Found Safe NC - Shaylie Madden, 7-week-old infant, Biltmore Park in Asheville, 9 May 2019 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks for the article -- this may not surprise many of us -- we have certainly seen this before. If it turns out that this is indeed what happened, she (and any others) will be charged -- but what about all the work LE and neighbors, etc., did on this case, thinking they were searching for kidnappers? It helps build a solid case against the offender(s), but it's just not right, IMO.

And one more thing,

Welcome to Websleuths,
Rtbk449 !!!

I guess just saying your child was kidnapped hasn’t been successful for these abusers, so the new lie is that the parent was also kidnapped, yet somehow escaped. :rolleyes::mad:

I was skeptical, but hopeful, when this case started (as usual). At least the baby is safe this time. Postpartum depression is evil, I know, but to throw your baby down a ravine is a special kind of unforgivable evil. Unfortunately, I seriously doubt she will be held accountable if she uses PPD as a defense. JMO

No, the bond was quite high. At the pressor it was said she has two private attorney's and they have been in contact with the DA. I wouldn't imagine she would be able to bond out until there is another hearing next week.

Two people, a man and a woman, wearing ski masks, on a warm spring day, in an upscale neighborhood, carjack a woman and a seven week old infant?
Ok then.
Yep, ok then.
Why does a woman think it is better to kill her child than to fess up and tell her husband/parents/friends that she wants nothing to do with the child? In what universe is attempted murder better than admitting your weakness?

Sheriff Griffin said that investigators had enough probable cause to charge Madden with attempted first-degree murder, but did not provide additional details. Madden was booked into the Henderson County Jail and bond was set at $750,000.
Krista Noelle Madden: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

10% of $750,000 =$75,000.
There's no doubt in my mind that she's out on bond. I pray her family isn't allowing her to be alone with her children or any other defenseless creature.

KRISTA NOELLE MADDEN
Custody Record
Age35
GenderFemale
RaceWhite
Ethnicity Non-Hispanic
Date of Birth Dec 21, 1983
ID Number1905045
Custody Status Date May 09, 2019 11:56 PM EDT
Custody StatusIn Custody
Custody Detail Henderson County Detention Center
Book Date May 09, 2019 11:43 PM EDT

Hendersonville, Hendersonville,

From Vinelink, however I can't get her name to come up on the inmate search for BC Jail.

KRISTA NOELLE MADDEN
Custody Record
Age35
GenderFemale
RaceWhite
Ethnicity Non-Hispanic
Date of Birth Dec 21, 1983
ID Number1905045
Custody Status Date May 09, 2019 11:56 PM EDT
Custody StatusIn Custody
Custody Detail Henderson County Detention Center
Book Date May 09, 2019 11:43 PM EDT

Hendersonville, Hendersonville,

From Vinelink, however I can't get her name to come up on the inmate search for BC Jail.
So she was booked, but she's no longer in jail. :mad:

Thanks for finding that.

D6N-SDMX4AEvqdL.jpg

Karen Zatkulak‏ @WLOSKaren 1h1 hour ago
#Update Krista Madden just had her court appearance. She’s charged with attempted first-degree murder. Authorities say she tossed her 7-week-old baby down a 75 foot ravine. Miraculously, the baby is okay. #Latest @WLOS_13

Her story was well thought out, elaborate, and logical. Imo, this doesn't fit with being an illogical, psychotic, postpartum depression mom, but that will be her defense.

It also doesn't fit that throwing her baby down a 75 foot ravine was only an attempt to get attention from her husband, who may work very long hours(?).

Imo, what "fits" is that mom wanted to kill her baby. I wonder if this baby was born with some disability.

It was only by God's grace that this baby was found. If a hard of hearing person lived near that cliff, the baby wouldn't have been found. If the family that found this baby had been on vacation, the baby wouldn't have been found. If a bear, cougar, coyote, fox, 1/4th-inch-sized fire ant or another hungry species had found this baby, it wouldn't have been found alive.

OMG. I'm watching presser. Baby Shaylie was thrown into a 75 foot deep ravine while in her car seat. Baby was out of car seat when found. He can't comment on the baby's condition. She was only found because a woman went to get her mail and heard an infant crying. The woman called her husband and he heard it too and searched and found the baby down the ravine.
So much worse than I initially thought. I just can’t fathom why these “people” don’t just give their kids up for adoption. There are probably millions of couples out there who would love to raise this baby.

I just saw this,I knew something sounded off about this case but after hearing baby was found alive I just thought kidnappers left the baby somewhere.It did flash in my head for a second that mom left baby there because a masked couple did not make sense.The description of the couple had me thinking she was reading about Meghan and Harry in the news.

This is from the local news in the Raleigh-Durham area:

Mother of baby reported missing from Asheville charged with attempted murder
Mother of baby reported missing from Asheville charged with attempted murder :: WRAL.com

I did not realize that the 911 call and LE finding the mom were at two different times. So who could have called 911? Certainly not a witness if there was no kidnapping (unless others were in on this elaborate ruse).

So did mom contact someone with her cell and say that she was kidnapped? I know they pinged her cell to find the car, but I haven’t heard if mom had the cell on her when LE found her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tawnitrevino
Back