just like it is in most cases.

Did this Justin ever text her back?
I wonder that too, and as mentioned before, wonder why she didn't say was actually riding home with so-and-so..
Also, it seems odd to me that she would be texting her hubby all afternoon, but not at night when she got home..
wouldn't she be telling him she's home safely for the night?
Strange stuff...

Did this Justin ever text her back?

No mention of Justin other than by Matt H., Kelli's brother.

The family told us Justin is the person who visited Kelli in Fayetteville although the dates of his visit remain vague. He visited a week or two prior to her disappearance. If we could, I'd like to focus more on him but, I guess, we can't.

NH never said his name. Myself, if I've met somebody only one time, I may not have caught their name or remember it from meeting them casually one time.

You'd think LE would be able to match Justin's texts to hers as I doubt she'd text him those messages out of the blue if they hadn't been conversing, right?

This article refers to the text 'Call me ASAP' - see below! First I've read this article ... many thanks for posting it.

Another common assumption made in this case is that Kelli didn’t make it back to her apartment; that the text message “I got home safely call me tomorrow” was sent by her abductor. The simple fact is, no one knows if she made it home or not. If one believes that Kelli sent the text message (call me ASAP) just prior to the message about arriving home safely, then the two messages seem to logically follow. Kelli was texting a male friend in Florida. No one actually knows at what time Kelli was harmed. It may have been immediately after leaving the bar, or hundreds of miles South on I-95 or North towards Raleigh, NC.

I wonder that too, and as mentioned before, wonder why she didn't say was actually riding home with so-and-so..
Also, it seems odd to me that she would be texting her hubby all afternoon, but not at night when she got home..
wouldn't she be telling him she's home safely for the night?
Strange stuff...

"The last time I even talked to her was Friday afternoon and you know, we were just talking and texting and everything was fine, . . ."

Nowhere does Mike say 'all afternoon'. He could have talked and texted her both within a ten or two minute timeframe, you know? lol!

Really though, we try to fill content into the story that may be inaccurate.
We all have a tendency to do this but we should stop to think if that's what is really being said. :twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman