NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The "How are you doing", is ridiculous. The dad is quoted as saying that someone has Zahra and she will hopefully go back to Australia. Okay, then why did his wife EB write the ransom note? This doesn't make sense.

They have ruled out the dog hits on the wood chipper more or less.

Earlier this week, a K-9 unit alerted police to a wood chipper on the property. A K-9 unit dog handler told Channel 9 that the hit was not on the wood chipper itself but the engine, and the blood could have come from a cut on a worker’s hand.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/25389806/detail.html

K9 crews indicated earlier in the week that traces of human remains were found on wood processing equipment in an area where Baker's father once worked, but detectives with the Burke County Sheriff's Office said that is no longer a solid lead.

http://charlotte.news14.com/content...ome-up-empty-so-far-as-zahra-search-continues

Right, so whose human remains are the dogs hitting on?

New here, but have been lurking for a while. I just want to know how EB flew to Australia, and AB and ZB flew back to the United States with her. That had to cost well over $4,000. The drug business must be paying very well (or some of those hot checks were written to cover the cost of fares).
welcome meechie! I am just going to take a stab at this...

but it seems that in Australia Dad was working (was it a sugar farm?) so it could be possible he had the money and saved it flying her there and back. Perhaps she promised him work, etc, and when he gets to the states finds it very hard as a non resident to find a job.

That is just a thought on my part...

But I don't see Stepmom having any sort of means to get over there without help and I don't see her having a credit card with that high of a limit either!

I truly think when all the facts come out it is going to be much worse than the little tip of the iceburg we are able to see right now.

MOO

It's only mentioned on page 6 of the pdf. It's NOT listed in the probably cause statement to get the warrant.

The Monte Carlo would be a fourth car. The Monte Carlo is a car a neighbor said they had at the trailer park and turned up "missing" after the move to Hickory.

If the car was junked/sold, we don't know.
I'm confused. :waitasec: Was the Monte Carlo ever seen at the Hickory house, and if not, it's probably no big deal. If it actually was at the house and not seen after Zahra was last seen then that might be something. MOO

Okay it's not a party until someone blows the margins on this thread huh :crazy: JK and Off Topic. :D
LOLOL... was it my monte carlo picture? I deleted it just in case it was

Oh, I hope they are not seriously considering this. I have the feeling EB probably knows how to get out of those ankle bracelets or fool them. No way should her bond be lowered!

Here's my thought after reading about the bond lowering, based on watching too many episodes of "Snapped": I think this is a calculated move by LE - this gives LE just enough time to get a warrant to tap her phones. They'll also have surveillance on her 24/7. They let her out and she either a) goes to check on the body or b) if she has an accomplice, they will be the first person she calls. They know she's probably not the brightest bulb. Either way I think they're hoping they'll catch her in a moment of panic and she'll either leading them right to the body or give them a big clue.

I personally cannot wait to see this lawyer at the bond hearing tomorrow. I also wonder if LE will be presenting anything new to keep her right where she is.... this could be a fireworks just like the casey anthony fiasco ((moo))
The same charge Casey originally faced (child neglect) would be a good start....MOO

I have looked thru the photos on her myspace...

1. the photo fishing off the pier is definitely off The Strand, Townsville..

2. am not 100 percent sure but am convinced the beach one is at Cungulla, Giru Beach...inbetween Townsville and Giru.

3. The photo of the couple in front of a shed like structure also looks to be in Giru....

4. I also think the "doug our newest cop" may be from up here as well........my dad was a policeman in giru...one of two......think there may now be 3....ha ha

5. also arent they australian cars they are looking at????? dont think they are qld no. plates tho....

Boy stepmum lost some weight.........also poor zahra wore that Black Tshirt with the flowers alot didnt she????

I personally think the fire was definitely some form of a coverup.......either to try to get rid of evidence of what happened in that back yard......question was the woodchipper in the back yard??????

or to direct police etc into thinking that someone had a thing in for them, took their child, left a ransom note and burnt down the backyard......and she was in fact somewhere else...

I think some sought of evidence was in the back yard.........these two dont seem to me to be the sharpest tools in the shed and the ransom note showed that......

They seem to be panicking and the police need to think like panicked people......

Also the DSS need to announce the truth, how many calls did they receive and what did they do about it

but it seems that in Australia Dad was working (was it a sugar farm?) so it could be possible he had the money and saved it flying her there and back. Perhaps she promised him work, etc, and when he gets to the states finds it very hard as a non resident to find a job.

But I don't see Stepmom having any sort of means to get over there without help and I don't see her having a credit card with that high of a limit either!

I truly think when all the facts come out it is going to be much worse than the little tip of the iceburg we are able to see right now.

MOO
We were talking last night and it was found that AB flew EB over there - so he must have had some money saved up - and they all flew back over here.

Don't ask for a link - it'll take me forever!!!! lol

We were talking last night and it was found that AB flew EB over there - so he must have had some money saved up - and they all flew back over here.

Don't ask for a link - it'll take me forever!!!! lol
I knew it! And no link necessary Wisey.

I bet she lied to him about her situation in the states as well (ie, that she had no job, etc)

nice.

MOO

It is alleged that AB sent money to EB to fly over to Australia, I'm also assuming he paid for them all to return to the States.

There's an excellent article about 911 call analysis here:
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m2194/is_6_77/ai_n27504386/?tag=content;col1

911 homicide calls and statement analysis: is the caller the killer?

{snip}

A woman who murdered her spouse called 911 to report that an unknown assailant had shot her and her husband. The opening dialogue in the call is an example of that of a guilty caller.

Dispatcher: 911. What's your emergency?

Guilty caller: Hi, I've been shot, and my husband has been shot.

The wife used the unexpected friendly greeting "Hi" with the dispatcher while her husband, who had been shot in the head, lay dead on the floor. The wife should have remained focused on demanding immediate medical assistance for her spouse. The order of her words also provided insight as she referred to herself first and to her critically wounded husband last. The investigation revealed that the woman intentionally shot and killed her husband and superficially wounded herself.

New here, but have been lurking for a while. I just want to know how EB flew to Australia, and AB and ZB flew back to the United States with her. That had to cost well over $4,000. The drug business must be paying very well (or some of those hot checks were written to cover the cost of fares).

He worked at the sugar mill in Giru.....which pays well....

He asked her to come and visit..so probably paid her fare over......she stayed from what I can gather and they got married while here......to get back it would have been 3 x one way fares ..........so yep would have been about $4000 aud........that could have been saved easily on what he would have earnt at the Giru Mill............dont think Giru would have been an expensive town to live in....

Her health costs would have been free her in Australia....and the townsship of giru did a lot of fund raising for the family as well

"The lady saying they were keeping Zahra in the attic, and they thought it was squirrels, that lady has squirrels in her head," Reilly said. "She had no business saying things that were untrue. Someone else says she was kept in a locked room and only allowed to come out five minutes a day to eat. Those people [reporting that information] should have their media credentials revoked."
http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/10/18/north.carolina.missing.girl/

I'd like to know what law school this guy went to - he should have his license to practice revoked for using "squirrels in her head" as a legal defense. That reply would get you booted out of any 1L class!

Thank you so much Peachy!

My first thought went back to this 911 call from another case of a missing child here on WS:

911: “911, what’s your emergency”

Misty Croslin: “Hi…umm…I just woke up…and our backdoor was wide open and I think…and I can’t find our daughter”

Just my immediate thought. I saved your link. It's important. :)

Good one Peachy - No one calls 911, who is completely innocent and sincere and says "Hi, how ya doing?" no one does this.

It is well establised by LE and criminal profilers that to give a greeting to 911 or 000 or 999 (emergency numbers) is a huge clue that not all is as it seems. The police would notice this immediately and focus on it and use it as a start and the first piece to the puzzle of the whole crime.

Thank you so much Peachy!

My first thought went back to this 911 call from another case of a missing child here on WS:

911: “911, what’s your emergency”

Misty Croslin: “Hi…umm…I just woke up…and our backdoor was wide open and I think…and I can’t find our daughter”

Just my immediate thought. I saved your link. It's important. :)
Yes, another good example! MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member