NC - Skyler Wilson Died of Hypoxic Brain Injury From “Swaddling” by Adoptive Parents Joseph & Jodi Wilson - Mount Airy

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

CrimeSlog

Reaction score

"Two Surry County parents were arrested on Friday after a 4-year-old was murdered this month, according to a Surry County Sheriff’s Office news release.

On Jan. 6, the SCSO a call from Child Protective Services about four-year-old Skyler Wilson who had been taken to Brenner’s Children’s Hospital by Surry County EMS after suffering from a medical emergency the previous day.

Skyler died on Jan. 9.

The SCSO Criminal Investigative Division initiated an investigation into the death and has requested the assistance of the North Carolina State Bureau of Investigation.

Investigators learned Skyler died from abuse injuries by his parents, and his death is being investigated as a homicide.

Joseph Paul Wilson, 41, and Jodi Ann Wilson, 38, of Mount Airy, were arrested for the murder of Skyler Friday, deputies say.

Joseph and Jodi are being held at the Surry County Detention Center under no bond.

Other children in their custody have now been turned over to the Department of Social Services."

"While speaking with a doctor, Joseph Wilson said that his wife texted him around 5:30 p.m. that “something had happened” with Skyler being swaddled and that something was wrong with his arms. Wilson refers to “swaddling” as a parenting technique learned from a woman named “Nancy Thomas” in the warrant.

He told the doctor that they put Skyler to bed around 6:45 p.m. in a “wagon” that was Skyler’s bed. They said that a little while later they heard him “moving “wiggling” around and attempted to move him. Skyler fell over and Joseph Wilson set Skyler on the couch, where he was “rigid and semi-responsive.”

Warrants say that they tried to give the boy some water, and he took a few sips before refusing.

Joseph Wilson then called 911 and told them that a four-year-old was having a seizure. The call came into Surry County Communications around 8:19 p.m. and a female can be heard in the background saying “it’s my fault,” according to the warrants.

Surry County EMS found Skyler Wilson unresponsive and not breathing on his own, and he was taken to the hospital."

From the above link: Local business owners said that Wilson’s business, Affordable Wellness, closed before his arrest, and said they didn’t even know the Wilsons had adopted children before the news broke.

Link to Affordable Wellness in Mount Airy: Home - Affordable Wellness

So, Dr. Joe Wilson, the Chiropractor, is this poor boy's father? A Chiropractor? A health professional that condones "swaddling"?

From the above link: Local business owners said that Wilson’s business, Affordable Wellness, closed before his arrest, and said they didn’t even know the Wilsons had adopted children before the news broke.

Link to Affordable Wellness in Mount Airy: Home - Affordable Wellness

So, Dr. Joe Wilson, the Chiropractor, is this poor boy's father? A Chiropractor? A health professional that condones "swaddling"?
Chiropractic is not a legitimate medical practice. I have a lot to say on that topic and won't bore you - but ugh!

and on that website, how strange is it that they mention having 3 daughters but no son?
1674278323662.png
*Edited b/c I realized afterwards that they were his "adoptive parents" but still... I wonder how long he has been in their custody?

Skyler's sweet little smile melts my heart. I can't even imagine the horrors he lived through with these adoptive "parents" prior to his death. :mad:

SBM

257CF4FC7072D2A7D6682EAB54A48221.jpg
Skyler-Wilson.jpg
70468813AE3181CEE8633E191D245597_1.jpg

Rest in peace, little man. :(

4 years old? I know next to zip about the true practice of "swaddling" but I was super surprised this turned out to be a 4 year old child. No age in thread title and 4 months is what registered in my brain upon first scan. Nope, 4 YEARS old. and adopted into the family that killed him.

ETA: there's another brother. Skyler's brother also "cared for" by this pair.

Before I even read the articles, I knew what this was going to be about. And I'm furious.

When are people going to stop doing this to children?

It kills them. It kills so many beautiful children, whose only 'crime' is being autistic, being disabled, being adopted, being defiant, being CHILDREN with will and stubbornness and individuality that doesn't meet some adults' idea of what they want to force their child to be.

I read about Terrance Cottrell TWENTY YEARS AGO, and it broke me.

Twenty years, and people are still killing kids like this. These kids struggle, unable to breathe, dying slowly, begging for their parents to just let them go, to let them take one, just one, breath of air. And the 'therapists' who promote this tell the parents that that's the moment to press harder, to squeeze tighter, to scream at them louder, to curse their defiance.

And so these precious babies, unable to take a breath, die. Because their heart gives out, because their brain gives out. Their eyes speckle with petechiae, their lips and nails turn blue, their deoxygenated blood stops flowing. Or they have a fatal seizure, or their head gets compressed or knocked, and they have a subdural haematoma. And they die.

And people STILL KEEP DOING IT.

