NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ITA
You have every right to be furious, I hope the child is safe and she is locked up.
just as monster mom should have been.

I know you know it is called trafficking. However, to know is just one part of the answer.
We must be vocal, we must contribute, and if and when possible, we must help in every way.
Maybe next year we can walk togther in NYC - it is such a taboo topic that it was hard to get sponsors :(
so taboo that it is IMHO sadly often left on the shelf.

Looking through the website, I noticed SCTNow did have a Wine Tasting event this year in New York City. But it was held 6/15/2011

New York (SCTNow – NYC Wine Tasting)
Date: June 15th, 2011
Time: 7:00pm
Cost: $65 (minimum donation)
Experience wines from around the world and network with young professionals, philanthropists, and socialites all the while supporting SCTNow in their efforts to fight child trafficking!! Enjoy an assortment of 20 flavorful wines and light appetizers, not to mention a special treat to take home from Bacchus and more!

Bacchus events are a great opportunity to experience an interesting variety of wines in a fun and casual party-like atmosphere.

Bacchus Wine Address:
2056 Broadway
New York, NY 10023
(212) 875-1200

Community Walks/Runs for Fall 2011
Canada (Ontario)
California (Orange County and San Francisco)
Colorado (Colorado Springs and Denver)
Florida (Ft. Lauderdale, Jacksonville, Tallahassee, and Tampa)
Georgia (Atlanta and Augusta)
Illinois (Northwestern Chicago and Montgomery)
Kentucky (Columbia)
Minnesota (St. Peter)
Missouri (Kansas City)
North Carolina (Chapel Hill, Fayetteville, and Raleigh)
Nevada (Las Vegas)
Ohio (Dayton and Youngstown)
Oklahoma (Tulsa)
Oregon (Eugene and Portland)
Pennsylvania (Philadelphia)
Tennessee (Clarksville)
Texas (Austin, Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, and Midland-Odessa)
Virginia (Potomac @ Alexandria)
Washington (Richland and Seattle)

Here are a couple of special events coming up...

North Carolina (Fayetteville Hair and Runway Fashion Show)
Where: REJOICE! Studio @ Tallywood Shopping Ctr.
Raeford Road, #223
Fayetteville, NC 28303
When: August 13, 2011, 7:00 PM
Key Note Speaker: William Buehner of SCTNow
Hair & Make-up Artist: Paul Mitchel the School
Head Fashion Designer: Andre Thornton
Other Designers: Small Business Merchants

Oklahoma (Tulsa Golf Tournament)
Date: July 18th, 2011
Start Time: 7:15am
Tournament Format: 4 Player Scramble
Team Entry (4 Member): $600
Individual Entry: $150

Looking through the website, I noticed SCTNow did have a Wine Tasting event this year in New York City. But it was held 6/15/2011

New York (SCTNow – NYC Wine Tasting)
Date: June 15th, 2011
Time: 7:00pm
Cost: $65 (minimum donation)
Experience wines from around the world and network with young professionals, philanthropists, and socialites all the while supporting SCTNow in their efforts to fight child trafficking!! Enjoy an assortment of 20 flavorful wines and light appetizers, not to mention a special treat to take home from Bacchus and more!

Bacchus events are a great opportunity to experience an interesting variety of wines in a fun and casual party-like atmosphere.

Bacchus Wine Address:
2056 Broadway
New York, NY 10023
(212) 875-1200

I KNOW and I did post it somewhere maybe in the child trafficking thread.
It is in my neighborhood and I was there..

But so many more people came for the walk last year.
I hope next year there wil be a sponsor.

I KNOW and I did post it somewhere maybe in the child trafficking thread.
It is in my neighborhood and I was there..

But so many more people came for the walk last year.
I hope next year there wil be a sponsor.

BBM: what sort of sponsorship is in need, song? Perhaps we can help. I know of several philanthropists in your area. Or do you need something like a location?

