GUILTY NC - Teghan Skiba, 4, Smithfield, 19 July 2010 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If you have a problem with a post, ALERT it and then move on.

Salem

Okay, now that's funny. And I'm sitting here trying to figure out a way to prove it. How about this....tell me what is bothering you. Instead of listening and supporting you, I'll try to fix it for you. That should do it. :floorlaugh:

:) ok. I believe you:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know specifics about the therapy offered to the jurors? And is it offered to just the jury? Just curious. TIA

The nurse from the ER (Mary?)was there for the verdict...did you see her?...she stayed by Tegan's side all the way thru this. What a wonderful lady...

One thing I have noticed about this case. It has brought many of us out of lurkdom to post. I just had a 7 year anniversary here, and have read continuously. I seldom post though and am only nearing 500 posts. I've noticed several others like me that feel compelled to post on this case.

RIP Teghan.

For the life of me, I cannot find the video of the PT that played that
bit of video of Tegan chanting "I will not pee or poop"

Can someone find it?
Thanks

Good morning everyone! :seeya:

I was talking to my husband last night about the case and how happy I am with the verdict. He's listened to me describe all of the horrid details of little Miss Teghan's final days...shed the tears, etc. I also explained how furious I am/was that she got very little media attention and how I felt that people needed to know.

But he said something that made me really think...

He said "I can tell you one reason I am glad this case didn't get as much media". I said "WHAT/WHY?!!" (I was not happy with his reply :blushing:).

He said "You know damn good and well there is some sick SOB's out there. There is going to be that ONE person who would watch that trial, listen to the details, and relish in it. They may think "I can do worse than this...this guy's got NOTHING on what I could do to a little girl. What could I do that WOULD make it so horrendous that the media couldn't ignore it?" And the planning begins...:eek:

It really got me thinking. I wonder if that's somewhat the networks thoughts behind it as well. First, the details were so horrific that the majority of it would have been bleeped/blurred out (which doesn't make for great TV coverage). But I wonder if "sensationlizing" JR only fed not only HIS ego...but any other child abusers/sadistic pedophiles who wants their name across the ticker of CNN as being the "worst of the worst".

I hope we never have to find out.

Just food for thought...

Good morning everyone! :seeya:

I was talking to my husband last night about the case and how happy I am with the verdict. He's listened to me describe all of the horrid details of little Miss Teghan's final days...shed the tears, etc. I also explained how furious I am/was that she got very little media attention and how I felt that people needed to know.

But he said something that made me really think...

He said "I can tell you one reason I am glad this case didn't get as much media". I said "WHAT/WHY?!!" (I was not happy with his reply :blushing:).

He said "You know damn good and well there is some sick SOB's out there. There is going to be that ONE person who would watch that trial, listen to the details, and relish in it. They may think "I can do worse than this...this guy's got NOTHING on what I could do to a little girl. What could I do that WOULD make it so horrendous that the media couldn't ignore it?" And the planning begins...:eek:

It really got me thinking. I wonder if that's somewhat the networks thoughts behind it as well. First, the details were so horrific that the majority of it would have been bleeped/blurred out (which doesn't make for great TV coverage). But I wonder if "sensationlizing" JR only fed not only HIS ego...but any other child abusers/sadistic pedophiles who wants their name across the ticker of CNN as being the "worst of the worst".

I hope we never have to find out.

Just food for thought...

I think the reason why this case did not get national coverage, is that hundreds or thousands of children are killed as a result of abuse every year, and none of them get national attention. When was the last time there was a child abuse murder that got national coverage?

People say that the case is too horrific to report on, yet if Teghan's injuries were not as graphic, would there be more national attention? I doubt it. The only way I could see this case getting national coverage is if Teghan was reported missing.

I feel like we want to think that there is a "good" reason for why the media ignored the case, like your husband's theory. But it is probably just that the case wouldn't bring in high ratings, and they do not think it is a national story. I do not think media executives puts much thought into why they are not publicizing a case, as some posts (here and in other cases) seem to imply.

She was sitting on the Prosecution side.

Perhaps Landon'smom will be able to chime in & help us identify her.

