NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, 11/10/09 TRIAL THREAD

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
He alone could make me dislike the human race enough to go off the grid for good, thank goodness for all of you guys, I totally would have lost all faith in humans!

ETA: Bordem Lol I think you just insulted animals!
Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

bbm

Oh, sloane, u r right about that! I slapped the back of my head when I posted it. (I'm a big NCIS fan -- don't worry if you don't get it!)
--------------------

tlcya:
Very fine post above, my friend. Earlier in this horror of a case it was talked that it prolly wasn't MAM's first time with Shaniya. The pic of her in his arms in front of the elevator got it started. I mentioned before my thoughts about Shaniya's simple but telling body language -- she is displaying it with her ankles crossed and her little legs held close together. Did she know what this was all about already? Was she trying to keep herself safe from him? In the only way she knew how? It was so distasteful to discuss, we had a very hard time with it. That's when trafficking was first mentioned in a big way.

And that not-meant-to-be-the-last episode between MAM and Shaniya: Either he got extra-ruff with her, or he re-injured her this last time. It prolly caused her to scream out and he ended it by panic and strangulation or just plain cocaine- and alcohol-induced anger. He was angry before he even saw that child, it would seem, due to his lack of hook-ups with one or another of his women.

Let's hope the FBI has looked into this angle, and let's hope that they plan to press charges against those in this case who may have been involved in trafficking if they have evidence or testimony of it. Was something going on in that trailer that was very, very bad, as the Def Team claims?

I think our anger is still raging on this one, and I think we have all cried a lot of tears and know we will prolly cry more.:stormingmad:
icon8.gif

Oh, I cannot bear to think this horrible inhuman monster had been with Shaniya before that awful night. I know he certainly may have, but it just makes me so sick to even think of it.

I'm a tough old grandmother, but I can hardly bear this. The first night Shaniya was missing, we all sat on her thread in agony for her and worried out of our minds. We listened on the scanner thread for any news. It just got worse from there. Then she became a part of us and always will be.

I will never, ever forget this precious little girl. My granddaughter was stationed at Pope Air Force Base, and her husband was at Ft. Bragg. She helped look for Shaniya. She is out of the Air Force now and they are at Ft. Bliss, Texas. I was telling her the other day about the trial and she said she had wanted to be at the trial and hates she couldn't. She can only follow it in the FayObserver now.

I couldn't sleep so I got up and checked this thread. Shaniya has touched me even more than little Caylee and that is saying a lot. My only consolation is that she is a little Angel never to know any more fear or pain.

Sorry to get so carried away but I just care so much. GB all of you who do.

Yesterday reporters Brandon Herring and Nicole Carr who both have been tweeting the trial were off on a shooting story. I'd hoped to see them tweeting this morning, but nothing from them yet. Michael Futch has sent one tweet.

Michael Futch ‏@FO_Futch 1m
Testimony continues this morning from forensic technician Kenneth Winschel Jr. of Fayetteville police in #ShaniyaDavis case.

her poor brother. I wish his testimony wasn't needed. I hate the idea of him being bullied on the stand. With this group of unusual persons who are his family members there is no telling what horrors he himself has seen/lived in that trailer.

I hope he has good support now but clearly before all this with Shaniya, his life was likely ugly and chaotic in that mobile home.

Michael Futch ‏@FO_Futch 1m
Winschel was at crime scene in Sleepy Hollow Mobile Home Park after #ShaniyaDavis went missing on Nov. 10, 2009. Questions involve blanket.

Nicole Carr ‏@NicoleCarrABC11 15m
Headed into court. Will have to tweet during recess or step out. Judge not allowing it in the courtroom #ShaniyaDavis

Nicole Carr ‏@NicoleCarrABC11

Davenport on if she knew Antoinette was living there:I suspected it.I confronted her (BD) abt it.I never got an answer"#ShaniyaDavis

Brenda passed app process, including background check. Antoinette did not.

