NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much Peachy!

My first thought went back to this 911 call from another case of a missing child here on WS:

911: “911, what’s your emergency”

Misty Croslin: “Hi…umm…I just woke up…and our backdoor was wide open and I think…and I can’t find our daughter”

Just my immediate thought. I saved your link. It's important. :)

You're welcome Kat.

Yes, I had saved that link from Misty's call. I thought I should keep it for future reference. Seems it has come in handy.

He worked at the sugar mill in Giru.....which pays well....

He asked her to come and visit..so probably paid her fare over......she stayed from what I can gather and they got married while here......to get back it would have been 3 x one way fares ..........so yep would have been about $4000 aud........that could have been saved easily on what he would have earnt at the Giru Mill............dont think Giru would have been an expensive town to live in....

Her health costs would have been free her in Australia....and the townsship of giru did a lot of fund raising for the family as well

Makes sense. Thanks, revampz and all. You peeps move so fast! It's hard to keep up with all the posts. Love the dedication.

Please stay on topic, peeps!

If you have something off topic that you need to communicate to another poster, please send a PM or an email.

Thanks!

Man went and fixed dinner and ate and come back and the threads is flying again.
Really am surprised they let AB visit EB- and it sure looks like the 1 15 min. visit per week is an old rule or they made an exception- (of course it could have meant 1 visit per person per WEEK)

I'm not going to draw any conclusions about AB's 911 call- I seriously thought I was having a heart attack years ago and I called 911 not only did I start the call with "hi" I apologized to the EMT's.

It did make me think reading the comments here then hearing NG bring up RC, I know there are a lot of people who don't believe Ron's call because it was "over the top" and now they don't believe AB because he wasn't.
I just don't think there is a right or a wrong way to deal with a missing child- (except waiting 31 days to report that child missing is not a normal reaction for anyone)

Exactly! It also reminds me of another set of 911 calls about a stolen car and then oh, by the way, my granddaughter has been missing for 31 days. Same sequence here with the early morning fire and then hours later, oops, my disabled daughter is nowhere to be found....(paraphrased). MOO

Yep! Casey went to the phone and first word was "hello"

I'm so glad to know that AB has visited EB! I would LOVE to know all about that conversation. Surely he got some type of information out of her that could be beneficial to LE's investigation.
I hope so. Just too bad we won't know though.

Oh don't worry, I'm pretty sure LE taped those convos. That's legal in NC, right? (in some states it isn't). No way would they let a conversation between two POIs happen without bugs firmly planted in the walls (or phones, or wherever they put them). I mean if they have all of Casey Anthony's convos in jail with her parents on tape, then they definitely have to have this.

Right, that fact this couple waited at least 2 days to report. Dad has verified and stated that he did not see Zahra from Thursday to Sat. Then all of a sudden Zahra's missing?? Is LE hoping Dad will lead them to Zahra and LE is recording and dissecting everything EB and Daddy says-hopefully will will hear more this week.

I self edited, sorry hoppyfrog.

The woman who gave the interview on NG that was the witness to see Zahra at the furniture store.

Couldn't a MSM media interview complicate her testimony when/if this goes to trial? Just curious? TIA.

The woman who gave the interview on NG that was the witness to see Zahra at the furniture store.

Couldn't a MSM media interview complicate her testimony when/if this goes to trial? Just curious? TIA.
My apologies also, hoppyfrog.

That's a good question, Kat, but IMO, the most important thing would be that she remains consistent in what she says and isn't paid for any interviews. MOO

I'm soooo hoping that AB was cooperating with LE and tried to get more info out of EB when he visited her. Certainly LE was recording/monitoring the visit and they would know by what he said (or didn't say) whether or not he was involved. . . Sheesh, anyone of us could have heard/watched that visit and been able to tell if he was involved or not. Either way, LE has got to know now and it will be interesting to see their interaction with him over the next few days. Maybe we'll be able to notice a shift one way or the other.

I often wonder in this day and age with so much evidence readily available on the Internet before cops can even get to it or control it getting out, if finding an impartial jury will ever be possible again. Despite how guilty someone might clearly be, they also deserve a fair trial, and the taxpayers deserve a fair trial that doesn't get overturned on appeal. If the witness was paid by the tv station for an interview, you could easily argue its admissibility. (hope this wasn't off-topic...)

Thank you! I was hoping that a 911 operator would comment on this.

AB said he looked in the house and round the block before calling 911.

Thanks....that makes it even more hinky, then. Panic should have set in by the time he made the call. I don't believe a word of it! EB's stupid ransom note didn't work, so they went to plan B. I want him arrested!! :furious::furious:

Thanks....that makes it even more hinky, then. Panic should have set in by the time he made the call. I don't believe a word of it! EB's stupid ransom note didn't work, so they went to plan B. I want him arrested!! :furious::furious:

I think we all would of been out of breath and in a state of shock. He sounds calm. I can only speak for myself and I would of called before looking outside the house for her and I would of been in a high alert mode. AKA-PANIC!!!!

I think we all would of been out of breath and in a state of shock. He sounds calm. I can only speak for myself and I would of called before looking outside the house for her and I would of been in a high alert mode. AKA-PANIC!!!!

