GUILTY NC - PFC Kelli Bordeaux, 23, Fayetteville, 14 April 2012 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
'What about the heart that you promised Tin Man?' Quotes from The Wizard of Oz.

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/video?id=8627338

eyewitness news ~ police were called back to the bar last night because of an awful stench back there but they didn't find anything . . . but they did find some muddy sneakers in what could have been the lean-to that NH was describing.

Discussed in thread 4 on April 23, post #708.

I wonder what became of the muddy sneakers.

Herein may be the confusion - combine the info given in the video above, with the post below by VOH910 who states there is a structure behind FB's but it's the Tiki Bar.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - NC NC - Fort Bragg soldier PFC Kelli Bordeaux, 23, Fayetteville, 14 April 2012 - #4 /thread 4, #711.

Not sure that what I think I saw looks like a Tiki Bar but with several locations and lean-tos, tents, buildings near ponds, porches, etc. being discussed during the first week that Kelli was reported missing and that fact that Baez refers to the structure behind the bar, where the muddy sneakers were found, as the place that NH might have been staying . . .

:waitasec:

Thread 5

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-fort-bragg-missing-soldier,0,7971763.story
article dated April 26, 2012

Police Chief Bergamine refused to comment about text message.

The Army Official (unnamed :banghead:) comments about Kelli's car and apartment saying they have been searched. Also mentions the two text messages, one that said 'got home safely'.

This article is in our threads on April 23 (yet it's dated the 26th :waitasec:) so I guess info was available on the 23rd.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - NC NC - Fort Bragg soldier PFC Kelli Bordeaux, 23, Fayetteville, 14 April 2012 - #5 /thread 5, #4

http://fayobserver.com/articles/2012/04/23/1173168?sac=fo.local
article dated April 24

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - NC NC - Fort Bragg soldier PFC Kelli Bordeaux, 23, Fayetteville, 14 April 2012 - #5 /thread 5, #184 dated April 23

The article on the Web must be updated and then they change the date.

Matt Hanson, Kelli's brother speaks out about the text messages.
This is the first time the content of a second text message is mentioned.

Matt says Kelli's friend from Florida visited her in NC, a week or two before she disappeared
(why are the dates so vague - should be easy to pinpoint when Justin was in NC and when he left).

The first text message said 'got home safely' was received by Justin 'the morning she disappeared'. (no time given)

The other text, also received by Justin, said that she was getting a ride home with a man.
That text was sent about AN HOUR BEFORE the 'got home safely' text was sent.

Notice that the first text message would really be that she's getting a ride home with a man. Then the second text is, 'got home safely'.

That's a good point!

Someone had KB's phone and was in the area. Now if it were someone from outside the local geo area they'd want to get the heck out of dodge as quickly as possible and not be seen anywhere near Fayetteville.

Any idea what time the pings occurred? The text messages were sent at specific times and those pings were in the area...what about other pings off the phone? Also in the area, right?
As I said earlier all I have to go on is the info LE has released about that night.12:46 is the last text message that LE believes she sent having to do with how she felt about what was going on and who she was with and 1:24 is the first text sent from her phone that LE does not believe she sent most likely about getting a ride home and the got home safe an hour later (as per her brother).I would think all the pings were in the same area since we have not heard anything about LE searching anywhere else (other than around her apartment and a pond linked to NH)

If it's true there's about an hour between KB's texts, whoever sent that "got home safely" text miscalculated because KB should have made it home within 15 min. An hour later? Hinky.

If it's true there's about an hour between KB's texts, whoever sent that "got home safely" text miscalculated because KB should have made it home within 15 min. An hour later? Hinky.
Well you have to figure the message was "getting" a ride home and not "got" a ride home otherwise there is no reason to send the got home message.So you have a certain amount of time between when the message was sent and when they left,then the ride and then the walk from where she was dropped off to her apt.Just amazing the timing of these messages seam to fit with NH story of that night.

When she sent the "getting a ride" txt I wonder if she was still in the bar hanging out or if she was almost out the door. The timeline is critical because LE gives a 38 min range of whatever happened to KB within that time.

