GUILTY NC - PFC Kelli Bordeaux, 23, Fayetteville, 14 April 2012 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I changed my avatar to a butterfly for Kelli...years ago.

I know/knew she loved them.

She was as beautiful as a butterfly and she landed in many of our hearts and souls.

She has the wings of an angel now...may that bring some peace to all.

RIP, Kelly. I'm so glad they found you.

This link was updated, so y'all read it again:
http://www.fayobservr.com/news/local/article_79d4b384-dfa1-53c9-ac8e-ccccb46f2399.html

Listen to this part :(

ETA: I always thought it was Holbert. Too many red flags with him. I'm betting it was attempted rape at least, too, given his background and the situation.

Thanks for the updated article, writer7. In the article, Al Mignacci of Raleigh, NC was mentioned. Here's an old article which mentions his search for Kelli. Some of you may recall reading it originally.

http://www.newsobserver.com/2012/07/29/2230610/shaffer-hunt-for-missing-soldier.html

Excerpt which quotes Mignacci, a 75-yr-old who searched for Kelli and a couple of others many of us remember:

He didn’t know Nancy Cooper, the Cary housewife found strangled in an undeveloped subdivision. He didn’t know Kelly Morris, whose skeleton was discovered in a fox pen near Creedmoor. He didn’t know Shaniya Davis, the 5-year-old girl dumped outside Fayetteville.
But he searched for all of them, step by step through the woods. Somebody had to.

AL got involved in the search via Dr Godwin. The PI contacted Dr Godwin 5 months ago any they started interviewing Nick.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Reedus23.... I only wish. We couldn't hear or see anything. It's something to know we were right on the other side of a concrete wall.

Kelli didn't seem uncomfortable but she wasn't only hanging out with Nick. She was socializing. It wasn't like they were on a date. It was like friends hanging out.

I told you guys I'd eventually answer some questions like no... NH never came back to the bar. He told LE he did and even asked some of the employees to lie for him. They didn't. He was talkative the next day though.

Always appreciated what insight you were able to share with us. This has to be tough for you too.

RIP Kelli. This just hurts my heart so. Prayers to Kelli's Family and all those that loved her.

Here, finally, is the short arraignment hearing for Holbert:
Please pardon if this has already been posted.

http://www.wral.com/bordeaux-murder-suspect-set-to-make-court-appearance/13648334/

He looked a bit lean to me when I was watching the arraignment.

I did not get a feeling that he had anyone/anywhere to go for help -- while he was at/around/living-behind the FB bar or afterwards, until he went to prison. And where did he live after he was released? I do wonder where he has been living & how he has been getting along w/r/t meals, sleeping arrangements, etc.

He's a registered sex offender who was convicted as a 16-year-old of indecent liberties with a 5-year-old child, why the hello was he out walking the streets ! Why do we allow these who rape our children ever out of a prison cell.Jessica Lundsford law give child molesters at least 25 yrs in prison, I feel they should get life.Predators do not change and anyone who molests a 5 yr old at the age of 16 is a predator who should never get out of a prison alive! Our Justice system failed Kelli Bordeaux when they released this out of prison, her family and all her loved ones, I pray this time the justice system gets it right !

RIP Kelli I am so sorry this happened to you but I am glad you were found so you can be laid to rest. I am praying that your family can find some measure of peace since closure is a term people use but in reality does not exist for the loved ones of a murder victim. As far as the anger you are feeling now that's to be expected, I pray that you can find someway of channeling the anger so you can start to heal.

Reedus23.... I only wish. We couldn't hear or see anything. It's something to know we were right on the other side of a concrete wall.

Kelli didn't seem uncomfortable but she wasn't only hanging out with Nick. She was socializing. It wasn't like they were on a date. It was like friends hanging out.

I told you guys I'd eventually answer some questions like no... NH never came back to the bar. He told LE he did and even asked some of the employees to lie for him. They didn't. He was talkative the next day though.

First, thank you VOH910 for all your efforts here!
As to what I respectfully BBM - wow! doesn't get more of a red flag indicating guilt than that!

