GUILTY NC - Valerie Hamilton, 23, Charlotte, 15 September 2010

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Horrible news. Rest in peace Valerie.

Boy did he pick the wrong girl!

A police chiefs daughter........I was hoping that she was alive, so sad.

In terms of a timeline....

She goes missing from parking lot near Thomas Street Tavern at about 1:30 a.m. on Wednesday morning.

He checks out of Econolodge on Friday.

Econolodge, his house and Mini storage facility are searched Saturday night and she is found.

The bar manager said that they had video and they turned over purchase receipts from Tuesday night to police.

I wonder if he paid for his drinks with a credit card (like an idiot) and from that they started the process of tracking his credit card purchases at the motel and the rental of the mini storage facility.

Although the car he was in was stolen, they could probably get the license tag from surveilllance video at the bar, motel or mini-storage facility.

So, it seems likely that she was killed before Friday because that's when he left the hotel. I think she was taken straight from Thomas Street Tavern to the Mini Storage facility. I don't think he would risk taking her to the motel.

The area of the mini-storage facility is a low-rent, run-down, small business type of area where there many businesses have gone under. There used to be a Sonny's restaurant and a Babytown store on Monoe Road in that area, but both closed.

I would like to know when he rented the mini-storage facility. This is beginning to look like he was stalking her waiting for the perfect opportunity to grab her. I think he had this all planned. This was not just random.

I also think that he was likely parked vey close to where her car was so that when he grabbed her, he could get her in his vehicle very quickly.

I would also like to know if he was registered as a student at CPCC

This just sucks!!!!!!!! A girl can't even go out at night lest she be abducted and murdered by a !!!

Boy did he pick the wrong girl!

A police chiefs daughter........I was hoping that she was alive, so sad.

Being a daughter of LE, I am hoping that she was able to hurt him before he killed her! JMO, of course, but I hope she left this earth biting and scratching this SOB...

:furious:

Charlotte-Mecklenburg police have issued a murder warrant for 34-year-old Michael Neal Harvey, a registered sex offender with a lengthy criminal record.

Police say they believe Harvey is still in the Charlotte area and are asking the public for help. The search was continuing early Sunday afternoon.

Harvey has past arrests for offenses that include firearm possession, according to a check of court records.

"We're very earnestly asking the public's help in locating Mr. Harvey or the Chevy Blazer he is driving," CMPD Major Harold

Read more: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/20...g-womans-body-found-murder.html#ixzz0zzozWEdq

How horrible! I am shaking with rage that yet another RSO was able to commit yet another crime! I am honestly speechless.

Hope they find him immediately.

First of all, thank you everyone for your interest in Valerie's disappearance. Even though I didn't know her, she lived here and this thread should never have needed to be on WS. :cry:

Rest in Peace Valerie, and may justice be served for you :rose:

Missing woman's body found; murder warrant issued

CHARLOTTE, N.C. --
The body of Valerie Hamilton, the 23-year-old daughter of Concord's police chief, was found Saturday night in a storage unit on Monroe Road in southeast Charlotte, police say.
Charlotte-Mecklenburg police have issued a murder warrant for 34-year-old Michael Neal Harvey, a registered sex offender with a lengthy criminal record.
Harvey is thought to be the man seen on video surveillance leaving the Thomas Street Tavern in Plaza Midwood early last Wednesday morning with Hamilton. She had not been seen or heard from since leaving the restaurant.

Police say they believe Harvey is still in the Charlotte area and are asking the public for help. The search was continuing early Sunday afternoon.
Harvey has past arrests for offenses that include firearm possession, according to a check of court records.
"We're very earnestly asking the public's help in locating Mr. Harvey or the Chevy Blazer he is driving," CMPD Major Harold Medlock said Sunday morning.
The missing person case had attracted national attention, with the TV show "America's Most Wanted" including Hamilton's status on its website Saturday.
Medlock said he had hoped for a better ending to the search.
"When we start a search like this, we always hope we can return the missing person safely to their family," Medlock said Sunday morning.
Instead, a three-day search by police ended Saturday evening at the Mini-Storage Center, in the 4500 block of Monroe Road. That's where investigators found Hamilton's body.

Read more: http://www.heraldonline.com/2010/09/19/2463956/missing-womans-body-found-murder.html#ixzz0zzu4cws8

COOPER,Z CPD P4217 09/30/2010 MECKLENBURG PM 5350 HARVEY,MICHAEL,NEAL
DUQUE,C CPD 288 09/27/2010 GASTON AM 004A
HARVEY,MICHAEL,NEAL
DUQUE,C CPD 288 10/04/2010 GASTON AM 004C
HARVEY,MICHAEL,NEAL
GEORGION,D,A CPD P3702 09/30/2010 MECKLENBURG PM 5350
HARVEY,MICHAEL,NEAL
HARVEY,MICHAEL,NEAL
HARVEY,MICHAEL,NEAL

When they say lengthy court record, it's not an understatement. I couldn't search Niagara County in NY, you have to pay, but the above NC records are what is currently pending against him. WTH was this guy doing out on the streets??!!

~Rest in peace Valerie~

In terms of a timeline....

She goes missing from parking lot near Thomas Street Tavern at about 1:30 a.m. on Wednesday morning.

He checks out of Econolodge on Friday.

Econolodge, his house and Mini storage facility are searched Saturday night and she is found.

The bar manager said that they had video and they turned over purchase receipts from Tuesday night to police.

I wonder if he paid for his drinks with a credit card (like an idiot) and from that they started the process of tracking his credit card purchases at the motel and the rental of the mini storage facility.

Although the car he was in was stolen, they could probably get the license tag from surveilllance video at the bar, motel or mini-storage facility.

So, it seems likely that she was killed before Friday because that's when he left the hotel. I think she was taken straight from Thomas Street Tavern to the Mini Storage facility. I don't think he would risk taking her to the motel.

The area of the mini-storage facility is a low-rent, run-down, small business type of area where there many businesses have gone under. There used to be a Sonny's restaurant and a Babytown store on Monoe Road in that area, but both closed.

I would like to know when he rented the mini-storage facility. This is beginning to look like he was stalking her waiting for the perfect opportunity to grab her. I think he had this all planned. This was not just random.

I also think that he was likely parked vey close to where her car was so that when he grabbed her, he could get her in his vehicle very quickly.

I would also like to know if he was registered as a student at CPCC
I agree with your speculation about the planning. The proximity of the Tavern and him having a unit at the storage facility seems more than coincidental, imo. And that makes me more than curious just how Valerie knew him, and after seeing the rap sheet and mug shot, why she'd even be leaving the tavern with him. Now that her body has been found and after he is arrested, I hope her friends can shed more light on what may have happened. MOO

I wonder where they first met. Can't find a Facebook account for Michael Harvey, which makes sense. He could have been easily outed as a felon and RSO on Facebook.

Was Valerie planning to meet him at the bar? Or did she meet him while waiting for someone else?

Was Valerie planning to meet him at the bar? Or did she meet him while waiting for someone else?

Or did he just seem like a 'nice guy' who offered to walk her to her car when she was leaving?

Makes me sick and so sad.

RIP Valerie. And prayers for your heartbroken family.

Or did he just seem like a 'nice guy' who offered to walk her to her car when she was leaving?

Makes me sick and so sad.

RIP Valerie. And prayers for your heartbroken family.

Her friends said that she had been talking to him at the bar, but that they didn't know him.

So, that makes me think that he was stalking her, chatted with her in the bar, then walked out at the same time that she did and offered to make sure she made it to her car safely.

How do you find search warrants for his house and storage unit?

Her friends said that she had been talking to him at the bar, but that they didn't know him.

So, that makes me think that he was stalking her, chatted with her in the bar, then walked out at the same time that she did and offered to make sure she made it to her car safely.
This makes the most sense to me also. However I'd still like to know when her friends left and why she didn't leave with them. If only she had..... :( MOO

There was some new information from the 10 p.m. newscasts tonight, but not much. I flipped back and forth between all the stations and learned a few tidbits here and there.

The most interesting thing was that Harvey checked into the Econolodge on Wednesday morning.

So, he abducts her at 1:30 a.m. on Wednesday morning, then he must have taken her to the mini storage unit, then a few hours later, he checked into the Econolodge. The news said his room was on the third floor and it's one of those motels with the stairs and doors are on the outside, so I don't think there's ANY possibility that he took her back to the motel. I don't see how he could have carried or forced her into the motel without someone seeing him. Unless, of course, she was concealed in a suitcase. (She was a very petite woman).

Then he checked out of the motel on Friday.

There was some information about where he lived in Charlotte. He lives in an area called NoDa (short for North Davidson). NoDa is a revitalized area near the intersection of N. Davidson and Parkwood that was very poor (so poor tha Habitat homes were built there) until about 7-10 years ago when developers started building new construction at middle class prices. Many developments have since gone bankrupt and there are some condo projects that have been left partially built.

NoDa is also known as the "artists" area of Charlotte (think starving artists). There is a small neighborhood theater and alot of funky art galleries in the area. There is a monthly "gallery crawl" that includes some of the galleries there. It is a high crime area with lots of car-breakins especially when there are events at the neighborhood theater.

One of the best things about NoDa is the Dog Bar. There is a bar that is wildly popular because they let you bring your dogs and they have a dog play area. It is so popular that they sell memberships!

The news said that he rented a room in a house in NoDa with two roommates who claim that they knew he was a RSO. The news spoke with neighbors who commented that there was a high volume of "traffic" going in and out of the house on a regular basis and that the police were regular visitors to that home. He has apparently been in Charlotte for several years, but only lived at that house the last four months. On the news tonight, they showed at least six or seven mug shots from arrests in Charlotte for everything from shoplifting to breaking and entry to larceny. (Sounds to me like he had a drug problem).

WSOC-TV.com seemed to have the most new information. www.wsoc-tv.com

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Desireh
Back