KB's apartment was 1.7 mi from FB's. Even accounting for some small talk along the way, a few extra minutes chatting, she should have been let out of the car about 10 min from the time she left the bar. Supposing another 2 to 3 mins to get to her apartment building and another 2 min to get inside, one would think she'd be texting her "got home" message no later than 16 to 20 min after leaving FB's, and I think that time is pretty generous. However, there's another almost 20 min in the LE timeframe of 38 total elapsed minutes to be accounted for, based on whatever ping/cell phone activity they are tracking.

What was happening during that 20 minutes? And how does the 38 min timespan mesh with the "approximate one hour" time span between KB's "getting ride home" and "got home safely" text as mentioned by her brother?

We know NH was with KB during at least the first 8 to 10 min after leaving FB's. NH claims he was back in 10 min but I think that time's a bit aggressive. What's the speed limit of that road? How many lights? I would more likely believe a roundtrip of 15 min. Where was NH's phone pinging during that night and through the weekend?

When she sent the "getting a ride" txt I wonder if she was still in the bar hanging out or if she was almost out the door. The timeline is critical because LE gives a 38 min range of whatever happened to KB within that time.

KB's apartment was 1.7 mi from FB's. Even accounting for some small talk along the way, a few extra minutes chatting, she should have been let out of the car about 10 min from the time she left the bar. Supposing another 2 to 3 mins to get to her apartment building and another 2 min to get inside, one would think she'd be texting her "got home" message no later than 16 to 20 min after leaving FB's, and I think that time is pretty generous. However, there's another almost 20 min in the LE timeframe of 38 total elapsed minutes to be accounted for, based on whatever ping/cell phone activity they are tracking.

What was happening during that 20 minutes? And how does the 38 min timespan mesh with the "approximate one hour" time span between KB's "getting ride home" and "got home safely" text as mentioned by her brother?

We know NH was with KB during at least the first 8 to 10 min after leaving FB's. NH claims he was back in 10 min but I think that time's a bit aggressive. What's the speed limit of that road? How many lights? I would more likely believe a roundtrip of 15 min. Where was NH's phone pinging during that night and through the weekend?
They are two different time frames.The 38 min. is between the "who she was with" and the "getting a ride home messages and the one hr. time frame is between the "getting a ride home" and "got home safe" messages.
You know this case boils down to what time they left the bar.If they left after 1 as NH says then LE is totally wrong in their thinking.If they left before 12:46 then NH is lying about the time and he is saying they left after 1 because he knows he sent the text at 1:24 about getting a ride home.
As far as the 10 min. the only info of that I know of comes from poindexter who apparently was not their and had every reason to want LE to look somewhere other than at his bar because once they did we see where he ended up.

A poster, phantomthought, made an interesting point on April 24. What time did John B. (Kelli's friend and prior boss from Sonic in Florida) send her the text on Friday that she never answered? He stated that she'd usually reply to a text within an hour or so. Did he send her a text at 10PM or so because if it was anytime in the afternoon, why wouldn't she have answered it? She answered a text he had sent her that morning. :waitasec: This is an interesting piece of info that LE may have used to help frame a timeline for when Kelli stopped being free to function.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - NC NC - Fort Bragg soldier PFC Kelli Bordeaux, 23, Fayetteville, 14 April 2012 - #5 /thread 5,#538

They are two different time frames.The 38 min. is between the "who she was with" and the "getting a ride home messages and the one hr. time frame is between the "getting a ride home" and "got home safe" messages.

I don't think that's correct. There aren't 2 time frames, there's only one. The 38 min span fits inside the larger nearly 1 hr time span.

LE gave specific times for their 38 min timeframe. It goes from 12:57am to 1:35am. That coincides with the time estimates that NH and KB left the bar and NH drove KB to wherever he took her. The "getting a ride home" text was likely sent before 12:57am.

No one person can seem to pinpoint, based on visual sight, exactly what time NH & KB left the bar. There are only estimates. Therefore the text messages provide a more precise picture than witness estimates. Ping data would also be helpful to corroborate.

If LE has gotten the critical time frame down to 38 min there's a good reason for it and it's based on some precise information they have.

The 2 biggest timeline unknowns:

1. What exact time did NH & KB walk out of the bar?
2. What exact time did NH come back to the bar?

Was it really only 10 mins or is that the impression of some bar patrons who were imbibing alcohol that night? Could that trip have been closer to 20 min? 30 min? And if it was longer than 10 to 15 min, what was NH doing that took the additional time?

five more pages to go on thread five - man, we all talk a lot!

