GUILTY NC - William “Andy” Banks, 39, Raleigh, met someone about selling his car, 12 Sept 2020 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This comment comes rather belatedly --
but I just want to say that the story of loveable Andy and his tragic, untimely departure have profoundly saddened me. Many cases have pulled me in, fascinated me, grieved and angered me, and they ALL matter. But this one is so sad I have to look away. It feels like no amount of justice can begin to repay what was stolen from innocent folks who were happily minding their own business.
I have puzzled to no avail over why this one impacts me as it does.

Wednesday, October 7th:
Arraignment Hearing (@ am ET) – NC – William Anderson “Andy” Banks, Jr. (39) (missing Sept. 12, 2020, found Sept. 18, 2020 near 3800 Irish Rd. in Chatham, VA.) - *Justin Fernando Merritt (34) arrested & charged (9/18/20) & arraigned (9/18/20) with 1st degree felony murder, possession of a stolen vehicle, additional charges of larceny of a motor vehicle, armed robbery & possession of a firearm by a convicted felon. $2M bond, but Judge changed it to No bond.
Banks was last seen Saturday afternoon (9/12/20) in the Woodburn Road area near Cameron Village. Officials say was meeting a potential buyer for his silver 2011 Range Rover Sport, whom he met through Craigslist, outside a closed K&W Cafeteria. Banks's silver 2011 Range Rover SUV was reportedly under a tarp in a vacant building on Merritt's street. Police reportedly found Merritt in possession of the SUV, along with an illegally-obtained handgun, ammunition, three cell phones & two spent shell casings.
9/18/20 Update: Merritt had a court appearance scheduled in Wake County court Friday morning for the charge of felony murder. Judge Ned Mangum raised Merritt’s bond from $265,000 to $2 million. He was appointed a capital offender attorney & Judge changed bond to “no bond”. Next hearing on murder & other charges hearing on 10/7/20.

I found this so far--
"Merritt was scheduled to appear in court again Oct. 7 at 9 a.m. However, he is now expected to appear before a Wake County judge on Friday following the murder charge."
I will get into the court calendar and see what else I can find.

Friday, October 9th:
*Hearing (@ am ET) – NC – William Anderson “Andy” Banks, Jr. (39) (missing Sept. 12, 2020, found Sept. 18, 2020 near 3800 Irish Rd. in Chatham, VA.) - *Justin Fernando Merritt (34) arrested & charged (9/18/20) & arraigned (9/18/20) with 1st degree felony murder, possession of a stolen vehicle, additional charges of larceny of a motor vehicle, armed robbery & possession of a firearm by a convicted felon. $2M bond, but Judge changed it to No bond.
Banks was last seen Saturday afternoon (9/12/20) in the Woodburn Road area near Cameron Village. Officials say was meeting a potential buyer for his silver 2011 Range Rover Sport, whom he met through Craigslist, outside a closed K&W Cafeteria. Banks's silver 2011 Range Rover SUV was reportedly under a tarp in a vacant building on Merritt's street. Police reportedly found Merritt in possession of the SUV, along with an illegally-obtained handgun, ammunition, three cell phones & two spent shell casings.
9/18/20 Update: Merritt had a court appearance scheduled in Wake County court Friday morning for the charge of felony murder. Judge Ned Mangum raised Merritt’s bond from $265,000 to $2 million. He was appointed a capital offender attorney & Judge changed bond to “no bond”. Next hearing on murder & other charges hearing on 10/7/20.
10/7/20 Update: No info yet on arraignment hearing. No info on arraignment hearing. Next hearing on Friday, 10/9/20.

So the plan is to kidnap the guy, kill him, take his vehicle, put it under a tarp on your street, and KEEP the gun, ammo, phones and SPENT shell casings? Great plan.
I certainly hope killing Andy wasn't part of the plan. Andy, though he seems like a great guy, probably wouldn't have chosen to protect his 2011 Land Rover with his life either. That leaves senseless violence far and away the most likely, in my opinion.

@Spartygirl - just wondering if there might be a new court date yet?

TIA! :)
Hi there
I have not seen anything new yet.
I checked a few days ago but will check again this afternoon.
The last court hearing I have found is OCT 7th and I am trying to locate the recording from it to see if it mentions a future court date.

Bumping up for you @Spartygirl ! :) Anything "new" on the court site? Did he have his arraignment hearing on 10/9? It was supposed to have been on 10/7, but they moved it to Friday, the 9th.

TIA! :)
and here's some freshly baked cookies while you look!
animated-smileys-housekeeping-007.gif

I've heard they are delicious! :D

and... another
bocal.gif
for @Spartygirl - yes, I am persistent! :)

Just going thru my October list - and wondering IF there might be an update yet?

TIA!
animated-smileys-waving-007.gif
I have been searching for past half hour and cannot find a single thing on a court date for JM.
I will keep looking-- I have only searched NC counties so maybe he was moved ??
I will try to find it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop
Back