NC vs. Raven Abaroa ~ the Trial 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Uh-oh -- State objects -- jury is shown out...

ETA: Update - Turned out to be nuttin' honey. State did not want questions having to do with discussions between the DA's office and LE; Def said they were not planning on going there, so all's well so far.

Bringing the jury back in.

False alarm for now...

And we're live in the courtroom --

Hi, Peeps -- Let's sock it to 'em, Sleuths!

http://www.wral.com/news/video/12390026/#/vid12390026

LOL borndem....

You know, maybe we should have done an actual count as to how many times Websleuths has been mentioned by name during this trial. I honestly think that Raven thinks he would not be sitting in a court room today had it not been for WS. Do you all get that feeling too?

LL&S - absolutely. Like he thinks that WS got him arrested. If that were the case, he would've been arrested much, much sooner! LOL

Mornin peeps!!
Was that Raven's family we just saw on camera?

I was on the wrong thread again. I wish someone would close the older threads. Old peeps like me get confused easily!! lol

Expanding on my last post.... I've watched a lot of trials while following the cases here at WS and I have never seen or heard WS mentioned by either side before. (You'd think that the Casey Anthony attorney's would have mentioned WS during the trial had WS been an issue in the case going to court at all.... think about all the information that Florida's sunshine law allowed us to have and read and discuss here. Imagine how different it would have been if this had been a huge media case.... there would be 100's of posters here following the case every day.)

IMO Investigator Soles and Vanessa Ponds have been the best witnesses so far. I still wish there would be more elaboration on RA's computer.

I noticed yesterday, too - it seems this witness was aloud to listen to previous testimonies?? Didn't think that was allowed?
I like his calm, effective answers.

Is that second DNA profile on the door going to sink this case? What could be a possible explanation for it? I hope they are able to explain it to the satisfaction of the jurors.
I feel so bad for Janet's family having to sit through this.

OOoo talking about Josh Powell file on eyewitness testimony there was a file labeled homicide and documents inside the file, they were pulled off the net, news stories. About the JoshPowell Case. (wow) info found in the ewallet file was email addresses and passwords attached to Janet A. (!!)

Ooh I missed that part! Did they clarify for the jury that the Josh Powell case was a murder investigation??

LOL borndem....

You know, maybe we should have done an actual count as to how many times Websleuths has been mentioned by name during this trial. I honestly think that Raven thinks he would not be sitting in a court room today had it not been for WS. Do you all get that feeling too?

IDK, KK&S -- Somebody on that side of the room is manic-panic about it.

:scared: .. :hills: .. :crazy: .. :razz: .. :eek: .. :doorhide: .. :panic: .. :skip: .. :noooo: .. :gasp: .. :what: .. :hiding: ..:eek:verreaction:

I do wonder if Mr. Wonderful read there (here)?? Do y'all remember whether he did? Why wouldn't he have -- how many Google searches for Abaroa or Raven Abaroa or Janet Abaroa has he done in his lifetime, since he thought so very much of himself & maybe was (I hope) just a bit worried about his future?

Maybe RA is the one driving this mania/phobia bus about WS; I thought it was his Def Team who was so curious. Will we ever hear Some Huge Evidence on a WS board about his case? Or will it just die with not a bang but a whimper, as I suspect?

Final thought about that -- if viewers/readers about this trial hear about WS and aren't familiar with it, you can bet some of them have checked on it by now!! And the more the merrier here, I always say. We're a big bunch of good and diverse folks, and we'd love to have more!

Lunch break.
I was only half listening. What was the purpose of the telephone guy?

just watched a news clip that said the defense does not have Raven on their list of witnesses to call to the stand. BOOOOOO.....

Lunch break.
I was only half listening. What was the purpose of the telephone guy?

I didn't get the purpose of the telephone guy either. The only info he offered was that the phone service was through Time Warner....the paperwork he had only showed telephone service and nothing else.

PS: Edited to add that RA said he picked up the phone in the office to call for help when he found Janet and the phone was dead? The paperwork showed that the service was disconnected in 7/08 IIRC. That's the only thing I can link the telephone man to and that's questionable?

just watched a news clip that said the defense does not have Raven on their list of witnesses to call to the stand. BOOOOOO.....

A bit booooo from me too. I want to watch him in action. Loved watching Jason Young testify during his first trial even though he made me sick.

Does anybody know if they can change that?? Or is the witness list set? I'm kind of surprised that Raven hasn't demanded to go on the stand.

Does anybody know if they can change that?? Or is the witness list set? I'm kind of surprised that Raven hasn't demanded to go on the stand.

I think they can add him onto the list and they have to let the prosecution know.

From WRAL's 4pm internet news:

Lead Detective Faces Tough Questions from Abaroa Defense

Durham, N.C. — The fifth and final lead detective investigating the fatal stabbing of Janet Abaroa spent much of Wednesday morning being cross-examined by her husband's defense attorneys, who said police ignored or improperly handled evidence in the eight-year murder investigation.

Defense attorneys have maintained he was at a soccer game when Janet Abaroa died and that he returned to the couple's Durham home to find her body in an upstairs office. Their 6-month-old son was also home at the time but was not harmed.

Prosecutors have painted Raven Abaroa as a verbally abusive and controlling husband who cheated on his wife and had been in trouble for embezzling money from his job.

Defense attorneys are trying to show that, although Raven Abaroa might not have been an ideal husband, there's no physical evidence to suggest that he killed his wife but that there was evidence that might have cleared him.

Detective Charles Sole, who inherited the case in 2009, however, dismissed some of the defense's claims during his testimony Wednesday.

For example, investigators found DNA in a blood stain on a door that belonged to an unidentified person. But Sole said the print was on the interior glass door of a common entrance to the house and that DNA already on the door’s surface would? Could? have gotten into the blood sample collected by investigators.

Defense attorneys say investigators also ignored evidence of a K-9 police dog picking up a scent that ended at a creek in front of the Abaroas' home, where police found some coins that were never examined.

Sole, who was also the K-9 handler on the case, said the search with the dog was an article search and not a scent-tracking search.

Defense attorneys could begin calling witnesses soon. Last week, Superior Court Judge Orlando Hudson told jurors that he expected the state to wrap up its case by the middle of this week.

So far, at least 60 witnesses have testified about everything from the crime scene to Raven and Janet Abaroa's marriage.

Prosecutors, however, haven't offered a clear motive for why Raven Abaroa would have wanted to kill his wife.

Friends and family members of Janet Abaroa have testified that she was scared of him and that he had drastic mood swings and thought he might had bipolar disorder.

At one point, the couple had separated after Raven Abaroa admitted to having an affair, but they eventually got back together when Janet Abaroa found out she was pregnant with their son – a decision she made after she considered having an abortion or giving the baby up for adoption.

According to an autopsy report, she was in the early stages of pregnancy when she was killed.

Sole testified Tuesday and Wednesday that one of many things that made him suspicious of Raven Abaroa was the lack of a struggle at the crime scene.

There were no signs of forced entry, and the house had been in order except for the small upstairs room where police encountered Janet Abaroa's body.

"The nature of her injuries were a knife wound. In order to do that you had to be close. Given the account of Mrs. Abaroa's physical ability, her child is in the next bedroom, I'm pretty sure she's not just going to give up," Sole said. "There was nothing disturbed. It was all in one central location between the desk and the wall. There was nothing knocked over in the room."

Remember Jason Young......The day before DT started presenting their case, they sprung it on the DA's office, giving them only 1 night to prepare.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tb3
Back