GUILTY NC - PFC Kelli Bordeaux, 23, Fayetteville, 14 April 2012 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I understand, and it's not the same everywhere, those with no permanent address are supposed to report to a sheriff or police sept every set amount of days. In Indiana, it's every 7 days, in Pa it's done monthly during the last two days of the month. In Michigan, homeless SO's report to the sheriff office rather than register within their city. When they do, they are supposed to provide exactly where they are staying...or ie: under a bridge, in the park, at a shelter etc..

Oh Really? thats interesting!
I guerss they just want to know where to find them!

I have a question!

If Kelli was texting someone with prepaid phone there would be no record
of the number right? Arent they untracable?
They would see she made a call or a text but not see the number she called.
Is that how they work?
Like Trac phones where ya buy perpaid phone cards.

I think they need her phone to read her text messages!
I think that will tell them muy mucho!

All phones whether prepaid or not are traceable and I am pretty sure it is the law that cellular providers keep records of all transmissions for up to 7 years.

Haven't heard it yet (wth's wrong with me?) ;) I have a hilarious story and then I'll stop being OT and continue trying to catch up on posts...I haven't had anything helpful to add for Kelli, but not for the lack of trying nor lack of wishing it were not so. :(

For many eons, I have almost always avoided TV commercials completely (except for PBS and Superbowl or grapevine word) or at least muted them...but somebody caught my interest on a Ford comm. So I un-muted...thought "wow, WHO is that guy, whoever he is...he has awesome talent and charisma...what a VOICE...somebody needs to sign him...this could be his lucky break". It was TK. LOL. :blush:

Believe me you dont want to hear RED SOLO CUP!

My opinion is that even if NH did not have a record at all, it is likely he would still have been picked up - based on being the last known person to be with KB. I think his record, failure to register, and the car issues coupled with him being the last person is why they want to hold him (high bond). What a reaction LE would get should they release him and it later be found he was in fact guilty.

Oh Really? thats interesting!
I guerss they just want to know where to find them!

I know I would! If they're found to be breaking any of the rules set aside for offenders, they would be taken back into custody..the same rules still apply so if they're found residing too close to school, parks, etc..they'd be locked back up from what I've gathered. I read somewhere that they'd either do the rest of their time on paper- IF they're on paper. Not sure how long if they're not.
http://http://www.megans-law.net/
Megans law site has all of the states listed, some are more thorough than others, and it give a basic run down of what's expected from SO's.

In many states when a sex offender is released from jail, they are registered as transient sex offenders, but they still need to register as required by the states that they live in. There are so many who are living as trasients and if they don't register as required, it has to be mighty difficult to track them.

Another morning thought Re: KBs text messages. I suspect that by now LE has gathered all or nearly all of the text messages (and phone calls made) through contacts with recipients of those texts. I suspect any friend or family that received a text from KB that day/night/weekend has already come forward to LE with the content of those texts. Just moo.

He would have been charged with failure to register his vehicle and driving without insurance.

I do not know what would have happened if he told the agency he was homeless. However, I do know if it was me, I would have went to the agency and found out! The only way you can find the answers is by asking. For me, not going to jail would be extremely important and I would do everything I could to find out how to avoid that situation and abide by the law. Ignorance is not an reason, it is an excuse. It is his responsibility and therefore he should take accountability instead of shifting the blame.

NH is where he belongs because he failed to register as an RSO. He would have an opportunity to register through an agency such as St. Vincent de Paul or a homeless shelter and chose not to do so.

Two recent cases, one from the North Carolina Supreme Court and one from the court of appeals, shed light on how to deal with temporary changes of address and homeless sex offenders...
...The court of appeals vacated the conviction, stating that a person’s home address is “a place where a registrant resides and where that registrant receives mail or other communication.”...
...The supreme court reversed, disagreeing with the definition of “address” used by the court of appeals. A definition focused on where the registrant receives mail, the court said, would allow offenders to flout the purpose of the registry by getting mail in one place and actually living in another. Instead, Justice Brady defined a registrant’s address as his or her “residence” – the “actual place of abode where he or she lives, whether permanent or temporary,” where “certain activities of life occur.” ...
...the court said that sex offender registry operates on an “assumption that everyone does, at all times, have an ‘address’ of some sort, even if it is a homeless shelter, a location under a bridge or some similar place.” If that were not the case, “drifters” like Mr. Worley could effectively dodge the registry by continuing to drift. Because he failed to inform the sheriff of his whereabouts, his conviction was upheld. (The defendant also argued on appeal that the registration statutes are void for vagueness by failing to define “address” or “change of address,” but because the argument was not raised at trial the court of appeals declined to consider it.)

http://sogweb.sog.unc.edu/blogs/ncclaw/?p=529

Registration and homelessness

People who are registered in offender databases are usually required to notify the government when they change their place of residence.[citation needed] This notification requirement is problematic in cases where the registered offender is homeless.

The state of Washington is among those that have special provisions in their registration code covering homeless offenders, but not all states have such provisions. A November 2006 Maryland Court of Appeals ruling exempts homeless persons from that state's registration requirements, which has prompted a drive to compose new laws covering this contingency.

News reports in 2007 revealed that some registered sex offenders were living outside or under the Julia Tuttle Causeway in Miami, Florida because Miami-Dade County ordinances, which are more restrictive than Florida's state laws, made it virtually impossible for them to find housing. [4][5][6] The colony at the causeway grew to as many as 140 registrants living there as of July 2009, but eventually became a political embarrassment and was disbanded in April 2010, with the residents moved into acceptable housing in the area.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex_offender_registration#Registration_and_homelessness

Detective locklear kept saying that the guy that was arrested for megan toumas murder wasnt a suspect, and them bam he was charged with murder. He was a idiot though. writing letters to the paper and talking to other soldiers in the field.He lived about a mile or two from me. moo I think they have some kind of dna and waiting. moo:what:

It is very simple to call up the phone carrier and have them give you a printout of every incoming and outgoing text and picture. I've done it. JMO

Well i can kind of understand!
What if this guy has been laying low keeping out of trouble and bam get
caught up in a missing woman case and is the number one suspect.
If he didnt do it i do not blame him for being angry! Look at where he ended up! He should have registered!
I wonder if he had been registerd would they have arrested him?

It seems to me Nicks worries are only about himself. "Poor me poor me poor me..I am being targeted. I am grieving too." Don't you think a normal reaction to Kelli's disappearance would be regret that he didn't take her to her apartment? Sadness and distraught that he was the one responsible for "getting her home safely" and she never returned? Maybe blaming himself she is missing and being overwhelmed with guilt?? He doesn't even look remorseful.
He also assumes she's dead in the first interview. He says, "the family needs closure.". After she is only gone for a few days. Does anybody else find these things odd?

It seems to me Nicks worries are only about himself. "Poor me poor me poor me..I am being targeted. I am grieving too." Don't you think a normal reaction to Kelli's disappearance would be regret that he didn't take her to her apartment? Sadness and distraught that he was the one responsible for "getting her home safely" and she never returned? Maybe blaming himself she is missing and being overwhelmed with guilt?? He doesn't even look remorseful.
He also assumes she's dead in the first interview. He says, "the family needs closure.". After she is only gone for a few days. Does anybody else find these things odd?

We are on the exact same page!!!! I didnt like his interviews at all!!! I will eat crow if its not him. moo:seeya:

I my case the SO doesnt have to register (not sure with the state though). When I found out that person didnt have to register, I was very upset/mad. But it didnt take anything for me (over the phone none the less) to find out what the SO was charged with. I was a minor and my Mother didnt want to put me through any more pain then what I had already went through.
So finding them charges may not be that hard. As long as you have some of the basic info. Like offenders name, minors name, and date. Thats all I was asked for when I had called the courts (in the state the SO was charged with) some years ago.

Yes and no, and the reason I say that, is because he's not the sharpest knife in the drawer, and he is just reacting to the realization that his a-- is heading to jail. I'm still not convinced that he did this crime.

Ive tried to get my provider (Sprint) to give me print outs of all my texts and they said I needed to have a lawyer get a warrent for them.

exactly and i think they are really searching to find her phone.
what can they get off her phone once they find it that cant get now?
Im not cell savy i dont know alot about this stuff.

Finger prints!

Ive tried to get my provider (Sprint) to give me print outs of all my texts and they said I needed to have a lawyer get a warrent for them.

About a year ago I got logs from both Sprint (hubby's home cell) and ATT (his work cell). Cost me about $125 all together, but they both sent them when I called the customer service lines.

Detective locklear kept saying that the guy that was arrested for megan toumas murder wasnt a suspect, and them bam he was charged with murder. He was a idiot though. writing letters to the paper and talking to other soldiers in the field.He lived about a mile or two from me. moo I think they have some kind of dna and waiting. moo:what:

I Pray to God that they have enough DNA to officially have a suspect. How much longer to we have to wait for results? A couple weeks? Biting my nails until then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missing-CC