NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, 11/10/09 TRIAL THREAD

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
NO problem at ll guys. I would never miss this trial and TheCheese, I hope you enjoyed your afternoon and your lunch. Thanks for all you do on the many threads I am following. It is so appreciated.

Brandon H. Herring ‏@bhherring 2m
This afternoon we've heard from Brenda Davis & her boyfriend. 1st responding officer has just finished testimony

wish I could have heard that testimony from first responder. Have a feeling it will be critical in ANTOINETTE'S TRIAL.

just saw a random tweet about this and thought I would share during this lull in trial tweets

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-5799217-504083.html

Basketball star Shaquille O'Neal was so moved by the horrible fate of 5-year-old Shaniya Davis, who police say was kidnapped, raped, and murdered in rural North Carolina, that he paid for the little girl's funeral.

I know this is one of many reasons I like Shaq so much

just saw a random tweet about this and thought I would share during this lull in trial tweets

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-5799217-504083.html

Basketball star Shaquille O'Neal was so moved by the horrible fate of 5-year-old Shaniya Davis, who police say was kidnapped, raped, and murdered in rural North Carolina, that he paid for the little girl's funeral.

I know this is one of many reasons I like Shaq so much

OT: He dated a friend of mine, when he played for LSU, she said he was so nice and respectful!

Brenda Davis, sister of Antoinette, aunt to Shaniya, on the stand today

15bda050-78fa-4d61-b989-218cc83f9396.jpg

A defense lawyer closely questioned the aunt of 5-year-old Shaniya Davis this afternoon and implied she had changed her story on one point.

Lawyer Terry Alford asked Brenda Davis if she had been boiling water the morning Shaniya was reported missing in order to remove feces from a railing.

Brenda Davis testified that she didn't recall that. When Alford asked Davis if she hadn't told investigators that she had been boiling water, she then said, "I wasn't going to clean it off."

Earlier today, Davis testified that her sister, Antoniette Nicole Davis, screamed at Mario McNeill the day after Shaniya Davis was reported missing in November 2009.

Brenda Davis testified that McNeill had driven to her aunt's house in a four-door black car that she had never seen him drive before. McNeill asked if he could speak to Antoniette, she said.

Her sister came out of the house and screamed at McNeill: "I don't have (expletive) to say to you. I just want to know where my (expletive) baby is," Brenda Davis said.

http://www.fayobserver.com/articles/2013/04/29/1253327?sac=fo.local

West said pubic hairs found on the comforter in a motel room in Sanford matched McNeill's. He also said soil in McNeill's car was consistent with soil found where her body was found. He said metal found in the soil was consistent with metal found in McNeill's car.

some of the physical evidence

So he was naked in a hotel room with Shaniya who was watching cartoons because he was helping out the family by taking her to Sanford to meet the mystery indivual to hand of Shaniya because the mystery individual was going to take her to school, checking into a hotel, you know, cause he was scared when he saw security officer outside.

I know when I am a drug dealer and am scared because I see security, the first thing I do is check into a hotel with a child and proceed to get naked so that my pubes end up all over the bedspread.

pfft

thank you for posting these tlcya. I don't post on here a lot, but I do get wrapped up in reading cases on here from time to time. This was one of them. I remember that small feeling of hope some of us had when we saw that picture of her still alive at the hotel. Yes, we didn't want to think of what might happen to her there, but some of us had just a little bit of hope that they would find her before anything bad could happen. It was devastating when they found her body. I had to step away for a while after that. I just couldn't wrap my brain around the idea of a mother going along with any of this. I guess I should be thankful that my brain can't "go there".

Yeah.
I remember the day those photos were released too.
Oh the hope!
I thought maybe a custody dispute. Maybe MAM was hiding Shaniya for AD.

Boy was I wrong.

:(

http://www.digtriad.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=133399

Reposting arrest warrants, I was trying to double check to see if<Mod Snip> arrest warrant would help me figure where the info on her being given to him was and thought I go ahead and post this article has all arrest warrants someone posted it for me on fb
Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

West said pubic hairs found on the comforter in a motel room in Sanford matched McNeill's. He also said soil in McNeill's car was consistent with soil found where her body was found. He said metal found in the soil was consistent with metal found in McNeill's car.

some of the physical evidence

I hate even saying this but wouldn't you think an incredible amount of blood would have been at the hotel on the bed??? I would assume so

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks so much, The Cheese, tlcya, gracielee, and everyone else who has been posting tweets and other updates from the trial. Work has suddenly gotten a lot busier lately and I come to this thread to stay informed about what's going on in the trial. I really appreciate the time you all have taken to keep us informed.

May justice come speedily for precious Shaniya!

Brandon H. Herring &#8207;@bhherring 27m
Just in case you missed it, the trial of Mario McNeill takes today off for the judge to attend a special event. Resumes Wed

http://www.wnct.com/story/22103076/trial-to-start-in-case-of-nc-girl-killed-in-2009
State argues evidence connects McNeill to murder
The first witnesses in the trial of Mario McNeill testified Monday, after weeks of jury selection and a weeklong delay to evaluate McNeill's mental capacity to stand trial.
McNeill is charged with raping and killing 5-year-old Shaniya Davis in November 2009.
Monday's court proceedings began with a motions hearing before opening statements and testimony. During the hearing, Superior Court Judge James Ammons Jr. said he would allow testimony that McNeill's original defense attorneys shared information that led police to Shaniya's body. Ammons said the prosecution could tell the jury about that information, but only if it was clear the information came specifically from the defense attorneys – not McNeill directly.
That ruling allowed District Attorney Billy West to proceed with his planned opening statement.
"How could this happen to this innocent little angel?" West asked the jury. "The answer to that question sits on the opposite side of the courtroom from you."

http://www.fayobserver.com/articles/2013/04/29/1253327?sac=fo.home
Prosecution touts '21st century case' at Mario McNeill's murder trial
The district attorney prosecuting Mario McNeill in the rape and death of 5-year-old Shaniya Davis in 2009 says the state has a "21st-century case," and the evidence will prove it.
Cumberland County District Attorney Billy West told jurors Monday that evidence will be presented that would not have been available to the prosecution 15 to 20 years ago.
And the evidence, he said, will point to McNeill as the child's

Thanks everyone....

I don&#8217;t think the SOB is getting off,
but I sure hope that<Mod Snip>mom won&#8217;t get off either.

I pray that today will be a good day for the prosecutor fighting for justice for Shaniya. I will never forget that precious little face and the beautiful, innocent child she was.

There HAS to be justice for Shaniya!

:please:

No court today.......juror is ill.
No trial until 9 AM tomorrow!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members