NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, missing from her home 11/10/09 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are they checking everyone who was registered there? I also believe that there is more video of MAM...Bet they even know what floor they got off on...As to why are they doing this so "openly" - They just aren't that smart to even think about the surveillance cameras that are EVERYWHERE these days!

Is there some sort of custody issue between the mother and father of Shaniya? If the little girl was sold I hope whoever drops her off where she can be found and doesn't kill her.

I dont know if this has already been posted but the video of MAM's court appearance is uploaded. Still not sure of how to link but its at wral.com

des, for future reference, you can click the earth icon to link. But personally. I just copy/paste the link. Never had a problem doing it that way.

Here's the link to the court appearance. http://www.wral.com/news/local/video/6415872/

WHAT DID HE DO W THIS PRECIOUS BABY :confused:

Lord you are a Protector... thank you for keeping Shaniya and delivering her from danger!
You are a Revealer... thank you for uncovering Shaniya's whereabouts and directing the path of LE.
You are a Comforter... please keep Shaniya in peace, and comfort her father and loved ones.
We are praying for a miracle but we know you are able! In your son's precious name, amen.

:praying:

:parrot:

O/T Presser on the Mo. abuse case in about 15 minutes.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4429323#post4429323"]5 Family Members Arrested In Connection w/Child Sex Crimes - Page 24 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Fayetteville Police received information on Wednesday night, November 11, 2009, that a man had Shaniya in his arms at a hotel in Sanford, North Carolina (about 45 minutes from where the child went missing). Cops say someone at the hotel called police after recognizing Shaniya’s photo from the news. Police went to the location to check the surveillance, but the man and Shaniya were already gone. Police released still photos from the surveillance camera of a man by the name of Mario McNeill carrying little Shaniya near an elevator on Tuesday morning, November 10, 2009 at 6:11 a.m. Right now, investigators are not saying McNeill’s connection to child or her family.

Cops say McNeill and Shaniya were only at the hotel for one hour before leaving the location. Earlier today, November 13, 2009, at an undiscolsed location, police were able to track down McNeill. He was arrested and charged with First-Degree Kidnapping. The problem is, investigators still don’t know where the child is.

From HLN Reporter Michelle Sigona
:banghead:

Why would he take Shaniya to a hotel for only one hour!!! This is just getting weirder and weirder!!

I have to agree with those on NG's FB page that this is an attempt to hide Shaniya, either because of the custody issues or because of a CPS investigation. I like both ideas, because it means she's likely alive.

I wonder what kind of hotel/motel it is and if they have significant surveillance. I work at a hotel and we have 32 cameras covering every hallway, stairwell, elevator entrance, and the extent of the parking lot. The only areas not covered, of course, are the guest rooms. You can see every point of entry or exit, though, and the windows are bolted close on every level. I realize this is not the norm. I've worked at many different hotels for different companies, and the security has ranged from Disney-level (which is fitting, as it was Disney) to nothing. I worked at a Marriott with little to no surveillance/security before coming to my current small property, which is in a safe neighborhood in a boutique town and is hard-core, LOL.

Of course, that kind of camera system is really expensive.

Also, LE still seems to be implying they have no reason to think she's met with foul play. That has to be telling, right?

Finally home from work, first glass of wine poured, ready to catch up.
Anything new in the last couple of hours?
TIA

While I was on Maternity leave last June. My A/C kept going out. My apartment maintenance would come fill the freon, it would last a day, then go out again, and they eventually had to replace the unit. This went on for about a month. My son was a newborn and it was in the 90's here in TX. I COULD NOT have him there when the AC was out, so my fiance and I would go to a hotel. We ended up staying a few nights at a Comfort Suites. REALLY nice place, especially for the cost. We had a huge king size bed, a divider then a room with a coffee table and sofa bed, then a bathroom. We only paid about $90 a night. I'm pretty sure there was only one elevator, and only one usable entrance. Though I'm sure there were emergency exits, but I didn't check.

