NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, missing from her home 11/10/09 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone else visited the IS boards and read the posts left by someone stating they are a friend of Shaniya's dad? I am in the middle of reading them, he began posting Thursday night I believe.

Has anyone seen a picture of the mother? looks like there'd be a booking photo from her previous arrest 3 or 4 years ago??

Curious about the IS board myself, could someone help me get there?

Has anyone else visited the IS boards and read the posts left by someone stating they are a friend of Shaniya's dad? I am in the middle of reading them, he began posting Thursday night I believe.

I did. sure makes sense to me..

The FBI is working this case not the US Marshalls. It is my understanding they think the mom's family has the child and they are currently looking for them. That is why nothing more has been said. There will be a resolution here shortly from what I hear.

Actually, the US Marshalls are working the case.

"Deputy U.S. Marshal Brandon Taylor said the FBI and Marshals Service were doing what they could to assist Fayetteville police."

http://www.fayobserver.com/Articles/2009/11/13/951920

Does anyone suspect that Shaniya's mother's sister, Brenda may have had a hand in getting Shaniya away from the environment in the home. Maybe she helped the grandparents find the "one" via her ex-boyfriend, McNeill, to take the little girl and deliver her to them. Maybe the mother really didn't want Shaniya in her life at all and sister helped her out.

There was a sewage problem not fixed in the home,bfs of both the Mom and Aunt have criminal history,there was a drug raid on the home before,and other children in there.It doesn't sound like someone would feel sorry for one child living in those conditions,possibly more like it was another mouth to feed and an overcrowded MH.Since they rented,maybe they didn't contact the landlord about the sewage problem,because she would come look at the bathroom and therefore seeing how many people were living in there.It was suppose to be just the Aunt and her child,not the mother and other kids,plus bfs.

I'm not saying that she actually had them. I'm just saying that needing those things in order to bring Shaniya back to her care sounds like a guardianship arrangement.
Sorry, I might not have been too clear on that.
And forgive me if it sounded like I was criticizing your wording. I'm just confused how she could've convinced the dad that she was able to properly care for Shaniya. :)

There was a sewage problem not fixed in the home,bfs of both the Mom and Aunt have criminal history,there was a drug raid on the home before,and other children in there.It doesn't sound like someone would feel sorry for one child living in those conditions,possibly more like it was another mouth to feed and an overcrowded MH.Since they rented,maybe they didn't contact the landlord about the sewage problem,because she would come look at the bathroom and therefore seeing how many people were living in there.It was suppose to be just the Aunt and her child,not the mother and other kids,plus bfs.
Even under that scenario for not reporting the sewage problem, why didn't the "extras" just leave for the day and have maintenance come in and take care of the problem? It makes me think they either didn't care what kind of filth they lived in or the problem just started. MOO

IS site? Anybody want to help me out on that one if you can. If you can't I understand.

We are all hungry for information regarding Shaniya, but we really need to have links to back up what is being mentioned. Without links, we don't know what is FACT and what is not. :crazy:

I agree with you about the links. The biggest factual information we have is in the way of the video surveillance at the Comfort Suites in Sanford, NC.

We saw the who kidnapped Shaniya and took her to the motel. He is rightfully charged with First Degree Kidnapping. That's the fact. Everyone can speculate all the want and point fingers all they want, but the fact is Mario kidnapped her and took her to a motel. Last seen time, as we know it, for her is 6:11 a.m. on Tuesday.

Does anyone suspect that Shaniya's mother's sister, Brenda may have had a hand in getting Shaniya away from the environment in the home. Maybe she helped the grandparents find the "one" via her ex-boyfriend, McNeill, to take the little girl and deliver her to them. Maybe the mother really didn't want Shaniya in her life at all and sister helped her out.

Yes I suspect both the Mom and the Sister...

Brenda had her own child(the infant?) and apparently the environment was good enough for her child.
Although McNeill IMO looks like he did not think he was doing anything illegal in that video carrying Shaniya.

I agree with you about the links. The biggest factual information we have is in the way of the video surveillance at the Comfort Suites in Sanford, NC.

We saw the who kidnapped Shaniya and took her to the motel. He is rightfully charged with First Degree Kidnapping. That's the fact. Everyone can speculate all the want and point fingers all they want, but the fact is Mario kidnapped her and took her to a motel. Last seen time, as we know it, for her is 6:11 a.m. on Tuesday.

BBM

IMO that's what we are here to do. We take the FACTS we know (very minimal) and we look at all possibilities and form opinions or speculate what could have went down. We do point fingers while we sleuth and form our opinions.
IMO we do not KNOW he is guilty of kidnapping. He could have been handed the child by the mother. We don't know that is a fact.

I think it could have been one of those situations where she was with the Mom until mom went to jail...maybe DSS placed her with Dad and it sounds like DSS had those requirements...place to live and job etc ..Mom wanted her back and to see her..Dad wanted to work with her all within the confines of DSS without a custody arrangement settled. That happens a lot. Also before full custody is awarded to one parent usually the other parent has to fail. I've fought that so many times with children in school. It's like ok the child has to be put in an at risk setting and who knows what might happen before the right parent has custody. Usually guardian ad lietums (spellin) are appointed and they report back to the judge. This is what might have happened in this situation. I suspect DSS would be coming to take child back to Dad and checking up on Mom and family and maybe Mom got scared they'd lose her. Maybe pressure from family, fear of never seeing her again, etc I really think this is a familial abduction. For heaven's sake...how did they plan on hiding the child forever. Dad had proven he was trying to work with the Mom. What were they thinking! (These statements are my opionions and theories only)

Maybe this has been mentioned before, about why would extended family remove Shaniya but not other child. Maybe the other child's father is not involved in his life and there is no danger of the mom/family losing him unless DSS stepped in (which they finally did). But what if they knew the living conditions and mom's "holding it together" were deteriorating and that her father would catch wind of it and take her back.

So, this plan was hatched, and they found a willing participant to play the role of "kidnapper". Only something went wrong and LE was called too soon, or either MAM realized there were cameras there after the fact and decided he needed to get out of Dodge. I think (and hope) that they're just hiding her somewhere and trying to find a way to get her to extended relatives (if she's not already there).

FYI, I think getting Coe involved may have been an afterthought: they weren't expecting someone to see Shaniya being driven off with a black male who was probably described as having dreds or cornrows. When they were asked if they knew anyone who fit that description, they needed a scapegoat and immediately thought of Coe.

Given the mother's silence and no word from the maternal side of the family, I'm thinking this must be it - that they have her or know who does.

I was there last night when he showed up. Very cryptic and some of what he said was in direct conflict with news reports. He wasn't very helpful overall.

BBM

IMO that's what we are here to do. We take the FACTS we know (very minimal) and we look at all possibilities and form opinions or speculate what could have went down. We do point fingers while we sleuth and form our opinions.
IMO we do not KNOW he is guilty of kidnapping. He could have been handed the child by the mother. We don't know that is a fact.

IMO, if he had been handed the child by the mother, he would not be charged with First Degree Kidnapping. Also, it is nice to think that he handed her off to someone, but it is also very naive. There is only one reason a grown man would kidnap a 5-year old girl and take her to a motel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member