NC vs. Raven Abaroa ~ the Trial 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Good morning peeps. Did it start already this AM? State is talking about the autopsy photos of Janet's eyes - but only before they cut them? So her contacts must have still been in? Contents of eye sockets, and what's left of her eyes. Oh, her poor family!
What does that prove?

How are all of our members this AM? How's the foot, and key situation?

Good morning, you didn't miss but a very few minutes. My screen is currently buffering.... again.

The foot is feeling much better today. I tried to stay off of it yesterday. I sure hope everyone is headed for a nice weekend. No pain, no stress!!

I thought they usually started at 9:30? Sorry - still not getting the importance of the contacts. Are you saying they want to prove she didn't go to bed, NC?
Sounds like all the pix will make it in.

I've been watching too much Juan Martinez of the Arias trial. I want to see some passion from the state. I want them to dot all their "i's" and cross all their "t's". I want them to display their evidence, and EXPLAIN it. I am disappointed in this whole trial, and feel so bad for Janet's loved ones.

My understanding is that the exhumation was to determine if she was wearing her contact lenses. That was the initial reason, I don't know why they are now mentioned the clavicle bone, etc. She always took her contacts out when she went to bed and that's a issue because her eyes were not checked for contacts prior to burial. If I'm wrong, somebody please get me straight.
Thank you so much; I thought that was it; that they didn't recover her lenses meaning she wasn't in bed ready to sleep. I always remove mine before I retire.

To me as a long time contact lens wearer it would mean she wasn't in bed sleeping, or ready to sleep; if she took them out before bed as most do. I realize some wear over nights but I doubt their income allowed her to purchase monthly lenses and that's JMO

Judge Declares Photos are Necessary to the investigation and murder; ie the case in general. Court Agrees with the State. All photos will explain testimony of the witness. Even though photo shows decay it is not deemed gruesome by this judge. *yay judge* this judge rocks if you ask me!

The contacts and her being ready for bed or already in bed is the crux of this part of the trial. If she was still wearing the contacts then she was not in bed or asleep, or even getting ready for bed is my take.

To me it would prove exactly that: As he told others she was in bed and he found her in bed; if you are a long time contact lens wearer you don't even get in bed with them in. I'd like to know if she wore Gas Permeable or Soft.

Thanks Everyone! I really appreciate your views and help. :grouphug:

Could they be ready to talk about the markings on the bones from the stab wounds? Maybe that they did not match up with the knife that the defendant says LE left at the scene? Something to do with that?

I thought they usually started at 9:30? Sorry - still not getting the importance of the contacts. Are you saying they want to prove she didn't go to bed, NC?
Sounds like all the pix will make it in.

I've been watching too much Juan Martinez of the Arias trial. I want to see some passion from the state. I want them to dot all their "i's" and cross all their "t's". I want them to display their evidence, and EXPLAIN it. I am disappointed in this whole trial, and feel so bad for Janet's loved ones.

Yes, everybody has testified that Janet did not wear her contacts to bed so if she still had them in during the murder then that indicates she was not in bed, or asleep, etc.
Seems like a lot of women have fallen in love with Juan Martinez much as I did Jeffrey Ashton :)
The State needs a lot of loose ends tied up and a lot of passion and punches just so the jury will know what's what. I'm afraid if we aren't easily following along the jury isn't either.

Could they be ready to talk about the markings on the bones from the stab wounds? Maybe that they did not match up with the knife that the defendant says LE left at the scene? Something to do with that?

That may be exactly right. I heard somebody mention 'tool marks' when they were all standing at Judge Hudson's bench.

The contacts and her being ready for bed or already in bed is the crux of this part of the trial. If she was still wearing the contacts then she was not in bed or asleep, or even getting ready for bed is my take.
Sorry to be so dense, but she wasn't found in bed. Didn''t Raven tell both stories of where he found her? Bed and office?
Can you explain why this is so important to the trial - still not getting it.

Defense gal a little snarky this AM.

I'm hoping for a smash bang closing argument from the state that will tie all of this together in a nice pretty package for the jurors. I can see all the 'puzzle pieces' fitting together... I just hope the jurors can too. You just never know until the final word is given by a verdict.

He did tell others that he found her in bed yes. Which went directly against his interrogations with LE. In his statements he didn't say she was in bed to LE.

I am going to post this before all the hoopla starts for us this weekend. I really am worried about the case the state has put on. As others have posted if we are confused, the jury will be as well. May see a hung jury in this case. I'm just not sure that the state has proven it's case against RA and that scares me frankly. It's been a bit convoluted, it may be due to their age and or experience. I have found their questioning to be lacking in several areas. I have found that although they have a lot of evidence they are not bringing it all home tied in a bow .....let's just hope the jury understands, no one else would want to murder Janet. And that he is the prime suspect, he was abusive, and he finally murdered. IMHO

Janet was NOT in bed when Raven left. She was in the office when he returned.
Raven said she was preparing for bed, but nobody knows if she ever got there - except Raven.
It is important that she did or didn't go to bed because.................?

CSI Jackson has winced several times on the stand. I think she is in pain--back or somewhere.

Yeah, didn't Raven say that she got in bed and was going to watch General Hospital? But the fact that she wasn't in her bedroom, with her contacts still in, suggests that she wasn't getting ready for bed at all. My thinking is that she was doing something in the office, Raven came in to hug her, and then stabbed her. Which is why there's no sign of a struggle - she didn't even see the knife coming.

I wish I knew, JJ. I'm not sure except to show that Raven lied about Janet getting ready for bed before he left to play soccer. I don't think she had a chance to get ready for bed that night... I think he killed her BEFORE he left the house, and having the contacts still in her eyes, indicates that she did not get a chance to prepare for bed that night.

I am going to post this before all the hoopla starts for us this weekend. I really am worried about the case the state has put on. As others have posted if we are confused, the jury will be as well. May see a hung jury in this case. I'm just not sure that the state has proven it's case against RA and that scares me frankly. It's been a bit convoluted, it may be due to their age and or experience. I have found their questioning to be lacking in several areas. I have found that although they have a lot of evidence they are not bringing it all home tied in a bow .....let's just hope the jury understands, no one else would want to murder Janet. And that he is the prime suspect, he was abusive, and he finally murdered. IMHO

I absolutely agree with you. I began to feel fear and no confidence with this prosecution team the first week of the trial. They just haven't done enough, not even with voice inflections, to make clear points, especially the very important ones. Since this entire case is CE, what little bit of meat that they could have clenched their teeth into wasn't projected as I would have hoped. We just have to pray for a guilty verdict starting right now.

I am worried not only about the state's presentation, but the unidentified second DNA profile. I think that may provide a reasonable doubt, no matter how much evidence.

I had a thought about that. If someone else touched the door (at another time), and then Janet's blood smear was on top of that, would both DNA's show up in the swab LE took? or doesn't it work like that?

I love this CSI---she isn't letting the defense shake her one bit.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btc121296
Back