GUILTY NC - PFC Kelli Bordeaux, 23, Fayetteville, 14 April 2012 - #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Maybe I have watched too many trials. Because I can't stop wondering how a defense attorney will take this Marshburn confession and body-finding and turn it into some type of "injustice" quagmire. Hopefully, Holbert has confessed to LE as well!

When I read, "Investigator says Nicholas Holbert was relieved to talk about Spc. Kelli Bordeaux" I can't help but saying cynically to myself - It sure took him long enough!
Would he have ever talked, I wonder, had it not been for the PI?

But they didn't for the year was out

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
The reason they did not question him was they blew that opportunity once they arrested him.Once arrested he was assigned a public defender and law enforcement can no longer question him unless they get his lawyers permission.(something no lawyer would give)

That article is terrific and thank you Sundrop for providing the link. Based on how the PI approached this and how he formed a relationship with Holbert over the last year+, I am so impressed. There's no way LE could have done a similar thing: befriend Holbert and slowly get him to to open up to eventually reveal where he put Kelli's body.

According to the article, it was the daily contact by the PI, giving work assignments, money, providing Holbert necessities, taking him for coffee and the "friendship," that was the strategy that worked. Even his backing off the topic of Kelli worked its magic. Because the PI was not considered law enforcement and because he had no ability to make an arrest himself, that put him in a unique and more neutral position and he was not considered the adversary in Holbert's mind. Knowing now that Kelli's body was buried and in a highly dense thicket of woods, that took many hours to clear a path and required removal of a lot of briars, I don't think she ever would have been found had Holbert not disclosed where she was.

I'm doubly thankful.

So "Nick" formed a bond with the PI? And, confessed to the PI? GOOD! LE had nothing to do with finding the body.....so what?? Is there a contest between LE and the PI? "Nick" liked the PI better than the detectives? What?? I'm sure that loved ones and family will give the PI all the praise and thanks. What does it matter? Confused....

The reason they did not question him was they blew that opportunity once they arrested him.Once arrested he was assigned a public defender and law enforcement can no longer question him unless they get his lawyers permission.(something no lawyer would give)

I remember a case or two shown on the ID cable show where a PI was helpful. Can't think of any I've been following here where the PI has done as much as in this case.
Not saying this to disparage PI's - so glad for this one here!

Imo, it is better for prosecution that he confessed to non-LE. No chance for defense to say police pressured or "tortured" him to confess.

Unreal. She never made it away from FBs. To those doubting that Nick is minimizing or lying about how it all played out, LE and prosecutors would never put that information on an arrest warrant if they didn't have evidence to support it. JMO

I am so very happy that Kelli was found. I have delayed posting because it was a very emotional experience for me when I read the first article. I have waited so long to hear those horrible words. I cannot imagine how her family has felt for all this time.

I was one that judged quickly - wrong as it may be - that Nick was the guilty party. It was hard not to go there, and hard for me not to stay there. It so often boils down to the last person to see the missing. But when you add that he was a RSO, was living in a tent, did not register his address with the state, and most importantly - his story didn't make sense. For her to disappear so close to home, supposedly between his car and her front door.

I do admit having misgivings about her husband too because of the obvious strained relationship and because of his silence in key arenas.

I totally respect this PI!! Wow! If only we had someone so dedicated on other cases. When I read the first time that Nick was involved in providing her location,my reaction was :thud: Now, my reaction is one of complete respect and admiration. What a service this PI provided. One that can never be fully repaid as words could never fully explain.

When I read, "Investigator says Nicholas Holbert was relieved to talk about Spc. Kelli Bordeaux" I can't help but saying cynically to myself - It sure took him long enough!

I cannot find a link atm, and someone please correct me if I am wrong, but I think I read somewhere, maybe even here, that Fayetteville LE had not even spoken to NH in the past year since he has been out of jail. If that is true, my answer to your question would be probably not. I doubt he would have just called them up and said "Hey, remember that Kelli Bordeaux case? Yep, it was me". Thank God for that PI. JMO

Over 1 1/2 years ago dogs hit back there but Detective Locklear said Nick killed animals sometimes, so its nothing

I don't think he would have, OldSteve. He had been in prison before and I'm sure he didn't want to go back in spite of having a dependable 3 meals a day, clean sheets & clothes and free medical care.

I wonder why he didn't leave town -- leave the state -- of course, he had no money, but surely, Shirley, he could have done something to earn enuff money for a bus ticket to anywhere. He was on probation and an RSO, but I don't think that would have slowed him down very much if he really wanted to GTH outta Dodge. Maybe he did have a friend or two -- that's why I'm curious about how he survived/ate/slept all those days before & after he went to prison...

Lived with girlfriend and her mom

Maybe I have watched too many trials. Because I can't stop wondering how a defense attorney will take this Marshburn confession and body-finding and turn it into some type of "injustice" quagmire. Hopefully, Holbert has confessed to LE as well!

Don't be surprised if a defense attorney attempts to argue that the PI was working as an agent of LE and therefore talking to him violated his Miranda rights. Have seen it in the jailhouse confession context and wouldn't be surprised if it happens here. Don't think it would be successful but won't be shocked to see it argued.

Thank God she has been found so she can be returned to her family.

What I remember while discussing this case was not so much IF NH did it but how and where and where did he bury the body.

We also did have lengthy discussions about the husband not being entirely forthcoming with the truth about their marriage. Any good detective work starts with the inner circle and eliminating them before opening that circle up. That is a standard practice in investigating any case.

We did however get back around to the obvious culprit. We all pretty much figured this would be that outcome.

Thanks to all of you who were her for Kelli, trying to figure out where she was.

RIP beautiful lady. Your life was too short, you had do much more to give. I'm sorry you'll never get that chance. Rest peacefully now Kelli, you found your ways home.

Don't be surprised if a defense attorney attempts to argue that the PI was working as an agent of LE and therefore talking to him violated his Miranda rights. Have seen it in the jailhouse confession context and wouldn't be surprised if it happens here. Don't think it would be successful but won't be shocked to see it argued.

Yeah. I was thinking more along the lines of a false confession to maintain the relationship, but knowing where her body was buried pretty much locks it up, IMO. Being LE seems pretty binary to me: you either are or not and the PI's not, but I know what you mean about trying tactics.

I hope Nick confessed and/or pleads guilty! When will we find out? Anyone know the next step?

Yeah. I was thinking more along the lines of a false confession to maintain the relationship, but knowing where her body was buried pretty much locks it up, IMO. Being LE seems pretty binary to me: you either are or not and the PI's not, but I know what you mean about trying tactics.

I hope Nick confessed and/or pleads guilty! When will we find out? Anyone know the next step?

Regarding BBM -
Might I suggest hanging.

Quick question. What about the other girls that disappeared? It was discussed that there could be a serial killer. Could it be NH? I can't recall if any of the other girls that disappeared around this area happened when he was living there, or if they happened at a time when NH wouldn't be a suspect.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jillybean84
Back