This is a pretty darn nice hotel to check into and leave after one hour. I'm about to try to find the website for this exact one and see if I can get an idea of the layout.

Bringing this up for MomOfBoys.
http://www.comfortsuites.com/hotel/NC559?promo=bingmap

Really nice hotel. 100% smoke free. Looks very similar to the one I stayed in. Only one entrance, you walk right past the reception desk. Only one elevator.
At least at the one I was at, and the pics of this one look like it was built exactly the same way.
Also, I didn't notice ANY security camera's. Maybe because I had no reason to worry about them. Or maybe because they were hidden. Don't know. But they certainly weren't obvious.

OK - so a worker sees this guy with Shaniya and calls LE.

They probably retrieved the tapes and saw that it was indeed Shaniya - but how did they find out who McNeill was?

They must have shown the pic to family who then ID'd him?

Or Coe?

UGH...I have to go to a performance at my daughter's school tonight. Don't get me wrong, I'll be there front and center with both my camera and camcorder, but I'll be thinking about sweet Shaniya and praying she is found safely by the time we return home tonight. (and, as much as I hate to admit it, I'm sure I'll pull out my iPhone and check WS a few times while we are out!)

Yes I wasn't either. So he was there for only one hour. I wonder if Mcneill put on the tv in the room and freaked out and left after hearing about the kidnapping and an arrest. I wish they would tell us where they picked him up.

The footage at the hotel was from 6:11 AM on Tuesday, and if he was only there an hour, that means he (they?) left by 7:11 AM. There were no arrests yet, and I don't think there was any coverage of the case yet either. I could be wrong on the coverage though. Can someone local verify?

Good thought though.

ETA: The quote went funky. Sorry.[/QUOTE]

WAIT a minute:
A) How are they certain he was there for only an hour?
B) Surveillance saw him leaving an hour later?
C) He checked out an hour later? Did he have Shaniya with him?
Oh my this is just not adding up!!

Finally home from work, first glass of wine poured, ready to catch up.
Anything new in the last couple of hours?
TIA

Coe's charges dropped. McNeill appeared in court and pled NG. And Shaniya's location not yet known.

Glass of wine sounds good, but only 2:30 here PST. Gotta go get my little girl from school will be back in a bit. I want some good news!!

:parrot:

Why do they keep saying "footage of McNeill carrying Shaniya into a hotel room"? Is there OTHER footage we aren't seeing? Or is this bad reporting?
And that brings me to a new set of questions?
DID they actually go into a hotel room? Did he/they check out? How do we know he/they were only there for an hour?
How many exit/entrances are there in the hotel? How many elevators? Any that aren't set up with camera's?

They will know if he entered a room with his key card.
I would assume that they have other camera footage of them leaving the hotel building and/or the parking garage. If they saw him leaving the building and his key card records don't show him re-entering the room, they can conclude that he was gone.

Even if he didn't see the kidnapping report on tv because it was too soon, an hour might be enough time to make a call to Coe or the Mother or someone connected with them, and find out that the police were there and taking the case seriously.

If Coe truly wasn't involved, but mom was, maybe Coe or the Aunt woke up, and said WTF when the child was gone? Maybe mom felt no choice but to call LE. If this was about keeping Shaniya from her father, maybe mom intended for her to disappear with McNeill but did not intend to alert LE.

It is a sad state of affairs in my life when hubby wants to go to one of my favorite restaurants and I actually (secretly) dont want to go. Id rather sit here and wait. The first night, I went to bed earlier than normal, and when I woke up Coe was arrested. Last night, I went to bed, woke up and McNeill is behind bars. Now, I am leaving again, lets see if something happens. I sure am hoping they find her tonight!

I think he is going to plead NOT GUILTY coz the MOM knew he :took: her with him from the trailor. heck! The MOTHER might have told him to, told him to take her with him when he left. That makes sense to me as to why pleading NOT GUILTY OF kiddnapping her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove