NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Fayetteville, 10 Nov 2009 - Allegedly sold by mother #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to go express myself on paper. And I will not be nice.
And then I will take that letter written to whoever, and I will take it outside and I will burn it. And as the ashes drift skyward, maybe it will remind me that pain is only temporary, and that opinions and circumstances change.

Each and everyone of us can do something in the memory of this beautiful little girl. Her death need not be in vain. We can all do something for a needy child this week in her name, for her.

Don't just drop a toy in the local charity box. Look around you, we all know of a family in need. Ship something anonymously, do something out of your ordinary.

I am totally respecting Tricia's wishes so please don't anyone quote anything I said in the past and pose it as a question to me. I will not answer it.

Today I found peace in a beautiful sunny fall day.
We went to the farm, enjoyed God's creatures.
My granddaughter gathered eggs, we played.
My grandsons were out in the barn with their dad and grandpa.
I thanked God for my wonderful life and prayed that
every child could have these innocent pleasures.

Inappropriate? Is it inappropriate to rage against her murder and against those who allowed it?

When is the right time to be enraged if not on the day that the child is thrown into a hole and covered with dirt???
Not at a funeral... all week long is the right time.

Just wanted to say that although we have varying opinions I beleive we are all here for the same reason.
Shaniya has touched our hearts and she will never be forgotten.
God bless her and her family and loved ones.

I hope y'all all have a great night.

I have a feeling she had to be clean to get the job she had then along the way between urine test relapsed. Her next sreening would have caught it.

She was hired by the staffing agency in 2008 and probably had the drug screen at that time. Unless the client specifically requests, they do not require subsequent rescreens.

R.I.P. sweet Shaniya

you have touched the hearts of many

and many will be fighting to help get you justice

Sorry, snark. I am frustrated myself.

IMO, this is all happening because we are all thrown together without a forum.
Usually there is a thread for prayer & candles.
While other threads are for sleuthing and crime.
We are just running around with no organization.
Other sites are getting forums.
That helps things be sorted out.
This is a mess, IMO

Just wanted to say that although we have varying opinions I beleive we are all here for the same reason.
Shaniya has touched our hearts and she will never be forgotten.
God bless her and her family and loved ones.

I hope y'all all have a great night.

If there is one thing that we can all agree on, I hope it is Shaniya's complete innocence. I won't pretend to understand why this was allowed to happen, but I do believe that it happened for a reason. Who knows how many children might be saved by the awareness raised by this case?

I pray that people who have read about these events will assert themselves when they witness signs of possible child abuse, and make the choice to intervene and report any circumstances that concern them to the proper authorities. I am a mandatory reporter by law, but I wish that all adults were mandatory reporters, and required to relay any legitimate concerns about the welfare of a child to authorities.

She was hired by the staffing agency in 2008 and probably had the drug screen at that time. Unless the client specifically requests, they do not require subsequent rescreens.
I forgot about the staffing agency, I know alot of nursing homes here in Illinois have random test to weed out users who might injure or steal from a patient.

Child negligence is a crime. I will not be surprised if he ends up being charged.

I'm curious - are you a parent?
Are a married parent?
Have you ever been a single parent?

You don't actually need to answer any of my questions, and I'm not really picking on you. I'm just responding to your post directly, even though I see the same theme over and over.

As a single mom - I would be terribly dishonest if I didn't admit there were times that I would have fallen on the floor in gratitude if the deadbeat would have shown just a little interest in being a dad to THIS child.

Relationships and "hook ups" that turn into children are complicated and ugly, there are always issues and dishonesty that continues. Mine was not quite a one night stand but not a relationship either - he always did just enough that it made me think he cared for almost 2 years. Now I know it was just to protect what he had, and the lies he had spun.

I guess I can totally see how BL would have thought - OK I have done the right thing, Shaniya is now in school, there's enough people that even though it may not be ideal, she'll be ok, my sister can check on her - it's about time for AD to step up." You will never convince me he knowingly put her in this type of harm's way. There's no way he knew she had it in her to sell her child, or make her child available for this type of ravaging.

He may say that the Lord is in control and will handle it - but I don't believe for a second that he wouldn't take matters into his own hands if McNeil was right next to him.

There's no evidence of so many rumors that have been floated by - I think we just have a hard time wrapping our head around that a mom could do that and we have to hold someone else accountable too. I think there's plenty of room to go around, with BL being out of town though - I think it falls on other adults who should have called the police and CPS and kept calling.

The blame squarely belongs to AD, McNeil, and I believe any adult who has been in that trailer in the last 6 weeks or so.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4473613#post4473613"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

For Shaniya...if there is already one of these threads, let me know, so I can delete this one. I looked and searched, but didn't find one yet.

If there is a memorial thread let me know, so I can delete or have a mod delete this one. Sometimes the search function doesn't catch brand new threads.

Today I found peace in a beautiful sunny fall day.
We went to the farm, enjoyed God's creatures.
My granddaughter gathered eggs, we played.
My grandsons were out in the barn with their dad and grandpa.
I thanked God for my wonderful life and prayed that
every child could have these innocent pleasures.
Thank you for sharing ~ it's what every child deserves.

I forgot about the staffing agency, I know alot of nursing homes here in Illinois have random test to weed out users who might injure or steal from a patient.

Yes, but I think working in the kitchen might be different. I work for a large corp. and, while we require drug screens for full-time, don't for temporary employees because all liability rests on the agency.

Yes, but I think working in the kitchen might be different. I work for a large corp. and, while we require drug screens for full-time, don't for temporary employees because all liability rests on the agency.

That makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members