Tonight

http://sctnow.org/

TWEET on the side of the screen:

SCTNow Hey NYC join us at #MomPreneurs Against #HumaTrafficking Benefit Tonight for @SCTNow http://bit.ly/iogzMe

This is the site for more info on the event:
http://maht2011.eventbrite.com/

1694270609-2.jpg

Tuesday, June 28, 2011 from 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM (ET)
Pranna NY
79 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10016

An of evening of fundraising, cocktails, desserts, live music, dancing, product viewings, networking, raffles and social networking will commence at 6:00PM Tuesday, June 28 at Pranna NY (79 Madison Ave between E. 28th and E. 29th ST) for the “1st Annual MOMpreneurs Against Human Trafficking” Benefit for Stop Child Trafficking Now.

MOMpreneur's Against Human Trafficking was created by six MOMPreneurs and Mahogany Communications to bring attention to the power of women in today's society and will use their powerful voices for a little social good.

100% of the proceeds will be donated to SCT NOW.

Join us for an evening to celebrate women in business making a difference.

ALL ARE WELCOME TO ATTEND!

***the site has a place to donate if you are unable to attend.

BBM: what sort of sponsorship is in need, song? Perhaps we can help. I know of several philanthropists in your area. Or do you need something like a location?

Oria – Thanks so much for your open and willing spirit.
I am not exactly certain. I got an e-mail that told me that there would not be a walk due to NO sponsorship.
I think getting a walking strip in NYC is not the issue, I think that it does cost money to pull off and it requires several sponsors.
But I am not 100% on what exactly is needed.
I can try to find out and I will reach out to find out.

Tonight

http://sctnow.org/

TWEET on the side of the screen:

SCTNow Hey NYC join us at #MomPreneurs Against #HumaTrafficking Benefit Tonight for @SCTNow http://bit.ly/iogzMe

This is the site for more info on the event:
http://maht2011.eventbrite.com/

1694270609-2.jpg

Tuesday, June 28, 2011 from 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM (ET)
Pranna NY
79 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10016

An of evening of fundraising, cocktails, desserts, live music, dancing, product viewings, networking, raffles and social networking will commence at 6:00PM Tuesday, June 28 at Pranna NY (79 Madison Ave between E. 28th and E. 29th ST) for the “1st Annual MOMpreneurs Against Human Trafficking” Benefit for Stop Child Trafficking Now.

MOMpreneur's Against Human Trafficking was created by six MOMPreneurs and Mahogany Communications to bring attention to the power of women in today's society and will use their powerful voices for a little social good.

100% of the proceeds will be donated to SCT NOW.

Join us for an evening to celebrate women in business making a difference.

ALL ARE WELCOME TO ATTEND!

***the site has a place to donate if you are unable to attend.
Thanks for this one, I did NOt know about this.
:( sadly I have 2 classes tonight, and can not go. (I study Kabbalah)

Oria – Thanks so much for your open and willing spirit.
I am not exactly certain. I got an e-mail that told me that there would not be a walk due to NO sponsorship.
I think getting a walking strip in NYC is not the issue, I think that it does cost money to pull off and it requires several sponsors.
But I am not 100% on what exactly is needed.
I can try to find out and I will reach out to find out.

Sounds like a plan. :)

Depending upon the part of the city the walk would likely be held in, perhaps there is a restaurant (or other businesses) that would be willing to sponsor-either at the beginning of the walk, the end of- or both? Perhaps even along the way, businesses might be able to sponsor with a 10% off or something to support SCT?

The more people made aware, the better. Do you know the NYC route planned?

Sounds like a plan. :)

Depending upon the part of the city the walk would likely be held in, perhaps there is a restaurant (or other businesses) that would be willing to sponsor-either at the beginning of the walk, the end of- or both? Perhaps even along the way, businesses might be able to sponsor with a 10% off or something to support SCT?

The more people made aware, the better. Do you know the NYC route planned?

