GUILTY NC - PFC Kelli Bordeaux, 23, Fayetteville, 14 April 2012 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Plus, all the twists and curves that river has, makes me think that even if someone had tossed Kelli in somewhere close to 295 near the bar, there are just so many curves her body would have needed to go through to get down to where it was found, is almost an impossibility. MOO

By the way, I was looking at a map while posting the above.

After viewing the various news threads, I am confused about the location of the body. I am hearing it was found between Methodist college and 295 on one report, and then further south, close to downtown, by the Person St. Bridge. Those areas are about 10 miles apart or so, can anyone confirm where the body was found? Methodist is very close to Froggy Bpttoms, Person Street is not.

After viewing the various news threads, I am confused about the location of the body. I am hearing it was found between Methodist college and 295 on one report, and then further south, close to downtown, by the Person St. Bridge. Those areas are about 10 miles apart or so, can anyone confirm where the body was found? Methodist is very close to Froggy Bpttoms, Person Street is not.

I know, it's VERY confusing, VERY. Trying to figure this out myself. Which LE are investigating this body? Do we have any indication on these news articles?

There are sciences for every subject it seems - who knows about river flow and how or why a body would stay in the same place for a long time, etc. I know things can become lodged and then, for certain reasons, dislodge for reasons known or unknown.

I am no river flow expert...However, I was involved with a Search and Rescue that sadly turned into a Recovery years ago. A boy had gone into the South Platte river and he was lodged up in the brush and roots under the water at the rivers edge. We walked the river and had to uses sticks jamming them down in every foot or so to feel for a body. The person leading our group was an expert and he stated that a body can stay jammed up in such a location for multiple years...ugh. Luckily this young man was found and able to be put to rest. But I remember him explaining how that worked and also that some get in an Eddy and just stay in that spin cycle until found or not, never coming out, like a washer on high. So there are many instances where they can be in the water for long periods and then finally come up due to a storm, or disturbance that "unjams" them for lack of better words. He explained one other thing, which I hate to say, but when a body has been in the water a long time, it gets bloated then it gets soft. Limbs can actually be ripped loose from the current, so if weighted down, if a limb lets go, the body can then surface. This is all just hearsay, but we had all day to talk, and he was a volume of knowledge. (he was also at least seventy years old, out in blazing hot sun, and put me to shame, god he was in good shape)

I just heard about this news from a fellow searcher and I can tell you a few things as a local.

Fayetteville has quite a few homeless people and there have been a few in many years found in Cross Creek, the Cape Fear River and other wooded areas near downtown Fayetteville because that's where they frequent. Person Street Bridge is downtown.

The Person Street bridge is a busy bridge where Campbellton Landing and their restaurant is and is also a place to put your boat in the river.

Kelli has a very distinct tatoo on her side that is large from her back to her right thigh and is the one thing LE would look for first when looking at a body.

The river and shoreline area around I-295 has been searched by various groups and SROs.

Body was found at Campbellton Landing not near I-295. All the photos I've seen from all the news channels and newspaper are the parking lot at Campbelton Landing with police vechiles.

The Cape Fear in the Fayetteville area is a fairly large river, and it flows easily due to its width. The closer it gets to the ocean, the larger it gets for the most part. Upriver from Fayetteville, the flow is about the same and still a good-sized river. Seems to me, if KB's body went into the river soon after her disappearance and near Froggy Bottoms, her body would not be as close to the area as where the body was found -- if her body were unencumbered, and not obstructed by whatever (branches, bends in the river, etc.) it would be farther downriver by now.

I hope this post does not seem graphic or cold-sounding, but I have seen that river many times & in many places and its width averages about 250--300 feet. It has a few areas of class II rapids, but the rest are class I -- not as swift as some other NC rivers. It flows through Wilmington, NC, and Carolina Beach, to name some possibly familiar area in NC. Just my very river-uneducated thoughts.
icon11.gif

Here in Fayetteville a while back a lady fell in to the river who could not swim, she was with someone who went to get help. This person told police where the lady fell in they searched and searched up and down the river...2 weeks went by. They called in a "professional" search team, they found her less than 200 feet from where she fell in.

So while I agree that most of the time things will flow down river, I think that anything is possible when it comes to mother nature. But I don't think at all that that body is Kelli. If I had to guess I would say a homeless person. It's happened before near that area and homeless are often NOT reported missing.

Here in Fayetteville a while back a lady fell in to the river who could not swim, she was with someone who went to get help. This person told police where the lady fell in they searched and searched up and down the river...2 weeks went by. They called in a "professional" search team, they found her less than 200 feet from where she fell in.

So while I agree that most of the time things will flow down river, I think that anything is possible when it comes to mother nature. But I don't think at all that that body is Kelli. If I had to guess I would say a homeless person. It's happened before near that area and homeless are often NOT reported missing.

May I ask an off topic question? When these homeless people are found in the riverways, have they drowned? or were they a victim of crime in most cases? I find this so sad, think about it, a total subculture of cast out humans that are not even missed....very sad to the rawest level for me actually. :(

May I ask an off topic question? When these homeless people are found in the riverways, have they drowned? or were they a victim of crime in most cases? I find this so sad, think about it, a total subculture of cast out humans that are not even missed....very sad to the rawest level for me actually. :(

Here in Florida the homelsess situation is really bad.
School children living out of cars and in tents the only meals they get are in school.
Men out of work families living in their cars cause they lost their homes.

Well, I think it's different in each situation. Mostly drowned because of different situations. One lady could not swim and was trying to clean her clothes in the river. One gentleman was drinking and fell in. There is a creek as well as the river downtown. And there is a rescue mission right next to Cross Creek. So the homeless stay near there.

Goodness, when I checked WS yesterday evening and saw it had jumped from page 28 to 31 I knew something must have happened. The report of body found in river was like a punch in the stomach. From media reports there was confusion on location, but it seems the consensus is that it is near downtown (rather than out by Froggys). LE seems to think this body is not KB and seem sure - maybe the frame or race would not fit for KB. I guess we wait until Medical Examiner makes a determination and statement.

Could be the missing woman, DS, or possibly homeless person or even someone not known to be missing. A body was found near town in the river shortly after KB went missing. Not much was reported, but I believe I recall reading that body was a male.
Sad.

I just heard about this news from a fellow searcher and I can tell you a few things as a local.

Fayetteville has quite a few homeless people and there have been a few in many years found in Cross Creek, the Cape Fear River and other wooded areas near downtown Fayetteville because that's where they frequent. Person Street Bridge is downtown.

The Person Street bridge is a busy bridge where Campbellton Landing and their restaurant is and is also a place to put your boat in the river.

Kelli has a very distinct tatoo on her side that is large from her back to her right thigh and is the one thing LE would look for first when looking at a body.

The river and shoreline area around I-295 has been searched by various groups and SROs.

BBM

Using your post as a jump off point, supertroop82. I don't recall reading this on WS, so to have this information here:

Stars leading down spine from neck to buttocks. Shooting star on right foot. Star on left foot. Tribal tattoos on both sides of ribcage (tribal goes form ribs to thighs) also, orange-red hibiscus above tribal underarm on right side of ribs.

Snipped from missing poster found here:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...644566887928.102369.1668300227&type=1&theater

Wow!
Thats alot of tattoo's!

Im wondering when she got them?

Her husband is covered in tattoos too. There are pics all over their Facebook pages of them. I guess it makes more sense with Kelli going to a biker bar. It seems she likes that kind of stuff.

Her husband is covered in tattoos too. There are pics all over their Facebook pages of them. I guess it makes more sense with Kelli going to a biker bar. It seems she likes that kind of stuff.

I've got about 10 tattoos including a half sleeve and Ive never been in biker bar.

Tattoos are pretty common now, especially in the military in my experience. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member