GUILTY NC - PFC Kelli Bordeaux, 23, Fayetteville, 14 April 2012 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's hard to say because the website doesn't say what the hearing is for. All I know is the same 3 cases (1 traffic and 2 non traffic) are still open and pending with court dates coming up in the first week of November. If I had to guess, no, he hasn't been sentenced on any of those 3 cases. If he had other cases pending that I didn't find, I suppose it's possible he was sentenced on those. But these are the only 3 I have ever been able to track down.

Yeah, those are the only ones I've seen also.

Here are the statutes in case anyone is interested:

CHANGE OF ADDRESS FROM ANOTHER COUNTY 14-208.9(A)

UNLAWFUL ON PREMISE 14-208.18.B

It seems I misread the change of address law when I first looked at it and posted about it months ago. I thought the last paragraph indicated it is only a misdemeanor, but it seems like that only applies to the part about failing to get to the sheriff's office promptly when told to get a new photo taken.

So it looks like the failure to register charge is a Class F felony also, based on this:

http://mobile.ncleg.net/EnactedLegislation/Statutes/PDF/BySection/Chapter_14/GS_14-208.11.pdf

Here are the sentencing guidelines again:

http://www.mynorthcarolinadefenselawyer.com/criminal-charges/

He has two past Class F felony convictions for 14-202.1 INDECENT LIBERTY MINOR, which are 8 points total. With the new charges, if they hold, it looks like he could get as much as 21 months for each charge, and of course it depends if he will be allowed to serve them concurrently or not.

Our NH was in quite a quandary re the Change of Address Statute -- first of all, did he even receive the request that he go the the Sheriff's office to complete the Address notification? Where did he receive it? Could he/did he give FB as his address? He was living in a TENT!! Would the FB owner let him use that address? Funny, but pathetic to ponder...

He's not the only individual living in a tent, I'll bet. Certainly the by-far greater number of them would not be subject to this Statue, i.e., not classified as RSO's, but it's still something to mull over. There is some mail that some individuals must receive... There's always General Delivery, I guess... Homelessness must be absolutely awful for those not trying to evade the law -- and I am not saying that NH was trying to evade by any stretch... Just thinkin' out loud...
icon9.gif

Our NH was in quite a quandary re the Change of Address Statute -- first of all, did he even receive the request that he go the the Sheriff's office to complete the Address notification? Where did he receive it? Could he/did he give FB as his address? He was living in a TENT!! Would the FB owner let him use that address? Funny, but pathetic to ponder...

He's not the only individual living in a tent, I'll bet. Certainly the by-far greater number of them would not be subject to this Statue, i.e., not classified as RSO's, but it's still something to mull over. There is some mail that some individuals must receive... There's always General Delivery, I guess... Homelessness must be absolutely awful for those not trying to evade the law -- and I am not saying that NH was trying to evade by any stretch... Just thinkin' out loud...
icon9.gif

The responsibility isn't on the Sheriff to give him notice. It is the responsibility of the offender to notify LE, I believe within 3 days (though I could be wrong on the length of time) of a change of address. If they don't want to agree to reporting their address and changes they always have the option of staying in prison.

Yeah, NH chose to live in a tent but you don't want sex offenders going off the grid simply by using that as an excuse for not reporting or NONE of them will register their addresses. If you can't provide a legitimate address then I'm sure the State has an address they are willing to give him. And yes, NH was trying to evade or else he would have reported his address to LE.

For those that aren't sex offenders, yes, homelessness is a huge problem and would probably take up an entire site much less a thread. But agree with you about problems the innocent homeless face.

The the best chance to find out how long he'll be locked up, if it isn't mentioned in the news and if none of our posters here can tell us, is probably here:

http://webapps6.doc.state.nc.us/opi/offendersearch.do?method=view

It's the NC Dept of Public Safety site where you can search for offenders in the system. It's got his transfer to prison on 10/19 listed but none of his other info has been updated. Hopefully it will be brought up to date soon. Also, the NC sex offender registry might have something eventually.

Thanks for the link Chili Fries. No update yet. It's been one week since his transfer to Cranven Cl. Offender No. 0815376.
Here's a direct link to Holbert's page (I hope).

http://webapps6.doc.state.nc.us/opi...turl=pagelistoffendersearchresults&listpage=1

Mainly I posted to bump Kelli's page. I think of her often and am always hoping for a break in her case.

Man, I hate to see Kelli's case slip away. I check here nearly daily hoping to see some sort of break through on her case. :banghead:

I see the page now lists Total Incarceration Term:2 YEARS, Projected Release Date:07/24/2013

Hmmm, I wonder what the November Court date is then. I just hope we aren't sitting here talking about speed bumps in the investigation 2 years from now.

Hmmm, I wonder what the November Court date is then. I just hope we aren't sitting here talking about speed bumps in the investigation 2 years from now.

When I search both District and Superior courts now all I am seeing is his traffic cases pending, no court dates for criminal cases anymore. So maybe he took a plea bargain to cut his possible sentence down.

When I search both District and Superior courts now all I am seeing is his traffic cases pending, no court dates for criminal cases anymore. So maybe he took a plea bargain to cut his possible sentence down.

I see that now. Thanks. Plea bargains typically have to be approved by the Court and require the Defendant to appear before the Judge, ensure the defendant knows all his rights and that he's waiving them and provide enough information about the crime charged that the Judge finds there is a basis for the plea and then enters the sentencing. I suppose it was done earlier and the November date was a date provided to get necessary paperwork filed. I don't know why else he would have even been given the November date. In either case, hopefully NH decides to talk with some cell mates or something breaks for Kelli.

This is becoming so discouraging. I'm so impatient waiting for even the slightest bit of news about Kelli. It feels like I've been obsessing over this case for years, but at the same time, it does not at all feel like it's been almost seven months since she disappeared. Praying for a breakthrough soon..:banghead:

Breakthrough or just some sort of update by LE. Short of actually finding Kelli or the perp saying the wrong thing to someone I really don't know what else LE could look into. I'm sure most everything else has already been done.:banghead:

Thanks for the link Chili Fries. No update yet. It's been one week since his transfer to Cranven Cl. Offender No. 0815376.
Here's a direct link to Holbert's page (I hope).

http://webapps6.doc.state.nc.us/opi...turl=pagelistoffendersearchresults&listpage=1

Mainly I posted to bump Kelli's page. I think of her often and am always hoping for a break in her case.

It usually takes about 3--5 weeks for the inmate to be tested and then sent to the actual institution for his/her sentence. They determine physical and mental heath needs, custody level (minimum, medium, close, maximum), etc., etc. Custody Level determines in which prison the inmate will be housed for his sentence, since each prison houses only certain custody levels.

He prolly should be classified as medium, but due to the nature of his crime, inmates (who know all about new inmates somehow) will know the nature of his crimes which may put him in jeopardy. It will be interesting to see his Custody Level as well as his Control Status (Reg. Pop., Protective Control, Admin. Segregation, etc., etc.).

For anyone who knows:

Other than the two crimes for which he's now serving sentence, and the traffic offenses of 1) operating a vehicle w/no insurance & 2) fic./altered reg. tag, what other ones await? Are there more criminal charges? I either forgot them or never knew....
icon11.gif
TIA!

It usually takes about 3--5 weeks for the inmate to be tested and then sent to the actual institution for his/her sentence. They determine physical and mental heath needs, custody level (minimum, medium, close, maximum), etc., etc. Custody Level determines in which prison the inmate will be housed for his sentence, since each prison houses only certain custody levels.

He prolly should be classified as medium, but due to the nature of his crime, inmates (who know all about new inmates somehow) will know the nature of his crimes which may put him in jeopardy. It will be interesting to see his Custody Level as well as his Control Status (Reg. Pop., Protective Control, Admin. Segregation, etc., etc.).

For anyone who knows:

Other than the two crimes for which he's now serving sentence, and the traffic offenses of 1) operating a vehicle w/no insurance & 2) fic./altered reg. tag, what other ones await? Are there more criminal charges? I either forgot them or never knew....
icon11.gif
TIA!

Those are the only ones I knew of that were pending

I suppose I am just posting to bump for our girl... I hadn't logged in for a bit and was really hoping to find some updated info :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme