NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Fayetteville, 10 Nov 2009 - Allegedly sold by mother #26

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to ask you your take on the media around Fayetteville. Do you think LE has asked them to stay hush on this case as they investigate?

I wanted to answer this to , if I may. It has been widely publicized that Fayetteville is about to have a major growth spurt when several other US bases close and they all get sent here. They want to please these higher income military with fancier stuff, luxury apts, big malls, more schools.
One of these luxury condos is going up on *ick* Bragg Blvd aka HIGHWAY 87. This de-funking of Fayetteville has been highly publicized, and too much attention on this HORROR of the Shaniya Davis case could prevent Fayetteville from becoming 'the next Charlotte and Raleigh" if these new richer family are scared to bring their children here.
Just my opinion.

Oh and I saw BL (Im pretty sure cause of the voice and gold chain) in a checkout line and I could not avert my eyes (he made eye contact with no one and moved very quickly) I totally had a staring problem, very rude of me but gosh I couldnt help it:innocent:

Hi...

I don't know if that "Shaynia's Law" is going to really help tho...what would 6 months of probation have meant to MAM when you think about it?? probation would have meant just checking in once a month...taking a drug test.....which these cons know how to beat, and maybe paying a montly probation fee. That doesn't deter them much IMHO

MAM would have done this while on probation IMHO...no difference to him really

I think this guy may have his heart in the right place, but will the law improve things?? It would have to be applied down the line...and result in more costs to states that are already stretched very badly budget wise

besides...MAM's prior history, while violent and disgusting, was not about child molesting ....so really how would they know?? what difference would being on probation have made? not much

IF they want to make a change...maybe enact new laws regarding child welfare services....enact some sort of "rapid response" to intervene in dangerous situations
put more "help lines" out there....maybe like a "crimestoppers" where people could even get a reward for reporting child abuse situations

also...Jessica's Law....or even stronger versions of it

*However, again we need to remember that Jessica's Law would not have helped here

I dont know if it would have helped either, but,we have to start somewhere,if we sit here and what if everything to death,then we'll get no where.
Signs were there,no one reported anything.

States need to get their acts together and start putting children first and foremost!

Someone here had a good idea,how about drug testing parents before they can collect any kind of aid?

How do we know Shaniya would have still been murdered by MAM? We dont.

When I think about change I dont think about using the word "they".
*I* want a change! *I* want to be part of the change,heck with they!
THEY are the ones that need to hear what needs to be done. Most of the theys bury their heads in the sand when it comes to looking into childrens issues.
Like I said we need to start somewhere.

Just to be certain we are all reading the most current, accurate info re continuances... then according to the calendar it appears that MAM will appear in court on Thur. Dec. 9 on the child rape, and murder, charges. And on January 10 on the kidnapping charge.

And AD will appear on Feb. 18th (not 10th) on her charges? I am just asking, is this what everyone else is seeing? TIA

:parrot:

Yes, so far this is the current information about the court dates for AD and MAM based on the court calendar. IMO, I feel the December 9, 2009 will probably be rescheduled based on the other dates being rescheduled. In a few days we will know one way or another.

particularly in cases like Shaniya's. I want the prosecution to get all their ducks in a row and develop an airtight case, so the perpetrators can receive the punishment they deserve. I don't want to see the perpetrators get off on technicalities. Let justice be done.

Ah, I see my post was pruned, but that is OK;the most relevant part was left as is.

While I think MAM will get the sentence he deserves, I am concerned AD could get off with a slap on the hand. What evidence does LE have that AD was human-trafficking? Did MAM tell them? If that's the case, how reliable is he? I want to add that my gut feeling tells me that AD was involved in this horrific crime against poor Shaniya.

I wanted to answer this to , if I may. It has been widely publicized that Fayetteville is about to have a major growth spurt when several other US bases close and they all get sent here. They want to please these higher income military with fancier stuff, luxury apts, big malls, more schools.
One of these luxury condos is going up on *ick* Bragg Blvd aka HIGHWAY 87. This de-funking of Fayetteville has been highly publicized, and too much attention on this HORROR of the Shaniya Davis case could prevent Fayetteville from becoming 'the next Charlotte and Raleigh" if these new richer family are scared to bring their children here.
Just my opinion.

