NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, 11/10/09 TRIAL THREAD

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I hope this trial also implicates that sorry excuse for a 'mother.' This killer would not have had this opportunity if she wasn't such a __________ herself. JMO

Posted: 9:47 a.m. today
Brother to testify about Shaniya Davis' life, death

FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. — The prosecution called an 11-year-old boy Wednesday to testify about the life and death of his sister, 5-year-old Shaniya Davis.

The boy was 7 at the time of Shaniya's 2009 murder.

Published: 09:18 AM, Wed May 01, 2013
Day 2 of testimony in Shaniya Davis murder trial begins this morning

http://www.wral.com/prosecutors-can-tell-jurors-how-they-found-fayetteville-girl-s-body/12398684/

YESTERDAY
The jury heard testimony from Jeroy Smith, the father of Brenda Davis' children; Ylanda Thomas, one of Brenda Davis' friends; and Fayetteville Police Officer William Bell, who was tasked with taking the initial missing child report on the child.

http://fayobserver.com/articles/2013/05/01/1254009?sac=fo.local

Is there are link to the sick juror info? please and thanks

I hope this trial also implicates that sorry excuse for a 'mother.' This killer would not have had this opportunity if she wasn't such a __________ herself. JMO

I am guessing the son (Shanyia's brother) is the missing link who knows what he heard, I can't figure anyone in the trailer BUT him that will fill in those blanks on how they found to charge her for trafficking, poor kid must have heard an earful :(

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Michael Futch ‏@FO_Futch 8m
Carleseo Davis, brother of #ShaniyaDavis, testifies he saw DEFENDANT Mario McNeill in trailer morning child went missing.

this reporter is tweeting from court so I don't think the info about it court being cancelled is accurate.

Michael Futch ‏@FO_Futch 3m
Carleseo Davis, brother of #ShaniyaDavis, testifies he saw DEFENDANT Mario McNeill in trailer morning child went missing

(reporter for Fayetteville Observer)

Brandon H. Herring ‏@bhherring 1m
Obviously I'm not in court today. I don't think early testimony will tell anything McNeill doesn't already admit...Like taking #ShaniyaDavis

http://www.fayobserver.com/articles/2013/05/01/1254009?sac=fo.local
Shaniya Davis' brother testifies at Mario McNeill's murder trial this morning
The 11-year-old brother of Shaniya Davis testified this morning that the intruder who entered their trailer in the predawn hours of November 2009 had dreadlocks, a goatee, gold teeth and "was skinny-like."
When a prosecutor later asked Carleseo Davis if the intruder was in the courtroom, he pointed at Mario McNeill, who is on trial for the rape and murder of 5-year-old Shaniya Davis. McNeill could be sentenced to death if convicted of first-degree murder of the child.

Michael Futch ‏@FO_Futch

Tasia McClain, like the slain #ShaniyaDavis, was living in Sleepy Hollow Mobile Home Park at the time of the child's disappearance.

Tasia McClain said McNeill was coming over to have drinks with her in the early morning of Nov. 9 but said she fell asleep #ShaniyaDavis

Tasia McClain, an old friend of defendant Mario McNeill, is being questioned by the state in #ShaniyaDavis case.

http://www.fayobserver.com/articles/2013/05/01/1254009?sac=fo.local
Shaniya Davis' brother testifies at Mario McNeill's murder trial this morning
The 11-year-old brother of Shaniya Davis testified this morning that the intruder who entered their trailer in the predawn hours of November 2009 had dreadlocks, a goatee, gold teeth and "was skinny-like."
When a prosecutor later asked Carleseo Davis if the intruder was in the courtroom, he pointed at Mario McNeill, who is on trial for the rape and murder of 5-year-old Shaniya Davis. McNeill could be sentenced to death if convicted of first-degree murder of the child.

INTRUDER???? That implies he was not invited, this is not making sense where the trafficking is concerned, can someone weigh in on this?

agreed Sloane, I don't know if they simply are not getting into the trafficking until HER trial or what, but they are being tried separately. Maybe the pros doesn't want to tip its hand strategically with too much regarding the trafficking angle during Mano's trial but would rather save that for Antoinette's trial.

Does that make sense?

Michael Futch ‏@FO_Futch 1h
Blanket has multiple suspected stains, 2 possible footwear prints front/back. Testimony ftom forensics expert #ShaniyaDavis

Michael Futch ‏@FO_Futch 1h
Jurors being shown forensics photos of comforter found in trash can in Sleepy Hollow Mobile Home Park in #ShaniyaDavis case.

ABC11 WTVD ‏@ABC11_WTVD 58m
Shaniya Davis' brother testifies in McNeill trial http://bit.ly/16pscRw

agreed Sloane, I don't know if they simply are not getting into the trafficking until HER trial or what, but they are being tried separately. Maybe the pros doesn't want to tip its hand strategically with too much regarding the trafficking angle during Mano's trial but would rather save that for Antoinette's trial.

Does that make sense?

Absolutely it does Tlcya, obviously that little part is making me crazy, I just find it so surreal that you could look at that little face and do something like that, its beyond insane that a mother could! I am well aware of the sick monsters in this world , but daymn, really?

Yeah.
I remember the day those photos were released too.
Oh the hope!
I thought maybe a custody dispute. Maybe MAM was hiding Shaniya for AD.

Boy was I wrong.

:(

I remember, too. I thought Shaniya was waiting for a school bus (my own idea, nothing was ever said about a school bus), and got kidnapped.

And her mother was a single mother -- that touched me (hah!), too.

She was (still is) one of the prettiest children I have ever seen.

I hate to say this but the content of this case is disturbing, no way around that, so I'm just going to say it.

I wonder if Shaniya had been trafficked before that night. :( I suspect that in the past, at least once, her mother gave her to him for this purpose. I think he felt an accord had been reached and she was "on the table" in future.

I suspect that night, McNeil began his games with Shaniya in the mobile home, was concerned about her crying out and making noise bringing unwanted attention. I think he was pizzed none of his F buddies was awake or available so he started with Shaniya, realized someone might awaken and interrupt and so, crept back out of the mobile home with her. I think that is why there was feces on the railing, he wiped his hands along it as he carried her out of there. :(

I also believe that is why she was wrapped in a blanket in the photo of them entering hotel. :(

Once in the room he could finish what he started without so much worry about the noise, cries, or being interrupted. :(

I hate this man so much. So much.

I hate to say this but the content of this case is disturbing, no way around that, so I'm just going to say it.

I wonder if Shaniya had been trafficked before that night. :( I suspect that in the past, at least once, her mother gave her to him for this purpose. I think he felt an accord had been reached and she was "on the table" in future.

I suspect that night, McNeil began his games with Shaniya in the mobile home, was concerned about her crying out and making noise bringing unwanted attention. I think he was pizzed none of his F buddies was awake or available so he started with Shaniya, realized someone might awaken and interrupt and so, crept back out of the mobile home with her. I think that is why there was feces on the railing, he wiped his hands along it as he carried her out of there. :(

I also believe that is why she was wrapped in a blanket in the photo of them entering hotel. :(

Once in the room he could finish what he started without so much worry about the noise, cries, or being interrupted. :(

I hate this man so much. So much.

I think its safe to say this is widely hated, OK so the blanket they found at the trailer,something made me think it was the same blanket he had her wrapped in therefore I was thinking he hurt her at the hotel tried to take her back to the trailer, she passed away maybe he discovered it when he tried to lay her back down, then the feces were on him he took the blanket to a neighbors trash can, to throw them off of his trail, wiping off the feces as he left.........bur your thoughts sound better (or worse, you know what I mean)

I hate even saying this but wouldn't you think an incredible amount of blood would have been at the hotel on the bed??? I would assume so

Yes, I've thought about it too, sloane, but I didn't have the gutz to post it. I'm sure many of us have thought about it. We'll see if anything, other than the hair, comes in as evidence from the motel. Just horrible. Truly a two-legged animal.

Yes, I've thought about it too, sloane, but I didn't have the gutz to post it. I'm sure many of us have thought about it. We'll see if anything, other than the hair, comes in as evidence from the motel. Just horrible. Truly a two-legged animal.
He alone could make me dislike the human race enough to go off the grid for good, thank goodness for all of you guys, I totally would have lost all faith in humans!

ETA: Bordem Lol I think you just insulted animals!

Does that make sense?

I don't know if he is on trial for Human Trafficking or not, but he was charged with it. I can't see them holding anything back when it comes to MAM, but who knows? And the Big Question: Will AD go up on the stand against MAM? And without implicating herself, too? Hmmmmm.

They really need to put on a witness without a "bad" track record if that is possible. We've got the M.E. which will prolly be horrible testimony (for both of them); and the investigators, also bad for them; and the lead detective will be tuff; but is there any neighbor or someone without a record and without an agenda who is a good citizen who will give testimony against them?

But I don't see them holding back -- this trial has barely started.... we'll have to wait & see as usual, tlcya! :waiting:

:justice: for Shaniya

I don't know if he is on trial for Human Trafficking or not, but he was charged with it. I can't see them holding anything back when it comes to MAM, but who knows? And the Big Question: Will AD go up on the stand against MAM? And without implicating herself, too? Hmmmmm.

They really need to put on a witness without a "bad" track record if that is possible. We've got the M.E. which will prolly be horrible testimony (for both of them); and the investigators, also bad for them; and the lead detective will be tuff; but is there any neighbor or someone without a record and without an agenda who is a good citizen who will give testimony against them?

But I don't see them holding back -- this trial has barely started.... we'll have to wait & see as usual, tlcya! :waiting:

HA! OK here's what we got so far that we know in the way of witnesses ; we got Sis who had a one nighter w MAM (ick)
We got her sig other who is the father of her children, who knows sis had a roll in the sack w MAM we got Momster
And we got 3 RSO's living at the park, the only reliable witness is a 7 year old ( kudos to the kid for his testimony) and the rest of the park that we don't know about, I think the forensics will be more than enough for everything but the trafficking- that's the only thing that I worry about and in this case I want every single charge to yield the max on anyone involved and seriously an eye for an eye isn't good enough in this case MO

:justice: for Shaniya

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper