NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Fayetteville, 10 Nov 2009 - Allegedly sold by mother #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Police spokeswoman Theresa Chance said the family has a history with the Department of Social Services as far as custody of Shaniya and other children in the house.

Chance said police also have been called to the home before. Officers served a search warrant at the home over the summer and found various illegal drugs inside.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/6397519/

Does this refer to the time they were living in the mh? Does anyone know?

No, apparently Ms. Chance miscommunicated some information initially. As this article issued later corrects that statement.

A search of court records turned up no previous criminal charges against Davis, but she lived at a home on Wall Street in July that police raided. Officers found "narcotics manufacturing materials" in the house, but no one was charged, according to an incident report.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/6444454/

If I am remembering correctly, the warrant was served on Wall St. (or maybe it was another address). They weren't yet in the trailer. I believe they found drug paraphernalia, but no drugs in the house at the time. It's seems like nobody was charged (could be wrong about that).

Correct, according to this article: http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/6444454/

Good morning and Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Random thoughts >>

>>> Love Shaq, bless him...when he played for Miami he was an auxillary officer...he is a lic police officer...they had to make a huge uniform for him LOL
I remember one time on his way to a practice he witnessed a mugging and took off after the creep and caught him....owww...imagine big Shaq grabbing you lol

He does a LOT of charity work, works with kids, LE, wonderful guy!

>>> Since Shaq so generously stepped in, there is NO need for BL's "fund" or foundation right?? They said "excess" would be sent to established kids charities..so how do we make sure that happens??

>>>> IF that is BD , she must have lived a hard hard 20 years

>>> I am interested in the Phyllis stuff...that "good up" mother has annoyed me from the start...I recall how quick she was to say "we don't have no reward, no money"..and "I'm brooooke"....I am sure she would LOVE to do a gramma Cindy Anthony "gimme money"

There are still so many things we just don't know....the guardianship, how exactly Shaynia came to be in that horrible place

I think from the start that BL began a careful CYA and "cleanup" of his motives and actions

what a sad sad story

I have just found the thread for little Emma....the 4 year old dead from beating, rape and had same STD as her mama....the "boyfriend" is suspect...soooo sad...unreal

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

>>> Dum Dum Sucker....hang in there....Boston Market and some other places have prepared dinners....??? Maybe order in??

@@@@@@@@@

Happy Thanksgiving to all :)

Sounds like there might be some miscommunication about the funeral having already been paid for by Shaq. From article link below:

Basketball star Shaquille O'Neal offered to pay for the funeral of Shaniya Davis after seeing news of the 5-year-old's kidnapping and slaying, funeral director Corey R. Breece Sr., of Rogers and Breece Funeral Home, said.

Breece said Thursday that the bill had not been paid, but that O'Neal's representatives had expressed interest in helping with the costs.

http://www.wral.com/news/state/story/6500848/

That may have been posed to BL as a threat? He may have thought OK, if that's the way it's going to be, take the child and the responsibility that goes along with it? Then Shaniya goes to AD and there's no money coming with her? Maybe that's why she went the route she did with Shaniya? Money?
OMG.. never have taken it through that route. You may be on to something there. Even though it has been reported in the media that there was some serious drug taking going on by AD...I still think there was some serious "conspiring" going on by AD for awhile prior to Shaniya's death and am waiting on murder charges to come down on her. :furious:

:eek:

Ok, call me dumb, but is a "housing authority" a public assistance organization, meaning that she would supposed to be turning over part of her public assistance money for rent? I'm confused.

On page 23 of the 49 page document, number 11, it says that there is a five year limit. Then it's over, unless there are some special unusual circumstances such as a death or disability.

So I wonder what she was living on. She must have gotten something for the 7 year old. I think her options were over. Her five years were up.

I think she would qualify for welfare.
In fact I would not be surprised if her family were not generational welfare recipients.

Good morning and Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Random thoughts >>

>>> Love Shaq, bless him...when he played for Miami he was an auxillary officer...he is a lic police officer...they had to make a huge uniform for him LOL
I remember one time on his way to a practice he witnessed a mugging and took off after the creep and caught him....owww...imagine big Shaq grabbing you lol

He does a LOT of charity work, works with kids, LE, wonderful guy!

>>> Since Shaq so generously stepped in, there is NO need for BL's "fund" or foundation right?? They said "excess" would be sent to established kids charities..so how do we make sure that happens??

>>>> IF that is BD , she must have lived a hard hard 20 years

>>> I am interested in the Phyllis stuff...that "good up" mother has annoyed me from the start...I recall how quick she was to say "we don't have no reward, no money"..and "I'm brooooke"....I am sure she would LOVE to do a gramma Cindy Anthony "gimme money"

There are still so many things we just don't know....the guardianship, how exactly Shaynia came to be in that horrible place

I think from the start that BL began a careful CYA and "cleanup" of his motives and actions

what a sad sad story

I have just found the thread for little Emma....the 4 year old dead from beating, rape and had same STD as her mama....the "boyfriend" is suspect...soooo sad...unreal

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

>>> Dum Dum Sucker....hang in there....Boston Market and some other places have prepared dinners....??? Maybe order in??

@@@@@@@@@

Happy Thanksgiving to all :)

Actually I am glad it was BL who started a fundraiser.
Shaq is not paying for the entire thing, he is participating in the cost.
I am sure whatever is left over from the fund will go as he promised to help other Children....
I would hate to see a DAVIS from this clan start one...:eek:
I would never trust that...not for one minute.

PS: Did BL really have lunch with the Anthony's? :eek:
they must be offering him foundation tips...How executors legally DO get a piece of the pie....
The rest does go to help children..

Ok, call me dumb, but is a "housing authority" a public assistance organization, meaning that she would supposed to be turning over part of her public assistance money for rent? I'm confused.

My understanding is...the housing authority is like a landlord that you rent from but it is for people with little income. You don't have to be receiving welfare to qualify. You can have a job that doesn't pay a lot or be on SSD or SS. You just have to be considered low income. Your rent is figured out according to your income and other things such as the number of kids you have, etc. It is a blessing for many people...single mothers or couples.

Actually I am glad it was BL who started a fundraiser.
Shaq is not paying for the entire thing, he is participating in the cost.
I am sure whatever is left over from the fund will go as he promised to help other Children....
I would hate to see a DAVIS from this clan start one...:eek:
I would never trust that...not for one minute.

PS: Did BL really have lunch with the Anthony's? :eek:
they must be offering him foundation tips...How executors legally DO get a piece of the pie....
The rest does go to help children..

I think the lunch thing was just being funny as this father and the Anthonys seem to be alike in many ways. I know I was kidding around and made a comment about this father and the Anthonys going fishing.

Hi, I just popped in this very busy morning to mention that i saw on the bottom of the screen on NG last night that "Shaniya's dad will be on Monday night, ready to talk AND answer your questions." Did anyone else see that?[/quote]

Yes I heard the ad on TV I already set the DVR..

Hubby is like holding the controller like it is his life line .. argggg all upset when I ask for it!!
Why??/ What ?? Are You kiddin me ! Why??
Good grief just hand me the damn thing LMAO

http://www.fayobserver.com/Articles/2009/11/26/955599

NBA great Shaquille O'Neal pays for Shaniya's funeral
The story of what happened to Shaniya Davis has affected thousands of people, including NBA star Shaquille O'Neal, who paid for the slain 5-year-old child's funeral.
"He was very touched by the story, and requested how to get in touch with the family," said a Cleveland Cavaliers spokesperson, who confirmed Wednesday that O'Neal paid for the service.
More than 2,000 people attended Shaniya's funeral at Manna Church on Sunday. She was buried at Fayetteville Memorial Cemetery.
Corey Breece, of Rogers and Breece Funeral Home, would not reveal Wednesday the cost of the child's service. However, he said the cost of a child's funeral "averages around $4,500."
Bradley Lockhart, 39, the child's father, could not be reached for comment. A family friend, Vaughn Eason, said the family was out of town for the holidays.-----------------------

Bradley Lockhart and his family had setup a trust fund in memory of Shaniya to help raise money to pay for the funeral.
Eason said last week that any leftover funds earmarked for Shaniya's funeral would go to local charities, groups and agencies that help neglected or abused children.
"Being a law enforcement guy that investigates crimes against children, I wanted to be able to help in some way," Shaq told the Cleveland newspaper.
Shaq completed reserve officer's training when he lived in Los Angeles and Miami, the Cavaliers spokesperson said Wednesday. His last certification was in 2005.
Performing random acts of kindness is nothing new for Shaq.

This answers some questions we have posted...

It says in article he paid for it ...not just helped , but paid for it..
Or is there something else missed .. i'm sorry ..

I was sure thats what it meant..

Published: 05:33 AM, Thu Nov 26, 2009
NBA great Shaquille O'Neal pays for Shaniya's funeral
By Nick Needham
Staff writer

My understanding is...the housing authority is like a landlord that you rent from but it is for people with little income. You don't have to be receiving welfare to qualify. You can have a job that doesn't pay a lot or be on SSD or SS. You just have to be considered low income. Your rent is figured out according to your income and other things such as the number of kids you have, etc. It is a blessing for many people...single mothers or couples.

The housing authority can evict for reasons other than rent such as letting other people live in the apartment
(We Are Family :balloons:). Grandma comment "I should know; I was there."

I do not see the "BL" family as poor or destitute, they cannot pay for little Shaniya's final tribute and funeral? This goes all over me. I can't fathom, under what circumstances, that I would take "charity" to pay for my child's funeral! :furious:

With the "assets" that the L family has and probably even the D family, these assets could be used as colateral, if needed, on a loan. Also, funeral homes have payment plans. Let's face it, not everyone's family, of a deceased person, has an abundance of available cash or credit!