I wish my memory still worked :) NOT. Last year we had huge companies sponsoring the walk, cant remember who.
The walk is usually a 5-mile walk, last year we walked towards the River and then headed down past the piers.
(To me it felt like we were out of sight) The other walks are more central. (they hid us) :(
THAT IS HOW TABOO this topic is, :( even the walk was at the fringe of the city.
ONE TV station cover us. Other walks get all the stations or at least many more.
However, the sponsors were big - IT costs a lot to pull it off: Advertising costs, T-Shirts cost, paper handouts cost, and on and on.
I do not think a restaurant is the vehicle for a walk like this.
I think people like Nike sports, Poland spring water, Soap firms. Like that...
SADLY - not to many firms want to be associated with this subject because every time you think of them
you may think about a horror story, which is why for marketing reasons it is hard to get sponsors.
(I am a marketing person - you want to leave the consumer with happy thoughts - even if the sponsor is doing good
the public will remember the harsh so marketing is tricky that way.)

But I will be happy to start looking into what sponsoring would entail, I am open to miracles.
I will keep an open mind about this :)

TODAY MY BROTHER BECAME CANCER FREE - THANK YOU GOD - PRAYERS DO WORK.

I believe in miracles :) :) Rememba that good ol song :great:

TODAY MY BROTHER BECAME CANCER FREE - THANK YOU GOD - PRAYERS DO WORK.

I believe in miracles :) :) Rememba that good ol song :great:

<snipped>

Oh Song I am so glad for your brother, and you! Yay!!!!

<snipped>

Oh Song I am so glad for your brother, and you! Yay!!!!

Thank you so much - one challenge down and 2 more to go...Poor guy has too many health challenges.

I believe in miracles. :)

Thank you so much - one challenge down and 2 more to go...Poor guy has too many health challenges.

I believe in miracles. :)

Miracles make the world go 'round.

Flowers grow even in the path of destructive tornadoes...

I'll ask Shaniya's flowers to shine brightly on your brother, and perhaps her light will help carry him through his future challenges. :blowkiss:

I'm outraged that there still has been no indictment and no trial date set. GET ON WITH IT!!!

I live in N.C. and haven't even heard about this. I will be following it now.

I'm outraged that there still has been no indictment and no trial date set. GET ON WITH IT!!!

Indictments are expected within the next 2-3 months per the article below.

http://www.fayobserver.com/articles/2011/06/08/1099833?sac=Local

One, neither McNeill nor Davis are guilty of any charges they face in this child's death.

Not yet.

They stand accused.

Two, indictments are expected, according to Cumberland County District Attorney Billy West.

"We are going through the files," says West, who adds that evidence has been in the hands of numerous law enforcement agencies - hence, the delay.

But West expects indictments within the ensuing three months.

"I'd say to expect them this summer," he says.

Among the agencies reviewing the evidence is the Fayetteville Police Department, which charged McNeill and Davis.

"It's such a lengthy case," says Police Chief Tom Bergamine.

He says you could fill wheelbarrow after wheelbarrow after wheelbarrow with the case files.

They say, Ms. Swartz, that the wheels of justice turn slowly, but apparently they are turning ... just not fast enough for many who are concerned about the heinous death of an innocent little girl.

BBM

ETA: I feel much better after reading this. :smile: May they rot.

ETA again: I am crying tears of joy right now! I feel like running outside and screaming - JUSTICE IS COMING BABY GIRL!!!!
I hope everyone can stay positive. She is NOT forgotten! They ARE working hard for justice. It's coming.
Praise God.
:woohoo:

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/9826518/

Mother of slain Fayetteville girl charged with murder

Fayetteville, N.C. &#8212; The mother of a 5-year-old Fayetteville girl who was killed almost two years ago was indicted Wednesday in her death.
A Cumberland County grand jury indicted Antoinette Nicole Davis, 27, of 607 Mechanic St., on charges of first-degree murder, indecent liberties with a child, felony child abuse, felony sexual servitude, rape of a child, sexual offense of a child by an adult offender, human trafficking and making a false police report.

Maybe justice for SHANIYA!

I don't know why the wheels of justice are working so slowly on this case, but I am thankful that the mother has been indicted. This is as horrific a thing as I have ever heard of. God bless little Shaniya.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay