NC NC - Sara Graham, 18, Fairmont, 4 February 2015 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
... and so, we have it. Another perfect crime. (IMO)

When you have a moment consider this moral dilemma, please. Say Sara left of her own devices never considering that her family could be implicated in her disappearance but glad to be well rid of them. But after she had gone the person she was with turned on her and began to use her, and abuse her, and threaten her safety daily. Then say her family found out where she was. Should they rescue her or let her stew in her own juices seeing that she has now caused harm to them?

When my kids were in high school, I pledged that if they were ever in trouble, especially drinking and driving but other things as well, they could call me and I would come and get them right away, no questions asked. We'd sort out issues of discipline, legalities, and all that later, after I was sure they were safe.

I'd still do that today, even though they're all grown and gone. Even if they had caused trouble for me. I can envision scenarios where repeated promises etc. might require different actions, but even then I'd be inclined to get them out and then address the issues.

Still, if this is a case of abduction or leaving willingly Sara was very skilled at deception and able to make the parents think they had left with her. Or law-enforcement has been deceptive in saying that.

In my opinion, LE is only passing on what they were told by "the parents," who claim to have been the last to see Sara. What proof, if any, does LE have to corroborate or dispute that statement?

I don't remember any pleas and it seems odd to me now that you've pointed it out. Just one more thing to wonder about I guess.

Sara's mother has pleaded for her return several times on her facebook.

Hi Everyone,

Unless we have official word about any missing person's case we continue to list them as a missing person.

Please do not bring over FB information if it is private.

Please do not post rumors or make statements as facts that are anything but factual.

I had to remove a number of posts because of terms of service violations.

Please remember the rules when posting.

Thank you,
Tricia

Sara's mother has pleaded for her return several times on her facebook.

I believe Simlyme was referring to pleas to the general public although her father has said publicly, "Please let me know if you are safe, Sara," or words to that affect.

I believe Simlyme was referring to pleas to the general public although her father has said publicly, "please let me know if you are safe Sara."

Sara's mother has publicly shared the missing poster on her facebook. I would think that would count as a plea to the general public.

:peace:
Sara's mother has publicly shared the missing poster on her facebook. I would think that would count as a plea to the general public.

I'm all for honesty and transparency. I live in peace knowing I stand for truth.

I wish I could be help you, 808paradise, I can tell you this, I haven't forgotten Sara Graham is somewhere out there.

I wish I knew Sara Graham was out there somewhere.

ETA: I don't believe anyone in this discussion group knows Sara Graham is out there somewhere. Maybe we all hope she is. If you DO know please tell the authorities so the families can be notified. They've been through enough already.

The comment that you're replying to comes from a scenario I've had in mind for a while where the daughter slowly deceived her parents into believing she was coming home at nights. She became so adept at this she was able to make them believe she had left shortly before they did in the morning. As far as left together, I don't know.

I've had it in mind, too, Han. Did she make a plan to go back to Texas? Saving her work money while planning how she would leave NC to go back to Texas -- would she stay with Texas friends & risk someone reporting her and her location -- would she just go somewhere in Texas that she had visited and settle down there, hoping her experience with Walmart would help her find a similar job at a Target or other retail business -- it wouldn't be very wise to seek employment at Walmart, IMO. Did she have a friend who would take her to a train or bus station? A cab? An online hookup with someone going to Texas (scary, I know)?

Let's hope she somewhere safe, warm and in no danger.

ETA:
BTW, I was born & raised in Robeson County -- in the county seat -- until I left to go to college. It's a very poor county -- not much industry; factories came in the 60's and closed-up in the 90's. Not a lot of opportunity for someone right out of high school; it's a little better for a college grad. A lot of small farming. Not a lot of things for teens to do.

I've had it in mind, too, Han. Did she make a plan to go back to Texas? Saving her work money while planning how she would leave NC to go back to Texas -- would she stay with Texas friends & risk someone reporting her and her location -- would she just go somewhere in Texas that she had visited and settle down there, hoping her experience with Walmart would help her find a similar job at a Target or other retail business -- it wouldn't be very wise to seek employment at Walmart, IMO. Did she have a friend who would take her to a train or bus station? A cab? An online hookup with someone going to Texas (scary, I know)?

Let's hope she somewhere safe, warm and in no danger.

ETA:
BTW, I was born & raised in Robeson County -- in the county seat -- until I left to go to college. It's a very poor county -- not much industry; factories came in the 60's and closed-up in the 90's. Not a lot of opportunity for someone right out of high school; it's a little better for a college grad. A lot of small farming. Not a lot of things for teens to do.

All the more reason we should ask ourselves why did Sara go there.

This is my first post after several seasons of lurking here on websleuths, so please forgive me for any misdirection.
My first thoughts of this case are that it hits very close to home, not only because I was born in North Carolina but also because like Sara as a young adult I was a very well behaved young lady with excellent grades who was hopeful for bright future. Personally, I feel this was not a crime of opportunity and rather a crime of someone who saw her as an innocent and felt she would be easy to manipulate. This is only, of course, a matter of my own opinion which results from past experience.

This is my first post after several seasons of lurking here on websleuths, so please forgive me for any misdirection.
My first thoughts of this case are that it hits very close to home, not only because I was born in North Carolina but also because like Sara as a young adult I was a very well behaved young lady with excellent grades who was hopeful for bright future. Personally, I feel this was not a crime of opportunity and rather a crime of someone who saw her as an innocent and felt she would be easy to manipulate. This is only, of course, a matter of my own opinion which results from past experience.

:welcome:

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, not a thing said to forgive, especially as I agree with you. Glad you ended your seasons of lurking.

Sara seems especially warm, kind, perceptive and open to people, naturally wise and knowing of how to make feel people feel at ease, that and that she was new the area is what stands out about her to me.

Thank you FindHG for a warm welcome! I admit I am not well adversed to message boards so I am unsure how I will be received. That being said my personal feelings and opinions towards this incident are that Sara probably met someone who convinced her to "skip" her day at work and join him/her on their plans and those plans were nefarious in design . It doesn't particularly make sense that she would leave on her own as she had already moved from one place to the other often (her mother's military history suggest this). It feels as though that line of thinking would be natural to her if not something vocalized if needed. I dunno, perhaps I'm applying to much of personal experience to this situation but I really feel that a girl in Sara's place would have no problem telling her parents that she wanted to go elsewhere.

Thank you FindHG for a warm welcome! I admit I am not well adversed to message boards so I am unsure how I will be received. That being said my personal feelings and opinions towards this incident are that Sara probably met someone who convinced her to "skip" her day at work and join him/her on their plans and those plans were nefarious in design . It doesn't particularly make sense that she would leave on her own as she had already moved from one place to the other often (her mother's military history suggest this). It feels as though that line of thinking would be natural to her if not something vocalized if needed. I dunno, perhaps I'm applying to much of personal experience to this situation but I really feel that a girl in Sara's place would have no problem telling her parents that she wanted to go elsewhere.

I'm so glad to hear you express your feelings because that very scenario had crossed my mind as well. I don't have any reason to base it on at all, besides this little nagging gut feeling that had she done so, as 808paradise mentioned known as 'quite brilliant' to her own, that she would have not turned off her phone willingly. She would have parked her car someplace less nefarious. She would have not left things hanging at work. Those are the catches for me there.

JenaTaoson, welcome again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member