Found Deceased NC - Raul Johnson, 4, Laurinburg, 24 January 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Report from WRAL

https://www.wral.com/amber-alert-iss...2/?version=amp

Crews on Wednesday night were searching two ponds near the place where Johnson was last seen after police dogs tracked the boy's scent to the bodies of water and authorities spotted barefoot footprints near the ponds.

This doesn't sound good at all...praying this little guys is found safe!

I'm confused about the barn (where separate dogs lost the scent) in relation to the pond where dogs tracked him and police noted bare footprints. Were these during the same search and dogs led them to the pond but the scent continued to and ended at the barn or a separate track where dogs were able to pick up the scent again or ?

Either way, ending at a barn and not being able to track further or ending at a pond, not good I'm afraid :(. But I am definitely curious about the details in how those two areas relate to one another and if it was one search or two and with the same dogs.

And 2 separate dogs at that, on different tracks, if I understood correctly.

That doesn't sound good. That would indicate to me that if he left that area, someone carried him away. That poor child. So we know that he visited the neighbor for cookies, after that, someone saw him walking and didn't bother to call the cops to report it. That in itself is bothering me- how can you see a child by himself like that and not look for an adult around to see if he belongs to them? Would if the poor child was lost- didn't it occur to this person to at least call 911 and follow them until the cops came? I can understand why they might not want the child in their car for fear of kidnapping charges (do a good deed and sometimes get punished for it) but at least keep track of the child until the police get there!

The 6 year old sister was also at home? Why is she not in school on a Wednesday/school day? At 6 years old, she should be in first grade or kindergarten.....

Half day kindergarten is still common in some places.

The boy, who authorities said was barefoot, was last seen on traveling on foot on Village Drive in the direction of Crestline Road in LaurinburgCrews on Wednesday night were searching two ponds near the place where Johnson was last seen after police dogs tracked the boy's scent to the bodies of water and authorities spotted barefoot footprints near the ponds.
Authorities were also searching a nearby wooded area for Johnson.
http://www.wral.com/amber-alert-issued-for-4-year-old-scotland-county-boy/17287122/

“He is not the type of child to just walk off the property and walk four miles down the road where our dogs hit,” said Detective Sgt. Jessica Sadovnikov with the Scotland Ccounty Sheriff’s Office.

K-9 officers, one from Scotland County and one from Richmond County, were used to track the boy’s scent ,which according to Sadovnikov, led from the home three miles down the road, then a quarter mile to a barn in the woods. During separate tracks, the dogs lost the boy’s scent at the barn.

http://www.laurinburgexchange.com/t...rities-search-for-missing-scotland-county-boy

I don't know how to put maps here. If you look at the road he lives on, and was last seen on, and that crestline Rd, there is a huge pond on Crestline

How well does Officer Sadovnikov know this boy? It was previously mentioned that (paraphrasing here)they have dealt with this family a lot/multiple occasions...

Were those dealings mostly in regards to him wandering around the property/getting lost often? Odd that an officer would know a child well enough to be able to predict what is normal or abnormal for them in regards to their wandering.
Realize kids are quick and can get into mischief fast, and 4 year olds can be hard for grandparents to keep up with but.... How many times has this kid wandered or needed the police called to look for him in the past? Seems excessive if it's to the point that officers know their usual wandering habits (all just my own opinion)

AMBER Alert issued for missing 4-year-old in Scotland County

[....]

Raul Johnson is an Indian male, approximately 3 feet tall, weighing 38 pounds. He has black hair, and brown eyes.

The child was last seen wearing white and orange tiger striped shirt with tigers on it and white pants with rocket ships printed on them.

[....]

http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/37...ued-for-missing-4-year-old-in-scotland-county

Why is Raul described as an Indian? His parents' names don't sound Indian to me - Annie Johnson and Carols [Carlos?] Gonzales. Is he adopted?

Praying he is found but it does sound quite hopeless in those temps and without shoes and coat.

I've seen Raul listed as Hispanic on several media pages

I didn't even consider that but you're right....good thinking!
I looked at the school system, and I don't see that school was out for the day. I don't see anything saying K or 1st goes half day either. Maybe she wasn't feeling well, missed the bus, who knows.

Why is Raul described as an Indian? His parents' names don't sound Indian to me - Annie Johnson and Carols [Carlos?] Gonzales. Is he adopted?

Praying he is found but it does sound quite hopeless in those temps and without shoes and coat.

Not sure. In this report he is described as Hispanic.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wr...old-scotland-county-boy/17287122/?version=amp
Raul Johnson is described as being Hispanic, 3 feet tall and weighing 38 pounds.

I've seen Raul listed as Hispanic on several media pages

I believe he may be a Native American. I went down a deep rabbit hole on Facebook last night and the Mom’s family has a lot of Native Pride posts on their pages. Not sure which tribe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What the heck????

from link above:

Kersey said Johnson wandered off from his home on Crestline Drive near Laurinburg just after 11:30 Wednesday morning. He added the boy's grandfather called to report that he was missing.

The boy was wearing a white and orange tiger striped shirt and white pajama pants with rocket ships on them. He didn't have on any shoes at the time he went missing, at around 2 p.m. on Wednesday.

So he 'wandered off at 11:30 am" AND 'he went missing at around 2 pm' -----what does that even mean?

I think it's just a case of poor journalism in that article. This might clear up the different times:
The 4-year-old’s mother, Annie Johnson said she was at work when her father called her at 11 a.m. Wednesday and told her Raul went missing.

“He [her father] was in the kitchen cooking and my daughter was in the bedroom, she was in the room playing with him and said he went missing and went outside looking for him but he couldn’t find him,” said Johnson.

Johnson said she left work as soon as her father told her Raul was missing.

“I told him to call 911,” she said with tears in her eyes. “I thought maybe he was just hiding because he likes to hide, but he never stays gone this long he always comes back. If I holler for him he comes back and this time he didn’t come back.”

Scotland County officers said they began searching for the 4-year-old around 2 p.m.
http://wric.com/2018/01/25/amber-alert-issued-for-4-year-old-boy/

So Grandfather first noticed he was missing about 11 AM.
Perhaps the Grandfather called 911 around 11:30 AM?
The police responded and search started at 2 PM.
That seems like somewhat of a large gap of time but maybe 2 PM is when the Amber Alert went out?
Did anyone local to the area get an Amber Alert on their phone?

Another picture of Raul:
cache.php

http://www.laurinburgexchange.com/t...rities-search-for-missing-scotland-county-boy

Sounds like he is an adventurous little boy. Hope this turns out that he just walked further than usual and is waiting somewhere to be found.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CapeCodTodd
Back