NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #28

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fly high with the angels sweet Shaniya. Such a sweet precious little girl who deserved to live a long happy life. Shaniya changed my heart and perception of the world forever.

God bless you, sweet little one. We will never forget you.

I agree. I know they have to edit, but I agree.

This poor little beautiful babygirl has been failed by everyone who should have taken care of her.

And I agree that the people in Antoinette's home knew damn well what went on in that home.

I agree.

And sadly, we are left at this point comforted only by the fact that there are complete strangers who are and have been 'taking care' of Shaniya, since her murder. Why not in life?

Shaniya, I hope wherever you are, you know the incredible impact you left on this world.

We are all better people, more vigilent, and more loving because of your short life here on earth.

Gardens and playgrounds are springing up everywhere for you, little one.

I don't post much because this case in particular just breaks my heart. I have followed lots of cases on WS but this one truly haunts me. I couldn't sleep while Shaniya was missing, wondering where she was, if she was cold or hungry. I still don't know why this case affects me the way it does. I feel such a profound sadness every time I read on this thread. I am hoping and praying for justice for Shaniya and peace of mind for those who truly love her.

Someone posted this for Shaniya back when her body was found. I don't remember who posted it but I hope it is ok to post again.

Such a little girl
Living grown up dreams
Shooting for the sky
With a smile and eyes that beam
Her living an example
Her death was a surprise
Heaven's latest angel
Finally gets to fly.

She touched so many lives
She made us see the light
Dreams are only dreams
Unless we live them day and night
Her life here may have ended
But her soul will never die
Heaven's latest angel
Finally gets to fly.

Nothing left to ground her
Spirit ... finally free
The world hers' to discover
"From sea to shining sea"
Yearning for the blue skies
As she waves one last good-bye
Heaven's latest angel
Finally gets to fly

Someone posted this for Shaniya back when her body was found. I don't remember who posted it but I hope it is ok to post again.

Such a little girl
Living grown up dreams
Shooting for the sky
With a smile and eyes that beam
Her living an example
Her death was a surprise
Heaven's latest angel
Finally gets to fly.

She touched so many lives
She made us see the light
Dreams are only dreams
Unless we live them day and night
Her life here may have ended
But her soul will never die
Heaven's latest angel
Finally gets to fly.

Nothing left to ground her
Spirit ... finally free
The world hers' to discover
"From sea to shining sea"
Yearning for the blue skies
As she waves one last good-bye
Heaven's latest angel
Finally gets to fly

Thank you, that is beautiful.

I still see her in the beautiful white dress....
Then I think of that holding her by the elevator.
Too cowardly to pick on someone his own size,
Like a baseball bat on the "mother".

Fly Sweet Baby.xoxox.

I've been thinking about this case a lot lately. Must be the season. Prayers for her and for all the little ones in these situations.

Here is a nice editorial I found in the Fayetteville Observer about justice and little Shaniya.

http://fayobserver.com/articles/2011/10/10/1128467

I did not know that MAM's trial was supposed to be held at this time. Or maybe I misunderstood someone's post.

Anyway, I could not find any reference to it at all in the Fay. Observer. I did a search on "Mario McNeill" and then "Shaniya Davis," and that's where I found the editorial. The Cumberland County Court Docket does not have MAM's (or AD's) name listed , and the list goes out for about 10 business days. If there is a trial at this time, I would like to know about it, so someone let me (us) know, please, where it is being reported and held.

Or am I just nuts (not all that unusual!)??:waitasec::crazy:

I sent an email out this afternoon to the Fayetteville Observer asking them to please cover the trial and I received a response tonight. Thought I would share it with you.

On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 6:04 PM, Matt Leclercq <leclercqm@fayobserver.com> wrote:

Thank you for your inquiry. The trial has not begun. We will certainly cover the trial when it happens, along with any other developments that arise in the case.

Matt

I'm here Shaniya. Waiting for your justice.

I sent an email out this afternoon to the Fayetteville Observer asking them to please cover the trial and I received a response tonight. Thought I would share it with you.

So they bumped the docket? Two days in a row when listed as argument days? Very, very confused. Maybe I will drive up on Monday and see. :waitasec:

Thanks for sharing that response, JeannieC.

Here is a nice editorial I found in the Fayetteville Observer about justice and little Shaniya.

http://fayobserver.com/articles/2011/10/10/1128467

I did not know that MAM's trial was supposed to be held at this time. Or maybe I misunderstood someone's post.

Anyway, I could not find any reference to it at all in the Fay. Observer. I did a search on "Mario McNeill" and then "Shaniya Davis," and that's where I found the editorial. The Cumberland County Court Docket does not have MAM's (or AD's) name listed , and the list goes out for about 10 business days. If there is a trial at this time, I would like to know about it, so someone let me (us) know, please, where it is being reported and held.

Or am I just nuts (not all that unusual!)??:waitasec::crazy:

You're not nutz we're all equally confused on this one...so glad JeannieC thought to email the Observer (and share), I've been looking for any new info daily.

OMG, the online NC court system is really not user friendly in any way at all. I wonder if the media is confused also?? I'm going to try and figure this out tomorrow morning.

I sent JTSYS on a mission to figure out the situation with MAM's court dates. Let's hope we can get it straightened out.

Still perplexed on this end. No coverage, but still on the superior court docket which according to NC would be prosecution/defense days.

Shout out to any NC defense attorney?

Still perplexed on this end. No coverage, but still on the superior court docket which according to NC would be prosecution/defense days.

Shout out to any NC defense attorney?

Would a call to the SA's office clear things up? The prosecutor in a case I followed in CA has always been great about about keeping us updated/informed.

Thanks for your assistance Oriah, no media if this trial is moving forward makes no sense, but go figure!

Would a call to the SA's office clear things up? The prosecutor in a case I followed in CA has always been great about about keeping us updated/informed.

Thanks for your assistance Oriah, no media if this trial is moving forward makes no sense, but go figure!

I'll give it a shot, LCoastMom. I am scratching my head on this one. Never had this happen before. Beginning to wonder if they had some sort of crazy last minute change of venue and a gag order? Can they do that? Or else I'm just an idiot and they've bumped it and the docket is just...wrong? One sure thing, no one's talking. :waitasec:

Had to leave a message. We'll see if/when someone gets back to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member