NC vs. Raven Abaroa ~ the Trial 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.wral.com/news/local/video/12445997/#/vid12445997

"I think the more stuff I give them the more stuff that gets leaked to any type of pending litigation whether it be libel against Websleuths, slanderous talk against internet people and it really , it really makes it difficult so, I need to win the lottery, you know, if I were to win three million dollars I would dedicate two million dollars to fighting this and 2/3rds of my winnings if you would and the rest would obviously go to securing a home and secure a future for Kaiden mmm so oh and to make Janet’s name more recognized at southern Virginia. "

Okay so does anyone wonder why if he won 3 million dollars he would dedicate 2 million or 2/3rds of it to fighting people on the internet, you know suing Websleuths for libel and the slanderous talk of us interwebz people, and he would dedicate money to making Janet's name more recognized at Southern Virginia (a wth moment to me) because she had a name, she had a scholarship in her name that had NOTHING to do with him. Heck, there is a MEMORIAL website named Tears for Janet, http://tearsforjanet.com and he did nothing to search for the murderer of his wife or nothing to memorialize her. He didn't need to search because he knew who did it.

I can't believe they made it sound like the memorial site dedicated to Janet's memory was somehow bad, how messed up.

Oh yeah, did you guys get to see the picture of the knife? Do you see the way he handled it, almost carressing it. HOW CREEPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You know he knew how to handle a knife quite well.

Another woman named Jennifer Dawson came into todays testimony, he was moving to California with another girl) my gosh. I am willing to bet there are so many more girls.

Another thing I just noticed, he never said he was innocent and he truly seems to have been contemplating putting stuff on the internet to plea for money to help him but where was his plea to find the murderer of his wife?

Nothing from him or his family members except one poem by the brother Derrek.

I'd like to see if there were posts on Jan 7, 2010 that sparked his infatuation with ws?

please anyone have a link to follow this case.. thank you.

If you want a link for this WS thread, here's one:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=208999"]NC vs. Raven Abaroa ~ the Trial 3 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

If you want a good archive for news in this case, use this one from WRAL; it is in reverse chronological order:

http://www.wral.com/news/local/page/1088329/?navkeyword=abaroa

Let us know if this is not what you mean!

I think Charles Sole Testimony was very strong.

What is the defenses issues with Websleuths, Mr. Dowd and the interwebz people. They aren't on trial, RAVEN is. Raven was married to her, he's the only person that had the means the motive and the opportunity.

I also don't understand why they keep saying it's a high profile case, look at this case compared to others. What the heck.

Another thing I just noticed, he never said he was innocent

This really stood out in VP's testimony. The other thing (IMO) was his comment after viciously cleating the other soccer player in front of her parents and son, "Now that's how you do retribution!". Oh, and her constant reference to "the defendant". Her testimony will be key to his conviction IMO.

Much of the testimony and evidence (knife video, talking to the camera, spatter, floor plan, criminal acts, lack of regard for human dignity) to date seem to walk to the edge of "something" significant and then stopping short.

If I were a juror - at this point I would be very receptive to any testimony or evidence which would confirm my personal belief that RA is guilty. Maybe that's the game plan here? Whet the appetite first and feed the good stuff at the optimal time.

There is still the analysis of the actual computer forensics (FBI guy said he was only there to verify its authenticity), and likely someone to tie all the other forensic evidence together - probably the last witness.

What is the defenses issues with Websleuths, Mr. Dowd and the interwebz people. They aren't on trial

We're going to find out first thing tomorrow. He handed Sole what looked like a webpage printout with a photo on it, right on the heels of asking him if he ever visited here (he said he did because he considered it investigative work). Judge called court for the day before the next question.

Good Morning Everybody!! I remembered my manners this morning :)

Good morning!

Only two minutes in and my feed is having trouble - anybody else?

good morniing....who is this guy? sorry, coffee hasn't kicked in yet. :)

This is still Investigator Charles Sole - being questioned by the defense.

oh heck....he took off his glasses...it's Soles. told you I'm still foggy this morning.

What's up with Jennifer Dawson? Again, my feed is jumping around but it seems like the defense is really hammering this point (or my feed keeps jumping back to the same place, haha).

I had to make a quick run out to water my garden so I missed about 20 minutes. Seems that things are standing still pretty much. Also seems that VP is the only person thus far who has been able to remember or recall everything. I know it's been 8 years....does Det. Sole not have any notes her can refer to?

From the Durham Herald Sun Newspaper yesterday:

Detective cites Abaroa’s inconsistencies
May. 14, 2013 @ 07:49 PM

By Beth Velliquette bvelliquette@heraldsun.com; 919-419-6632
DURHAM —

The knife Raven Abaroa unpacked in Utah wasn’t his, he said.

Instead, police Detective Charles Sole testified on Tuesday, Abaroa claimed that it had been left behind by cops in the Durham home where his wife, Janet Marie Christiansen Abaraoa, was murdered.

