NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Fayetteville, 10 Nov 2009 - Allegedly sold by mother #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wonder if he was seen in any area stores buying girls clothes for her,if he was taking her to someone.She only had a tshirt,no shoes,pants,etc.He might have met someone in a store parking lot or somewhere else with cameras,if he left the hotel with her.That's if someone didn't meet up with him there,if they did,I think we'd have a vehicle description.What worries me is they are looking in woods,ravines,etc and maybe they saw him in cameras leaving with her from the hotel.

Panthera's link:
http://www.michellesigona.com/2009/11/15/shaniyas-mother-arrested/
Father's sister dropped her off, and her father just thought she wanted to be a mother...and now it's the last 5 years he has had Shaniya.

I don't flat out suspect her father, but there is something a little hinky there.

OMG, That would be the shocker of the century as he seems like a regular type guy. :waitasec:

Thinking about that, MEM and the BF look like typical gentlemen hoods to me, just a cut above those running on the streets. Often it is the regular looking person that just looks too normal to be the bad guy. But we don't even know if the father knew MEM, right?

Chance said the family has had contact with the Department of Social Services in the past. "There have been major DSS issues with this family, who has custody, switching back and forth." Chance said it's unknown whether the child's disappearance is related to those issues.

http://www.examiner.com/x-28599-Crime--Media-Examiner~y2009m11d11-Where-is-5yearold-Shaniya-Davis

I'm so confused and I apologize if this has already been addressed. I'm coming in a little late to this thread. I've been following the story, but don't know all the details.

What family is this article talking about? The mother's family or the father's family or both? I was under the impression the father had custody of Shaniya and that she had lived with him most of her life. Have Shaniya's mother and father ever lived under the same roof? We're they ever married?

Again, I apologize for being behind! I'm trying to catch up with all the fact!

I just wonder if he was seen in any area stores buying girls clothes for her,if he was taking her to someone.She only had a tshirt,no shoes,pants,etc.He might have met someone in a store parking lot or somewhere else with cameras,if he left the hotel with her.That's if someone didn't meet up with him there,if they did,I think we'd have a vehicle description.What worries me is they are looking in woods,ravines,etc and maybe they saw him in cameras leaving with her from the hotel.

He had no clothes that you could see on the camera, but maybe he had some out in the car. Did he go back out to the car after putting Shaniyah in the room I wonder? Maybe carry her in first then go back for the clothes?

one of the astro charts indicated he made a phone call prior to leaving the hotel.

eta: Charges still just show kidnapping.

Ahh! Thank you! I knew I had read it somewhere.. I was thinking it was in a media report but that is wrong.

If there were custody issues, wouldn't the mother have had to have shown some type of interest before this?

Maybe McNeil told them the classic line "I just put her out of my car on the road. I didn't hurt her." THey would have to follow it up.
I doubt these were searches done with a warrant, the news would have caught wind of that, so it was more than likely residents that all consented to being searched.

makes me wonder if the search today was just to cover all bases or if they had reliable info.
Any word on when they will continue?

Hi not_my_kids, I read today on one of the links that LE had received a good tip about the area they are now searching. The article made it clear that there was a definite reason to be searching there.

Also if he was in any stores at counter with large wad of money when paying for something,couldn't prove he sold her,but in court it would be brought up if this became one of the charges.Face it,he's not bright,he went up to counter with her to pay for room and was seen in hotel cameras.I can see him running off and buying stuff.

and I hope they checked ports & boats/ships...

And maybe even bus terminals...

This sorry excuse for a mother probably lied her butt off to the Dad. She has been lying all along, why not? She probably had been at this for weeks previous, trying to get her hands on that baby. "Ive been working for 6 months, I have a good job" etc etc..This is a ruthless *advertiser censored*, not some shrinking violet. She might have known all along what she was planning on, just waiting for the right time in her mind to try to pull it off..

I can't disagree w this, this same awful thought crossed my mind.

:parrot:

I'm not good at doing timelines..but have started one and ask/beg someone/anyone else to please edit, add to it, etc. I have added the link I based this short timeline on.

5:30 am -11-10-09 (Tues) Mother reports she put Shaniya on the couch in the living room.

6:11 am -11-10-09 (Tues) Surveillance footage showed McNeill carrying child into hotel
(More than 40 min before Mom reported missing)
(stayed about an hour)

6:53 am -11-10-09 (Tues) Mother reported her disappearance

early am -11-13-09 (Fri) McNeill arrested, Friday, Nov 13,2009

reference link-http://www.amw.com/missing_children/case.cfm?id=69234

possibility: 7:00 a.m. Mother makes call to McNeill and tells him of Le call

7:10 a.m. McNeill boogies out of hotel with child

This is what I believe happened

Thanks ~ and that rules out a buyer being scared off by the AA. MOO
I agree, but what could he have been there for. One hour is not very long. I am guessing he bathed her because of the towel. Maybe that was the only reason, just to clean her up. Maybe that spotted article in the pic is a dress with shoes wrapped up, or a spotted bag with new clothes.

I'm not sure about video at the desk, but apparently the tip that led to him was a worker there remembering Shaniya. MOO

I'm sure the details of the investigation haven't been released-especially if it endangers Shaniya's safety. I just wonder if he stopped for a key or if he was TOLD by someone what room to come to! I think he would have raised an eyebrow at the desk if he showed up at 6AM with a child with no pants on!
And if they have video tape of an elevator - I'm sure there is a camera trained on the front desk! I'm also wondering if MAM or some other perp involved in this possible ring might have a connection to this motel!!
Perhaps this has happened before?:furious:

T

Also, the area they are searching in looks rather wealthy but in the woods, I'm just sayin, nice hotel, wealthy homes, ya never know who your neighbor is.

I wouldn't say that the hotel is very high end. Not at $69/night. But it is very nice and respectable looking.

Why bring her to the hotel at all? Why not just bring her to a park or a road were there is little traffic or a million other places if there is a hand off to be made? It makes no sense to me all.

If the wanted to do unspeakable activities with her, I'm sure momsters "home" would serve just fine .

I still don't understand the hotel choice. And if she was to be handed off, they might have to drug her to keep quiet.

But then they take the risk of a guest or employee noticing this dazed child.

None of it makes sense,

But my hubby said that there is no sense in trying to make sense of crazies. There is no sense.

Sorry if this has already been posted:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,575235,00.html?test=latestnews

SNIP:
Capt. Charles Kimble of the Fayetteville Police Department said several agencies spent the day looking for signs of Shaniya Davis between Spring Lake and Sanford, which are about 25 miles apart. Kimble would not elaborate on what information officers had received. They suspended the search at dark. The area included woods and some homes, police said.

and some Homes....interesting

hmm, is she the felon that has the id theft charge?

He had no clothes that you could see on the camera, but maybe he had some out in the car. Did he go back out to the car after putting Shaniyah in the room I wonder? Maybe carry her in first then go back for the clothes?

I think he would have put at least pants on her before going in hotel if he had them.I was looking for any camera shots of someone he might have met in store parking lot or something like that,trace his steps.He passed her off or took her to someone,her hair was a mess and no clothes,he could have stopped somewhere before he passed her off.

I'm so confused and I apologize if this has already been addressed. I'm coming in a little late to this thread. I've been following the story, but don't know all the details.

What family is this article talking about? The mother's family or the father's family or both? I was under the impression the father had custody of Shaniya and that she had lived with him most of her life. Have Shaniya's mother and father ever lived under the same roof? We're they ever married?

Your just a corner behind me! From what I understand the father and the mother had a one night stand? She was very unstable and he was the primary care giver until 3 weeks ago when he thought the mother had "turned her life around" so he was going to give her a chance. That seems very sugar coated to me, but it depends on what media outlet is delivering the news as we all know by now. Sleuthing 101.

I certainly at this point feel very horrible for the dad as his decision will wreak havoc on the rest of his life.

Not many men step up and take care of a child on their own and raise it. I doubt that the father who has bonded with this child and loved her for 5 yrs could be a part of this. We don't know exactly what mom told dad over the phone. We don't know if Shaniyah was in school and got jealous seeing all the moms come with her friends and asked dad why she didn't have her mom? Maybe dad felt bad about having to work so much and not being there for Shaniyah mom called told him lies and he thought this would be a chance for them to bond and agreed to it.

My sister's daughter never met her father once in her life until she was eight when my sister took him for child support. He then demanded visitation. She was all excited telling everyone she had a dad. My sister asked her if she wanted to visit with her dad and his family and my neice admittedly said yes. Maybe dad asked Shaniyah if she wanted to stay with mom til he got back?

Hey there, GR! The mother's family had issues with CPS. It was not necessarily about Shaniya, but the children who lived there. I don't know if they were involved with her specifically. Someone here should know about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper