NC NC - Sara Graham, 18, Fairmont, 4 February 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing that's noticeably absent in this case, and may be part of the reason for the lack of interest in the case, is comment from the family. The mother, her brother, and the stepmother have all been silent. Apparently the communication they have is through Sara. When you think about that it could put a lot of pressure on Sara. I hope the distance in the family isn't responsible for her disappearance.

One thing that's noticeably absent in this case, and may be part of the reason for the lack of interest in the case, is comment from the family. The mother, her brother, and the stepmother have all been silent. Apparently the communication they have is through Sara's Facebook. When you think about that it could put a lot of pressure on Sara. I hope the dysfunction in the family is not responsible for her disappearance.

BBM
I'm almost certain it is. But I don't think she is missing by her own hand.

A family seems exactly like an archipelago: all part of the same whole but still separate and alone... And always drifting slowly apart.
The Descendants

What if you were the only one trying to hold the parts together and you had been all your life. That would be a lot of pressure.

Define archipelago: a group of small islands or an area of sea in which there are many small islands

A family seems exactly like an archipelago: all part of the same whole but still separate and alone... And always drifting slowly apart.​

What if you were the only one trying to hold the parts together and you had been all your life. That would be a lot of pressure.

Define archipelago: a group of small islands or an area of sea in which there are many small islands

YES. Salient point. I had thought the same. Wondering... IDK... something is weird for me.

A family seems exactly like an archipelago: all part of the same whole but still separate and alone... And always drifting slowly apart.​

That's very poetic actually.

I was that girl in my family. For all my efforts to bring everyone together, sibling jealousies (and the evil twin) were far too powerful, and at the end of the day, the person with the biggest heart and greatest, most honest intentions ended up being the bad guy... a black sheep. if the evildoer is more tenacious and sly than the loving honest one, the outcome will be grim. Betrayal is very familiar to me. It's turns your world upside down. Inner strength and knowing thyself are all you have to cling to in those moments. And no matter how strong, depression is inevtiable.

.oO (I was going to stay out of here, but I can't. I just can't)

Wow. That's very powerful. I can see why missing persons would appeal to you. Yes I worry too about her welfare, about her whereabouts. I hope the people that really matter to this young woman are doing their homework.

BTW: that quote is from a movie, Descendants I believe.

I really feel for you. I know EXACTLY what it's like. I hope you won't stay away; we need you on this discussion.

I was that girl in my family. For all my efforts to bring everyone together, sibling jealousies (and the evil twin) were far too powerful, and at the end of the day, the person with the biggest heart and greatest, most honest intentions ended up being the bad guy... a black sheep. if the evildoer is more tenacious and sly than the loving honest one, the outcome will be grim. Betrayal is very familiar to me. It's turns your world upside down. Inner strength and knowing thyself are all you have to cling to in those moments. And no matter how strong, depression is inevtiable.o

Hugs! I understand how hurtful that is. I hope you will keep posting. I enjoy reading your take on things-- plus you have your WS family here!!!

I hope Sara wasn't subjected to dealing with animosity between her folks. I don't know if it has anything to do with her disappearance, but I feel that kind of situation would make me want to exit, stage left! Poor kid, I hope she is alright...

ETA: She and her Dad did look happy in the photo someone took of them both together. I don't have a clue why, but I don't think Sara left voluntarily.

The reason why I asked upthread if corruption in the sheriffs office was still being investigated is because I thought perhaps that Sara's father may have reported a fellow officer and having Sara taken was payback. Because there was no evidence left behind (that we are privy to) and because there was no sign of struggle as well as it appearing as if someone was easily able to get Sara to pull her vehicle over willingly, could it have been an LE officer who knew how to leave no clues?? IMO and MOO. Just taking stabs in the dark here; don't know how else to approach it since there's so little to go on.

I've also wondered if her Dad was approached by drug dealers to facilitate their activities in some way, but he refused. Taking his daughter would send a clear message to him that they don't like "NO" for an answer. Perhaps the quiet in this case due to LE investigating something along these lines. I definitely could see why police wouldn't advertise who they suspect.

The open and wooded areas belong to farmers , why would the city or state gov spend money to put fences up on peoples properties?

public safety is one good reason. I feel like time have changed in theses rural areas. if they watch the land then someone else has to do it.

Its not good look to have missing people last seen on the land or dead bodies and all sort crazy activities on your property and then turn around say ." I don't know nothing. i cant watch all the land I have". To me its becoming very a tired old excuse.. I'm sorry..

These farmer and land owners need to Man up and get with the times. Criminal do these things in theses area because they are being lazy with the safety of others and the land they own. They can save a lot lives, even their own.

public safety is one good reason. I feel like time have changed in theses rural areas. if they survey the land then someone else has to do it.

Its not good look to have missing people last seen on the land or dead bodies and all sort crazy activities on your property and then turn around say ." I don't know nothing. i cant watch all the land I have". To me its becoming very a tired old excuse.. I'm sorry..

These farmer and land owners need to Man up and get with the times. criminal do these things in theses area because they are being lazy. They can save a lot lives even their own.

The only people responsible for crimes are the perpetrators. Fences and CCTV everywhere is not the answer. Curbing the freedom of the innocent won't stop people committing crime.

I want to know more about Sara herself. Was there anything that made her particularly vulnerable?
I have my suspicions..

I was that girl in my family. For all my efforts to bring everyone together, sibling jealousies (and the evil twin) were far too powerful, and at the end of the day, the person with the biggest heart and greatest, most honest intentions ended up being the bad guy... a black sheep. if the evildoer is more tenacious and sly than the loving honest one, the outcome will be grim. Betrayal is very familiar to me. It's turns your world upside down. Inner strength and knowing thyself are all you have to cling to in those moments. And no matter how strong, depression is inevtiable.

I have never agreed with or felt such a sense of belonging with this post GIGTU. I think we may come from the same family, ;) please don't stay away, I believe we've worn each others shoes if you know what I mean.
I don't mean to come on so strong at times here, but there's certain cases that get to me personally even when I've never met that person and even though I could be Saras Grandmother in age , I still feel a sense of her pain for some reason that may not be known to others, it's just an inner feeling and it can be strong.
Please pardon my sometimes harshness <3

I want to know more about Sara herself. Was there anything that made her particularly vulnerable?
I have my suspicions..

I had my suspicions in re: vulnerability pages ago, but most were dismissive.

A lot of the scenarios put forth seem beyond far-fetched to me.

Lack of eye contact is disconcerting...

Her dad's lack of eye contact???

I have my suspicions..
Please elaborate.

So do we know if Sara ever came to NC for visits before moving there? Did she visit on summer break from school? Or spend any holidays there? How active was Dad in her life? In other words, how well did she know her step Mom and Dad? Were they in her life physically or just through SM or phone calls?

If she hadn't visited NC before, or frequently, then I wonder how well she knew the area? Sure you can know how to get to work, home, favorite place to eat, shop, etc., but still not know the area. Heck, I just found a Maxway in my area and everyone that I've talked to today didn't know it exists! And I've lived in this county my entire 43yrs of life!!!

How many friends did Sara have in NC? How many were close friends, and how many coworkers? Yes I know at 18 some girls tell coworkers more than they do their own parents, so a clue might lay somewhere with them.

I don't know....I've been following this case and could have missed it, but have there been friends and cousins, and others coming forward with anything at all about Sara?

The braces, I am assuming those were braces for her teeth, correct? Photos that show that? Because my thought was leg braces when I heard braces, but that could be because knee braces and leg braces have been a topic among a friend and family member lately, so it's in my subconscious. So do we definitely know it was braces for her teeth? Sorry to sound stupid.

Any mention of a boyfriend? Or a guy friend she had gone to the movies with, hung out with? Where are her circle of friends???

And YES to someone else's post that said what parents perceive in a home, or relationship is not what a teenager always sees. Even though I raised my kids, and was very active in their school life, sports, etc., there was still things I didn't know. Some I still probably don't know. I know my daughter's (19yrs old) core group of friends, the long termers, and her boyfriend, and ex boyfriends, I don't know her coworkers, nor her prior coworkers, nor friends she's made in college. With my son (24yrs old) I know two coworkers, and his girlfriend, and his best friend, but no idea who else he might hang out with. No idea his friends from college either.

I'm surprised the missing poster isn't more specific about her van, her appearance that day, or the fact that she has a tattoo on one of her feet that goes up her leg. This is the least amount of information I've ever seen in a missing person case.

touched by this, GigTu. Ya rock with me, if that means anything.

Sara Graham was reported in MSM to have spoken with her friend in Tx, maybe even as recently as the night before she vanished, and that she had kept in regular touch with friends and family, who all seem on one page and to have been interviewed by LE and in MSM during the first days of the search. They along with her e-trail, scent, have all come up with no sense of where... the silence is hopeful almost, in that LE may know more. I truly hope that it is so. I'm having a hard time wrapping my around the idea that Sara is staying away from her family willingly for this long, based on the information available, of course. Could she have chosen to walk away from an ill-adjusted life in NC to wander the country in something like swap meets without word to anyone for this long? I just don't think she could, but who knows, it would take some anger to do that, it seems to me.

Originally Posted by nycgrl
I have my suspicions..

Are you referring to Sara? To a condition that would have made independent living difficult for her?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member