NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, 11/10/09 TRIAL THREAD

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
After reading the tweets on the opening statement - I am almost glad this is not live. I don't think I could take it. My prayers go out to the jury members that will have to listen to what this ________ did to this sweet baby girl. It makes me so angry :( :mad:

Salem

Oh, I was thinking the same thing Salem. I really thought I wanted to see this trial but now I am glad its not being shown. I'm just sick with what I've read... :cry:

Nicole Carr ‏@NicoleCarrABC11 2m
The child who will be called to testify is #ShaniyaDavis' half-brother who knew McNeill came in the home Nov 10, '09, acc.to Davis

GAWH!!! I knew it , I think the Brother will seal this thing!!!!! Yay I was hoping he would testify .........this trial might be quicker than I thought !!!

Tlcya, Just one question .....somehow I have missed how they came to the conclusion that Mom "Gave" her to him?????? where did that fit in????? if he was with Aunt for those Two hours???

Nicole Carr ‏@NicoleCarrABC11 7m
Davis says in hour following #ShaniyaDavis disappearance, the girl's mom "hesitated" to call 911. #ABC11
Followed by Brandon H. Herring

Nicole Carr ‏@NicoleCarrABC11 8m
Davis on #ShaniyaDavis mom to McNeill after 11/10/09:I don't have s--t to say to you.I just want to know where my m'f-- baby is at." #ABC11

Brandon H. Herring ‏@bhherring 10m
State: also evidence of matching dirt where body was dumped & in McNeills car. #ShaniyaDavis

Brandon H. Herring ‏@bhherring 12m
State: can track McNeill to hotel in Sanford with cell signal and hotel video. Know he left with #ShaniyaDavis

GAWH!!! I knew it , I think the Brother will seal this thing!!!!! Yay I was hoping he would testify .........this trial might be quicker than I thought !!!

Tlcya, Just one question .....somehow I have missed how they came to the conclusion that Mom "Gave" her to him?????? where did that fit in????? if he was with Aunt for those Two hours???

Waiting for that little tidbit to reveal itself too sloane.

Brandon H. Herring ‏@bhherring 32s
Defense: so McNeill was just transporting #ShaniyaDavis to a pick-up point to get taken to school by someone her mom knew.

Brandon H. Herring ‏@bhherring 2m
Defense: #ShaniyaDavis mom said that ride was supposed to be to school 'cause she'd missed too many days. McNeill agreed to help

um so did I miss something? Is school in Sanford? This defense makes zero sense?? Anyone else confused?

Brandon H. Herring ‏@bhherring 32s
Defense: so McNeill was just transporting #ShaniyaDavis to a pick-up point to get taken to school by someone her mom knew.

Defense: #ShaniyaDavis mom said that ride was supposed to be to school 'cause she'd missed too many days. McNeill agreed to help

um so did I miss something? Is school in Sanford? This defense makes zero sense?? Anyone else confused?

Brandon H. Herring ‏@bhherring 1m
Defense: McNeill got nervous in parking lot...he's a drug dealer & saw what he thought was security guard. So he got a room w #ShaniyaDavis

Defense: #ShaniyaDavis ride called McNeill to say meet around corner. McNeill left with girl, handed her over and didn't see her again

This should be easy enough to back up with cell phone records. So just as soon as defense backs this little fairy tale up with some sort of evidence this other individual who was magnanimously going to deliver Shaniya to her school actually exists we should be able to wrap this trial up post haste, yes?

{oops deleted regular twitter person tweets}

Brandon H. Herring ‏@bhherring 1m
state's 1st witness Brenda Davis has only set scene. Says she was asleep when McNeill came over. Thought he may have taken #ShaniyaDavis

Brandon H. Herring ‏@bhherring 4m
Defense says the family of #ShaniyaDavis was up to something, and McNeill got caught in middle.

Defense: #ShaniyaDavis ride called McNeill to say meet around corner. McNeill left with girl, handed her over and didn't see her again

This should be easy enough to back up with cell phone records. So just as soon as defense backs this little fairy tale up with some sort of evidence this other individual who was magnanimously going to deliver Shaniya to her school actually exists we should be able to wrap this trial up post haste, yes?

I suppose they have that call on his cell, right!

Nicole Carr ‏@NicoleCarrABC11 1m
State, defense questioned media taping testimony. Our only order is not to live stream. No one is doing that

State brings up media coverage involving tv cameras, still photography in courtroom in#ShaniyaDavis case. judge to revisit his decision. FO_Futch

Nicole Carr ‏@NicoleCarrABC11 51s
Text message exchange between Brenda Davis and McNeill the morning #ShaniyaDavis went missing just read out, viewed in evidence

Nicole Carr ‏@NicoleCarrABC11 1m
State going through pic slides of Davis home, but media, audience can't see it. Proj. screen on our side facing stand

Nicole Carr ‏@NicoleCarrABC11 8m
Brenda Davis back on stand. On photo of #ShaniyaDavis w McNeill: It looks like the clothes she had on before she laid down.

Nicole Carr ‏@NicoleCarrABC11 48s
BD:U been to my house?
MM:no why
BD:U lyin
MM:no can I come tho
text msgs exchanged during time state says McNeill had #ShaniyaDavis

Nicole Carr ‏@NicoleCarrABC11 2m
When they started searching for #ShaniyaDavis, found feces smeared across trailer door handle, railing, front steps #ABC11
Followed by Brandon H. Herring

Nicole Carr ‏@NicoleCarrABC11 4m
When #ShaniyaDavis went missing, her brother, mother, aunt, aunt's boyfriend and their two children were all in the trailer sleeping

Nicole Carr ‏@NicoleCarrABC11 40s
Once search began am of 11-10-09, #ShaniyaDavis brother told aunt Brenda McNeill had been to home. Brenda didn't tell pd right away

Nicole Carr ‏@NicoleCarrABC11 4m
Defense questioning Brenda about #ShaniyaDavis mom's boyfriend, his brother getting into fight w mom p.m.of Nov. 9th. Brenda says no

important to remember that the woman testifying this morning is the aunt of Shaniya (sister of her mother) and sometimes sex buddy of Mario. I am thinking with her sister still facing trial for trafficking her testimony will not include anything regarding the purported willing sale or trade of Shaniya by her mother to Mario. MOO

court is in recess for 20 mins when they return Aunt's boyfriend, Jeron (sp?) will return to the stand.

thank you for posting these tlcya. I don't post on here a lot, but I do get wrapped up in reading cases on here from time to time. This was one of them. I remember that small feeling of hope some of us had when we saw that picture of her still alive at the hotel. Yes, we didn't want to think of what might happen to her there, but some of us had just a little bit of hope that they would find her before anything bad could happen. It was devastating when they found her body. I had to step away for a while after that. I just couldn't wrap my brain around the idea of a mother going along with any of this. I guess I should be thankful that my brain can't "go there".

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hiyaworld
Back