Found Safe NC - Shaylie Madden, 7-week-old infant, Biltmore Park in Asheville, 9 May 2019 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Last edited:
The caller, who is not identified per state law, said he or she received text messages from Madden saying, "Help" and "Losing signal."
911 call on faked kidnapping: 'Either way there is a 7-week-old little infant in trouble'

If the bleeding hearts won't prosecute her for attempted murder, maybe someone will at least prosecute her for driving 2o minutes while texting while driving. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

No postpartum psychosis story on the internet is this complex and thought out. This isn't psychosis. Heck, when I was 2 months postpartum I was too tired to clearly speak while on the phone to my mom. I certainly didn't have the mental faculties to text while driving like Krista did. :mad:

Although I believe you can still act logically whil
I don't know if it would necessarily manifest itself that way. It could be something like, "this baby won't stop crying and she's doing it on purpose. " That would be an initial delusion that could lead to more irrational thoughts if she believed it. And I could see someone still acting logical even while holding on to irrational beliefs. I know an attorney who had a psychotic break. She was incredibly paranoid. When she was taken to the hospital against her will and her parents tried to speak to the doctor, she was screaming, "don't even think about violating my HIPAA rights." So even though she was in the middle of a delusional, psychotic episode, a part of her could still understand the legal implications of HIPAA. I don't think it's always so black and white.
However, I personally can't fathom how anyone would get to the point of throwing her child down an embankment. The fact that there was no inhibition in play makes me think she would have been exhibiting some serious symptoms beforehand...if it truly was post partum psychosis. (MOO)
Quoting myself, hah. Although I believe you can still act logically while experiencing psychosis, law enforcement will be focusing in on whether or not she could cognitively understand right from wrong. I think lying and covering up clearly demonstrates she had some level of understanding, even if she was experiencing delusions.
I'm sure her lack of criminal behavior in the past will be considered. And at the same time she is not a young, inexperienced, uneducated, single mother. PPD can happen to any woman, but in her case I would think it would be caught long before it spiraled to the point of attempted infanticide.

I'll never forget when my eldest was a newborn and I was the only one taking care of her. She was a colicky baby and one day she screamed and screamed as usual and I 'snapped' and yelled at her to stop her crying or I'd throw her in the garbage bin. o_O It was weird. I didn't want to get rid of her at all, loved and still love her to death. I stopped in my tracks and held her while ugly crying. It was a mess. I didn't even realize I needed help, either. Thankfully soon after my mom did realize it and she helped out so much. It didn't sink in until many years later how much my mom really did back then.

I get saying 'why didn't she seek help/say something' in cases like this - but it's not as simple as that, IMO. Sometimes you don't even realize you need help.

All MOO
It’s scary! With my eldest, he was an easy baby, but I was young and his birth was scary and traumatic. I never heard him cry in the night, I would cry and cry while rocking him, had thoughts of just leaving in the middle of the night and being done with it. I am thankful his father was so involved. He would get up with him all the time. I didn’t even realize until years later how much I would have benefited from help. I just always figured I was a bad mom because I wasn’t “in love” with the idea of it all as everyone had drilled into my head that I should have been. It’s bizarre to even think about now.

Well...well...well....

The person who called 911 to report a kidnapping that law officials now say was fictitious said Asheville mother Krista Noelle Madden sent text messages claiming she was put in the trunk of her car while walking her newborn infant in Biltmore Park.
"The car is gone," the caller told the 911 operator. "I don't know where she would've gone for a walk then if she took the car. And I don't know if this is a hoax. But I've been trying to reach her. And it just says, 'Don't call the phone. I've been abducted."
911 call on faked kidnapping: 'Either way there is a 7-week-old little infant in trouble'

Now this sounds like a Borderline Personality Disorder cry for attention, imo. Sorry...not sorry.
WTH!

Cosmetic surgery? For a 6 week old? Maybe the baby has something like Sturge-Weber Syndrome which occurs with bizarre face birthmarks, developmental disorder, seizures, glaucoma, and other serious health problems with which some moms won’t accept.

Krista’s FB page had only photos of her newborn from discharge day from the hospital which was odd considering she shared numerous photos of her older child

I read this recently about a baby with facial disfigurement from SWS who received cosmetic surgery.
Ex-‘Bachelor’ finalist says son’s birthmark mistaken for measles after treatment for rare disorder: 'I cried after that comment'

Asked if Madden had shown signs of depression before the incident last week, Devereux said, "Not depression so much as she'd sort of been stressed."

“…the new baby just had some sort of cosmetic surgery..”

Krista Madden attorney: Incident came 'totally out of the blue'

WTH?

I wonder if she had club foot or something similar? It looks like there is something on her foot that has been whited out in the main AA photo released. The way the baby holds her feet together in another photo reminds me of other club foot babies I have seen. They sort of turn their feet inward and overlap their feet one on top of the other. Also, the 911 call from the people who found her mentioned her leg was broken. Perhaps they said that because her leg was in a cast from surgery? MOO.
add1a7d7-fe4c-49bb-af28-b47a71e3294a-baby.jpg

13349186-7015643-image-a-31_1557506704920.jpg

Mother charged with faking kidnapping and throwing her baby down 75-foot ravine | Daily Mail Online

You've got a good eye, Gardener.

Both babies feet in casts=could be metatarsus verus
But that's not shameful. Why block that out of photo? Very sad and sickening. Very superficial!

Cosmetic surgery for metatarsus verus doesn't occur. A ped. orthopedic surgeon casts them. Maybe the defense attorney was just clueless about the surgery part.

Last edited:
My daughter has metatarsus adductus, where her feet were shaped inward into a c shape. The way her feet are turned reminds me of that. They do not do surgery, and casts would typically be up above the knee for this and also would be above the knee for clubfoot.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum
Back