GUILTY NC - PFC Kelli Bordeaux, 23, Fayetteville, 14 April 2012 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Which unidentified male?

I think the most likely scenario is that Nick did something to her that night. If he really was back around others in a short period of time, then it's likely he had her in his tent or his trunk.

He likely said she asked to be dropped off in order to explain why neighbors didn't see his car in the timeframe he told cops he took her home.

I think the phone pings must indicate that he didn't drive close to that other tower near her place before disposing of the phone. Chances are, he also disposed of her close by, although he might have been smart enough to ditch the phone separately. He still showed up in public, so that's pretty likely, unfortunately.

Who knows how long he kept Kelli :( :(

His car may be crucial in this scenario. Her body has to be somewhere, and unless really close terrain suggests a good hiding spot, he drove the body. Septic tanks, garbage cans and the like are crucial to check, too, of course.

Motive is another violent sexual attack, except now he knows better about prison :( The last girl he did this with was apparently an impulsive, stupid crime (as well as a hideous one). There's no reason to believe, imho, that he'd be more in control or careful this time. The fact that she is missing shows he worked at being careful -- by escalating to murder! Just mho, but I'll be terribly surprised if he didn't do it.

LE would know if Kelli was in that trunk or that tent right away!
They took his tent i believe and went thru his car even scrapeing mud off the bottom.
The trunk would be the first place they look.
JMO

I wonder if she didn't walk back towards the bar and not go to her apartment. Also, the text about a man taking her home could have been after Nick dropped her off and she was talking about another ride. They have not said exactly what time those texts were sent.

I wonder if she didn't walk back towards the bar and not go to her apartment. Also, the text about a man taking her home could have been after Nick dropped her off and she was talking about another ride. They have not said exactly what time those texts were sent.

I agree!
I also wonder if someone sent her a text while she was on her ride home with nick?

I agree!
I also wonder if someone sent her a text while she was on her ride home with nick?

Yep, I had thought of that as well... do you know how far it is from Ramsey St./turn-off to the apts... in relation to the 295/Ramsey St. cross. As he said in that presser yesterday... local bar "within walking distance to her apt".

Yep, I had thought of that as well... do you know how far it is from Ramsey St./turn-off to the apts... in relation to the 295/Ramsey St. cross. As he said in that presser yesterday... local bar "within walking distance to her apt".

Google says 13 minutes walking... looks like 2 blocks.

Maybe nick had to make up the suspicious story that he dropped her off at the entrance rather than at her apt. because he realized when asked he does not know where in the complex her apt. is.

I am not saying or thinking one way or another if Nick sent the texts or if Kelli actually sent them. But...I agree that the wording, "got home safely" is sent to someone, (if sent by Kelli) that is usually concerned for her well being. This being said, I would lean towards the fact it might actually have been sent by Kelli.

I know its not wise to draw from our personal lives, but....we know so little, that is all we have to draw from here on Websleuths (the armchair detective think tank as I like to call it...lol). We all take from our own experiences in whatever we do in live and who we are and come together and draw conclusions.

I have what is known as "itchy feet". I can plan on staying home for a weekend, and within literally an hour change my mind. I will pack my gear, and head out to the wilderness, sometimes for days. My immediate family knows where I am going roughly, but I do call my Mom who lives out of state and tell her so she hears it from me. She tells me to call and let her know when I resurface. When I get back, I call home (I do not text, nor could I, no phone service where I go). Once I get to where I have service I call my immediate family, let them know I am out of the canyons and give an ETA of my arrival time. Then when I get home, first thing I call my poor ole mom. My mom is elderly and sleeps a considerable amount during the day. What I am getting at is, I will tell a sister that answers her phone..."tell mom I am alive" or "tell mom I am in one piece" that is the extent of our conversation. So what I am saying, is depending on whom she sent the text to, and how close they really are, and what their earlier conversations were, this text would not be that hinky to me.

Boy am I long winded today...lol

Looks like LE will no longer be searching and will focus on going through evidence collected. Do we know if the family has been in contact with TES yet?

http://www.military.com/news/article/a-new-tack-in-missing-soldier-case.html

A New Tack in Missing Soldier Case
Investigators will begin focusing on collected evidence and interviews as the search continues for Fort Bragg soldier Kelli Bordeaux, who has been missing for two weeks.

I do agree the wording in the text is important. I believe you have to compare it with her normal way of stating things in the same context. If she has had any history of these correspondence and with whom was she texting is obviously important as well. Is this typical texting words they use? Did she typically shorthand words? These things may already been vetted out but like so much, unknown to me.

Did anybody else notice this in the Today Show interview with Mike and Matt? Was the final text message sent to Holbert? I thought the friend Justin said he got the text saying she was getting a ride with a man. I assumed he was also the person that received the final text.

Mike Bordeaux on Thursday said he feels there’s no way Kelli would not have made it to their apartment if she was dropped off where Holbert claims. Mike also said he’s suspicious of purported text messages from Kelli to Holbert saying that she had made it home safely.

“There’s no way,” Mike said.

http://myfox8.com/2012/04/26/husband-of-missing-soldier-suspicious-of-sex-offender/

Did anybody else notice this in the Today Show interview with Mike and Matt? Was the final text message sent to Holbert? I thought the friend Justin said he got the text saying she was getting a ride with a man. I assumed he was also the person that received the final text.

http://myfox8.com/2012/04/26/husband-of-missing-soldier-suspicious-of-sex-offender/

Hmmm. I assumed the "got home safely" text went to Justin, too. If it went to Nick, then that adds to my personal list of strikes against him. :moo:

Just another case of the story getting changed IMO... either the reporter did not understand what was said correctly or "RATINGS".

What kind of evidence could have been found that would cause the LE to look for the items she had on, as well as, that phone... in that particular area? I am not talking anything about Nick... they do not seem to be concentrating on him. A MAN at her age is probably someone older. JMO!

Don't those phones have GPS with times? I wonder if she didn't leave that phone at the bar and went back to get it.

What kind of evidence could have been found that would cause the LE to look for the items she had on, as well as, that phone... in that particular area? I am not talking anything about Nick... they do not seem to be concentrating on him. A MAN at her age is probably someone older. JMO!

Don't those phones have GPS with times? I wonder if she didn't leave that phone at the bar and went back to get it.

Interesting thought regarding the phone!!

Morning folks!

The thing on my mind today is Nick's bail of $100,000. Does anyone else think that seems pretty steep for failure to register and the vehicle charges? I don't think that
bail is that high because LE just wants to keep an eye on him. My guess is LE has evidence pointing toward Nick that we just don't know about.

I don't think Kelli ran away. I think she would have surfaced by now.

Think the guy in her unit that reported Kelli missing probably knew her pretty well and knew it was completely out of character for her not to report for duty without notifying someone. Say for instance if she was sick. She would need to report to "sick bay" (as they call it in the Navy) whereby she would have then notified her supervisor.

As for the hubby, I think his behavior shows someone that is not comfortable on camera. Maybe feeling a little guilty because he had been in Florida longer than he needed to be. OR maybe infact they were seperated and he felt guilty about that thus the reason for the forced tears. Don't think MB was involved in anyway in her dissapearance.

So today I am leaning more toward Nick or someone else in the area.

Kelli IS a beautiful girl that would turn any guys head. She is also probably very talented what with the kareoke and all. She has everything going her way and a bright future.

I hope she is returned home TODAY but sadly I don't think that is going to be the case.

Now back to lurking and thanking. Hope everyone has a nice day as we wait for news.

I am holding out hope that the evidence they have collected will yield clues and results.

I also think Nick's bail is high for failing to register. But then again he is a lifelong registered sex offender and his crime is especially disgusting.

What is the bar owners bail?

It is possible that one or more of her texts were sent to more then 1 person, maybe she sent just one "got home safely" text but to multiple recipients?
I have wondered the same about the photo she took that evening, it has been said it was sent to Olivia, but it could also have been sent to someone else whether on purpose or by accident.
I really hope they find Kelli very soon, like today!!

http://www.military.com/news/article/a-new-tack-in-missing-soldier-case.html

"...Investigators will begin focusing on collected evidence..."

I am glad to hear they have evidence, but I can't imagine they are just beginning to focus on it now. Shouldn't they/wouldn't they have left someone back at the office to focus on the evidence while they were out doing their searches? I would have expected that sentence to read "investigators will continue to focus on collected evidence"
I am going to have to assume that either someone misspoke, or the reporter got it wrong or they are trying to mislead the perp. Going by the fact that Locklear said in the presser that everything leads them back to this location (around FB) they must have already begun to focus on the evidence collected. IMO

Anyone heard from VOH lately? Haven't seen them on in awhile, hope everything is okay!

I am holding out hope that the evidence they have collected will yield clues and results.

I also think Nick's bail is high for failing to register. But then again he is a lifelong registered sex offender and his crime is especially disgusting.

What is the bar owners bail?

BBM. It was $500 IIRC, but then he was also being held on charges related to a crime in Boston.

Does anyone remember the Somer Thompson case where Jared Harrell was taken in on charges related to child *advertiser censored*, but then held on 1 MILLION dollars bail? That, to me, is excessively high for the charges. Moo. Turned out they also charged him with Somer's murder.

The $100,000 does seem high for FTR, but not quite as high. Therefore I'm conflicted in determining whether I think it's too high or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member