NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, missing from her home 11/10/09 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mario is guilty of something...we just don't know what yet.

The fact is that he is charged with first degree kidnapping, but for all we know, he only actually committed custodial interference or obstruction of justice. There is still the matter of how much Shaniya's mother knows and isn't saying.

I was there last night when he showed up. Very cryptic and some of what he said was in direct conflict with news reports. He wasn't very helpful overall.

Can anybody elaborate on what the jist of what he is saying?

I was there last night when he showed up. Very cryptic and some of what he said was in direct conflict with news reports. He wasn't very helpful overall.

Keep in mind that news reports are often mixed up, some truth, some incorrect. Usually they rush, and do not verify their facts and sources any more.

Is it confirmed that this is Shaniya's mother?

I have seen many Antoinette Davis and Antwanette Davis. Is this a guess, or really her?

It matches with what the news said about her being caught up in the drug bust.

That's why I stated it wasn't mine. I went back the link is still standing on the other thread, so I figure it was sufficiently checked.

Brenda had her own child(the infant?) and apparently the environment was good enough for her child.
Although McNeill IMO looks like he did not think he was doing anything illegal in that video carrying Shaniya.
I don't think he imagined he'd be arrested for kidnapping either. But how stupid is he ~ he'd have to suspect there would be surveillance cameras, and just him being alone with the child he should've known what allegations could be made against him. MOO

Brief video of Coe...

http://www.wral.com/news/local/video/6418668/

After watching the video, I assume he doesn't have his own car, or that maybe he doesn't have a valid license.

I have to say that I judged this guy negatively when the girl disappeared, and he's starting to sound like one of the few voices of reason in this thing. This reinforces my theory that he was the reason that 911 was called. As an ex-con he must have known (even if he learned the hard way) that he could demand an attorney and remain silent, even if LE refused to tell him the reason for his arrest, as he has alleged.

Maybe he and the father should get together and compare notes. I assume his relationship with mom is over. Sounds like she may have tried to feed him to the sharks.

IMO, if he had been handed the child by the mother, he would not be charged with First Degree Kidnapping. Also, it is nice to think that he handed her off to someone, but it is also very naive. There is only one reason a grown man would kidnap a 5-year old girl and take her to a motel.

There are lots of reasons a man would take a child to a hotel room. And he has not been convicted of kidnapping. And we still don't know what the mother knows.

We need to find facts here. Anything starting with IMO is not a fact.

IMO, if he had been handed the child by the mother, he would not be charged with First Degree Kidnapping. Also, it is nice to think that he handed her off to someone, but it is also very naive. There is only one reason a grown man would kidnap a 5-year old girl and take her to a motel.

I disagree. There could be several reasons.

For one, a man wanting to commit a sex crime on a child doesn't check in to a Comfort Suites. (my opinion)

I hope this is not true...:cry:

I really hope it's not true, too. My mind is having a hard time going there. I mean, why bother with a hotel? I'm really hoping this is a custody issue.

I respectfully disagree, naive or not - JMO
The point I was trying to make is in the post, it was stated that it was fact he kidnapped Shaniya. As far as I'm concerned, the only fact about that we know is he has been charged with kidnapping Shaniya. To me, that is 2 different things. There are innocent people who are charged all the time. (Coe)
Anyway, we do not know that he kidnapped is a fact at this time.
It may be speculation, as was said, but not a known fact.

If we are gonna talk about facts, the only fact I know of is Shaniya is missing, two people have been charged, one released, no word from mom to date.

Can anybody elaborate on what the jist of what he is saying?

The jist was basically that dad has been fighting for full custody. According to the "friend" dad works out of town, but would see Shaniya whenever he was in Fayetteville. According to the friend, this has been the situation for the last 3-4 years. According to the friend, dad was already scheduled to fly into Fayetteville the Tuesday Shaniya went missing. That's about it I think.

I agree with you about the links. The biggest factual information we have is in the way of the video surveillance at the Comfort Suites in Sanford, NC.

We saw the who kidnapped Shaniya and took her to the motel. He is rightfully charged with First Degree Kidnapping. That's the fact. Everyone can speculate all the want and point fingers all they want, but the fact is Mario kidnapped her and took her to a motel. Last seen time, as we know it, for her is 6:11 a.m. on Tuesday.
Right now he is charged with kidnapping but I'm not seeing any proof so far that he is guilty of that charge. Someone in that mobile home could've arranged for him to take Shaniya to someone else, somewhere. I'd like some more questions answered, such as did he forceably enter the mobile home and take her, did he meet up with someone at the motel, or what has happened to Shaniya since answered before I'll vote "guilty". MOO

If this is a custody issue though, what does MAM have to gain by keeping quiet about Shaniya's whereabouts? What relationship with this family does he have that he would sit in jail over a custody battle that doesn't affect him directly? You'd think he'd say f this and worry about covering his own butt.

I disagree. There could be several reasons.

For one, a man wanting to commit a sex crime on a child doesn't check in to a Comfort Suites. (my opinion)
I wouldn't think so either. He could've taken her some place else without video cameras and further away. My question right now is what is the connection with Sanford? Anyone in this case have friends or relatives there?

There are lots of reasons a man would take a child to a hotel room. And he has not been convicted of kidnapping. And we still don't know what the mother knows.

We need to find facts here. Anything starting with IMO is not a fact.

That's why I posted that the only fact we have is this man with the kidnapped child on video surveillance from a motel.

If this is a custody issue though, what does MAM have to gain by keeping quiet about Shaniya's whereabouts? What relationship with this family does he have that he would sit in jail over a custody battle that doesn't affect him directly? You'd think he'd say f this and worry about covering his own butt.
Especially since his next court appearance isn't until Dec. 2. I don't think it's a custody issue. All mom had to do if she didn't want Shaniya was return her to the dad. Unless there was some money involved coming from the black market, maybe, or if she owed someone a huge $$$ debt. MOO

The jist was basically that dad has been fighting for full custody. According to the "friend" dad works out of town, but would see Shaniya whenever he was in Fayetteville. According to the friend, this has been the situation for the last 3-4 years. According to the friend, dad was already scheduled to fly into Fayetteville the Tuesday Shaniya went missing. That's about it I think.

Correct me if I'm wrong CharlestonGal but...the alleged friend of the Dad who was posting indicated that Dad was now engaged and usually worked in Fayetteville 10 mos out of the year but was out of town around 3 mos...Texas I think..Right..

That's where I get stuck with the whole custodial kidnapping angle, too. What's in it for McNeill and why would he sit in jail and remain silent? That doesn't make sense at all.

can somebody possibly give me the first letter of the poster in IS so I can find him. I can't as of now.
TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member