Found Deceased NC - Stephanie Mayorga, 27, & Paige Escalera, 25, Wilmington, 15 Apr 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This may have been addressed... And I missed it...

But...
has it been reported there were skid marks (indicating a sudden awareness of the danger ahead)...
or, on the other hand, was there NO evidence of skid marks indicating a desire to go pell mell into a dangerous (even deadly) situation...
Or perhaps a full non-awareness of a wall, etc. ...

I hope this makes sense...

I guess what I am wondering if there was any indication that this could have been suicide/murder by car crash as opposed to a devastating error in decision/choice?

Just thinking out loud here...

But...
has it been reported there were skid marks (indicating a sudden awareness of the danger ahead)...
or, on the other hand, was there NO evidence of skid marks indicating a desire to go pell mell into a dangerous (even deadly) situation...

I guess what I am wondering if there was any indication that this could have been suicide/murder by car crash as opposed to a devastating error in decision/choice?

I don't think I have read anything about skid marks or the accident itself so far - great point. I'm thinking there is more to this than a crash in the woods....that led to the deaths.
JMO

Just how hidden was the car, to sit there for two weeks without being seen?

I have to wonder if that part of the woods has a lot of kudzu. It's hard to find vehicles/bodies in areas overrun with kudzu, just as it is hard to find wrecks/bodies in areas of the PNW that have heavy blackberry, raspberry, and salmonberry infestations.

I don't think I have read anything about skid marks or the accident itself so far - great point. I'm thinking there is more to this than a crash in the woods....that led to the deaths.
JMO

I think, although Occam's Razor usually rules, that there is something very odd about this, too. I hope the autopsies will give more information.

I have been following this case and saw this post on fb today - I am not the author. I am attaching the screenshot. It truly makes the most sense to me.

Imgur

Also, the evening they went missing there was a pretty big storm. It was very windy and rainy.

We are also having a lot more wildlife sightings-- coyotes, alligators, etc since the stay at home order. Maybe this contributed to the accident?

Another thing to take into consideration is that we have frequent boom sounds. There is no explanation to these loud booms but sometimes we hear these loud booms for no reason. They are referred as: Seneca Guns. Read about them here: What's That Sound? The Seneca Guns - Island Life NC

Perhaps the 911 caller was second guessing themselves and LE chalked it up to thunder or the Seneca guns? I have no idea but if you don't live here you would never even think of this.

I have been following this case and saw this post on fb today - I am not the author. I am attaching the screenshot. It truly makes the most sense to me.

Imgur

Also, the evening they went missing there was a pretty big storm. It was very windy and rainy.

We are also having a lot more wildlife sightings-- coyotes, alligators, etc since the stay at home order. Maybe this contributed to the accident?

Another thing to take into consideration is that we have frequent boom sounds. There is no explanation to these loud booms but sometimes we hear these loud booms for no reason. They are referred as: Seneca Guns. Read about them here: What's That Sound? The Seneca Guns - Island Life NC

Perhaps the 911 caller was second guessing themselves and LE chalked it up to thunder or the Seneca guns? I have no idea but if you don't live here you would never even think of this.

WOW, those pics tell quite a different story than what has been reported and help dispel several mysteries about the crash, such as doubts about speed, no broken car parts on the scene, etc.

WOW, those pics tell quite a different story than what has been reported and help dispel several mysteries about the crash, such as doubts about speed, no broken car parts on the scene, etc.
You need to see the video from this morning taken at the crash site. I cant reference here b/c it's social media. There are not skid marks b/c car went airborne and landed against a tree. Plenty of car parts left. Car was going at high rate of speed but maybe not 100 mph.

But...

My thinking based on social media sleuthing...
No skids marks. Only a mark on the curb where the car hit and went airborne.
Impaired driving could be a factor based on court records of DWI and beer in hand
No marks on wall, straight shot, high rate of speed, airborne into woods landing against tree with a thud or boom

Imgur

Me and my boyfriend have been hearing loud gun sounding pops lately. Usually late, around 10pm at night.

Copy of 911 call has been requested by several "news reporters" so hopefully we will eventually know time of call. Meanwhile .Latest update from WECT

"WILMINGTON, N.C. (WECT) - 911 calls reveal that someone saw a grey car speed down Independence Boulevard and fly through River Road on April 15, the night two women were last seen in Wilmington.

“Listen this is like, really serious,” the 911 caller said. “The car didn’t stop at the stop sign and keeps driving so fast...I was seeing with my back mirror - the car smashed the wall there."

As the caller waited for emergency crews to respond to the area, he continued to explain what he had seen in his left side mirror, “the car like disappear[ed] inside the tree.”

Emergency crews searched the area that night, but didn’t find the car.'

Imgur

Great post. I for one, do not blame LE for not finding them immediately, I don't blame the caller for not looking more. This was a tragic accident.

Just saw this -- please forgive if it's a repeat --

Car Registered to Missing N.C. Couple with Bodies Inside Was Likely in 'High-Velocity' Crash

On Monday, Paige Escalera's car was found "deep in the woods and covered in vegetation" with two bodies inside

By Harriet Sokmensuer
May 06, 2020 12:15 PM

According to Wilmington, N.C., police, the 2013 Dodge Dart belonging to Paige Escalera -- who went missing on April 15 with her fiancée, Stephanie Mayorga -- may have been involved in "an extremely high-velocity crash."

On Monday, the vehicle was found "deep in the woods and covered in vegetation" with two bodies inside— three weeks after Escalera and Mayorga were first reported missing.
[...]

"A caller advised that they saw a car in their rear view mirror heading west on Independence Boulevard, going at a high rate of speed, possibly hitting a wall and then going into the wooded area," according to a police news release.

[...]
The two bodies found inside the vehicle are awaiting autopsy.

Gmail

Just how hidden was the car, to sit there for two weeks without being seen?
From the photos it looks like the car entered the brush and just kept going forward and the brush closed behind the car, concealing it from view.IMO, just the fact that there are absolutely no brake tire marks tells me that the brakes were never used. If you were traveling very fast on Independence Blvd, River Rd. would appear suddenly.

All of this is MOO of course. I am thinking more along the lines of either murder/suicide or possibly even suicide/suicide. Definitely not victim bashing in anyway, but reading back about the various charges between the two of them lately, coupled with both of them attending college I wonder if it might have been just too much. The cost of possible fines, bails, court dates, college courses etc. along, with the coronavirus outbreak could have caused a lot of financial stress between them. Also, wondering on their career choices, criminal justice and a surgeon. Definitely not inexpensive courses and I wonder how those charges would effect their chosen career paths.

As I said just MOO

I agree with your thinking. Also, if the brakes were used it would have left marks on the highway and since LE and EMTs and Firemen could not find the car that tells me that there were no marks on the highway.
Agree -- this may not have been an accident, but how could anyone or any investigation prove accident vs. purposeful with no brake marks?
Re brakes -- if if was, or had been, raining, the car could have hydroplaned which would have made braking no help.
The "high-speed" part of it is disturbing. Can that be proved w/o brake marks if there are none? Some cars have a "black-box" type thing, but this is usually only on high-performance and expensive vehicles. If high-speeding, why? Maybe the level of damage to the car could be examined to determine the likely speed of impact. An accident investigator can do amazing things. Many LE depts have crash investigators that can do some amazing things.
Still lotsa work to do -- let's hope.
Oh, their poor parents...
May they both rest in peace.

Last edited:
My thinking based on social media sleuthing...
No skids marks. Only a mark on the curb where the car hit and went airborne.
Impaired driving could be a factor based on court records of DWI and beer in hand
No marks on wall, straight shot, high rate of speed, airborne into woods landing against tree with a thud or boom
Yes, that huge Cypress tree would be like hitting a brick wall. I imagine that the car parts are at the tree location and not visible from the street.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnnemarieNL
Back