The only cure found in this practice is death. Your kid can't have a tantrum, sass back, or spin and stim if they're dead.

These people, the parents, the person who told them to do this, they all need to get the book thrown at them. Because this can't keep happening. This has to stop. My heart can't take it. So many beautiful children, tortured to death for being themselves. For being beautiful, imperfect individuals.

I'm so sorry, Skyler. It should have been a better world you were born into. It's unforgivable what happened to you. I only hope you didn't suffer long.

Before I even read the articles, I knew what this was going to be about. And I'm furious.

When are people going to stop doing this to children?

It kills them. It kills so many beautiful children, whose only 'crime' is being autistic, being disabled, being adopted, being defiant, being CHILDREN with will and stubbornness and individuality that doesn't meet some adults' idea of what they want to force their child to be.

I read about Terrance Cottrell TWENTY YEARS AGO, and it broke me.

Twenty years, and people are still killing kids like this. These kids struggle, unable to breathe, dying slowly, begging for their parents to just let them go, to let them take one, just one, breath of air. And the 'therapists' who promote this tell the parents that that's the moment to press harder, to squeeze tighter, to scream at them louder, to curse their defiance.

And so these precious babies, unable to take a breath, die. Because their heart gives out, because their brain gives out. Their eyes speckle with petechiae, their lips and nails turn blue, their deoxygenated blood stops flowing. Or they have a fatal seizure, or their head gets compressed or knocked, and they have a subdural haematoma. And they die.

And people STILL KEEP DOING IT.

The only cure found in this practice is death. Your kid can't have a tantrum, sass back, or spin and stim if they're dead.

These people, the parents, the person who told them to do this, they all need to get the book thrown at them. Because this can't keep happening. This has to stop. My heart can't take it. So many beautiful children, tortured to death for being themselves. For being beautiful, imperfect individuals.

I'm so sorry, Skyler. It should have been a better world you were born into. It's unforgivable what happened to you. I only hope you didn't suffer long.
The most heartbreaking is that he was adopted.
They chose him, then killed him.

The most heartbreaking is that he was adopted.
They chose him, then killed him.
They do this so often to autistic and disabled kids, but the other group it gets done to most is adopted kids. It's touted as a cure for any attachment issues or disharmony in the parent child relationship. Look up holding therapy, rebirthing therapy. It's all garbage that kills kids who did nothing wrong but exist and not be perfect. It's abuse, it's slow torture, it's murder, that probably feels cathartic for the parent but is nothing but a terrifying and painful prolonged death for the child.

They do this so often to autistic and disabled kids, but the other group it gets done to most is adopted kids. It's touted as a cure for any attachment issues or disharmony in the parent child relationship. Look up holding therapy, rebirthing therapy. It's all garbage that kills kids who did nothing wrong but exist and not be perfect. It's abuse, it's slow torture, it's murder, that probably feels cathartic for the parent but is nothing but a terrifying and painful prolonged death for the child.
Oh I know of Dangerous Nancy

I knew nothing about this "swaddling" or "holding" technique and am horrified and sickened by it. It sounds like Skyler was killed the way a boa constrictor or python kills their prey. I wonder if Skyler's brother or any of the couple's biological children also received this inhumane treatment, or Skyler was the only child who was abused.

I knew nothing about this "swaddling" or "holding" technique and am horrified and sickened by it. It sounds like Skyler was killed the way a boa constrictor or python kills their prey. I wonder if Skyler's brother or any of the couple's biological children also received this inhumane treatment, or Skyler was the only child who was abused.
That's essentially right. Positional asphyxia, compression. The body dies because the chest can't expand to take in enough air to sustain life. It's very slow, and the body tries desperately to prioritise the vital organs, until finally, there just isn't anything left. Think The Crucible. The man, Giles Corey, who was pressed to death. He was a real person, a real victim of the witch trials, you can look him up on Wikipedia. It took him THREE DAYS to die.

Thinking of Candace Newmaker, Terrance Cottrell, Cairo Ammar Jordan, and Abdul-Ghani Wahhaj, today, as well, as you, Skyler.

If there is an afterlife, if there is a god, they won't expect you to be something you're not. And they'll judge those who killed you for being yourselves accordingly.

You play nice together and have fun. You deserve it.

Oxygen published a very comprehensive article on this case. I asked the mods, because I wasn't sure if it was an approved source, but I thought the article had great merit in shining light on this case. I received the green light to link.

I will say, I'm not going to excerpt or summarise, I'm just going to link, so that readers can choose whether to read or not. Whatever you thought about what Skyler went through... it's worse. It's so much worse. And if you don't want that in your head, it's understandable, just scroll on and consider lighting a candle, or saying a prayer, or just taking a moment of silence for what this precious child endured. That's all.

Adoptive Parents Charged With Murder After North Carolina Boy Dies During Supposed Exorcism | Oxygen Official Site

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amber42
Back