GUILTY NC - PFC Kelli Bordeaux, 23, Fayetteville, 14 April 2012 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, I don't think NH is or should be their SOLE focus. I do believe, based on their statements, he is their primary focus. Personally, in situations like this, I wish they would release enough information regarding others who they all but officially have ruled out. It would save that person a lot of damaging and harmful speculation, much less if someone saw fit to take matters into their own hands. For instance, if you confirmed with friends that hubby was in Florida, release it. If it later turns out the friends lied to provide an alibi, there's no mud on LE's face, they simply can state they unearthed new evidence indicating their alibi's were false.

Really! LE went to Florida to further the investigation after what seemed to be intense focus on NH being the perp. When LE returned to NC,
all they gave the public was that the investigation in Florida was eventful or something like that. What does that mean?

Also we learned later that LE did a comprehensive victim profile on Kelli which revealed alot to them about her (and the crime?).
What does that mean?

If it were me, I'd spill the details of where I had been on Friday and Friday night. At times I've been alone for a whole day and night but surely there'd be computer and/or phone communications to some degree that LE could check into to verify my aloneness. Just to say you were in such and such a town is not enough imo. Plus, I'm still curious about Kelli's old/new friend as well (not the married one from St. Cloud) who we've heard little about.

What's the thinking behind when LE won't state the usual key poi's alibis publically? Why won't they even say 'his alibi checks out'. Even when it does check out but is one of those not so solid ones, they sometimes revert back and take another look every now and then. Sometimes it takes years for someone who knows the truth to come forward and tell LE what they know. I like the thought of that too - that a guilty person will live always having to watch their back because they know the truth about what they did - just don't like that they get to live free even with the monkey on their back.

This is the link posted by Xavier where Olivia says she received the "got home safely" text.Also noticed while rereading the article she also says she received a text about leaving the bar.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/11/1...t-bragg-soldier-kelli-bordeaux/#ixzz2DNVzKLIC

Thanks. I see that article is recent too. How do we/you reconcile what Kelli's brother initially said about who the recipient of the texts were?
Why did he imply the person was one of Kelli's friends? :waitasec:

Why did Olivia say she had not heard from her sister over the weekend?

I'm confused as to why Olivia wouldn't have said all along that she had been the recipient of Kelli's late night/early morning texts.

Thanks. I see that article is recent too. How do we/you reconcile what Kelli's brother initially said about who the recipient of the texts were?

I'm confused as to why Olivia wouldn't have said all along that she had been the recipient of Kelli's late night/early morning texts.

yeah, it's confusing...but I'm going on face value that Olivia did receive the last text from Kb's cell phone.

The person who received the texts was Justin; the guy who Kelli was dating. He was in Florida at that time.

yeah, it's confusing...but I'm going on face value that Olivia did receive the last text from Kb's cell phone.

It is possible they did this as to not have to field specific question from the press about the texts.What time they were sent,why they were sent.It seams in general they were reluctant to talk about events leading up to her disappearance.I imagine there could be several reasons for that.

The person who received the texts was Justin; the guy who Kelli was dating. He was in Florida at that time.

Wasn't there another Justin, as well, that was her friend? I seem to recall there was one who had worked at Sonic with her, not her b/f, but he had received some texts, and then not heard from her and was very worried?

Wasn't there another Justin, as well, that was her friend? I seem to recall there was one who had worked at Sonic with her, not her b/f, but he had received some texts, and then not heard from her and was very worried?

Olivia's husband's name is Justin also.

Thinking of Kelli and her family as Christmas arrives. Let the new year bring answers for her and all of the missing.

To all of you Websleuthers, Merry Christmas and a safe and Happy New Year. We may not always agree, but we all want the same thing. Kelli found and the responsible person held accountable, whoever that may be. Meanwhile, count our blessings, hug and kiss the kids, grandkids, friends kid's, spouses and significant others and anyone else you want to kiss and be thankful for what we have that others have lost.

Merry Christmas and God bless! ERRN

Thinking of Kelli and her family as Christmas arrives. Let the new year bring answers for her and all of the missing.

To all of you Websleuthers, Merry Christmas and a safe and Happy New Year. We may not always agree, but we all want the same thing. Kelli found and the responsible person held accountable, whoever that may be. Meanwhile, count our blessings, hug and kiss the kids, grandkids, friends kid's, spouses and significant others and anyone else you want to kiss and be thankful for what we have that others have lost.

Merry Christmas and God bless! ERRN

:goodpost: Nicely said, and my sentiments too!

www.cnn.com

C'mon these are the facts, the sisters texted, spoke during the night , and Olivia received the last text, but I don't know if or how many others got the text too.

The sisters last communicated on Friday.

"I texted her. And we laughed and joked and everything was happy," said Cox.

Cox told FoxNews.com that her sister sent her a text message early on April 14, saying she was leaving the bar. Cox got another message 40 minutes later from Bordeaux's phone that read "got home safely."