My God, seems that some members of one family could sell enough meds to pay for the expenses.... (Ooops, I didn't say that!):banghead:

I hate to say this, but, I can see that a certain ant family has paved a new road to the pot of gold. :furious:

This really makes me see RED!:furious:

I am thinking he did it for Shaniya...not the family....
But I hear what you are saying and I tend to agree.. but Shaq has a heart bigger than TX. For whatever reason no matter what I am glad he did because it just opened up even more avenues that tell the world about the evil this baby had to endure .. and it made more people aware of the things that happen to all those babies out there.

I am thinking he did it for Shaniya...not the family....
But I hear what you are saying and I tend to agree.. but Shaq has a heart bigger than TX. For whatever reason no matter what I am glad he did because it just opened up even more avenues that tell the world about the evil this baby had to endure .. and it made more people aware of the things that happen to all those babies out there.

I guess I am just too proud. I think I would have thanked Shaq, from the bottom of my heart, but instead, would have asked that he be an advocate and speak about the evil ways that these perps can get to our children and spread awareness to parents, teachers and others... This is worth more than any $ amount, IMHO....

It says in article he paid for it ...not just helped , but paid for it..
Or is there something else missed .. i'm sorry ..

I was sure thats what it meant..

Published: 05:33 AM, Thu Nov 26, 2009
NBA great pays for Shaniya's funeral
By Nick Needham
Staff writer

Maybe you are right, sometimes I read really fast...when I saw $2500-5000. for the funeral
I miss understood and just now re read it...

hmmm my cousins funeral cost 15K and it was a smaller service... :waitasec:
Maybe that is why I miss understood it. THE ENTIRE COST is from $2500-5000...
(strange figure to me).

But Shaquille O'Neal ROCKS.....:woohoo:

I do not see the "BL" family as poor or destitute, they cannot pay for little Shaniya's final tribute and funeral? This goes all over me. I can't fathom, under what circumstances, that I would take "charity" to pay for my child's funeral! :furious:

With the "assets" that the L family has and probably even the D family, these assets could be used as colateral, if needed, on a loan. Also, funeral homes have payment plans. Let's face it, not everyone's family, of a deceased person, has an abundance of available cash or credit!

My God, seems that some members of one family could sell enough meds to pay for the expenses.... (Ooops, I didn't say that!):banghead:

I hate to say this, but, I can see that a certain ant family has paved a new road to the pot of gold. :furious:

MANY people live from pay check to pay check.
We have no idea what his world looks like and if his work is seasonal etc....
A 240K house is not a rich mans castle and that is for sure.
We have no clue what he does or does not have.

If you are suggesting that he could have been more Proud and paid for it. I DO AGREE. :angel:

Something tells me that if he did not open the foundation and make sure that whatever can
be done to help others then the Monster moms side would have and, that would be :eek:

bbm. Amen! The funeral home would have probably even donated the services under the circumstances.

Why is it I keep getting this picture in my head of putting his house up for sale within the next 2 weeks, moving out of state like he was already planning, having a lavish wedding, and a nice long extravagant honeymoon?

I bet he will have the money to pay for these things but yet he can't pay for his daughter's funeral? :banghead:

Do we actually know for a fact who did arrange the funeral? Did BL have legal authority to arrange it? Or were the arrangements done by the D family since AD was her legal guardian? I know there was talk about the obituary being written by the D side since it listed so many relatives of theirs and there were some L side omitted.

I have several questions still about this tragic story, hopefully one day we can get a clearer understanding of what the mindset was of all the people involved. What were the future plans of BL. I know he had gone out of state, but what were his plans in a few months after that? Today is Thanksgiving, had he planned to be back home for the holiday and did he expect to spend time with Shaniya then?
I want to hear from AD's boyfriend, were there other people (possibly male) who were suggesting to her to have Shaniya there.

I keep thinking about someone I met who was in jail on drug charges. (someone in this case reminds me of him) He had 6 children by different women. He just did not see anything wrong with this, yet he talked aften about the problems all the women had such as mental instability, drugs etc. I also never heard any concern on his part as far as how well any of the children were being cared for. As far as he was concerned, he couldn't help it if he made beautiful babies! Honestly, the only concern he ever voiced was the fact that one woman still had some of his things (tools and a truck) and he was worried she would do something with them while he was locked up.
Sadly I think there are many many parents like this and the next generation will look at it as the norm since it was the norm for them.

Since this case has gotten so much coverage, my hope is that some who may notice signs of abuse/neglect, will decide to do something about it, and maybe some others will become more responsible when it comes to being a parent.

VB

Happy Birthday to me and Happy Thanksgiving to everyone else.!!!!!
Be happy, safe and loved today, every one of you.

I am thankful for all of you, and for this place. I would have been insane long ago without WS.
Have a great Turkey day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member