GUILTY NC - Teghan Skiba, 4, Smithfield, 19 July 2010 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following this case the last few weeks has been horrifying to say the least! How anyone thinks it's okay to treat another human life the way that did cannot be understood.

I am not a believer in God, but this has left me feeling that one day, after I'm gone from this world, that I can find Teghan and hug her and run through rolling fields of purple butterflies with her
When I hear of abuse to children I somehow feel attached to them, like I should have been able to do something! I know it is not logical to think or feel that way, but if more people did ( like grandma) for instance maybe we wouldn't have to hear so many of these terrifying things

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-----------
Hi Rhozwen, you must stay! when Jodi goes up we will transfer to the parking lot and can have a party!! I think they will let us if we promise to behave. We can put a similie on a stick of someone~right on the first page. Maybe they will let us have a beer. We have been waiting 6 years for this! :floorlaugh: :loveyou:

BornDem at least you know I love you!!!

:blushing: Awwww, Nore, you made my day!! I needed that, as do all of us!! Thanks!

We all need a little love today, don't we?! Whew. :loveyou:

So many people to thank for keeping us all informed during this horrific trial. Special thanks to those of you who are locals giving us a flavor for the community. If you need help with ribbons, let us know...I know I can send enough purple ribbon to go around the moon to support that little girl and her Skiba grandparents. Long time trial watcher and I have never read any case that equals this.
What a statement the jury made with their quick verdict and direct eye contact they made with the monster when they indicated they agreed with the verdict. Many thanks to them and their service.
Hopefully the next trial we navigate will be a little easier on our nervous system!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As justice comes for Teghan, there a couple of things that bother me:

1. Why the PA was defending the Creech grandma? He said we had to excuse her for not doing something when she heard Teghan whimpering because the grandma had lived in fear of him for years. PUHLEASE she KNEW what it was to live in fear of JR, she knew what he was capable of, but did nothing and left a defenseless child to die. IMO that makes her more responsible. The law should change so she should be held accountable.

2. Currently the State of NC has a DE FACTO MORATORIUM against executions, the last one was in 8/2006 and appeals continue. JR doesn't deserve to breathe anymore.

Two more steps for Justice for Teghan--DP for JR and a guilty for HR!

Thank you, Jury. Thank you.

Cable was out for 12 hours in my area today, of all days!!!!! :banghead:
Just got service back. First thing I did was check WRAL for verdict.

Second thing was read all your posts and twitter updates. Thank you all for being here to bear witness and keep those of us, who could not be in attendance, informed.

Thank goodness for this wonderful jury.

See ya'll tomorrow for penalty phase.
:loveyou:

YES!!!!!! An hour! I heart you, Jury! They probably went into the jury room, took a vote, then played "hangman" for 59 minutes because they felt a one minute verdict may be too quick.

Good Morning, Justice-loving Peeps -

I wonder how our Guilty-on-all-counts doomed-to-gloom convicted monster slept last night. I'm sure, by the time he got back to the lock-up, his fellow prisoners knew that he was in their lockup only for a few more days... I assume they will keep him close by until the penalty phase is over. Then he'll go to The Big House :jail: for the rest of his (I hope) miserable life. Always looking behind him, to make sure he won't get ambushed a possibly violated. He's stupid, so it may not take long...

Been thinkin' -- What was he planning when he went to buy that hasp for the shed door? Certainly to keep maw-maw (and whoever) out and to keep his barely 4-y/o hostage in. Was he already planning to do things to her? Or did he "lose it" (to use his words) and start then? It doesn't matter, of course, but did he plan horrible things even before Helen left town? Did he have fantasies about doing that to someone (anyone)?

I wonder how our Guilty-on-all-counts doomed-to-gloom convicted monster slept last night. I'm sure, by the time he got back to the lock-up, his fellow prisoners knew that he was in their lockup only for a few more days... I assume they will keep him close by until the penalty phase is over. Then he'll go to The Big House :jail: for the rest of his (I hope) miserable life. Always looking behind him, to make sure he won't get ambushed a possibly violated. He's stupid, so it may not take long...

