NC vs. Raven Abaroa ~ the Trial 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Amen and amen! Motive is the strongest thing the prosecution has going for them and they need to drive it home.

East, and Trixator, lemme Amen those thoughts, too!

As long as the verdict turns out the way it should (but sometimes doesn't, as we all know), it is fun (that's not a nice way to express it, but it's true) to watch a less than smart defendant try to fight himself out of that brown paper bag.

Can't you just see the withering look Mani would give The Raven when he said he wanted to testify?? :floorlaugh: Enuff to droop a starched shirt collar, I'd bet!

I know they have their tricks, but Tyndall & Dexter are not too bad on the other side of the room. We have surely, Shirley, seen much, much worse!

Agreed... and with motive, the means and opportunity have been there all along, so I think the puzzle is actually not as hard to put together as I thought it would be in the beginning of the trial. The PT closing should be clear and easy to follow.

Let me just say one thing about Donna Jackson. She's a Rock Star in my opinion. Very professional, very prepared, extremely knowledgeable, and she did a great job in her role in this case. She was extremely respectful to both sides and never stumbled over words in her explanations. Nice job Donna!

L L & S -- Let me Amen that one times ten! I have seen several very good investigators who have the same responsibilities as Donna Jackson. But I have never seen one do as good a job as this woman did. The case is old, there was a lot of evidence and things were "coming & going" on the days she and her staff were there. But Jackson remembered things as if it were yesterday's crime area. Whenever she answered a question, I could not tell if she were answering the PT or the DT. It didn't matter to her -- evidence was evidence. Very organized, very intelligent, respectful, professional and impressive. A big thanks to Donna Jackson and her staff for the jobs they did at that house!!

A few decent points here, but he is definitely a sociopath. Whether his childhood is his excuse or that he's just a , doesn't matter. He killed her.

Right on, Sistah! Bingo.

Oh, TigerBalm -- Many thanks for indexing the testimony and the rest of the et cetera that you did above. We really have been spoiled by you and we depend on it -- it saves lots of time, and we know right away if that ~~whatever we're looking for~~ was in this trial or not(!). I am keeping up with 3 right now and all these criminals and bad guyz tend to blend after many trials. They all do have their similarities.

Thanks for the wonderful work you do for us, Tiger!!
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
:drumroll:

East, and Trixator, lemme Amen those thoughts, too!

As long as the verdict turns out the way it should (but sometimes doesn't, as we all know), it is fun (that's not a nice way to express it, but it's true) to watch a less than smart defendant try to fight himself out of that brown paper bag.

Can't you just see the withering look Mani would give The Raven when he said he wanted to testify?? :floorlaugh: Enuff to droop a starched shirt collar, I'd bet!

I know they have their tricks, but Tyndall & Dexter are not too bad on the other side of the room. We have surely, Shirley, seen much, much worse!

I think Tyndall is quirky and interesting and he really doesn't come off as a bad guy at all, though it's such a far reach when he brings up Jeff Bickert, Scott Hall and Tim Dowd, and Websleuths, it's laughable but on the other hand he almost seems like a somewhat nice guy, though some of his questions, I don't get so much. I mean, why doesn't he come out and say, there's this chick on Websleuths that talk about the case and picks on Raven too much (umm who ...not me??) and she annoys me. I just can't dislike the guy even if he's a defense attorney lol, because there is that quirkiness to him, though. I however see glimpses of Raven and Mani Dexter together and that creeps me out a bit. I have noticed this look Raven gives, that's one of those flirty creepy looks and I have noticed them talking and it gives me the heeby jeebies. Mani Dexter is attractive, and with a Harvard education, she's obviously quite intelligent, as is Amos Tyndall, but they are defending a murderer, period. It's their job, I don't fault them for doing their job, but they need to remember Janet's friend, Janet's family didn't do this and they can't be that naieve to believe their client is innocent. That's the whole point to me.

Raven Abaroa Trial Testimony Videos

Opening statements & Day 1 testimony, April 29, 2013
  • Prosecutors' opening statement
  • Defense attorneys' opening statement
  • testimony of Janet Abaroa's mother, Janet Christiansen
  • testimony of former Durham 911 supervisor Barbara Parsons
  • testimony of Durham police officer Jason Williams
  • testimony of Durham EMS technician Linda Whitley
  • testimony of former Durham police officer William Benhart
  • testimony of Durham police investigator Amanda Laeng-Craig
  • testimony of North Carolina State Highway Patrol trooper Christoper S. Baker
  • testimony of Lisa Sealy, a former neighbor of Raven and Janet Abaroa
  • testimony of former neighbors Mona Gauthier
  • testimony of retired Durham homicide detective Vincent Bynum
Day 2 testimony, April 30, 2013
  • testimony of Durham Police Department crime scene investigator Donna Jackson
Day 3 testimony, May 2, 2013
  • testimony of Dr. Thomas Clark
Day 4 testimony, May 3, 2013
  • testimony of Dawn Eckhoff, babysitter for the Abaroas
  • testimony of Gregory Eckhoff
  • testimony of Timothy Pennington, manager at National Jewelry & Pawn in Durham
  • testimony of Michael Guzman, a home teacher with the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in Durham
  • testimony of Janet Abaroa's brother-in-law and longtime friend, Jeffrey Bickert
  • testimony of Peter Greijn, the former landlord of Raven and Janet Abaroa
  • testimony of Laurin Milton
  • testimony of Debbie Peterson
  • testimony of Angela Ashby Shuff, a forensics manager with the Durham Police Department
  • testimony of Durham police Cpl. Anthony Smith
Day 5 testimony, May 6, 2013
  • testimony of Keith Patterson, custodian of records for AT&T
  • testimony of Raymond Wilson, executive director of Sports Endeavors Inc.
  • testimony of Raven Abaroa's former supervisor, Sandy Garetone
  • testimony of Tyrell Deshong
  • testimony of Todd Phelps
Day 6 testimony, May 7, 2013
  • testimony of Janet Abaroa's co-worker, Amanda Tabor
  • testimony of Janet Abaroa's co-worker and friend, Cathy Cheek
  • testimony of Janet Abaroa's friend, Meghan Councill
  • testimony of Charlotte Revel, a former friend of Raven and Janet Abaroa
Day 7 testimony, May 8, 2013
  • testiomony of Dr. Paul Andrews, a physician at Durham Obstetrics & Gynecology
  • testimony of Adrian Nelson, a friend of Janet Abaroa
  • testimony of Britney Romito, a friend of Janet Abaroa
  • testimony of Durham police evidence technician Diane Alston
  • testimony of Durham police homicide detective Delois West
  • testimony of Durham police homicide detective Bennie Bradley
Day 8 testimony, May 9, 2013
  • testimony of Durham police detective Bennie Bradley
  • testimony of Janet Abaroa's sister, Sonja Flood
  • testimony of Durham police Sgt. Steve Vaughn
Day 9 testimony, May 10, 2013
  • testimony of police investigator Drew King
  • testimony of blood spatter analyst Thomas Martin
  • testimony of Russell Holley, a field agent with the North Carolina State Bureau of Investigation
  • testimony of Jennifer Elwell, a DNA analyst for the North Carolina State Bureau of Investigation
Day 10 testimony, May 13, 2013
  • testimony of Jennifer Elwell, a DNA analyst for the North Carolina State Bureau of Investigation
  • testimony of Annabel Haviza
  • testimony of Mackensie Folster
  • testimony of Raven Abaroa's ex-wife, Vanessa Pond
  • testimony of Durham police homicide detective Shawn Pate
Day 11 testimony, May 14, 2013
  • testimony of FBI computer forensics examiner Victor Gibson Grose
  • testimony of Durham police detective Charles Sole
Day 12 testimony, May 15, 2013
  • testimony of Durham police detective Charles Sole
  • testimony of Jim Sparks, a security investigator with Time Warner Cable
  • testimony of insurance agent Scott Lanier
  • testimony of Allstate Insurance Company life claim analyst David Glodowski
  • testimony of Allstate Insurance Company investigator Janet Dever
  • testimony of Janet Abaroa's younger sister, Erica Bakey
Day 13 testimony, May 16, 2013
  • testimony of ophthalmologist Dr. Charles Zwerling

Link for related stories:
http://www.wral.com/news/local/page/1088329/?navkeyword=abaroa

Thank you Tiger Balm.

Thank you Guera and Borndem for the welcome. I appreciate it a lot.

(Yeah, I kinda felt like a few of you jumped down my throat for a bit there. It was just conjecture, thinking things out. I wasn't trying to 'tarnish her honor' because I did meet her in person on several occasions and know that she was a very kind, decent soul - seriously, it was a very small college, our attendance tended to drop down to around 180 ppl or less in the Winter months ... it was impossible not to know most people on campus by face alone, if not in name).

:truce:

I would wager Amos Tyndall has acting training. He is an amazing presenter and projects his confidence into his actions and explanations. (My theater prof in college talked about teaching acting courses to lawyers ... which made a lot of sense, overall, because sometimes it is not about who has the best case, it's about who presents the best case, who is the most persuasive in arguing their side ... ideally, it should only be about the evidence but I think lawyer personalities add some sway).

I would have liked to see the reaction on Raven's face when they mentioned the new evidence (PDA and Janet's work computer). It'll either sink him or save him ... depending on what is still on it and if whomever called it in in the first place testifies about how they obtained it.

I agree with the notion of premeditation ... for various reasons, including the fact that the location where the murder took place was the most convenient for an obsessive compulsive clean freak (like he admitted to being to the police ... ie. orderly house, vaccumed, etc.) I've interacted with relatives that are OCD and Controlling and that need for control extends from people to environments. (Not saying the two are mutually exclusive, you can have OCD and not be a major control freak trying to manipulate those around you). The office looked like the most empty room in the house. W/the computers gone, getting blood on the desk wouldn't matter. There was nothing of material value there to get damaged by a violent act. (I don't know if any of that makes sense, but it does in my mind, shrugs).

I wish Janet's parents had custody of Kaiden. I think it's wrong that her family has been denied the right to see him (at least I'm assuming they are actively being blocked from doing so, or they would have done so by now). Does anyone know if Grandparents Rights are a national thing or are they delegated state by state? (I know Utah has a gparents rights law).

PS. Thanks LL&S for backing off a bit. I did not intent to cause offense to anyone (or to Janet's memory).

Tiger - you're a doll. Thanks
Falling Stars - welcome. Another sleuther is always welcome, and I look forward to hearing more from you.
TTator - thank you for your summaries and obvious long held knowledge of this case. It helps me make sense of the big picture.

I had a dream about this case. Unusual, since I know so little about it and am frustrated by that, but a couple of things stuck out to me.

In my dream it was very clear to me that Raven deliberately scheduled the home teacher that evening as part of his alibi. He needed someone to know that Janet was still alive around 7pm, so that the murder could not have taken place earlier when RA had no alibi available. The narrow time frame of her murder means his alibi need only be a few hours long - the soccer game.
I don't remember Janet's actions of that day (in my dream, she was ironing - shrug), but who could have testified she was alive that day at all? Did she see someone else that day?
The other thing that seemed important in my dream was the Gatorade.

Whoops - didn't mean to hit the enter key.
It seemed unusual to me that Raven would keep the receipt, as if to be found. My husband would either not even take it, or trash it on his way out of the store. And Raven was a neat nick, right? Was it just sitting in his vehicle, or was it with clothing, ect.?
I would think he teammates would be able to give him an approximate alibi of what time he left the game, but this would be an exact time that he could prove. I just remember questioning it in my dream, and now I'm going nuts trying to figure out what it meant. lol

I was disappointed at the newly discovered evidence. It seems to bolster the defense's conjecture that the investigation in this case was lacking.
I'm just hoping that the evidence will be SO damaging to RA, it won't matter when it was discovered.
Maybe Janet's angel tapped someone on the shoulder to bring to light the new evidence. I think it's a good sign. RIP Janet.

I'm looking forward to Monday's testimony. See all you guys then.

Welcome to WS Falling Stars, obviously I'm a bit emotional about this case, as I was with several other cases that I have followed from the beginning, including Barton Corbin, Scott Peterson, etc.

I agree re: Amos Tyndall. I believe he is quite intelligent, but I also believe some of his strengths are that he's quite theatrical and quirky and quite likeable until he mentions someone like Janet's friend and brother in law, or Janet's ex-boyfriend who never spent time in NC and was married at the time of the murder, or his questioning of how close her relatives were to her. Janet was a very private person and she eventually stopped sharing some of her issues with Raven because she knew eventually everyone would hate him. So many had told her she's just too good for him, and she shouldn't put up with him and so eventually she stopped sharing so she didn't have to hear how much people distrusted him. Kaiden didn't deserve to lose his Mommy, and Janet didn't deserve to die because Raven, IMO decided that divorce wasn't an option and after 8 years of following this case, it gets to me.

Whoops - didn't mean to hit the enter key.
It seemed unusual to me that Raven would keep the receipt, as if to be found. My husband would either not even take it, or trash it on his way out of the store. And Raven was a neat nick, right? Was it just sitting in his vehicle, or was it with clothing, ect.?
I would think he teammates would be able to give him an approximate alibi of what time he left the game, but this would be an exact time that he could prove. I just remember questioning it in my dream, and now I'm going nuts trying to figure out what it meant. lol

I was disappointed at the newly discovered evidence. It seems to bolster the defense's conjecture that the investigation in this case was lacking.
I'm just hoping that the evidence will be SO damaging to RA, it won't matter when it was discovered.
Maybe Janet's angel tapped someone on the shoulder to bring to light the new evidence. I think it's a good sign. RIP Janet.

I'm looking forward to Monday's testimony. See all you guys then.

It's frustrating to me so many agree with the defense's conjectur that the investigation in this case was lacking. I agree in some respects, but my big issue is this, Raven killed Janet and through no fault of her own, she may not receive Justice because the sun seems to shine on this .

However, this is a circumstantial evidence case and in CE cases, common sense is key. In cases where a man murders his wife in the home, there is most likely not going to be forensic evidence, and heck, sometimes there isn't even a body. Raven was the only person with the means, opportunity, and motive to commit this active.

She was 17 when she met Raven and the girl was only 17 years old when she went to Charlotte with Raven, as it was before her 18th birthday.

Raven is a master manipulator and a conman. This girl was so very brave to come forward.

Yes I was also very proud of Ms. H and hopes she finds Websleuths and sees the support we all have for her. You are correct she was a young girl take advantage of by a master manipulator and she should be very proud that she took the stand and stood up against him.

Welcome to WS Falling Stars, obviously I'm a bit emotional about this case, as I was with several other cases that I have followed from the beginning, including Barton Corbin, Scott Peterson, etc.

I agree re: Amos Tyndall. I believe he is quite intelligent, but I also believe some of his strengths are that he's quite theatrical and quirky and quite likeable until he mentions someone like Janet's friend and brother in law, or Janet's ex-boyfriend who never spent time in NC and was married at the time of the murder, or his questioning of how close her relatives were to her. Janet was a very private person and she eventually stopped sharing some of her issues with Raven because she knew eventually everyone would hate him. So many had told her she's just too good for him, and she shouldn't put up with him and so eventually she stopped sharing so she didn't have to hear how much people distrusted him. Kaiden didn't deserve to lose his Mommy, and Janet didn't deserve to die because Raven, IMO decided that divorce wasn't an option and after 8 years of following this case, it gets to me.

I can understand how deeply this all gets to you.

I tend to think Janet must've felt 'stuck' with Raven. She'd not talk about him as much to her family/friends because she knew that they'd tell her to leave him. I'm LDS, and I understand how seriously she must've taken the vows she made at the temple when she married him. (Granted, I think most people forget that part of those vows runs along the lines of 'following your husband as he follows God' ... that would mean if you're husband is an unrighteous jerk, you're not obligated to stay with him!)

I also agree that he is the only person with Means, Motive, and Opportunity. The defense has not offered any other person who would BENEFIT from Janet's death. The only person that had anything to gain was her husband. (Plus, someone posted on WS ages ago about how 'women kill their husbands to be rid of them and men kill their wives to 'keep' them' ... This way she could never leave him.) Although it has sounded like he tried to push her into leaving him (before she was pregnant) but by her leaving him he could say he wasn't the 'bad guy' that ended the relationship.

The theory about the HT as alibi that was presented ... intrigues me. A home teacher would make a good, reliable witness. But what would he have done if the HT had cancelled on him? (HT meeting with various families is not set in stone, various issues arise that cause rescheduling).

I feel like I'm holding my breath, waiting for tomorrow to get here. To see what happens. (I wonder why the contents of this magical safe they found the items in wasn't listed in an evidence log? Maybe it was recovered a few months/years after the fact?)

It was in a file cabinet and locked and forgot about. Did the police department move?

I don't know what kind of smoking gun will be there, I don't think there will be anything, but we can hope. The smoking gun is him backing up your computer the DAY before the murder, and conveniently having your laptop stolen the day of your wife's murder...that's the huge key.

Raven was arrested for embezzlement and they searched his computers back then, 3 months prior to the murder, so he knew after the murder his laptop would be confiscated. He made a backup of the documents he wanted to keep so there must have been something on the original laptop that he wanted hidden and that harddrive had to be removed permanently.

Maybe he realized even if he deleted something from the harddrive there would have been some fingerprint there. I know he was fond of Franklin Covey Planning, he probably had everything sketched out and lists made of everything he needed to do prior to the murder, including making sure the Accura would be in good enough shape because he knew after he killed her he would need to get it back to Jim Bolton, his step-father who signed on the loan.. Without the original harddrive though, and just a backup of files that he copied, they wouldn't be able to see whatever lists he may have had. He needed to make sure he had a back up of the files he wanted to keep, including his pornographic pictures of girls. I'm hoping something good gets found on the palm pilot or pda whatever it is, but he wouldn't have left that in his vehicle if there was going to be.

To me another big ah ha moment is Raven admitting to people that he KNEW Janet was pregnant and told his family. They will, of course, deny it, but what else would you expect. Why would he deny knowing she was pregnant to the police. He didn't want another kid, he couldn't afford it and he knew it, I get so frustrated when I think about this at times. Especially after the NC wanted video and him talking about wanting a baby brother or sister for Kaiden....at the time of airing actually Kaiden did have a sibling.

WARNING GRAPHIC - WARNING GRAPHIC DISCUSSION REGARDING STAB WOUNDS - PLEASE DO NOT READ IF IT WILL CAUSE YOU TO BE UPSET.

Another weird thing to me is you look at the medical examiners report, at the three wounds. One through her finger one through her neck and collar bone area (which was the fatal one). The one they call chest area to me is what I would have labeled stomach area, it's under the heart, above the belly button. ME attested he couldn't tell which one came first.

I did this scenerio with friends numerous times. Sit at your desk and have someone come up to you and put their left arm around you, as in a hug, okay honey, i'm leaving... what is your first instict? Mine is instinctively to take my left hand and pat them. Since I'm right handed I use my left hand for these types of gestures, it's normal for me. The person stabs and the knife goes through her finger. He then takes his left hand and holds tighter and brings the knife in and up at an angle from left to right. She slumps to her knees, head down, there's the huge flow of blood as this was the fatal one, he rolls her over and the last stab goes into the chest (to me it seems like it's more in the stomach area) as an afterthought. Who would do this.

There was no defensive wounds on her. It could have been the first stab into the neck area and the second stab hit her finger as she had a reflexive action and then the (chest/stomach) was an afterthought. That was straight in, only way that could have happened is if she was already laying on the ground. I tried every single scenerio, meaning the person was facing her with a knife, and he stabbed her in the stomach first, it don't make sense because she would have kicked, screamed and there would have things turned over, she would have done anything because Kaiden was upstairs also. If she knew Raven was gone, she would not have allowed anyone that close to her to put their arm around her, so the one wound HAD to be made from behind.

Who else could have done this? There is nobody but Raven.

Tiger - you're a doll. Thanks
Falling Stars - welcome. Another sleuther is always welcome, and I look forward to hearing more from you.
TTator - thank you for your summaries and obvious long held knowledge of this case. It helps me make sense of the big picture.

I had a dream about this case. Unusual, since I know so little about it and am frustrated by that, but a couple of things stuck out to me.

In my dream it was very clear to me that Raven deliberately scheduled the home teacher that evening as part of his alibi. He needed someone to know that Janet was still alive around 7pm, so that the murder could not have taken place earlier when RA had no alibi available. The narrow time frame of her murder means his alibi need only be a few hours long - the soccer game.
I don't remember Janet's actions of that day (in my dream, she was ironing - shrug), but who could have testified she was alive that day at all? Did she see someone else that day?
The other thing that seemed important in my dream was the Gatorade.

bbm

bbm

JJ, you & your dreams are amazing! Of course The Raven scheduled that appt with the home teacher on the same day he would have the game -- thus making a little alibi "sandwich." I have not had that dream yet -- didn't think of it -- but you did!

That little alibi idea calls to my mind The Raven's doppelganger, Jason Young. That's what he did when he hung around and hung around the house until Michelle's friend came over to visit & watch the TV show with her on the last night of Michelle's life. He, too, needed proof that his wife was alive when he left town. It would have been much easier for Jason to leave earlier -- but then that would make one wonder why he didn't drive all the way to his destination that night, as he usually did. Pretty good plan, Jason; I'm sure you've shared your (nearly) foolproof plan with your con-buds there at Alexander. Maybe you will be joined with The Raven in a few weeks...

Good work, and thanks for creating one more brick in the wall of CE against The Raven, JJ!

It's frustrating to me so many agree with the defense's conjectur that the investigation in this case was lacking. I agree in some respects, but my big issue is this, Raven killed Janet and through no fault of her own, she may not receive Justice because the sun seems to shine on this .

However, this is a circumstantial evidence case and in CE cases, common sense is key. In cases where a man murders his wife in the home, there is most likely not going to be forensic evidence, and heck, sometimes there isn't even a body. Raven was the only person with the means, opportunity, and motive to commit this active.

Oh, trixator, you are so right!! No evidence of breaking in -- and the jury should know by now that Janet was a door-locker from way back; nothing taken that was valuable except the computer -- and to me, that is a BIG indicator that The Raven was the killer -- he knew better than to leave it there -- too much stuff on it. He was a knife collector -- she wasn't shot dead, um, or choked to death, was she? Stabbed. Hmmmm.

If she had been found stabbed in her car and her car was in the parking lot of a grocery store, etc., that would have been better, but what to do with Kaiden? Nope, can't do that. And RA couldn't kill his little self, thank God... Yep, it's got to be done at home. Kaiden really complicated things, but RA got it done anyway. Who else? Grrrrrr.

It was in a file cabinet and locked and forgot about. Did the police department move?

I don't know what kind of smoking gun will be there, I don't think there will be anything, but we can hope. The smoking gun is him backing up your computer the DAY before the murder, and conveniently having your laptop stolen the day of your wife's murder...that's the huge key.

Raven was arrested for embezzlement and they searched his computers back then, 3 months prior to the murder, so he knew after the murder his laptop would be confiscated. He made a backup of the documents he wanted to keep so there must have been something on the original laptop that he wanted hidden and that harddrive had to be removed permanently.

Maybe he realized even if he deleted something from the harddrive there would have been some fingerprint there. I know he was fond of Franklin Covey Planning, he probably had everything sketched out and lists made of everything he needed to do prior to the murder, including making sure the Accura would be in good enough shape because he knew after he killed her he would need to get it back to Jim Bolton, his step-father who signed on the loan.. Without the original harddrive though, and just a backup of files that he copied, they wouldn't be able to see whatever lists he may have had. He needed to make sure he had a back up of the files he wanted to keep, including his pornographic pictures of girls. I'm hoping something good gets found on the palm pilot or pda whatever it is, but he wouldn't have left that in his vehicle if there was going to be.

To me another big ah ha moment is Raven admitting to people that he KNEW Janet was pregnant and told his family. They will, of course, deny it, but what else would you expect. Why would he deny knowing she was pregnant to the police. He didn't want another kid, he couldn't afford it and he knew it, I get so frustrated when I think about this at times. Especially after the NC wanted video and him talking about wanting a baby brother or sister for Kaiden....at the time of airing actually Kaiden did have a sibling.

WARNING GRAPHIC - WARNING GRAPHIC DISCUSSION REGARDING STAB WOUNDS - PLEASE DO NOT READ IF IT WILL CAUSE YOU TO BE UPSET.

Another weird thing to me is you look at the medical examiners report, at the three wounds. One through her finger one through her neck and collar bone area (which was the fatal one). The one they call chest area to me is what I would have labeled stomach area, it's under the heart, above the belly button. ME attested he couldn't tell which one came first.

I did this scenerio with friends numerous times. Sit at your desk and have someone come up to you and put their left arm around you, as in a hug, okay honey, i'm leaving... what is your first instict? Mine is instinctively to take my left hand and pat them. Since I'm right handed I use my left hand for these types of gestures, it's normal for me. The person stabs and the knife goes through her finger. He then takes his left hand and holds tighter and brings the knife in and up at an angle from left to right. She slumps to her knees, head down, there's the huge flow of blood as this was the fatal one, he rolls her over and the last stab goes into the chest (to me it seems like it's more in the stomach area) as an afterthought. Who would do this.

There was no defensive wounds on her. It could have been the first stab into the neck area and the second stab hit her finger as she had a reflexive action and then the (chest/stomach) was an afterthought. That was straight in, only way that could have happened is if she was already laying on the ground. I tried every single scenerio, meaning the person was facing her with a knife, and he stabbed her in the stomach first, it don't make sense because she would have kicked, screamed and there would have things turned over, she would have done anything because Kaiden was upstairs also. If she knew Raven was gone, she would not have allowed anyone that close to her to put their arm around her, so the one wound HAD to be made from behind.

Who else could have done this? There is nobody but Raven.

Trix, you are a great detective in my book! That scenario makes a lot of sense when you described it, and when I saw it in my mind from your description. If RA & JA had had an argument & he got physical with her, she would have fought back and he might have had some wounds from kicks or scratches; things would have been in disarray, etc., etc.

Trix, where did you see the M.E. Report? Online, or did you order a copy? I would really like to see it... I want to know as much as possible about what that ~~~~ did to her. Grrrrrr. Tia if you can help. And thanks for your very thoughtful and dedicated posts.
icon7.gif

It was testified to that Janet kept her 'TV watching' glasses next to the bed on the night stand. Had she been in bed watching General Hospital, she would have taken out her lenses and been wearing her glasses.

Hah! Good point! Oh, those pesky little details, eh? The devil is in 'em and RA can't, hasn't & won't explain them away. Little things pile up, too, don't they L L & S? All these little bricks...building a wall of circumstantial evidence. Brick by brick...

:bricks:

Trix, you are a great detective in my book! That scenario makes a lot of sense when you described it, and when I saw it in my mind from your description. If RA & JA had had an argument & he got physical with her, she would have fought back and he might have had some wounds from kicks or scratches; things would have been in disarray, etc., etc.

Trix, where did you see the M.E. Report? Online, or did you order a copy? I would really like to see it... I want to know as much as possible about what that ~~~~ did to her. Grrrrrr. Tia if you can help. And thanks for your very thoughtful and dedicated posts.
icon7.gif

Medical Examiner Report

http://s372.photobucket.com/user/terminatrixator/library/Medical Examiner Report?sort=3&page=1

Search Warrant

http://s372.photobucket.com/user/terminatrixator/library/Search Warrant?sort=3&page=1

I hope this works, changed the privacy to public, hopefully it works.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stella Stiletto
Back