Found Safe NC - Shaylie Madden, 7-week-old infant, Biltmore Park in Asheville, 9 May 2019 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
OMG. I'm watching presser. Baby Shaylie was thrown into a 75 foot deep ravine while in her car seat. Baby was out of car seat when found. He can't comment on the baby's condition. She was only found because a woman went to get her mail and heard an infant crying. The woman called her husband and he heard it too and searched and found the baby down the ravine.

A little more recap from the presser:
Mother is charged with attempted murder for allegedly throwing her baby down the ravine. There were no carjackers. Press asked about postpartum depression and he couldn't comment but said they are still investigating. It sounds as if they are trying to make sure no one else was involved in staging the scene (MOO). They are not releasing name of the person who called 911 to say Krista and Shaylie had been kidnapped. They only said it was not the mom who called. They believe the person who called 911 believed Krista's story and that the 911 caller thought it was a kidnapping. But all other info so far has shown that no kidnappers existed. They will release the 911 transcripts. They could be adding more charges to Krista for lying to the police.

OMG. I'm watching presser. Baby Shaylie was thrown into a 75 foot deep ravine while in her car seat. Baby was out of car seat when found. He can't comment on the baby's condition. She was only found because a woman went to get her mail and heard an infant crying. The woman called her husband and he heard it too and searched and found the baby down the ravine.
This boils my blood......

The DA spoke briefly and when asked by the press he said Postpartum depression is not enough to negate criminal liability. As long as she is competent to stand trail she can't use that as a defense. PPD may explain her actions but it cannot excuse it under the law. (My paraphrase of his statement-- see Presser for exact quotes).

Presser is over.

Exactly.

The mother's story never made any sense from the start.

Thank God the woman heard the baby's cry AND that it was in the car seat.

IMO It really is a miracle baby Shaylie was found alive. Just a little correction -- baby had tumbled OUT of the car seat when found. This may mean the fall was pretty bad or she might not have been buckled into it when thrown in the ravine. :mad::(

I really hope she is not seriously injured and survives. The LEO would not comment on the baby's condition other than to say it was by the Grace of God she was found alive.

In my wildest imagination, I would never have dreamed that baby was thrown down a ravine.

We're a jaded bunch round here aren't we?
Sadly, we are -- we all love to rejoice, smile, and feel good about one with a happy ending, but like Billie Holiday sang so sadly about her addiction, knowing it would not leave her alone, we say again and again, "Good Morning, Heartache, sit down."

"It" leaves us every now & then, and allows us take a refreshing breath -- but we know that around the next corner, "it" will be back.
So glad this little girl still has a chance at life.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18
Back