Oh and I saw BL (Im pretty sure cause of the voice and gold chain) in a checkout line and I could not avert my eyes (he made eye contact with no one and moved very quickly) I totally had a staring problem, very rude of me but gosh I couldnt help it:innocent:

Atomic,
Agree with you entirely. For those who do not know Fayetteville (and in particular the area surrounding Ft. Bragg and Bragg Blvd...it is rife with drugs, strip joints, pawn shops....you get the idea.

Atomic,
Forgot to add, thank you for the offer to help in planting! I agree about the sign and DOT. I don't know how to PM (new here) but will try to figure it out. :)
Thank you.

HI....I think the idea of drug testing mothers/parents who are recieving any type of assistance is great

It is disturbing to see how many "cases" had involvement with social workers only to go on to tragedy....

I strongly feel that laws should actually produce results and what is needed most is funding for effective laws to protect children..and effective agencies

I think that the system of hiring "social workers" is broken....and the systems to report abuse need to be overhauled....

an example is the recent report that shows how very few "abuse reportings" to a hotline actually turn into investigations..and I am sure it is the same in other states

Keeping people on probation longer doesn't do much really...

changing the way the child welfare system works is a better use of time and money IMHO

I do know that the public housing has some strict and enforced rules...ie, no drugs, no felons in the house...
and that is probably part of the reason AD was evicted from the public housing apartment??

I think they need something in place to not "close" cases so quickly....when AD was "investigated" maybe they could have follow ups, mandatory follow ups, with drug testing etc...as long as she was accepting any kind of assistance

I wanted to answer this to , if I may. It has been widely publicized that Fayetteville is about to have a major growth spurt when several other US bases close and they all get sent here. They want to please these higher income military with fancier stuff, luxury apts, big malls, more schools. One of these luxury condos is going up on *ick* Bragg Blvd aka HIGHWAY 87. This de-funking of Fayetteville has been highly publicized, and too much attention on this HORROR of the Shaniya Davis case could prevent Fayetteville from becoming 'the next Charlotte and Raleigh" if these new richer family are scared to bring their children here.
Just my opinion.

Oh and I saw BL (Im pretty sure cause of the voice and gold chain) in a checkout line and I could not avert my eyes (he made eye contact with no one and moved very quickly) I totally had a staring problem, very rude of me but gosh I couldn't help it:innocent:

BBM - makes sense to me.
This would be a huge problem...Because they would definitely want to hush this case to get that program to go forward.
You are absolutely correct families do not want to go where they feel unsafe, the on going publicity of this case can stop a multi million dollar project which may already be in the works, and as a result it would get simmered quick because to make the program effective they would need the SD story to die down.

The truth however is that bad things can happen in the most expensive areas too. Such as Park Avenue in Manhattan; we know of several famous murders there too.

But they did not have the frenzy of constant media.
So I can see that they needed to get the media to go away...
Makes sense to me. :angel:

Atomic,
Agree with you entirely. For those who do not know Fayetteville (and in particular the area surrounding Ft. Bragg and Bragg Blvd...it is rife with drugs, strip joints, pawn shops....you get the idea.

Is the trailer pretty close to this area? I read somewhere that Sleepy Hollow is near the entrance into Ft. Bragg.

Had either of you heard of Sleepy Hollow Mobile Park or this specific area prior to Shaniya?

Always love local insight. I've been looking at pictures of Fayetteville just to get a better feel of the city.

Hi...

one of the things I have said here repeatedly :

from the very first I was reading the "news blogs" of the local tv/newspaper in Fayetteville.and I was struck by how many "locals" posted about Sleepy Hollow..

things like "that is the worst part of town"..."drugs and prostitute"..."known drug area" etc

that is what made me feel "hincty" about why BL and CLD sent Shaynia there in the first place

maybe some locals can fill in more info?? thanks

Just to be certain we are all reading the most current, accurate info re continuances... then according to the calendar it appears that MAM will appear in court on Thur. Dec. 9 on the child rape, and murder, charges. And on January 10 on the kidnapping charge.

And AD will appear on Feb. 18th (not 10th) on her charges? I am just asking, is this what everyone else is seeing? TIA

:parrot:
Thank you.. :)
Bump...

Hi...

I don't know if that "Shaynia's Law" is going to really help tho...what would 6 months of probation have meant to MAM when you think about it?? probation would have meant just checking in once a month...taking a drug test.....which these cons know how to beat, and maybe paying a monthly probation fee. That doesn't deter them much IMHO

MAM would have done this while on probation IMHO...no difference to him really

I think this guy may have his heart in the right place, but will the law improve things?? It would have to be applied down the line...and result in more costs to states that are already stretched very badly budget wise

besides...MAM's prior history, while violent and disgusting, was not about child molesting ....so really how would they know?? what difference would being on probation have made? not much

IF they want to make a change...maybe enact new laws regarding child welfare services....enact some sort of "rapid response" to intervene in dangerous situations
put more "help lines" out there....maybe like a "crimestoppers" where people could even get a reward for reporting child abuse situations

also...Jessica's Law....or even stronger versions of it

*However, again we need to remember that Jessica's Law would not have helped here

IMHO every step that takes us closer to tougher laws is good.
One of the things monster mom is counting on is the fact that she was never charged although she had been arrested. but had they charged her then, it would be tougher on her now. a step that can make a difference in many cases.
I also think that while on probation ta felon will refrain a little bit..not very much... but some refrain is better then no refrain. Many want probation to be over with because they know that if they get caught while on probation as they themselves say "OH MAN" that sure changes things. It does mean more trouble a con man hopes to get away with it, the less little laws in his path the easier to get out of a jam.

I think however it may be just a Political Ploy, because I am not so trusting of politicians. They like to feed us what we want to hear. :(

BBM - makes sense to me.
This would be a huge problem...Because they would definitely want to hush this case to get that program to go forward.
You are absolutely correct families do not want to go where they feel unsafe, the on going publicity of this case can stop a multi million dollar project which may already be in the works, and as a result it would get simmered quick because to make the program effective they would need the SD story to die down.

The truth however is that bad things can happen in the most expensive areas too. Such as Park Avenue in Manhattan; we know of several famous murders there too.

But they did not have the frenzy of constant media.
So I can see that they needed to get the media to go away...
Makes sense to me. :angel:

Oh God, this makes alot of sense. Hmm... let's see, on one hand a multi-million dollar project where many will benefit financially. On the other hand, quick justice for one little girl.
I can see where this might go...

Hi...

one of the things I have said here repeatedly :

from the very first I was reading the "news blogs" of the local tv/newspaper in Fayetteville.and I was struck by how many "locals" posted about Sleepy Hollow..

things like "that is the worst part of town"..."drugs and prostitute"..."known drug area" etc

that is what made me feel "hincty" about why BL and CLD sent Shaynia there in the first place

maybe some locals can fill in more info?? thanks

If the Sleepy Hollow area was a byword for drugs and prostitution, then sending Shaniya there would be very odd. If the area was notorious, then it's hard to hide behind the defense that "I didn't know it was so bad", or "I thought AD had her own home and had gotten her life together." I would also like to hear locals' views on Sleepy Hollow.

Oh God, this makes alot of sense. Hmm... let's see, on one hand a multi-million dollar project where many will benefit financially. On the other hand, quick justice for one little girl.
I can see where this might go...

Politics and money........Justice for all those that have suffered and died from this!!!

Trying to get away from the brutal aspect of this crime....just wanted to let everyone know that the bulbs will be planted just before Dec. 25th. And this will be cranked on the car stereo/iPod while planting :)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EttyGjpPpv0[/ame]

Shaniya, you will not be forgotten. We WILL make this change.

Amen, was so very into this case that I was becoming way too involved. Let it go, could not find anything on any newsgroups, so returned here to find the truth. Fact IS is there has been precious little, or no updates, on this case. Lurked here digesting all I could on the Casey/sweet Caylee case. You guys have the answers. Have never seen more threads on any one case than Shaniya since I've been around. Then had to join, and speak. Why? A) she was beautiful, precious, as all children B) what is most unspeakable--her own Mother played a part in this.
While I need to take a break, I will never stop watching this case to a just conclusion. NEVER! Something just does not seem totally right here....

I think the 'mother' aspect of this has really shut a lot of people down (understandably.)

It is mind numbing when you care. It should be.
Still, it happens.

I think if we can help protect and remember the children who are victims we can make a difference.

My point is- gosh this sounds terrible- but thank you for your pain. Thank you for hurting on behalf of a child that not many seemed to care about.

What a ramble- sorry. The case has me on the floor.

I haven't forgotten, and I struggle not to be shocked by the involvement of her mother.
For personal reasons, I don't post here for Shaniya much anymore, but I am here in spirit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Warriorwidow