Davenport says Brenda Davis and her sister, Antoinette Davis ( #ShaniyaDavis mom) applied for trailer on same day months earlier. #ABC11

Davenport,jury are reviewing surveillance video from night/morning #ShaniyaDavis went missing. McNeill not contesting he was there #ABC11

On the stand now: Brenda Davenport, former property manager of Sleepy Hollow Mobile Park where #ShaniyaDavis lived with mother, aunt #ABC11

I know everyone is worried that MAM may have hurt Shaniya before this incident. Not saying it couldn't have happened, but remember that Shaniya was only in her "mothers" house a short time (3 weeks, wasn't it?).

Sending prayers to her poor brother up on the stand. It will be hard, but keep strong. You are Shaniya's knight, telling her story. People are listening.

Michael Futch ‏@FO_Futch

Surveillance video from Sleepy Holloe Mobile Home Park appears show that car entering, leaving early morning day #ShaniyaDavis went missing.

Forensics technician says he found children'sclothes in backseat of defendant Mario McNeil's alleged black car in #ShaniyaDavis case.

Nicole Carr ‏@NicoleCarrABC11 4m
Headed back in...Comfort Suites employee from Sanford on the stand now #ShaniyaDavis #ABC11

Nicole Carr ‏@NicoleCarrABC11 37s
Frustrated, they called police #ShaniyaDavis #ABC11

When clerk who checked McNeill came back on shift,learned of AmberAlert, 2nd clerk says they called line 5Xs,no answer

Someone, at some point, three the packet away #ShaniyaDavis #ABC11

...brought little clear packet with white residue. Clerk thought it was cocaine, handed off to hotel manager #ShaniyaDavis #ABC11

McNeill checked out.This clerk never saw the child.A housekeeper who cleaned his room, 201,came downstairs to report...#ShaniyaDavis #ABC11

McNeill declined. Clerk: he told me he had to get on the road. He had to get his daughter to VA to meet the mother." #ShaniyaDavis #ABC11

Clerk says he came back down to check out early, get his $100 cash deposit back. She offered him an extension. #ShaniyaDavis #ABC11

The 2nd hotel clerk testifies McNeill came down the a.m of Nov 11 '09 for breakfast, smiled at her, returned to room #ShaniyaDavis

Michael Futch ‏@FO_Futch
Front desk clerk at Sanford's Comfort Suites says defendant Mario McNeill left clear packet w/ white residue in it in #ShaniyaDavis case.

Michael Futch ‏@FO_Futch 2m
Comfort Suites general manager identifies defendant Mario McNeill and #ShaniyaDavis in surveillance video shot early morning Nov. 10, 2009.

I know everyone is worried that MAM may have hurt Shaniya before this incident. Not saying it couldn't have happened, but remember that Shaniya was only in her "mothers" house a short time (3 weeks, wasn't it?).

Sending prayers to her poor brother up on the stand. It will be hard, but keep strong. You are Shaniya's knight, telling her story. People are listening.

I agree with this I think at 5 she would have been sore or in pain for days if this was done before and that maybe it would have been evident if she had old injury I hope!

Oh I would love to know what the housekeeper said on the stand!!! That would answer alot

http://www.fayobserver.com/articles/2013/05/02/1254293?sac=fo.local
Focus of testimony on stop at Sanford hotel in Mario McNeill trial
The night auditor at a Sanford hotel testified today that Mario McNeill checked in there early on Nov. 9, saying he had his daughter with him and wanted to rest before he took the girl to see her mother.
Jacqueline Lee, one of two Comfort Suites employees to testify today in McNeill's murder trial, said she saw McNeill holding a child who was covered in a blue blanket. She said she never saw the child's face but noted the texture of the child's hair was like that of African-Americans.

Oh and Tlcya the way he is holding her in the bend of his arm its easier to hold a kid like that, I just experimented w my 6 yr old every time I picked her up like that she crossed her legs it was just more comfy for her and I didn't tell her what I was doing either, so I am praying she was not hurt before and didn't know what was about to happen, well just started crying again Arghhhhh!

Thanks for going above and beyond with your experiment Sloane ;)

at her age and size tho, I have always found it easier to have children riding my hip at that point. Maybe it could be explained by a lack of experience carrying children but I don't think so because he has baby mamas which means he has kids.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kingcampbell97
Back