NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Fayetteville, 10 Nov 2009 - Allegedly sold by mother #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not finding anything there either. But they are both in state custody, not county anymore. Could that be why they aren't listed?
I know trhey moved them for their own protection.. but in Fla they don't go to state till after sentencing .. that is strange ..that county doesnt have that listed .. I will have to search NC rules..

http://www1.aoc.state.nc.us/www/calendars/CriminalQuery.html

2009065760 CR
Arraigned Defendant Name: MCNEIL,MARIO,ANDRETTE
County: CUMBERLAND
Court Date: 12/02/2009
Session: AM
Court Room: 002B
Offense Code Description Statute
1026 Felony FIRST DEGREE KIDNAPPING 14-39

2009066041 CR
Court Date: 12/09/2009
1120 Felony FIRST DEGREE RAPE CHILD 14-27.2(A)(1)

2009066040 CR - System responds with "not available, please try again later"
This is the 1st Degree Murder case number.

2009065760 CR

2009066041 CR

TY. It's more than likely my issue, not the system.
Makes me wonder why the murder charge can't be accessed though.

REMINDER

Nancy Grace primetime exclusive! Shaniya Davis' father, Bradley Lockhart, breaks his silence & discusses the heinous rape & murder of his 5-yr-old daughter. This as the murdered girl's mother is transferred to another jail for her own safety; is she getting special treatment behind bars? Hear what the little girl's father has to say about her mother, who police say sold her daughter for sex. Does Shaniya's dad think the mom will be charged with murder? Taking your calls live -- Nancy Grace has the latest, breaking developments in the case -- only at 8 & 10 pm ET on HLN!

Recent Highlights

http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/nancy.grace//

2009065760 CR

2009066041 CR

It must have been a system problem...just found this from here: http://www1.aoc.state.nc.us/www/calendars/CriminalQuery.html

11/29/2009
Arraigned Offenses for Case Number: 2009066040 CR

0935 Felony FIRST DEGREE MURDER

Wed. Dec. 2: MAM's next court appearance on his initial kidnapping charges
Thur. Dec. 3: AD's case cont'd on trafficking, and child abuse-prostitution charges
Wed. Dec. 9: MAM's next court appearance on murder, and rape of child charges

Reminder of upcoming dates. If there are revisions or corrections please post.

:parrot:

oh yeah! duh! that's thursday! it didn't click in my head just how close december really is

The North Carolina Court System site lists all upcoming court cases. Mario has three cases which come up under McNeil, Mario.

I can view both the kidnapping and rape charge. But when I select the 1st degree murder case to view, 2009CR066040, system says not found.

I think my problem was spelling---I put McNeill with 2-L's. Thanks.

REMINDER

Nancy Grace primetime exclusive! Shaniya Davis' father, Bradley Lockhart, breaks his silence & discusses the heinous rape & murder of his 5-yr-old daughter. This as the murdered girl's mother is transferred to another jail for her own safety; is she getting special treatment behind bars? Hear what the little girl's father has to say about her mother, who police say sold her daughter for sex. Does Shaniya's dad think the mom will be charged with murder? Taking your calls live -- Nancy Grace has the latest, breaking developments in the case -- only at 8 & 10 pm ET on HLN!

Recent Highlights

http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/nancy.grace//

I missed it, :( anyone with an update?

http://www.alternet.org/media/14419...rrifying_images_of_african-american_mothers_/

Now, don't get me wrong. I hope that Shaniya's case does not make it harder for African American mothers.
But to paint AD as a martyr, and make it seem like she was targeted as a bad mother for her race, really sickens me. That's how I interpreted this article, and I could be wrong. She runs the generalities of Shaniya's case with the success of the movie Precious, and makes it seem as if the only reason that Shaniya was put in the media is because she was black and it would help the movie profits.
Although she calls it sickening and horrible, her other words seem to imply that she feels that way more about AD's incarceration, than about the sale and death of Shaniya...
Could someone else read the article and tell me if my panties are in a bunch for no reason or if I understood it right?

http://www.alternet.org/media/14419...rrifying_images_of_african-american_mothers_/

Now, don't get me wrong. I hope that Shaniya's case does not make it harder for African American mothers.
But to paint AD as a martyr, and make it seem like she was targeted as a bad mother for her race, really sickens me. That's how I interpreted this article, and I could be wrong. She runs the generalities of Shaniya's case with the success of the movie Precious, and makes it seem as if the only reason that Shaniya was put in the media is because she was black and it would help the movie profits.
Although she calls it sickening and horrible, her other words seem to imply that she feels that way more about ADs incarceration, than about the sale and death of Shaniya...
Could someone else read the article and tell me if my panties are in a bunch for no reason or if I understood it right?

Oh no....your panties are twisted for good reason!

Although she calls it sickening and horrible, her other words seem to imply that she feels that way more about AD's incarceration, than about the sale and death of Shaniya...

I am so sick of this whole race card thing. At what point does everyone just get off the black or white thing and realize that there are bad, horrible humans of every race, creed, religion and sexual preference?!?!

Do you see white "activists" get all worked up everytime a white person is all over the news for some awful act he committed (Garido)? Do you see an upsurge in white america boo hooing because once again the press is making them all look bad for the actions of one? No, of course not.

I am irritated by the article as well but not necessarily surprised. There will always be some indivduals who will attempt to take whatever is going on in current events and use it to further their own political agenda.

I can guarantee that if little Shaniya's disappearance and subsequent murder had NOT gotten all this media coverage, this same author would have been outraged because a poor little biracial girl whose african american mom lived in a trailer wasn't "white" enough or well off enough to warrant the coverage.

IMOO people who want to focus on race are going to focus on race, whether it is a factor or not and for some folks (sadly) race is the only factor, in any circumstance. I feel sad for those folks because IMOHO, they are a part of the problem, not the solution.

I will relent and watch NG tonight, but we will not get any new answers out of BL, imo. I almost cannot bear to see or hear him speak. There will not be any hardhitting questions by NG and she will be dripping with sympathy for BL. My sympathy is with Shaniya and only with Shaniya.

MOO

I wouldn't even mind the race card being played if someone had already played it.

But they didn't. I haven't seen AD blamed for her actions based on her race, not once. She did a very bad thing, and she could be any color of the rainbow, and I would still say that she did a terrible thing.

If it hasn't been used against her, why use her race to try to excuse her?
I have a hard time with things like this because I don't understand racism. I see color, and I respect cultural differences, but I don't understand how people can hate each other or try to excuse themselves on the basis of race.

MAM, killed a child, a five year old. I'd hate him, no matter his color. His color didn't influence his actions. AD, sold a child. I'd hate her no matter her color. It played no part in her actions.

I know I should get it, but I don't.

I am so sick of this whole race card thing. At what point does everyone just get off the black or white thing and realize that there are bad, horrible humans of every race, creed, religion and sexual preference?!?!

Do you see white "activists" get all worked up everytime a white person is all over the news for some awful act he committed (Garido)? Do you see an upsurge in white america boo hooing because once again the press is making them all look bad for the actions of one? No, of course not.

I am irritated by the article as well but not necessarily surprised. There will always be some indivduals who will attempt to take whatever is going on in current events and use it to further their own political agenda.

I can guarantee that if little Shaniya's disappearance and subsequent murder had NOT gotten all this media coverage, this same author would have been outraged because a poor little biracial girl whose african american mom lived in a trailer wasn't "white" enough or well off enough to warrant the coverage.

IMOO people who want to focus on race are going to focus on race, whether it is a factor or not and for some folks (sadly) race is the only factor, in any circumstance. I feel sad for those folks because IMOHO, they are a part of the problem, not the solution.

BBM

I am sick of the race card as well. It has no place here, IMO. This case involves people of different races. Children are children regardless of whether they are red, green, yellow, blue, white, or black.

And rapists, kidnappers, and murderers come in all colors and backgrounds. I just really do not like hearing about race here.

MOO

For the record, I didn't post the article to make this about race.

But, it is disturbing that AD already has a following, seemingly with supporters. That's why I posted it.
There is nothing in this case about race, but there are people out there trying to exonerate her and make it seem like she was picked on over her color.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Louiwebb