Hey, I didn't even see phantomthought here before, did you see what I posted?

On that note, :eek:fftobed:

five more pages to go on thread five - man, we all talk a lot!

Hey, I didn't even see phantomthought here before, did you see what I posted?

On that note, :eek:fftobed:
Yeah I had to go back to see what the heck I was talking about.Really you would think he would have been texting her at a reasonable hr.

I don't think that's correct. There aren't 2 time frames, there's only one. The 38 min span fits inside the larger nearly 1 hr time span.

LE gave specific times for their 38 min timeframe. It goes from 12:57am to 1:35am. That coincides with the time estimates that NH and KB left the bar and NH drove KB to wherever he took her. The "getting a ride home" text was likely sent before 12:57am.

No one person can seem to pinpoint, based on visual sight, exactly what time NH & KB left the bar. There are only estimates. Therefore the text messages provide a more precise picture than witness estimates. Ping data would also be helpful to corroborate.

If LE has gotten the critical time frame down to 38 min there's a good reason for it and it's based on some precise information they have.

The 2 biggest timeline unknowns:

1. What exact time did NH & KB walk out of the bar?
2. What exact time did NH come back to the bar?

Was it really only 10 mins or is that the impression of some bar patrons who were imbibing alcohol that night? Could that trip have been closer to 20 min? 30 min? And if it was longer than 10 to 15 min, what was NH doing that took the additional time?
12:57-1:35?:banghead:(sorry always wanted to get a chance to use him)
"And whatever happened to her happened between 12:46 a.m. and 1:24 a.m.," That is LE time frame and that does not coincide with NH timeframe of leaving after one.If he left after 1 then LE knows nothing happened to her between 12:46 and after 1 when he left.
LE believes she was alive at 12:46 and she was not at 1:24.If the text getting a ride home was sent at 12:46 and they do not believe she sent it (her brother does not) then they know something happened before 12:46
which makes no sense.That is why I think the getting a ride text was sent at 1:24and the got home safe an hr. later.It would be helpful if you would explain where you think LE got 12:46 and 1:24 from.

I will have to ask my friend about the time period that LE released. I was informed that fayobserver.com is the best/most reliable source to use because the department hands info to them directly.

Sorry I was going off memory on the times. 12:46am - 1:24am came from a direct statement LE made to the FayObserver. LE didn't specify what texts were sent within that window.

As for NH's estimate of leaving the bar after 1am...that's his estimate. Unless he was looking at a clock as he left, which I doubt, he's just as inaccurate as anyone else at the bar trying to guess times. That's why cell company logs are crucial.

Was NH back at the bar in the 10 mins he said? If not, what was he doing? Did NH see anyone approach or any vehicle follow KB? He said she was spooked. Did he watch to see if she was okay? If not, why not?

http://fayobserver.com/articles/2012/04/23/1173168?sac=fo.local
article dated April 24

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - NC NC - Fort Bragg soldier PFC Kelli Bordeaux, 23, Fayetteville, 14 April 2012 - #5 /thread 5, #184 dated April 23

The article on the Web must be updated and then they change the date.

Matt Hanson, Kelli's brother speaks out about the text messages.
This is the first time the content of a second text message is mentioned.

Matt says Kelli's friend from Florida visited her in NC, a week or two before she disappeared
(why are the dates so vague - should be easy to pinpoint when Justin was in NC and when he left).

The first text message said 'got home safely' was received by Justin 'the morning she disappeared'. (no time given)

The other text, also received by Justin, said that she was getting a ride home with a man.
That text was sent about AN HOUR BEFORE the 'got home safely' text was sent.

Notice that the first text message would really be that she's getting a ride home with a man. Then the second text is, 'got home safely'.

So we have the answer as to whom the texts were being sent to - Justin!
I would think it makes more sense for her to send him these messages if he was still in the area, in a position to be of help... I wonder if she and Justin discussed something prior, before she went out, as her messages sound like she had some concern about something....
Also, if she's being cautious enough to say she's going to get a ride home, wouldn't she then say something to the effect that I got a ride with so-and-so?

So we have the answer as to whom the texts were being sent to - Justin!

:floorlaugh: The answer was posted previously at least 3 times, if not more, along with links to the articles. I myself posted it last week, but others have posted the info before.

The Department of Redundancy Department will be in touch shortly. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rsteen