I take it no media saw fit to use the holidays or her birthday as an opportunity to do some investigative reporting?

Seems like we all have been going over the case in our heads. One of the things that bothers me is that both LE and her family are so sure she never made it home. Why? It's been said that her apartment was exactly like she left it and no signs of a struggle (paraphrasing), but how do they know how she left it if no one was there? I don't always leave my house the same way every time I leave and sometimes it probably looks like a struggle took place. I've also left and come home and left again without making any "changes" in how I left it the first time. I can understand them saying she MADE it home if for instance the clothes she was wearing were in the hamper or on the bedroom floor, or her shoes were kicked off inside the door, but the lack of these things doesn't mean she didn't make it home.

Isn't it possible she got home and something happened before she had a chance to undress or do anything else? Maybe a knock on the door right after she got in. I can see her opening it, especially for someone she knew, and stepping out of the apartment. I can see her sitting on the couch texting "got home safely" before the knock or something happened. I can see someone straightening up if there was a minor struggle, since it was 3 days before she was reported missing. Or, what if she was subdued or incapacitated in some manor, thus no struggle. (knife, gun stun gun). Yes, she was a trained soldier, but she was also a tiny girl who could have been taken by surprise or trusted the person wouldn't hurt her. What am I missing that would make them so sure she never made it home?

What am I missing that would make them so sure she never made it home?

There are many factors that can help LE determine if someone was taken from their home versus not. No, it's not 100%, but they have all the information and we do not, and are in a better position to know.

- cell phone pings of KB and her known associates
- the timing of her txt messages versus how long it takes to go less than 2 miles in a car.
- state of the home
- you'd have an attacker taking KB *and* her phone from her apt
- eye or ear witnesses to a scuffle
- physical or forensic evidence
- statements made by NH
- interviews with family members on KB's habits

Just to name a few things that LE looks at.

There are many factors that can help LE determine if someone was taken from their home versus not. No, it's not 100%, but they have all the information and we do not, and are in a better position to know.

- cell phone pings of KB and her known associates
- the timing of her txt messages versus how long it takes to go less than 2 miles in a car.
- state of the home
- you'd have an attacker taking KB *and* her phone from her apt
- eye or ear witnesses to a scuffle
- physical or forensic evidence
- statements made by NH
- interviews with family members on KB's habits

Just to name a few things that LE looks at.

OK, I can agree with you on these points but it still doesn't show me she didn't make it home, and I know I don't know all that LE knows but:

- weren't Kelli's apartment and the area around Froggy Bottoms all pinging off the same tower they were so close? Memory could fail me, but I thought they were the same towers
- timing has been being disputed off an on here stating did the texts go when sent or was there a delay due to reception in the area? Again, I don't know the exact times, only LE does, IF they do
-state of the home makes no sense to me that she DIDN't make it home for my above mentioned reasons
- "attacker" taking Kelli and her cellphone, IF it was an attacker, why couldn't she have stepped out of the apartment with her cell phone in her pocket if it was a known person who MAY have come to the door, friend, neighbor, co-worker, even NH. We can't assume it was an immediate attacker which leads to
-witnesses to a scuffle, if there was one. She could have left willingly, or depending on the neighbors, maybe they didn't hear anything, asleep, not home, partying themselves, loud music etc.
-lack of evidence. Again assuming there was a crime committed in the apartment. In the real world and not CSI, there usually isn't an abundance of evidence. Because of the shows like CSI, people think there should be DNA, fibers, hair etc. but in the real world, that doesn't usually happen. (Going by what DH says who has been in LE over 35 years and hates shows like CSI because it is not like real life.)
- NH says he dropped her off, if he can be believed, and that is a big IF, he doesn't say what happened after he "dropped her off". She could have made it to her apartment.
- Family statements on her habits. No one truly knows another person or what they do. Yes, they can say things like "she always does this" or "never does that" but she was living away from family and even living alone without her husband for at least a couple weeks. People change and habits change especially when living alone. I just can't think of anything that says she never made it home going from her apartment only, and I'm not sure about the pings if FB and her apartment are in the same area of triangulation.

Your points are all valid, but not convincing to me. And I'm not arguing, just trying to sort it all out lol!

Your points are all valid, but not convincing to me. And I'm not arguing, just trying to sort it all out lol!

Without all the information LE has this scenario will never be all sorted out, and LE is not going to disclose the details of their investigation. So the choices are: believe what LE and KB's family says, or don't. But working with partial facts, probably a very small percentage at that, which is all a bystander not part of the investigation can do, is not going to yield a better picture.

Just want to clarify that I don't think Kelli was attacked/killed in her apartment. I don't think she ever made it home either. I was just looking at why they were so sure she never made it home. It is the one thing they seemed positive about, but what PROOF could they have or is it speculation on their part based on what they think happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3