Currently, Abaroa is on trial for first-degree murder. He was arrested in February 2010 while living in Idaho.

Shortly after his wife's death in 2005, Abaroa took his six-month-old son and moved back to the Salt Lake City area, where his family lived, and later moved to Montpelier, Idaho.

On Tuesday morning, Detective Charles Sole testified that when he was assigned to the cold case near the end of 2008, he began reviewing the files and decided to establish communication with Abaroa in the hopes of eventually getting Abaroa to confess. He talked to Abaroa on the telephone 10 to 12 times and also exchanged emails and text messages, Sole said.

One thing they talked about was a knife that Abaroa mailed to his attorney, and the attorney turned the knife over to the Durham Police Department.

Abaroa said that he found the knife in a box of his belongings, which had been packed up for him by a relative at his home in Durham and delivered to him in Utah.

The knife had been at the crime scene, he said, and he "acted like it was a joke that the police had left the knife at the crime scene," Sole said.

"The thing that concerned me, he claimed the knife was left visible in the crime scene, and that's just not true," the detective said.

Sole played a video that Abaroa made of himself holding the knife and saying he was going to send it to his North Carolina attorney. The video showed a double-edged throwing knife.

Sole also testified that he looked into the clothing that Abaroa said he wore the night he came home from a soccer game and found his wife dead on the floor of their upstairs office.

When Abaroa talked to the first investigator on the case, he went into great detail about why he was wearing the sweatshirt, Sole said. But Sole said he noticed that Abaroa wasn't wearing the hooded sweatshirt in a security video from a convenience store where Abaroa stopped to get a Gatorade on his way home from the soccer game.

"It was a big indicator to me," Sole said. "It was a big inconsistency."

Later, Sole played a video that Abaroa made of himself speaking to the camera after a telephone conversation with Sole.

It was difficult to hear all of the audio, but in parts of it Abaroa asks why there is a problem with him talking to authorities.

Abaroa then talked about winning a $3 million lottery. He said he would spend $2 million fighting the allegations against him and would devote the third million to his home and his son.

Sole testified that he was the K-9 officer who responded to the Abaroa home on the night of the murder in 2005. His dog, Bronco, searched around the perimeter of the house and did not find any fresh tracks leading to or from the house, he said.

The dog did find a coin along the edge of a small creek that ran in front of the home, but the dog did not follow a track from the house to the creek when it located the coins, he said.

Sole testified under direct examination that he learned Abaroa had obtained a driver's license under the name of Raven Samuel Peters in California. He also testified that when he talked to Abaroa on the telephone, he believed Abaroa was in Salt Lake City, but later learned he was in Idaho.

Under cross examination, Abaroa's attorney, Amos Tyndall, asked if it was true that the name on Abaroa's birth certificate was Raven Samuel Peters, and Sole said he was aware that Abaroa's last name at birth was Peters.

Tyndall also asked Sole if Abaroa told him he was living in Salt Lake City when they talked on the phone, and Soles said Abaroa had agreed to meet with him in an attorney's office in Salt Lake City. They talked about a meeting place not where he lived, Sole said. Tyndall also asked if it was true that Montpelier, Idaho was only 150 miles from Salt Lake City and was considered a resort town, and Sole said yes.

Sole testified that based on the fact that Abaroa answered his phone calls, and they had talked each time for about an hour, he had no doubt that Abaroa would have met him in Salt Lake City.

Court recessed early for the day Tuesday, and is scheduled to resume today at 9:30 a.m. with Sole still on the stand.

Good morning all. I hope everyone is feeling better today. I spent 13+ hours behind the wheel yesterday and the 'not' broken foot is complaining about it quite a bit this morning.

I see that officer Sole is still on the stand. Gonna try and watch this POOR LIVE FEED, while I ice it.

I just wanted to let everyone know that I'm here!!! Sending warm wishes this morning to all of you that are here, despite pain and hardships, praying for justice in this case. (Migraine headaches are hideous, cruel, life robbers!! My Dear Mom suffered from them all of my life and I have a soft spot for people who go through them. My heart really goes out to you. ♥)

Good morning all. I hope everyone is feeling better today. I spent 13+ hours behind the wheel yesterday and the 'not' broken foot is complaining about it quite a bit this morning.

I see that officer Sole is still on the stand. Gonna try and watch this POOR LIVE FEED, while I ice it.

I just wanted to let everyone know that I'm here!!! Sending warm wishes this morning to all of you that are here, despite pain and hardships, praying for justice in this case. (Migraine headaches are hideous, cruel, life robbers!! My Dear Mom suffered from them all of my life and I have a soft spot for people who go through them. My heart really goes out to you. ♥)

Boy, a 13 hour drive is almost as bad as a migraine! So sorry about your not broken foot and hope it will feel better quickly.
Glad you are with us today!!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeSpice