Found Deceased NC - Raul Johnson, 4, Laurinburg, 24 January 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Oh hellfire. Bad. It's bad. My hinky meter needs urgent repairs. Shades of Sherin (not the coyote crap, but the story that makes no sense).

Jan 25, 2018

Capt. Earl Haywood, chief detective of the Scotland County Sheriff’s Office, said law enforcement from Scotland and Marlboro counties, along with the State Bureau of Investigation and the Highway Patrol, searched throughout the night for the boy in an area near his home, which is near Pea Bridge Road and the South Carolina line.

The Highway Patrol and the SBI are using helicopters to search for the boy by air, while other law enforcement and search and rescue teams are looking for him in grid patterns on the ground, Haywood said. Law officers are re-interviewing neighbors, he said.

Haywood said authorities don’t know if the boy is lost or whether he may have been abducted. He said there is no evidence of domestic problems within the family and described the boy’s parents as cooperative.

http://www.fayobserver.com/news/20180125/search-continues-for-missing-scotland-county-boy

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

Haven't seen any interviews or statements from the mother or grandfather....am I not searching well enough in my Google searches or has it been radio silence from them?

Haven't seen any interviews or statements from the mother or grandfather....am I not searching well enough in my Google searches or has it been radio silence from them?
Mother commented on Facebook page.

Nothing official. Unless you count FB.

ETA: Just saw Henry's comment. - :tyou:

Jan 25, 2018

Capt. Earl Haywood, chief detective of the Scotland County Sheriff’s Office, said law enforcement from Scotland and Marlboro counties, along with the State Bureau of Investigation and the Highway Patrol, searched throughout the night for the boy in an area near his home, which is near Pea Bridge Road and the South Carolina line.

The Highway Patrol and the SBI are using helicopters to search for the boy by air, while other law enforcement and search and rescue teams are looking for him in grid patterns on the ground, Haywood said. Law officers are re-interviewing neighbors, he said.

Haywood said authorities don’t know if the boy is lost or whether he may have been abducted. He said there is no evidence of domestic problems within the family and described the boy’s parents as cooperative.

http://www.fayobserver.com/news/20180125/search-continues-for-missing-scotland-county-boy

BBM: IMO, this is an odd statement considering that the father is being detained by ICE and he is charged with horrible sexual abuse on a child and the mother was also arrested as well.

I'm wondering if the father had family members in the area who may have wanted to take the boy.

If he didn't wander off on his own, and if it's not from within the home, then retaliation for his Dad being in jail? I don't like this. Just awful feeling.

Yet one of the links states footprints found near the pond. Were they from him? From that day? So many questions. Where are u little man!!!!!

This is just so similar to Noah Chamberlain, only I believe he was out walking with his grandmother when he disappeared. Otherwise, similar circumstances- both boys in a grandparent's care, and both boys had/have sisters that were with them just before they wandered off. This case will keep me up for every night he's missing. I can't stand the thought of this poor darling being all alone, especially at night time, if he's still alive.

I believe he may be a Native American. I went down a deep rabbit hole on Facebook last night and the Mom’s family has a lot of Native Pride posts on their pages. Not sure which tribe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for digging! That would certainly explain the early reports.

“He [her father] was in the kitchen cooking and my daughter was in the bedroom, she was in the room playing with him and said he went missing and went outside looking for him but he couldn’t find him,” said Johnson.
Johnson said she left work as soon as her father told her Raul was missing.
“I told him to call 911,” she said with tears in her eyes. “I thought maybe he was just hiding because he likes to hide, but he never stays gone this long he always comes back. If I holler for him he comes back and this time he didn’t come back"
“I just don’t know if somebody took him or if he’s lost in the woods or if something happened to him in the water,” the child’s mother said. “I don’t know, I just want him home.”

I can’t help but feel so bad for this Mom. First she has her boyfriend get brought up on child molestation charges in September- and now her 4 year old is missing??!!
I’m hoping she’s not involved in any of it and just feel such heartache for her [emoji174]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where is this little one?
There is a possibility since he hasn't been found yet, that he could have been abducted after wandering off.
There are a lot of woods around there. Did he like to play in them? Could they broadcast over a loud speaker some music from a favorite cartoon? If he was curious, he may come to the sound.
The footprints by the pond worry me. Could they have been old footprints?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lish311
Back