GUILTY NC - PFC Kelli Bordeaux, 23, Fayetteville, 14 April 2012 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Fayetteville's interim Police Chief Katherine Bryant accidentally shoots self in hand

'Guess, that's better than shooting yourself in the foot, huh'?
:)

Doesn't exactly instill confidence does it?

Its infuriating limited info, conflicting info, husband that "loves" his wife but didn't admit they were estranged - even when she was only "missing" at the beginning he still pretended everytng was roses. Did he know she was getting back together with the old flame? Was he in Fl or NC? Didn't ring her all weekend? Or text even?! Did LE get to apartment before husband?

Am I correct I'm thinking her keys were in her apt with wallet but no phone? Or was ph in apt too? did she just take out a small a out of cash, her ph and her apt key? (that's what I would do if not wanting to take my whole bag out)

Its infuriating limited info, conflicting info, husband that "loves" his wife but didn't admit they were estranged - even when she was only "missing" at the beginning he still pretended everytng was roses. Did he know she was getting back together with the old flame? Was he in Fl or NC? Didn't ring her all weekend? Or text even?! Did LE get to apartment before husband?

Am I correct I'm thinking her keys were in her apt with wallet but no phone? Or was ph in apt too? did she just take out a small a out of cash, her ph and her apt key? (that's what I would do if not wanting to take my whole bag out)

The everything is find in the marriage is strange IMO. Why not tell it like it is in these cases when a wife goes missing. We've seen this reaction by husbands in other cases, and I wonder what it says about a person who won't admit it. Dose it indicate a controlling personality?

The everything is find in the marriage is strange IMO. Why not tell it like it is in these cases when a wife goes missing. We've seen this reaction by husbands in other cases, and I wonder what it says about a person who won't admit it. Dose it indicate a controlling personality?

I agree!
Hubby Had plenty of time to drive back and forth and Kelli is probably not even in that area. He never called or tried to contact his wife that entire weekend.
Red Flag!
I do not think NH is involved.

I think if NH was involved we would have found her by now.
She is not

JMO

I agree!
Hubby Had plenty of time to drive back and forth and Kelli is probably not even in that area. He never called or tried to contact his wife that entire weekend.
Red Flag!
I do not think NH is involved.

I think if NH was involved we would have found her by now.
She is not

JMO

Playing devil's advocate, I would think if hubby was involved, there would have been some evidence of travel found by now. There wasn't "plenty" of time. There may have been theoretically enough time, but not "plenty", making the odds of being able to conceal that much travel more unlikely. I would also bet he wasn't a total recluse in Florida. I would bet LE has interviewed people that confirmed his story of being in Florida.

Also, plenty of husbands don't call their wives over a weekend apart. That doesn't make them all murderers. I haven't called mine yet this weekend. Lord forbid something happened to her, I hope the finger's not pointed at me simply because I didn't call her. What I have a bigger problem with is his mischaracterizing the nature of their relationship at the time if in fact they were having troubles. The affirmative act of being deceitful is more problematic to me than simply not calling your spouse over a weekend.

Playing devil's advocate, I would think if hubby was involved, there would have been some evidence of travel found by now. There wasn't "plenty" of time. There may have been theoretically enough time, but not "plenty", making the odds of being able to conceal that much travel more unlikely. I would also bet he wasn't a total recluse in Florida. I would bet LE has interviewed people that confirmed his story of being in Florida.

Also, plenty of husbands don't call their wives over a weekend apart. That doesn't make them all murderers. I haven't called mine yet this weekend. Lord forbid something happened to her, I hope the finger's not pointed at me simply because I didn't call her. What I have a bigger problem with is his mischaracterizing the nature of their relationship at the time if in fact they were having troubles. The affirmative act of being deceitful is more problematic to me than simply not calling your spouse over a weekend.

Yes, I agree with what you say, and BBM - that's what raises a red flag for me. Seems in cases where I've seen this, the husband has been guilty. Okay, so this may be the time where it does not mean anything.

What also bugs me about this case is that I wouldn't think NH would have as good as it appears he has been in hiding her body, and getting rid of evidence of a crime on his clothing, in his car, etc. since he was of such limited means. But, again, this may the time when luck was on his side - or he many simply not have done it.

I'm sure, at least I hope, LE has talked to people in Florida to attempt to establish his whereabouts but as to being able to conceal his travel, he admits he last spoke to her at 3pm on Friday. Lets say they had "words" and he was po'd, left immediately to go confront her. He would have arrived in NC about midnight. If something did happen to Kelli that involved him, it would most likely have been between 1 - 2 AM. Again if he left immediately, (possibly taking Kelli with him and disposing somewhere en-route), he would have been back in Florida by 11am. So my point is most of the time he would have been traveling was during the night or "sleeping" hours so he might not have been missed. I know most 20 something individuals stay up late, but he could have said he was really tired and went to bed and slept late the next morning. Not unusual for young people to sleep like 12 hours straight. The Friday evening, between say 6-10, would have been harder to go unnoticed, but who was watching him or expecting him? Different excuses for different friends: fell asleep, went jogging, working out, watched a movie, lots of excuses if someone asks "hey, where were you Friday night?". And that's IF there was someone to actually ask. Friends may have their own lives, he had been in NC for a time, so he may not have been in the "group" any longer where people might have expected him to come hang out. And, if his old group were mostly married, they may not get together as much anymore. I think he could be gone that long and not missed.

Yes, I agree with what you say, and BBM - that's what raises a red flag for me. Seems in cases where I've seen this, the husband has been guilty. Okay, so this may be the time where it does not mean anything.

What also bugs me about this case is that I wouldn't think NH would have as good as it appears he has been in hiding her body, and getting rid of evidence of a crime on his clothing, in his car, etc. since he was of such limited means. But, again, this may the time when luck was on his side - or he many simply not have done it.

Agree!

If the husband had a cell phone and he had it with him and it was on, LE can track his general whereabouts that weekend through tower pings. They would know if he left the area. If he turned off the phone for some number of hours they would know that too. A phone turned off for many hours the same time a spouse goes missing would be a red flag. If he had a prepaid 'burner' phone and left his own cell phone @ home, the cell tower pings would show his phone never was moved outside his immediate area and that could prove problematic.

If the husband was seen that weekend by someone in his area in FL, be it a friend, a family member, or even if he was on video visiting a local store or restaurant or fast food joint, that would verify his alibi and rule him out since he couldn't be in both FL and NC at the same time.

There are a myriad of ways to determine if someone is where they said they were. Any of those ways would have the husband crossed off the list of possible suspects.

If the husband had a cell phone and he had it with him and it was on, LE can track his general whereabouts that weekend through tower pings. They would know if he left the area. If he turned off the phone for some number of hours they would know that too. A phone turned off for many hours the same time a spouse goes missing would be a red flag. If he had a prepaid 'burner' phone and left his own cell phone @ home, the cell tower pings would show his phone never was moved outside his immediate area and that could prove problematic.

If the husband was seen that weekend by someone in his area in FL, be it a friend, a family member, or even if he was on video visiting a local store or restaurant or fast food joint, that would verify his alibi and rule him out since he couldn't be in both FL and NC at the same time.

There are a myriad of ways to determine if someone is where they said they were. Any of those ways would have the husband crossed off the list of possible suspects.

BBM - I think most perps now know they can be tracked via cellphone pings and would be clever enough to do something with their phone to throw LE off there trail. Just like now-a-days most thugs are aware about DNA...
The days of tripping up a via cellphone tracking and of going back to old cases an recovering DNA have mostly ended. Best bet now is surveillance cameras, and that's what this case lacks sadly...

But I do agree with you that LE has many ways to see if husband was in the area where he said he was... some of which depends upon how much $$ LE is willing to spend on this case.

I'm still at the point of thinking that if NH did do this, how lucky he was since considering his almost homeless existence, that he was able not to leave evidence around himself...

And, as in all cases, what is the motive here.... For someone like an NH, sexual attack, but for a husband - well typical would be control freak, jealousy, money (if life insurance, pensions)....

I do agree with you on everything you said, but I still think it's a relatively short period of time to not be seen. For instance, I got home from work at 4:30 on Friday. I have not left the house since. My cell phone has not rung, yet it has been on the whole time. My daughter calls me on the landline when she knows I'm home. No one else has called, guess I'm not that popular LOL. If someone I know turned up missing, I'd be in trouble. Thank goodness my hubby's OK.

But if they checked my computer, they'd know I was on Websleuths! LOL!

I do agree with you on everything you said, but I still think it's a relatively short period of time to not be seen. For instance, I got home from work at 4:30 on Friday. I have not left the house since. My cell phone has not rung, yet it has been on the whole time. My daughter calls me on the landline when she knows I'm home. No one else has called, guess I'm not that popular LOL. If someone I know turned up missing, I'd be in trouble. Thank goodness my hubby's OK.
But if they checked my computer, they'd know I was on Websleuths! LOL!

Not just seen, but out of contact all together including phone pings. It would be highly suspicious if he had turned his phone off altogether, which would mean the phone would not connect to any tower, over a 20+ hour period of time. If they compared his usage that weekend to prior weekends and noted an anomaly in usage it would raise a red flag for LE. However, if LE checked each thing--cell phone, pings, movements, computer usage, phone calls, friends, etc. they would be able to determine if he was in the area (FL) or out of the area.

Not just seen, but out of contact all together including phone pings. It would be highly suspicious if he had turned his phone off altogether, which would mean the phone would not connect to any tower, over a 20+ hour period of time. If they compared his usage that weekend to prior weekends and noted an anomaly in usage it would raise a red flag for LE. However, if LE checked each thing--cell phone, pings, movements, computer usage, phone calls, friends, etc. they would be able to determine if he was in the area (FL) or out of the area.

exactly. not to mention the only scenario we can come up with where he'd have enough time to do something to her involves him being awake for 24 hours and driving for probably 20 of those hours. if he was going to harm her why take all of those risks - being spotted on the road, not having an alibi, driving for 20 hours in a day on no sleep, having to keep your phone active but not on you, etc etc etc - when it would have been a lot easier to wait until he came back from florida to plan something out? the only scenario i can think of would be if florida itself were the alibi and he never was in florida but i'm pretty sure that's been convincingly ruled out. i still think having a sex offender as last person who saw her is a much more likely route to our answer than the husband.

Probably not her, but another body found.
On January 29, 2013 at approximately 7:22 am, officers from the Fayetteville Police Department responded to the area of Robeson Street near Commerce Street in reference to a body having been located. Once officers arrived on scene, they located a deceased subject near this area. At this time, detectives are investigating the death as a homicide. The name of the deceased is being withheld, pending the next-of-kin notification.

Probably not her, but another body found.
On January 29, 2013 at approximately 7:22 am, officers from the Fayetteville Police Department responded to the area of Robeson Street near Commerce Street in reference to a body having been located. Once officers arrived on scene, they located a deceased subject near this area. At this time, detectives are investigating the death as a homicide. The name of the deceased is being withheld, pending the next-of-kin notification.

Was a male.

Just read that on another site and was going to post:)
Probably homeless, based upon location.

Just read that on another site and was going to post:)
Probably homeless, based upon location.

I know it's been discussed before but man, the rate at which they find dead bodies there is alarming. I live in a metropolitan area and we have our fair share of homeless as well but as far as I know people aren't finding dead bodies at that rate, unless it's just not making the news.

I thought about the husbands phone too, and that he might have left it at home (parents home), parents were away, so no one missed him going off to KB.

But if he left his phone at home, so it wouldn't be on the grid, and then he did go to KB & something bad happened.......well it would then seem premeditated. I would've at least liked to have thought that if it was husband then it was a heat of the moment, situation gone bad. He did have plenty to be jealous of (gorgeous wife who seemed to be getting back together with ex boyfriend, out boozing with new fellas/friends, getting on without him), but no one has ever said AFAIK that hubby would have the temperament. But the claims to be happily married....???

I don't know - someone else altogether? You guys know better than me though - usually someone the victim knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3