BBM
JMO I could see him looking around first it was in the middle of the day.I would think it would be common for most kids to go outside to play at that time of day.

I often wonder in this day and age with so much evidence readily available on the Internet before cops can even get to it or control it getting out, if finding an impartial jury will ever be possible again. Despite how guilty someone might clearly be, they also deserve a fair trial, and the taxpayers deserve a fair trial that doesn't get overturned on appeal. If the witness was paid by the tv station for an interview, you could easily argue its admissibility. (hope this wasn't off-topic...)

Exactly, and this is why a defense attorney like EB's, in a media-saturated case like this one, is forced to be proactive - to protect his or her client from the possibility of being pre-judged by jurists who believe information not given under oath, i.e., things those twelve people may have read online or heard in the media.

I have looked thru the photos on her myspace...

1. the photo fishing off the pier is definitely off The Strand, Townsville..

2. am not 100 percent sure but am convinced the beach one is at Cungulla, Giru Beach...inbetween Townsville and Giru.

3. The photo of the couple in front of a shed like structure also looks to be in Giru....

4. I also think the "doug our newest cop" may be from up here as well........my dad was a policeman in giru...one of two......think there may now be 3....ha ha

5. also arent they australian cars they are looking at????? dont think they are qld no. plates tho....

Boy stepmum lost some weight.........also poor zahra wore that Black Tshirt with the flowers alot didnt she????

I personally think the fire was definitely some form of a coverup.......either to try to get rid of evidence of what happened in that back yard......question was the woodchipper in the back yard??????

or to direct police etc into thinking that someone had a thing in for them, took their child, left a ransom note and burnt down the backyard......and she was in fact somewhere else...

I think some sought of evidence was in the back yard.........these two dont seem to me to be the sharpest tools in the shed and the ransom note showed that......

They seem to be panicking and the police need to think like panicked people......

Also the DSS need to announce the truth, how many calls did they receive and what did they do about it

Thanks for all the local insights there, and think it's very likely the fire was to destroy evidence....I wonder what is missing from the home which should have been there, although according to LE they retrieved a lot of evidence from the fire so they may have merely driven LE's attention directly to whatever it was they were attempting to hide. Agree, EB's proclamation of a college education is looking less and less likely.

I hope DSS is investigated over this, but as we all know there'll be a report, and excuses made, and nothing will change or improve. I have completely lost hope in departments which are supposed to protect children since the Kiesha Abrahams case.

He worked at the sugar mill in Giru.....which pays well....

He asked her to come and visit..so probably paid her fare over......she stayed from what I can gather and they got married while here......to get back it would have been 3 x one way fares ..........so yep would have been about $4000 aud........that could have been saved easily on what he would have earnt at the Giru Mill............dont think Giru would have been an expensive town to live in....

Her health costs would have been free her in Australia....and the townsship of giru did a lot of fund raising for the family as well

Adam will not be able to return to Giru IMO....It's awkward enough in a country town after even the most minor infraction. This? Forgetaboutit.

Thanks for the report ReVampz

He hadn't even seen her since Thursday or checked in on her that morning although there was a fire and he was home, so taking that into consideration it doesn't surprise me he's calm on the 911 call (or what we've heard of it). For me though it's how the call starts out with the "niceties" instead of addressing the emergency. MOO

No one and I mean NO ONE calls police to report their daughter missing and the first words out of their mouth are "Hey, how ya doing?"

Any criminal profiler will tell you that this is not a normal response. The first thing they will say is what they need ie. I need the police, I need an ambulance etc.

A red flag should be raised when anyone calls EMS and "greets" them, especially as casually as that.

I admit, that seems quite odd.
The only "reason" I can think of is that he wasn't thinking the worst (ie; she is missing) maybe more along the lines of she wandered off ? ? I dunno. Strange.

I have heard mention of pain pill abuse but I'm starting to wonder if AB isn't either A) Severely disabled B) on valium or like drugs or C) he has her and is hiding her.

Thanks for all the local insights there, and think it's very likely the fire was to destroy evidence....I wonder what is missing from the home which should have been there, although according to LE they retrieved a lot of evidence from the fire so they may have merely driven LE's attention directly to whatever it was they were attempting to hide. Agree, EB's proclamation of a college education is looking less and less likely.

I hope DSS is investigated over this, but as we all know there'll be a report, and excuses made, and nothing will change or improve. I have completely lost hope in departments which are supposed to protect children since the Kiesha Abrahams case.

Adam will not be able to return to Giru IMO....It's awkward enough in a country town after even the most minor infraction. This? Forgetaboutit.

Thanks for the report ReVampz

I just had a thought. Maybe EB only called 911 about the fire because she saw that person at the doughnut shop? Maybe she was trying to get rid of something, she sees that someone is around and thinks, oh boy, better call the police to cover my butt.

I admit, that seems quite odd.
The only "reason" I can think of is that he wasn't thinking the worst (ie; she is missing) maybe more along the lines of she wandered off ? ? I dunno. Strange.

I have heard mention of pain pill abuse but I'm starting to wonder if AB isn't either A) Severely disabled B) on valium or like drugs or C) he has her and is hiding her.

All good points, but I don't think he is disabled. Don't let that Northern Queesnland accent fool you. Agree with points B and C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rythmico