NC NC - Sara Graham, 18, Fairmont, 4 February 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not familiar with her case, where was she located and do you know how long it took to find her? Just curious. This case is odd to say the least. There is nothing out there, just fields and farms around her home. I bet that was one lonely ride to work early in the morning.

The perp was captured on surveillance iirc and apprehended rather quickly. He led them to her body, in a field. IIRC he had driven her around for quite a while.

(I corrected my invalid link in your above quoted post of mine).

More info on BHM's case; the perp was just sentenced to life in prison yesterday!
http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=1172669#.VPigU4rn_MI

In Beverly's case this man, forced her off the road, I assume there was damage to the car. But in Sara's case, do we know if the van had any signs of being forced off the road or hit to make her stop? Many times LE doesn't let us know these things because they don't want false reports or confessions. If she was to stop her van, it would be for a stop sign, a red light, something in the road perhaps, but wouldn't her doors be locked? Dad is LE, so I would think he would try to get her to do that. I don't know, but my van locks up after you hit a certain speed. Why would you stop? Just thinking out loud again.

Those points of reference and the way you see them makes sense to me. Combine that with the location of the Walmart, somewhat apart, a Super Store version. If this person went through some effort to pin location information, like the van placement, the last ping there, could they be trying to get LE's attention away from the Walmart area. That's where she was most exposed. That Walmart Super Store would expose her to people who would find it closer than other Walmarts maybe. If that's where this person may have run into Sara, they may have staged it in such a way to not pull attention in their direction, closer to the Walmart. That is if the van placement near 95 was not done for practical reasons of getting as far as possible as fast as possible, or was it staged to look that way?

I know, the way this is laid out is odd. Think about the time it took to do all of this and you have to remember you are not far from her house, and you have a victim to control also and you don't want to be seen or spotted on the road by any person in another car. They also locked the van and took the keys. ????? I wonder if anyone (other than FBI or LE) has acted this out as if they are the perp and how much time this all took? Good points too BTW.

Not familiar with her case, where was she located and do you know how long it took to find her? Just curious. This case is odd to say the least. There is nothing out there, just fields and farms around her home. I bet that was one lonely ride to work early in the morning.

Assuming Centerville Church Road was her regular route to work. Not sure that's plausible.

I noticed that the phone's last ping was located SE of the home and the van was N of the home, which is odd. It is like they had to back track and the phone's ping, is not in the direction of her work. That is also where they searched for her, where the phone last pinged. If feels like someone wanted to really mislead them as to where to search. Could the phone have been used to get that ping recorded if you will, and then shut off? Perhaps the phone was even tossed out in that direction.

It was reported as "one of the last pings" so it's unclear when it actually pinged there.
http://www.twcnews.com/nc/triangle-...ntinue-to-search-for-missing-18-year-old.html

It was reported as "one of the last pings" so it's unclear when it actually pinged there.
http://www.twcnews.com/nc/triangle-...ntinue-to-search-for-missing-18-year-old.html

I was under the impression that when a phone pinged at a given location, that a time stamp was there. I know there is no way of knowing when the van was left in the field, but the pings should have a time with them. At least there were time stamps on the pings in other cases. Or do you just mean it is not released to us, the public? We would then have no way of knowing which came first the ping or the van.

I noticed that the phone's last ping was located SE of the home and the van was N of the home, which is odd. It is like they had to back track and the phone's ping, is not in the direction of her work. That is also where they searched for her, where the phone last pinged. If feels like someone wanted to really mislead them as to where to search. Could the phone have been used to get that ping recorded if you will, and then shut off? Perhaps the phone was even tossed out in that direction.
Following this logic, Sara may have even been subdued prior to entering the van. And after the parents drove off , Sara may have been transported to the SE location and left there temporarily. Then the person may have dropped off the van and gone back to the SE location.

To do this would take some time, but it's certainly possible.

No witnesses, no cameras, no one paying attention so early out in such a rural area.

Following this logic, Sara may have even been subdued prior to entering the van. And after the parents drove off , Sara may have been transported to the SE location and left there temporarily. Then the person may have dropped off the van and gone back to the SE location.

No witnesses, no cameras, no one paying attention so early out in such a rural area.

Assuming this increases the chances of evidence being deposited by perp/perps.

If this were the case, then there has to be more than one person involved and another vehicle to get from one location to the other. But there really isn't much to go on in this case. Just girl on her way to work and then she is gone and the van left behind and a month to speculate. Hoping for the best outcome for her and her family.

If this were the case, then there has to be more than one person involved and another vehicle to get from one location to the other. But there really isn't much to go on in this case. Just girl on her way to work and then she is gone and the van left behind and a month to speculate. Hoping for the best outcome for her and her family.

The perp could live close enough to walk to the house. And 6 miles isn't that far to run back if you're young, in shape, and motivated. It can be done.

Enjoyed your comments.

I was under the impression that when a phone pinged at a given location, that a time stamp was there. I know there is no way of knowing when the van was left in the field, but the pings should have a time with them. At least there were time stamps on the pings in other cases. Or do you just mean it is not released to us, the public? We would then have no way of knowing which came first the ping or the van.

I meant released to the public. It was reported as one of the last and that's all the detail they gave on the ping. I'm assuming LE knows more details.

And wasn't it just after the info about "one of the last pings" was reported that LE thought/stated she may have left with friends? Am I remembering that right?

It's possible for all of our best efforts we've been running blind alleys in this one. We talked earlier with both parents in law-enforcement, what possible connection could there be to the past corruption within the sheriffs department? But what if the motivation for this lies within the issue of Sara's arrival in a new area very different from her former homes, getting to know new family and neighbors, working with new people and even possibly attending a new school. And by this I mean not just that all this was new to Sara but Sara was new to it. Sarah is not your typical North Carolinian. She grew up in a much different environment and therefore would seem different.

So how could that difference impact her experience. Could it lead to animosities, possibly unknown to her? I wish I knew something more about local customs and habits. What little I've seen is very different than anything I've experienced. It wouldn't surprise me if the same could be said of Sara. And how are the relations between the Lumbee and other residents in North Carolina? Are there any problems there?

And wasn't it just after the info about "one of the last pings" was reported that LE thought/stated she may have left with friends? Am I remembering that right?

I don't understand why, if they have few leads, they aren't releasing as much info as possible about those pings. Something makes them believe she's with a friend, like you said, but what?

I don't understand why, if they have few leads, they aren't releasing as much info as possible about those pings. Something makes them believe she's with a friend, like you said, but what?

Good point and not where my mind has been today. In fact I missed the comment by PJFL completely. Didn't see it.

Law-enforcement did say, "they hoped she had just left with a friend." That may have been the last thing they had to say.

I'm sorry, but nothing that has occurred screams run away to me. This is something else. Not Sara's choice. LE is keeping tight lipped for a reason. I'm sure her dad is very driven to find her.

I'm sorry, but nothing that has occurred screams run away to me. This is something else. Not Sara's choice. LE is keeping tight lipped for a reason. I'm sure her dad is very driven to find her.

Seems like we've never really allowed ourselves to consider this. And your points are well taken. It really doesn't seem that way from just about any point of view. And yet there are some things that could point to this.

What if they have nothing that really points at abduction either?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mzrowdy