Hello all. Just getting here. I couldn't post last night as it was very emotional to me. I didn't personally know Teghan, the Skiba's or the Reyes but now I feel as though I do. Yesterday brought back my faith in the justice system. I was heart broken and stayed away from the boards for a while when CA was found not guilty and justice was denied to Caylee. I'm so glad these 12 jurors were able to see the truth and see just how evil JR is. And to answer, no HR was not in court. Her sister and her aunt were there. I think she was sequestered and could only attend trial when she had to testify since her trial is coming up. Thanks to everyone on here who showed Teghan love and support. I don't know why I was so drawn to this case. Maybe because it happened 10 mins from my house? Maybe because I have 2 small children? Maybe something else? All I know is that this trial has made me a better person. Teghan has made me a better person. I knew evil exsisted in this world but I didn't know this kind did and it lived down the road from me. I spoke to the Skiba's yesterday and sat with them outside the courtroom while we were waiting. I can't imagine what they are going through. It has been really hard on them and it was great talking to them and them sharing all of there memories about Teghan. Please continue to keep them and the Reye's in your prayers. To any locals who are interested, my neighbor and I will once again be tying ribbons today after 5 by the courthouse and downtown Smithfield. I also spoke to a lady form Harbor House and there will be a vigil held by the courthouse on Tuesday April 15th at 6 pm. Any locals who can attend please so. This will not only honor Teghan but every child that has lost their life to abuse. Remember April is Child Abuse Awareness Month. Also my neighbor and I will be starting a facebook page for Teghan. Once it is set up I will post the link here. That way you can keep up with our upcoming activities. We will be releasing ballons, hopefully around her birthday and also making a memorial for her, not on the creech land, but near there. Also the run/walk is still a go but I think we will change it to October. After speaking with the Harbor House last night, October is another month to recognize violence. Again, thank you to everyone that took their time out of your busy lives and shared justice with Teghan. Bless you all <3

Now I will be keeping with the JY re-trial, if any, and hopefully will be found guilty again and stay right where he belongs.

Peace,love and candybars my fellow WS! :loveyou:

Okay, now that's funny. And I'm sitting here trying to figure out a way to prove it. How about this....tell me what is bothering you. Instead of listening and supporting you, I'll try to fix it for you. That should do it. :floorlaugh:

Damn, you're not an engineer, are you? :floorlaugh:

Landonsmom..thanks again for being there for all of us. Cannot imagine the pain for Teghan's true family..Skibas. When you get your Facebook page up, please let us know where, when we can contribute to activities that will honor Teghan. I live too far to participate, but would really like to help out. Hope you stay with us through other trials..this one was so tough.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hello all. Just getting here. I couldn't post last night as it was very emotional to me. I didn't personally know Teghan, the Skiba's or the Reyes but now I feel as though I do. Yesterday brought back my faith in the justice system. I was heart broken and stayed away from the boards for a while when CA was found not guilty and justice was denied to Caylee. I'm so glad these 12 jurors were able to see the truth and see just how evil JR is. And to answer, no HR was not in court. Her sister and her aunt were there. I think she was sequestered and could only attend trial when she had to testify since her trial is coming up. Thanks to everyone on here who showed Teghan love and support. I don't know why I was so drawn to this case. Maybe because it happened 10 mins from my house? Maybe because I have 2 small children? Maybe something else? All I know is that this trial has made me a better person. Teghan has made me a better person. I knew evil exsisted in this world but I didn't know this kind did and it lived down the road from me. I spoke to the Skiba's yesterday and sat with them outside the courtroom while we were waiting. I can't imagine what they are going through. It has been really hard on them and it was great talking to them and them sharing all of there memories about Teghan. Please continue to keep them and the Reye's in your prayers. To any locals who are interested, my neighbor and I will once again be tying ribbons today after 5 by the courthouse and downtown Smithfield. I also spoke to a lady form Harbor House and there will be a vigil held by the courthouse on Tuesday April 15th at 6 pm. Any locals who can attend please so. This will not only honor Teghan but every child that has lost their life to abuse. Remember April is Child Abuse Awareness Month. Also my neighbor and I will be starting a facebook page for Teghan. Once it is set up I will post the link here. That way you can keep up with our upcoming activities. We will be releasing ballons, hopefully around her birthday and also making a memorial for her, not on the creech land, but near there. Also the run/walk is still a go but I think we will change it to October. After speaking with the Harbor House last night, October is another month to recognize violence. Again, thank you to everyone that took their time out of your busy lives and shared justice with Teghan. Bless you all <3

Now I will be keeping with the JY re-trial, if any, and hopefully will be found guilty again and stay right where he belongs.

Peace,love and candybars my fellow WS! :loveyou:

Thank you Landonsmom. You have done so much for Teghan and the Skiba's. I feel like their knowing they weren't alone, that Teghan touched many many hearts, helped them to get through this horrible event, the trial. Nothing will ever ease their pain, their hearts, for the loss. And especially for knowing how their precious angel suffered so much. Just breaks my heart. I sent Gerry Skiba a message of condolence on his FB messaging last night after the verdict. I've also softened up a bit about Jerry Skiba, Teghan's father. Was reading through a few of his own messages last night. Seems like the dad, Gerry, was keeping the son, Jerry, informed, but mostly trying to keep him calm. Words of encouragement as if to say 'don't let this get the better of you.' JMO, but it was like the son Jerry was maybe trying to go straight now, who knows, drinking, drugs, etc., and his father Gerry was attempting to, with his words, reinforce that. That's what I got out of what I was reading anyway. The tone and tenor. I hope the grandpa Gerry get's my message of condolence. It was hard enough seeing and hearing that last tape of Teghan, were it one of my own grandkids I don't think I could ever have come back from that. Teghan must have gotten her strength from the Skiba's. I remember hearing someone's testimony, was it grandmother Skiba, talking about Teghan being 'their sunshine.' I hope JR suffers each & every moment of how ever many he has left. After I left WS last night, I went over to check out the other news of the day and discovered Jerry Lynn Sells was put down yesterday. I'm certain many of you crime buffs are familiar with him. Gave me hope that I might live long enough to see JR 'put down' too.

I think a big reason why we see cases like this, where the boyfriend abuses the child before killing him or her is, because they see the child as an extension of the old boyfriend. The child is a reminder that the girlfriend slept with another man. It doesn't matter that it was before they met. In so many of these cases, the killer seems to get pleasure from thinking of ways of torturing the child. It is personal, like they have a major hatred of the child or what they represent.

When you think about cases where the child is killed by a stranger, we have heard that most of these kids are dead within 3 hours. In those cases, the child is usually abducted to rape them, and is probably killed right after so they can't be identified. But how often do we hear of a stranger kidnapping a child and taking off their fingernails, cutting off their nipples, etc? It's like, when a child is killed by a stranger, they are just seen as an object to be used and dumped, but when a child is killed by the boyfriend, there is a personal hatred there.

Yep me too. Other than Dahmer murderers have died in prison but usually by killing themselves because they are total cowards.:banghead:

Yup. Either they kill themselves or they adjust to prison life and outlive us all. Look at Charles Manson with his friends and supporters and great free medical, dental, housing and meals. Makes me crazy when I hear about a mom arrested while she was interviewing for a job and left her kids in the car. Yes it was wrong but the woman is TRYING and homeless. And there sits Manson, without a care in the world, with a nazi swastika scratched into his forehead!

-----------
There was a Priest here in prison for raping boys, locked away for protection. A man got him and killed him. I dont think they ever found out how.Not all that long aago.

Nore, I don't want to say that I am glad to know that more monsters don't get the ultimate justice in prison but I won't lose one moment of a good night's sleep.

Some people are just plain evil. Evil down to their DNA.

One thing I have noticed about this case. It has brought many of us out of lurkdom to post. I just had a 7 year anniversary here, and have read continuously. I seldom post though and am only nearing 500 posts. I've noticed several others like me that feel compelled to post on this case.

RIP Teghan.

You are so very right. I have only been lurking recently and followed the Amanda Hayes trial. I was satisfied with what everyone was saying and just reading along. I was glad to find Web sleuths and thankful to everyone for their thoughtful posts. I was interested in the case because I had lived in the apartment complex directly adjacent to the Hayes' at the time of the crime. I go to the same Target and have been to many of the local places in the case. I was also pretty sure I had seen Grant's slimy self around down town at some point. It totally creeped me out I was living so close to brutal murderers.

Little Teghan's case just took me out of my skin. It is literally the worst thing I have ever heard of. I was thankful to have an outlet here to talk about it with like minds. The last I checked over 4,000 had 'liked' the post of JR's sentence made by ABC 11 on FB. That made me happy, people are aware and justice was served the best it could. I usually never wish ill on anyone, but I do hope that JR is tormented the rest of his days. I bet old lady Creech is wishing she would have done something now. Sadly only for the loss of her evil grandson, and not the victim who should truly be mourned. As much as this affected all of us, I truly can't imagine what the Skiba's are going through to know what their little granddaughter went through. My heart goes out to them.

i was listening at work yesterday, did not expect to hear Teghans voice. it broke me down. I held my sleeping four year old for an hour and cried last night. the jury, bless them, and bless you Teghan.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back