Been thinkin' -- What was he planning when he went to buy that hasp for the shed door? Certainly to keep maw-maw (and whoever) out and to keep his barely 4-y/o hostage in. Was he already planning to do things to her? Or did he "lose it" (to use his words) and start then? It doesn't matter, of course, but did he plan horrible things even before Helen left town? Did he have fantasies about doing that to someone (anyone)?
---------
Hi borndem, I'm just checking in. Court should start before long. I found myself wondering if he's ever done this before or maybe he wa mad because HR. left. He took it out on the child. I'm glad he's locked up. He would do it again. I hope he gets DP.. that way he can have the agony of waiting for it and also having years to think of what he did ~ by himself. I cant fathom how anyone could be filled with so much hate they would even harm an animal not to mention a person. I'm going to check out WRAL..:seeya:

Good morning, great peeps!

Got my French Roast coffee and a diet bursting piece of coffee cake! Good healthy breakfast, lol!

:seeya:

Penalty Phase today@
1:30

recess Thurs..Back on Fri and Mon

BBM... I believe he planned it. He wasn't happy to be playing daddy, as his defense attorney said. He wasn't excited about having a family. A defenseless victim fell into his lap, and he couldn't believe his luck. If Teghan had been left with any other childless person, they would have stopped on the way home for things like fruit snacks, juice boxes, coloring books and crayons. It would have been "Hey, Teghan, let's stop and get you some snacks. What sounds good?" No normal person would have purchased a padlock and only a padlock. It makes no sense. He wasn't bringing home a crate of gold coins. He was bringing home a child.

IMO he NEVER planned to allow Teghan access to his grandparents' home. Remember, he lied to her mom and said his sister and her kids were coming to stay. It came out in court that it was a complete lie. There were never plans for grandma to help watch Teghan while he was at work. His sister never had plans to visit. He planned her torture. He worked towards it. He lied so that her mom would leave her with him. He is a liar. A deviant. A sadistic child abuser. He got exactly what he wanted. Now, he is finally getting what he deserves.

Yep, Flutterby, I think you're exactly right. As you said, it was like he won a grand prize in a contest. Aha! A joy-toy. I'll just fool around with her a bit & she'll be good as new when her mom comes home. Is she expecting me to have no fun the whole time she is gone? Well, I plan to have lots of fun. And nobody will ever know.

Now the whole world knows.

I hope he is scared almost to death.

Heather Moore ‏@HeatherMooreNow 9m

Dr Cooper tells judge #TeghanSkiba likely abused every day over the 10 days in #JonathanRichardson's custody, not a one time loss of control

Heather Moore ‏@HeatherMooreNow 22m

Media hasn't been askd to step in courtroom yet to speak about streaming #JonathanRichardson sentencing phase.I'll let you know what happens

I totally agree Flutterby--and don't think that JR deserves any less than the dp but....I think HR should face a lot more in this than the charges allow.

It came out in court that HR never once spoke to her child while she was away. When I am out of town, I speak to my children everyday even to this day and they are all teens....but then again I would have never left my child without confirming that HC was going to be involved and have her # too. WTH, what am I saying, I would have never left my child to live alone in a shed with a 21 male I just met 6 months ago, even if HC was involved.

Heather Moore ‏@HeatherMooreNow 1m

Sidebar: #JonathanRichardson has been repeatedly yawning in court this morning. I'm sure you'll draw your own conclusions.

Heather Moore ‏@HeatherMooreNow 6m

Dr.Cooper of #TeghanSkiba:"This child sufferd physical,psychological,&sexual torture;all 3kinds of torture in this case" #JonathanRichardson

Heather Moore ‏@HeatherMooreNow 3m

Dr. Cooper says abuse to #TeghanSkiba intended to inflict severe pain and suffering, consistent w/sadistic injuries. #JonathanRichardson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024