Wow VOH! That's a big tell right there. The assumption people had (at least on WS) is that NH came back to the bar after "dropping Kelli off."

I don't believe Nick's story, fwiw. I can't imagine him knocking KB out in front of the bar like he said he did. What argument would they have had before even getting into the car? No, I think something else happened and NH is not being upfront about it.

He's a registered sex offender who was convicted as a 16-year-old of indecent liberties with a 5-year-old child

Yes he was, and even though he was the last known person to see Kelli alive, and even with his prior record, he was hailed by some (who didn't know him) as an innocent nice guy who couldn't have done this, was getting a raw deal, and through a conspiracy was setup as the perfect patsy to take the fall for KB's disappearance.

Wow VOH! That's a big tell right there. The assumption people had (at least on WS) is that NH came back to the bar after "dropping Kelli off."

I don't believe Nick's story, fwiw. I can't imagine him knocking KB out in front of the bar like he said he did. What argument would they have had before even getting into the car? No, I think something else happened and NH is not being upfront about it.

That is a big tell. No wonder LE kept telling us that NH was in their cross hairs. Goes to show you, we always have to keep it in the back of our mind that LE always knows a lot more than we will ever know. Even now.

Regarding his story, there will obviously be some glimpses of truth in it. He did take them to where he buried her after all. But, he will ALWAYS shade things to make himself out to be a victim of circumstance, to try to give justification in his own warped mind for his actions. I can tell you what kind of argument I think they could have had before even getting in the car. Hell, could have been something as stupid as he walked her to the car and even played the gentleman and went to open the door and as she went to get in the car he tried to kiss her and she shoved him away and tried to get out of the situation. Of course, he can't be told no and the unthinkable happens. Who knows, but the general topic of any argument I feel pretty confident about.

I agree, I think it started as a pass on his part and when she resisted he attacked her. That part seems fairly obvious to me. The specifics about multiple head hits, with no other activity, I'm not sure. He's not credible so we may never know.

Did Kelli know this man? Did she know his background?
Am just hoping other women will think twice about taking risks...and remember that if someone seems creepy, trust your first instincts/impressions. I am still reeling about Alexis Murphy following that murderous creep to his home...yes, it happens, she was young, inexperienced and naive. But all we can hope for now is that some other girl or woman is saved by knowing about these tragedies. For me, it is important that LE and adults/parents etc. stress how dangerous it is to go with, or put yourself at the mercy of, anyone you do not know and trust 100%. Otherwise, nothing positive will result from these murders. Again...jmo.

Yes he was, and even though he was the last known person to see Kelli alive, and even with his prior record, he was hailed by some (who didn't know him) as an innocent nice guy who couldn't have done this, was getting a raw deal, and through a conspiracy was setup as the perfect patsy to take the fall for KB's disappearance.

I do not understand how anyone knowing his past record with a 5 yr old could ever think of him as a nice guy. That makes him a in my book.
I do not believe in second chances because usually that just means a second victim.

I just wanted to say a big thank you to Mr.Washburn for bringing Kelli home. I have a feeling with out you involved she would still be missing and he would still be free. I think your a terrific PI.

I just wanted to say a big thank you to Mr.Washburn for bringing Kelli home. I have a feeling with out you involved she would still be missing and he would still be free. I think your a terrific PI.
This guy did what LE should have done two years ago.They should have interviewed him,re-interviewed him then interviewed him again and kept at it until they got the answer's that this PI managed to get.If he eventually refused to cooperate then you arrest him on these unrelated charges.Instead they rushed to arrest him which meant he was assigned a public defender and police forever lost their ability to question him and lost their best chance to solve this crime.

It took longer and a sad circuitous path, but the right guy is incarcerated and will receive the punishment. KB was dead long before LE was called, and LE wouldn't have been able to save her. LE can't continue to badger or even question a POI indefinitely; they do have rules to follow. PIs are not subject to the same restrictions and in this case it was fortunate there was one involved.

Law enforcement had every right to continually question Nick especially since he was the only suspect, a registered sex offender and was last person with the victim

But they didn't for the year was out

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member