NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hadn't thought of MC never seeing the person....perhaps they have surveillance footage of someone leaving with a big suitcase...or of some of the cars in the parking lot...it wouldn't be much...but in the very least...it's something.
I'd like to know just where the cameras are located in that motel, and if there are any in the parking lot. MOO

Without a doubt all employee's have been checked. But a room/s had to be "secured" by a credit card, albeit a stolen credit card in this instance...but that means someone had to check in and have contact with the hotel desk employee. when checking in. An employee doesn't need to check in...and has access to the whole darn hotel. Also, thoughts on why MC waited an entire hour before he left. Do you suppose he was asked by the "mule" to wait an hour before he left?

To me at least, it would look very strange for someone to check in with a small child at six am in themorning.

Thoughts on the fact that the "mule" could have very well been a hotel employee? They have keys to everything...and they could have easily taken her out in a laundry cart...food for thought.

Yes, the mule could have very well have been an employee but it's highly unlikely...they are usually very careful not to leave a trail of any kind. Not employment records, hotel registries, license plates etc. If a room was secured at the hotel for the mule it was done by someone other than the mule, someone with a disguised appearance and fake id. The room was paid for in cash and the key was collected by the person checking in a passed off to the mule. The mule may have arrived as a male and left as a female or vise versa. Unfortunately I'm thinking that a specific room or floor may have been requested due to the knowledge of the lack of surveillance cameras in that area. I hope I'm wrong on that one and that there are camera's all over that place. Sadly I believe we have all at one time or another traveled with or walked right past a mule. We would never know or even suspect.
DH worked counter narcotics in Panama and it is absolutely horrifying some of the stories he has told. One, of a child who had been killed, her body stuffed with drugs, she was wrapped in a blanket and cradled in a woman's arms as she traveled through customs. Who would have ever suspected the sleeping baby was dead and was being carried by a mule. There were many people around and no one suspected until counter narcotics agents arrested her. Very, very sad. Sorry to be so graphic.

Some hotels you can reserve your room online and pay online...easy to do with a stolen credit card, you put it all in the system and they deduct it before you get there. Don't know if this hotel offers that service, but it makes it easier to get in, become untraceable after you leave, and by the time the charges come up on a bill for someone, the actual perp is long gone.

Yes, I've done this several times but in my experience, you have to show your credit card and id at the time of check in.
Maybe that's not everywhere, but it was like that everytime I did that.

I'm about to have a drink, and I don't drink anymore.
Today has reminded me that I am a recovering addict, and always will be.
I guess it's one more thing I can angry about.

Some hotels you can reserve your room online and pay online...easy to do with a stolen credit card, you put it all in the system and they deduct it before you get there. Don't know if this hotel offers that service, but it makes it easier to get in, become untraceable after you leave, and by the time the charges come up on a bill for someone, the actual perp is long gone.

True, but you need to check in to get a key...and you need to provide the card you used to pay for the room for verification. At that point, you have the option of using the same card or giving them another on for incidentals.

When we read charges of human trafficking I automatically think of large underground, global, prostitution rings. I'm not arguing they obviously exsist but is it possible this was not as deep as we think? What if Shaniya was handed off to just one person, intended to keep her? Possibly someone mom does know.

I'm not even sure I believe it as I type it, and it may make no difference except possibly easeir to track her down?

This is possible but upon check in you would hand over Driver's Lisence, credit card used and vehicle info.
Done it before many times.

You know NMK, I think you are absolutely correct - LE say they don't know where she is but betcha they have a good line on where she is and the Marshalls are just waiting for the right moment. If they weren't on the tails and really RIGHT on their tails, I don't think they would have broke this news on this night.

Your thoughts are right on target .... or else we are both in left field.

I agree. I doubt they would have made this public otherwise.
.............but why such low bond?
Also, some states I thought do have HT as FED offense--pretty sure TX does--but need to look up others. Hope NC does!

Was Shaniya in kindergarten? Seems as though the father would not have uprooted her after just starting kindergarten?

ETA: I know this isn't important at the moment but my brain is scattered. Sorry.

I'd like to know just where the cameras are located in that motel, and if there are any in the parking lot. MOO

I have traveled for many years for business and pleasure and sometimes you can actually see the multiple cameras behind the desk clerk as you are checking in. I have noticed that the elevator areas and the side doors are definitely covered, also the vending and ice machine areas, swimming pool. I have seen that at the elevator areas on some of the cameras, that the hallways for a long ways were visible. I'm hoping that this hotel had this much coverage. Of course, at this time we already know that LE have accessed and processed the actual room that McNeill and Shaniya were in. Dogs alerted on towels in the room..

Anyone live close to this hotel or want to call and ask about security cameras? I'm considering it.

To me at least, it would look very strange for someone to check in with a small child at six am in themorning.

McNeil may have never checked in. Perhaps just walked to the elevator to go to where he needed to go. McNeil may have already had the room number and didn't need to ask anyone at the desk.

I'm about to have a drink, and I don't drink anymore.
Today has reminded me that I am a recovering addict, and always will be.
I guess it's one more thing I can angry about.

Don't let this case do this to you. Take a break. I'll drink for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beeaimee